Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Everyone makes or buys the best pizza in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I don't. :colbert:

My purchased pizzas are 'good' at best.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Any pizza that you are currently eating is the best pizza in the world.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Don't know how, but I used only a little over 1/2 of a tank driving from Dallas to Austin. 220 miles, 13 gallon tank. Finally filled up today - even with me driving like I stole it (cruise at 80 in most areas - which is actually only 5 over on a good chunk of I-35), and with the a/c on, I managed 33.3 mpg.

Less than :10bux: in gas to get here, and it'll take about the same to get home.

meatpimp posted:

Oh, STR is going to have something to say on this topic! :glomp:

TRAP SPRUNG

Not much to say, I agree with everyone else that homemade pizza is much better. :shrug:

stevobob posted:

Any pizza that you are currently eating is the best pizza in the world.

Some say pizza is kind of like sex... even when it's bad, it's still good.

Damnit you fuckers, now I'm craving pizza... and have $10 to my name until tomorrow morning. Cooking isn't an option since I'm not exactly close to home.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 17, 2016

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

some texas redneck posted:

Some say pizza is kind of like sex... even when it's bad, it's still good.

Does that make the $5 Hot-N-Ready at Little Caesar's a low effort handie? :downsrim:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Magnus Praeda posted:

Does that make the $5 Hot-N-Ready at Little Caesar's a low effort handie? :downsrim:

A handie with instant regret

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Phone posted:

The game design is robust, the game narrative is not.

I think the trick is to not view them as separate elements that have nothing to do with each other, but instead view the game design with the "narrative" as a cohesive whole. They inform each other to give you insight into the thesis of the game.

I will admit, it's super easy to take all of those quotes of philosophers and physicists at face value and go "This guy is a pretentious dickwad." But If you take what those quotes are saying or describing and think about it in terms of what you are doing in the game (seeing a problem, devising a hypothesis, testing the hypothesis, solving the problem, building on previous knowledge to solve a harder problem) then both sides (the game design and the audio logs) start to make a lot more sense as a single message.

I've not finished the game yet so I might be totally wrong, but this is just something I've noticed so far.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Where's a nice place to go running in the greater L.A. area? I was thinking a nice boardwalk beach run since we're going to have a couple of days to explore LA. I was thinking near santa monica or maybe venice beach, even though it's a dump. Wife's never been to the Pacific.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Magnus Praeda posted:

Nah, Its picking up the ugly chick with the unibrow and overbite at last call after striking out all night. Its all you can get and you're not going to respect yourself in the morning, but its still good enough when you're in the moment. The low effort handie is the crazy bread.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Magnus Praeda posted:

From a homeless bum in exchange for a 375ml bottle of kamchatka vodka.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
So in the space of about four days we sold my sister's old 2009 Mazda3 neo auto and picked up this ex-corporate 2014-but-MY2015 Mazda2 Maxx 6MT.

6 speed manual, 106 horsepower 1.5L skyactiv motor with stop-start.

stop-start is cooooool.

Sold the 3 for $14k and paid $15700 for this 2, it only has 3800km on it.

It's pretty nice, actually. Drives quite well, steering feedback and response is good, motor is nice and revvy (though too quiet, even Maddy (sister) thinks it needs an exhaust :getin:)

Only complaint is that the clutch is a bit floaty and has a fairly undefined friction point, but I'm sure it's something you'd get used to if you DD'd it.

I wouldn't hate DDing one of these. Which is a big step up over the soul-sucking autotragic in the old base-model 3;

Sold it the day after we put it up :v:

Alchemy: the act of converting Mazda3s into this huge slab of cash:

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 18, 2016

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Awful app keeps crashing on my iPad...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Magnus Praeda posted:

The Hot-N-Readiea are the mipeds of the pizza world. Sure, you'll mount up, but you don't want your friends to see how low you've sunk for a fix. Who am I kidding? I'd gleefully ride a moped.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ellios pizza 4 lyfe!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awesome.

My siamese has had some bladder issues that have been treated by numerous vets and diagnosed as emotional problems. He's been pissing on stuff for as long as we've had him so we got him medicated. We smelled a faint pee smell today so we picked up an industrial black light and there is dry piss in every corner of the spare room where their litter and cat tree sits.

I love the little fucker but this is getting tiresome.

rear end in a top hat.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Rhyno posted:

Awesome.

My siamese has had some bladder issues that have been treated by numerous vets and diagnosed as emotional problems. He's been pissing on stuff for as long as we've had him so we got him medicated. We smelled a faint pee smell today so we picked up an industrial black light and there is dry piss in every corner of the spare room where their litter and cat tree sits.

I love the little fucker but this is getting tiresome.

rear end in a top hat.

Try changing litters and pet him more?

We have a cat, Biscuit, who's a bit retarded. Okay, a lot retarded. He wasn't getting enough attention, so he decided he'd poo poo in the box of cat toys. After that we gave him lots of pats and all kinds of attention and it's really made him just go in the box. Keeping it scooped thrice a day helps too. One of our cats, PimPim, likes to piss on random stuff if the litter boxen aren't clean enough for her. It could be as simple as that. Hope that helps!
e: hey! Lookit that, while looking for pics of said cats, I found my old E46! What a nice car it was

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 18, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BloodBag posted:

Try changing litters and pet him more?

We have a cat, Biscuit, who's a bit retarded. Okay, a lot retarded. He wasn't getting enough attention, so he decided he'd poo poo in the box of cat toys. After that we gave him lots of pats and all kinds of attention and it's really made him just go in the box. Keeping it scooped thrice a day helps too. One of our cats, PimPim, likes to piss on random stuff if the litter boxen aren't clean enough for her. It could be as simple as that. Hope that helps!

We have 4 litter pans, each with a different litter. He's sitting in my lap most of the time I am home, attention is never a problem. He lounges with the other cats half the day, they don't hate each other. We figure when we're gone he flips out and that's when he pees but there's nothing we can do about our schedules.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Rhyno posted:

We have 4 litter pans, each with a different litter. He's sitting in my lap most of the time I am home, attention is never a problem. He lounges with the other cats half the day, they don't hate each other. We figure when we're gone he flips out and that's when he pees but there's nothing we can do about our schedules.

In that case.... nature's miracle is your friend. Dunno what else to say.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I walked in the other day to see my boy cat Isaac completely ignoring the FULL water bowls in the bathroom and head down in the toilet drinking from that... Next time I catch him doing that he's going for a swim so he doesn't get used to it, cos one day he's going to drink a freshly cleaned toilet and wind up at the vets with a gut full of chemicals...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Feliway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BloodBag posted:

In that case.... nature's miracle is your friend. Dunno what else to say.

Even NM doesn't get rid of the UV visible stains. Thankfully the room's carpet is self contained so the cost of replacement won't be horrible.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pizza chat - For anyone in the Phoenix area, if you haven't tried Fired Pie, you should. They only make single person sized (11") thin crust pizza's, but it's a flat price of $7.95 and you tell them how to make it. You can choose the type of sauce, and how much, what type of cheese, and how much. Same with all the toppings, and they have a bunch to choose from. They'll build it any way you want with as many toppings as you want and it costs exactly the same, and it's really loving good.

They also do salads the same way, but who the hell goes to a pizza place and gets a salad?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

This poo poo does work miracles.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tide posted:

If you catch this, kill your wifi connection and open awful. I force it to try and refresh the forums/threads list (getting a connection error) then reenable wifi. Speculation I read pointed to a change in the forums list. Waiting for a patch.

Rhyno posted:

Peehole.

Remind me to post a photo of my basement sometime.... Tarps and pee pads, oh my! rear end in a top hat cat.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tide posted:

Mine was being a dick on iPhone 6 after this last update. Kept forcing it open and eventually it worked.

My wife makes awesome pizza but I'm legit interested in a cold dough thing. We mix it up with our Bosch which has been the best thing ever.

Not the best for my diet but seriously my wife can bake the hell out of cookies and treats using that thing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm guessing you've already tried dietary changes? One of our cats starts pissing anywhere and everywhere if we ever try to move them off of the "urinary health" kibble.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
iPhone chat reminds me... The Mrs. 6 is dying. I'm torn, while we don't spend a ton on iTunes, it's enough to make me question if I should just jump on a 6s or push for android as a replacement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm guessing you've already tried dietary changes? One of our cats starts pissing anywhere and everywhere if we ever try to move them off of the "urinary health" kibble.

Fucker gets food that costs more for a 1lb bag than the 10lb bag we feed the other two.

Hilariously we laid tarps and an area rug under the litter pans to protect the carpet closest to the litter and he never pees outside the boxes there.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

BloodBag posted:

Where's a nice place to go running in the greater L.A. area? I was thinking a nice boardwalk beach run since we're going to have a couple of days to explore LA. I was thinking near santa monica or maybe venice beach, even though it's a dump. Wife's never been to the Pacific.

