Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

It's never out of his hand.

It is his hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Kesper North posted:

Knights in white satin...

I appreciated this.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

Arrow producer Marc Guggenheim recently took to his tumblr to answer fan questions. When asked about a possible return for Slade Wilson, he said that the character of Deathstroke was now off limits, due to involvement with another live-action DC project. Whether that’s a film or a TV show, Guggenheim didn’t mention.

Still more of this poo poo going on, no surprise.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Still more of this poo poo going on, no surprise.

Huh. I wonder if this means that WB is moving ahead with the Teen Titans project.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Huh. I wonder if this means that WB is moving ahead with the Teen Titans project.

If the Cyborg film morphing into a Titans film rumor is true it would explain it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

A Nemesis TV show? I'm down.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ugh, who would green light a Moon Knight show

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

White Lantern Batman?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone needs to gif that Dig flying kick stat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They're going to have fun with all the people who think Lance is the body that gets dropped.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh man. They're really pushing the whole thing about Oliver not lying. But we know a huge lie is sitting around just waiting to be discovered.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thea is saying exactly what the thread had a big argument over after the crossover.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zebulon posted:

Oh man. They're really pushing the whole thing about Oliver not lying. But we know a huge lie is sitting around just waiting to be discovered.

It's not a lie, it's fulfilling a promise to the mother of his child!

^ the actual dialogue from this episode.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Thea is saying exactly what the thread had a big argument over after the crossover.

Thats what will make it all the more terrible when Felicity does find out and Olliver or Thea fail to explain it to her in those rational and convincing words.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

computer parts posted:

It's not a lie, it's fulfilling a promise to the mother of his child!

^ the actual dialogue from this episode.

It's really awkward when the supporting characters on this show actively reinforce Oliver's bad behavior and help railroad us back to relationship drama. Oliver and Felicity are so much more tolerable as a couple when there isn't stupid, petulant drama being manufactured to keep them moping at each other.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat Curtis, way to make every other guest look like a piece of crap.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boo Oliver, boo!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh, hey. There's our Vixen guest star spot I guess.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Oh, hey. There's our Vixen guest star spot I guess.

Did I miss a super small one somewhere or did you guys get a preview? We just got a promo for tomorrows Legends of Prison Breaking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

Did I miss a super small one somewhere or did you guys get a preview? We just got a promo for tomorrows Legends of Prison Breaking.

Are you in Canada? CTV never shows the preview for the next Arrow, it's always Legends or something else.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Neon Knight posted:

Here's the one that got tossed up on TVPromosDB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sbSuK41iWI

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Damien Dharke please spend the rest of the season force choking people on other continents. This is a good and useful power to have.

Thank you.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Damien Dharke please spend the rest of the season force choking people on other continents. This is a good and useful power to have.

Thank you.

That grin on his face always makes me think his internal dialog is something like, "Please, please, please say something to piss me off so I can choke you. Please? Wait... Is he? He is! YEEESSSSSS"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait is Amanda Waller not in the show anymore?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

She got shot in the head a few episodes back. Diggle's wife is the new head.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm glad they're bringing the William thing into the open, but I really dread the fallout from this. This show really doesn't need to get back into bullshit relationship drama.

Hollismason posted:

She is very dead.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

computer parts posted:

She got shot in the head a few episodes back. Diggle's wife is the new head.

Hrmmm I must have missed that..

Welp, and so it begins.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh no, they've stopped using a character that was barely on the show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh come on, it's obvious they're taking as many Batman references out of the show as possible. Anything related to the movies. We're just going to get 3rd string from now on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Oh come on, it's obvious they're taking as many Batman references out of the show as possible. Anything related to the movies. We're just going to get 3rd string from now on.

Amanda Waller isn't a Batman reference.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Aphrodite posted:

Amanda Waller isn't a Batman reference.

She's in the Suicide Squad Movie, it's obvious they're removing any character that they are using in the films as well as any related properties. League and Ras is gone, Waller because of Suicide Squad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
When that chick started shooting the nail gun, I was really hoping she'd turn out to be DC's best villian, The Carpenter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In my head canon the rest of the season happens because Oliver snubbed Dharke for their meeting. He was obviously pissed enough to tell his wife.

"William I'm sorry your mom is probably dead because your dad, her baby daddy, couldn't make a scheduled meeting."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hollismason posted:

She's in the Suicide Squad Movie, it's obvious they're removing any character that they are using in the films as well as any related properties. League and Ras is gone, Waller because of Suicide Squad.

Ra's isn't gone, he was in this very episode!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thea is so cool :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
remember when the Island flashbacks mattered?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

When that chick started shooting the nail gun, I was really hoping she'd turn out to be DC's best villian, The Carpenter

Same. She was part of some of the more interesting additions to Batman before Nu52 alongside Dick-Bats

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Malcolm isn't Ra's. The Pinky ring is Ra's and it went to Nyssa then a bucket of fire. Malcolm has moved on and seems to have been welcomed into HIVE hierarchy unless he sat in on their meeting on a guest pass.

I think the embargo on theatrical buckets like the Batman/Suicide Squad casts will be a blessing in disguise. By necessity it has caused shake ups to plot lines that were stagnating. It could be good fodder for the showrunners to justify to DC plumbing the depths of stuff like Doom Patrol.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

He's just hArmless old Malcy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

boom boom boom posted:

Using a nail gun as a projectile weapon is one of my biggest movie pet peeves.

Also, people on this show tell stupid lies. Goddammit, Quentin, you are the CHIEF OF POLICE! You couldn't just say the Ghosts are stepping up their antagonism of the police, and you were targeted. That would be completely believable. But no, you "owe people money." Way to go!

• Locked thread