Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Consdering most politicians and the ruling class would prefer a populace of uneducated chattel slaves, it's a pretty big deal.

Personally I think pointing to America's awful performance in things like infrastructure, healthcare and education and inciting patriotism about it is a great way to channel those feelings towards a positive outcome

its good that you have a positive outlook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Has any candidate openly alleged Obama's involvement in the assassination of Antonin Scalia?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Quinnipiac, which had the same results today.

Well, either everyone else is wrong or their model is hosed up.

Has anyone looked at whether polling is getting more or less accurate since the advent of cell phones?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I know per Trump, America isn't great - maybe even a disaster - and has third world infrastructure and unacceptable health care and everything else. Has he ever listed off which countries the US should look to as role models for success?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

The Saurus posted:

Congrats on starting that great meme here by the way

but that pretty much means a lot of Trumps support isn't counted right?

Can you call me next and poll me I want my opinion to be part of the next poll thank you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Piquai Souban posted:

I know per Trump, America isn't great - maybe even a disaster - and has third world infrastructure and unacceptable health care and everything else. Has he ever listed off which countries the US should look to as role models for success?

Yeah the USA circa June 6 1944.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Has any candidate openly alleged Obama's involvement in the assassination of Antonin Scalia?

"You know, I just landed and I’m hearing it’s a big topic, and it’s a horrible topic. But they say they found a pillow on his face, which is a pretty unusual place to find a pillow." - Donald J. Trump

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Is Trump saying security shouldn't prevent concert-goers from bringing guns?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
SC House with another poll(not sure if this has been posted)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4lhKxf9pMitQjFNTERqblhldUk/view?pref=2&pli=1

Trump 34.74
Rubio 15.82
Cruz 15.82
Bush 14.15
Kasich 8.60
Carson 5.91
undecided 4.95

Seems they are doing one of these a day.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nonsense posted:

No, but Trump will be Trump:

quote:

Savage, after wondering if Scalia was "murdered," asked Trump if he would support a Warren Commission-style investigation into the justice's death.
Trump responded that while he doesn't have enough information to comment on whether Scalia was murdered, he found it "pretty unusual" that the justice was discovered with "a pillow on his face."

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Montasque posted:

Trump 34.74
Rubio 15.82
Cruz 15.82
Bush 14.15
Kasich 8.60
Carson 5.91
undecided 4.95

These ones also huge, big, beautiful sample sizes.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

Those should count.

They have to complete the entire poll to count.

Yay, Nate Silver think we're great pollsters. We're mostly potheads, dissidents and fuckups, but I guess we get good data!

The Saurus posted:

Congrats on starting that great meme here by the way

but that pretty much means a lot of Trumps support isn't counted right?

Can you call me next and poll me I want my opinion to be part of the next poll thank you

Thanks.

It evens out eventually, since a lot of this Trump *click* respondents are probably lack the patience/discipline/intellect to figure out when and where to go vote anyway. Basically, if you're the kind of person to shout your vote into your phone at a total stranger, I don't think you can reliably be counted on to vote at all.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Aww I was hoping Cruzmentum would be real.

If he ended up with the nomination, I would start laughing and just never stop. Him losing would be the greatest refutation of conservatism's bullshit in the history of our nation, and I would love it dearly, and him winning would mean I'd be laughing through tears at the insanity of man.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Haha the Trump thing on msnbc was prerecorded. Makes the counter programming even funnier.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Thump! posted:

If he ended up with the nomination, I would start laughing and just never stop. Him losing would be the greatest refutation of conservatism's bullshit in the history of our nation, and I would love it dearly, and him winning would mean I'd be laughing through tears at the insanity of man.

him winning would be Cthulhu cult levels of madness and I'd be pretty OK with it, so long as the void welcomes all comers

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thump! posted:

If the republican field hasn't pushed you over the edge yet I'm pretty impressed.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Tainen posted:

Haha the Trump thing on msnbc was prerecorded. Makes the counter programming even funnier.

Of course it was!

Fox Ironic posted:

They have to complete the entire poll to count...

It evens out eventually, since a lot of this Trump *click* respondents are probably lack the patience/discipline/intellect to figure out when and where to go vote anyway. Basically, if you're the kind of person to shout your vote into your phone at a total stranger, I don't think you can reliably be counted on to vote at all.

I agree man. Shine on you crazy diamond.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Piquai Souban posted:

Going by Jrode's thread: Qatar, the UAE, and Bahrain.

They're very economically free countries! (Please ignore the literal loving slavery occurring in them.)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Thump! posted:

It IS real! Cruz is really a gigantic piece of loving poo poo! And he's going to win SC! (2nd place).

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Thump! posted:

You're a monster.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
My only question about the wall is who the Lord Commander will be

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Montasque posted:

Trump 34.74
Rubio 15.82
Cruz 15.82
Bush 14.15
Kasich 8.60
Carson 5.91
undecided 4.95

Lol at libertarians being overwhelmingly in love with the guy who has promised to spend more than any other candidate, technically they should probably support Cruz but I can't blame them for saying gently caress that poo poo.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

The Saurus posted:

You're a monster.

Chaos reigns.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Carson poo poo talking LBJ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

VR Native American posted:

Carson poo poo talking LBJ

Eh what did LBJ ever do for black people.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ben Carson talking about farmers falling out of trees and getting eaten by bears and how it relates to the welfare state.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Listening to the town hall right now. Ben Carson is pretty zzz, although that's less apparent when he's the only person talking.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Trump is killing it on MSNBC.

Anyone watching the low energy losers townhall on CNN? Are they going 1 at a time, or are all 3 guys fielding questions??? How's it going?

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
"True compassion is telling people to gently caress off and take care of themselves" -Dr. Ben Carson

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

MaxxBot posted:

Lol at libertarians being overwhelmingly in love with the guy who has promised to spend more than any other candidate, technically they should probably support Cruz but I can't blame them for saying gently caress that poo poo.

Trump is better at Cruz' strategy than Cruz is and it owns.

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump is killing it on MSNBC.

Anyone watching the low energy losers townhall on CNN? Are they going 1 at a time, or are all 3 guys fielding questions??? How's it going?

One at a time.

Carson is rambling about people getting eaten by bears and why the government should stop helping poor people

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I mean, that's at least a pretty good support program that Carson supports, so that's a thing I guess.

Also Ben Carson don't even try to act like you aren't horrifically unqualified. Yeah, the political class are a definite thing, but goddamn you don't know poo poo about how to make politics work.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Wait, Ben Carson sat on executive boards? Huh. That's... huh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I guess CNN thought that Trump mauling the already rotting corpse of Jeb Bush would be better TV than pitting him vs Rubio and Cruz?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

One at a time.

Carson is rambling about people getting eaten by bears and why the government should stop helping poor people

Cool. Trump reiterated his healthcare stance of getting rid of Obamacare since it sucks for us non-poors and increasing the use of HSAs and eliminating state borders for buying insurance, and then covering the poors and not letting them "die in the streets" via medicaid, workimg out deals with hospitals, etc/

He also fielded a question from a female black entrepreneur and started bashing Obama over black youth unemployment and the disparity of unemployment between white and black professionals.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The Paris attacks wouldn't have happened if those Parisians had had guns!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Ben Carson: "Assume the position, America."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Salt Fish posted:

If the republican field hasn't pushed you over the edge yet I'm pretty impressed.

Liquor helps

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

The Lord of Hats posted:

Wait, Ben Carson sat on executive boards? Huh. That's... huh.

He's rich as balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
Ben Carson has multiple big ideas

• Locked thread