The north part of Santa monica has some good running. If you go up ocean to san vicente that is where a friend of mine lives, last time I was there I did some running around his place. there are lots of opportunities to go up and down stairs. There's a green strip down the center of san vicente and a park along ocean, and then the strand trail along the beach will get you all the way to venice, so if you'd prefer flat ground and the beach, you can start anywhere between marina del rey and pacific palisades.

https://www.strava.com/activities/110787924
https://www.strava.com/activities/110213044

Or, if you want to go hiking we used to always go to temescal canyon. There's a reasonable sized loop. And then up in the malibu mountains lots of trails and parks and fun driving. If you're out that way you should probably go to neptune's net to discuss what's happening after race wars.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Take your dough, pinch a bit off. Stuff a single pepperoni and a piece of mozzarella inside of it. Seal it, shape it into a small bowl. Toss into a bundt pan that's been lightly greased and maybe coated in some Italian seasonings (oregano, etc). Repeat. Bake. Pizza monkey bread. Use marinara as a dipping sauce. Great for a party. It's a ton of fun to make with small kids who might not be able to handle kneading a bigger piece of dough.

Now to figure out how the hell some random person from my past found me on Facebook. I've got everything locked down as much as possible and they were still able to message me with seemingly little trouble.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Oh Australia, never stop. :allears:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35600546

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Oh my god. No way. I wish I'd known about this when I was driving thru coming back from NSW.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

QuarkMartial posted:

Now to figure out how the hell some random person from my past found me on Facebook. I've got everything locked down as much as possible and they were still able to message me with seemingly little trouble.
How do I invite you to my next party?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Cage posted:

How do I invite you to my next party?

Call Chippendales. Ask for Barney

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

Pizza chat - For anyone in the Phoenix area, if you haven't tried Fired Pie, you should. They only make single person sized (11") thin crust pizza's, but it's a flat price of $7.95 and you tell them how to make it. You can choose the type of sauce, and how much, what type of cheese, and how much. Same with all the toppings, and they have a bunch to choose from. They'll build it any way you want with as many toppings as you want and it costs exactly the same, and it's really loving good.

They also do salads the same way, but who the hell goes to a pizza place and gets a salad?

We have a place in Temecula, CA that does the exact same thing, for that exact price even. Except it's also a micro brewery.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

The Locator posted:

This is a national trend, every metro area has a restaurant or local chain like this.

There's a lot of strong opinions about pizza in this thread - I'd recommend this book to most of the people with those opinions http://www.amazon.com/American-Pie-Search-Perfect-Pizza/dp/1580084222/ref=sr_1_23?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455776677&sr=1-23&keywords=pizza

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Our other driver for the night quit in the middle of his shift. I had to stay late and clean up after his dumb rear end but also made shitloads of money because of it. Is there a word for annoyed but also satisfied?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

jamal posted:

The north part of Santa monica has some good running. If you go up ocean to san vicente that is where a friend of mine lives, last time I was there I did some running around his place. there are lots of opportunities to go up and down stairs. There's a green strip down the center of san vicente and a park along ocean, and then the strand trail along the beach will get you all the way to venice, so if you'd prefer flat ground and the beach, you can start anywhere between marina del rey and pacific palisades.

https://www.strava.com/activities/110787924
https://www.strava.com/activities/110213044

Or, if you want to go hiking we used to always go to temescal canyon. There's a reasonable sized loop. And then up in the malibu mountains lots of trails and parks and fun driving. If you're out that way you should probably go to neptune's net to discuss what's happening after race wars.

Does that mean I can have delicious scrimps with Vin Diesel Toretto?

Thanks man. I'm really excited to be going back in Cali. I never got much time to spend in SoCal, most of my time was in the Bay Area and the Central Coast. I'm happy that most of the places we need to go are close on Sat/Sun so we can just go out and explore.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 18, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

blk posted:

This is a national trend, every metro area has a restaurant or local chain like this.

There's a lot of strong opinions about pizza in this thread - I'd recommend this book to most of the people with those opinions http://www.amazon.com/American-Pie-Search-Perfect-Pizza/dp/1580084222/ref=sr_1_23?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455776677&sr=1-23&keywords=pizza

Thin crust, tomato sauce, mozzarella, one meat, fresh basil, wood-fired oven, no items, fox only, final destination :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Seriously if nobody has tried using reggae reggae jerk sauce instead of a tomato based pizza sauce you're missing out.

It's like $2 a bottle to change your life forever.

• Locked thread