Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Foxhound posted:

You're not gonna be able to convince me that that Geocities page took more than 5 minutes to make.

Computers were pretty slow back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pretty much every border Morris side I know that uses facepaint will wear colours instead of blackface but for all I know that's a regional thing. The problem is that a lot of the time blackface in folk traditions such as Morris dancing or mumming isn't meant to represent a caricature of a black person, but rather to disguise the dancer / performer - especially in mumming, as one of the things you're supposed to do when the mummers come to call is guess who the people are under their disguises. Of course, if you don't know this then it looks hella racist.

Also I'm pretty sure that the primary symptom of excessive Anglophilia is an overindulgence in Dr. Who.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Morris dancing is a weird and shameful thing to do when your inbred village has been doing it for hundreds of years, can't imagine who it attracts in places they don't even have that.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FourLeaf posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/44e14x/prank_went_wrong_and_my_cousin_was_arrested/

I'm surprisingly happy to know that one of those loving obnoxious YouTube pranksters will go to prison.

"He's never gotten in trouble with the law before, ever! except that one time he got put on probation for doing something illegal"

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

More like moorish dance, right?

More like moopish dance, urwrong.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Is there an English version of weeaboo? It sounds like some of these Morris dancers are very into English culture, and perhaps overlap with SCA nerds? But I'm just guessing here.

Funny how you don't see these nerds getting into dance styles like salsa or cumbia or something.

Have you ever considered that it could just be because dance styles like salsa of cumbia require a reasonable level of fitness and skill?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Granted some people argue that people are getting weirder but it's the same thing, really; humans have always been weird. Now it's just more visible.

I remember Usenet! If people have gotten weirder, it happened before the internet.

Christ, Usenet.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Also known as a freeaboo.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

Have you ever considered that it could just be because dance styles like salsa of cumbia require a reasonable level of fitness and skill?

1) Morris is, usually, physically strenuous, what with all the hopping and leaping and running around you do. It's great cardio.

2) Considering how fast and hard you swing a stick during a stick dance you're drat right it requires skill, because if you're not in the right place at the right time you'll get a three-foot stick of one-and-a-half-inch hickory to the skull.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Morris dancing is silly. It looks silly.

I agree it takes skill and practice to do it well, but that adds to the silliness. Because that means taht groups of people spend hours practicing jumping and waving hankies about.

It is a twee, silly, harmless British affectation.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Golem II posted:

I follow a Tumblr that posts cached pages from Geocities. This was one of the pages posted tonight.

How do you get these cached pages? Archive.org? I just tried a FF7 one I had made and it had Feb 12 2016 thing and redirected to aabacosmallbusiness. com What the hell? Am I using it wrong?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Posted by someone called "animedads."

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Thin Privilege posted:

How do you get these cached pages? Archive.org? I just tried a FF7 one I had made and it had Feb 12 2016 thing and redirected to aabacosmallbusiness. com What the hell? Am I using it wrong?

This is the tumblr http://oneterabyteofkilobyteage.tumblr.com/ where the screenshots are posted.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scathach posted:

Posted by someone called "animedads."

So your co-worker will judge you either way?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

I agree it takes skill and practice to do it well, but that adds to the silliness. Because that means taht groups of people spend hours practicing jumping and waving hankies about.

Oh, absolutely. It ought not be taken seriously, and the people who take it super seriously, with arguments over whether women should be allowed to do it, or if new dances are to be allowed, or any other ridiculous argument, are entirely AUG. We dance about with bells on our shins and hankies in our hands, it is entirely a silly, fun thing that by its very nature is ridiculous.

Also there are usually beards and hats.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Mad Hamish posted:

Oh, absolutely. It ought not be taken seriously, and the people who take it super seriously, with arguments over whether women should be allowed to do it, or if new dances are to be allowed, or any other ridiculous argument, are entirely AUG. We dance about with bells on our shins and hankies in our hands, it is entirely a silly, fun thing that by its very nature is ridiculous.

This is getting dangerously close to hat rule territory.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Obviously they are gonna have to have a dance off.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The military changes men.

Just look at what it did to Gabe!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol morris dancing

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Mad Hamish posted:

Ok, I'm not really familiar with Morris dancing but why wouldn't women be allowed to do it?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

why are women ever prevented from doing any specific thing, dude

think

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They're not as good as men at it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

think

It involves reason and accountability?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

LordSaturn posted:

think

Heritage not hate.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Golem II posted:

This is the tumblr http://oneterabyteofkilobyteage.tumblr.com/ where the screenshots are posted.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Is this a style of dance that would get you kicked out of a club for being a dweeb?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sweet earring, dude.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Scathach posted:

Sweet earring, dude.

its the nametag from the Pomeranian he skinned to make his wig.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Youtube comments are such low hanging fruit. This was in response to a guy posting old Loony Toons intros.

I think I love that they capitalized (almost) every word once the weird rant started.

Woodburger has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Feb 18, 2016

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Why would you take a sex toy to walmart loving hell.
"Get in the van Timmy and grab Vanessa we're heading up to the Wal-Mart to buy me some more diabetic socks"

also why the gently caress does the fuckdoll look like a 12 year old... gently caress gently caress gently caress everything about this.

I loving hope he took it there naked to buy it those clothes gently caress that dude

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Feb 18, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Humboldt Squid posted:

its the nametag from the Pomeranian he skinned to make his wig.

Hah!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Please don't post pictures of my shorn testicles, dude.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sister/BIL are into it, or were until she fell and broke her arm. He sprained an ankle once. It's not passive. They like it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if this thread goes on another page talking about the Moops I'm gonna post the triangle mouth dollfucker.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Scathach posted:

Sweet earring, dude.

First time I've recognized someone in the AUG thread that wasn't from previous AUG threads. That's Mike Warnke, a pretty decent comedian but his life is definitely AUG too. He was a Christian evangelical comedian and former Satanic high priest, except it turned out he made up the his Satanism, most of his past, and exaggerated his role in Vietnam and how he got his Purple Heart. Still like the VHS we had of him but boy was that disillusioning to find out.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

General Robert. E. Neigh :heritage:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWyBlPWcB2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO