Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Stormgale posted:

I kfm him with that searing blow build, the key things to remember is to use his counter to stun via RMB and you can then do a shin kick to get another searing stack, while also just when you reach searing 4 keep him cclocked and wail.

Your dash back into LMB knockdown is also really good, as is using dodges offensively especially during his spam slash phases ( the long thin rectangle of yellow)

Hy_C posted:

Here's the build that I use for him: https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4501002000311121111031030330094420511005111113410632108440554260931053430601120031

At the start I just keep him perma CC'ed while I do searing palm variation of 3rf. Just keep him CC'ed and keep 3rx or 3rf comboing when you can. I also liberally Q,E to get more triple kicks or block to get in another daze in to keep on comboing. Don't forget to use Tab. The fight's not to hard just remember to keep on fitting in 3r and use hellfire kicks to trigger searing palm. Also avoid doing air combos unless you really need the breathing room if you messed up dodging.

Thanks for the advice guys, I tightened up my CC rotation and was able to beat him with 10 seconds left. Hopefully I can do it faster next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

Thanks for the advice guys, I tightened up my CC rotation and was able to beat him with 10 seconds left. Hopefully I can do it faster next time!

You'll always be close due to losing a tonne of time when he starts weaving FPS into his rotation (it's like 20 seconds where you can't hit him at all).

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I know the answer is "get good" but god drat am I having some huge amounts of trouble with floor 4 of Mushin's Tower as BM. I get that it's a pattern and I'm getting a good idea of it, but no matter how fast I move, if I'm moving when he jumps, whatever, he nearly always hits me in the back with that "jump and turn" move. Even if I'm out of the telegraph.

Ugh. Do I always have to just iframe it? Does anyone have any BM tips for this one? I amazed myself by being able to get that far tonight but I think I need some advice on it first.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I found the 4th floor jiangshi pretty challenging as well, because its stupid wacky inflatable arm waving tube man attack animations are tough to track the timing of. Something that made a big difference that took me a while to notice, after he does that dumb voldo-style "dive and flop" attack, the attack zone circle actually remains but is so faint you might not see it, and he proceeds to continue attacking (with really obscure animations that aren't very obvious) 360 degrees until it's gone. So be aware of that and stay out of it until it's done. Also, choosing the FM gives you some nice breathing room when you need it because she roots often.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 16, 2016

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

LegionAreI posted:

I know the answer is "get good" but god drat am I having some huge amounts of trouble with floor 4 of Mushin's Tower as BM. I get that it's a pattern and I'm getting a good idea of it, but no matter how fast I move, if I'm moving when he jumps, whatever, he nearly always hits me in the back with that "jump and turn" move. Even if I'm out of the telegraph.

Ugh. Do I always have to just iframe it? Does anyone have any BM tips for this one? I amazed myself by being able to get that far tonight but I think I need some advice on it first.

Once he starts the roll his position and facing are set, so either turn around while he's rolling through you and block or just backstep and hit him in the back while he flails ineffectually.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm glad Mushin Tower has proven to be an actual challenge and not just fodder for dailies (I guess... until it is). But man, I'm not used to MMOs requiring me to actually be good at anything.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

I'm not used to MMOs requiring me to actually be good at anything.

future of mmos looking good tbh

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
When I first heard of the 3RF combo on KFM I thought the combo was Shin Kick into right click because R = Right. I couldn't understand how you would do that without launching stuff into the air so I actually looked up a combo video by Jaesung and found out 3RF = 3 left click F :doh:. Now that I do know how to combo and animation cancel this changes everything. I'm having way more fun in PvE and in PvP as well. Now all I need is to get to level 45 to get searing palm for even more comboness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rc3piyE30 KFM educational video I watched to learn the actual combo if anyone is confused about 3RF too.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

LegionAreI posted:

Use your backdash as soon as you see him tumble behind you, it'll put you right behind him. Also be sure to save your CC for when he tries to summon minions, which he telegraphs by raising his arms.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I found the 4th floor jiangshi pretty challenging as well, because its stupid wacky inflatable arm waving tube man attack animations are tough to track the timing of. Something that made a big difference that took me a while to notice, after he does that dumb voldo-style "dive and flop" attack, the attack zone circle actually remains but is so faint you might not see it, and he proceeds to continue attacking (with really obscure animations that aren't very obvious) 360 degrees until it's gone. So be aware of that and stay out of it until it's done. Also, choosing the FM gives you some nice breathing room when you need it because she roots often.

Another point to remember, if the adds are giving you issues, is that as he waves his arms like he just dont care to summon the fireballs that turn into the adds, he's CC'able. so if you have a joint stun tech on your class (like LBD 2) you can prevent him from ever summoning adds.

LBD is sorta cheating on stalker though since i can just spec a million heals and resists and kit the goofy motherfucker forever.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Velveteen posted:

When I first heard of the 3RF combo on KFM I thought the combo was Shin Kick into right click because R = Right. I couldn't understand how you would do that without launching stuff into the air so I actually looked up a combo video by Jaesung and found out 3RF = 3 left click F :doh:. Now that I do know how to combo and animation cancel this changes everything. I'm having way more fun in PvE and in PvP as well. Now all I need is to get to level 45 to get searing palm for even more comboness!

bideo KFM educational video I watched to learn the actual combo if anyone is confused about 3RF too.

To clarify because this doesn't make sense without context, "R" will trigger the same attack as left click, and people use it because for whatever reason if you mash left click 1000 times in a second it will only "click" about 5 times, and if you mash R it'll "click" as often as you press it, so your character will respond a lot faster, so you should be pressing R instead of left click and T instead of right click.

It's unreasonable and stupid, hail satan.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

To clarify because this doesn't make sense without context, "R" will trigger the same attack as left click, and people use it because for whatever reason if you mash left click 1000 times in a second it will only "click" about 5 times, and if you mash R it'll "click" as often as you press it, so your character will respond a lot faster, so you should be pressing R instead of left click and T instead of right click.

It's unreasonable and stupid, hail satan.

Wait... what... why!? This is terrible now I have to relearn everything! Ugh!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Velveteen posted:

Wait... what... why!? This is terrible now I have to relearn everything! Ugh!

Try it out, mash left click and see how often the left click attack gets depressed, then do the same thing with R.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

You're not supposed to be mashing out 3RF, though! Every press is deliberate and methodical.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

yergacheffe posted:

You're not supposed to be mashing out 3RF, though! Every press is deliberate and methodical.

Right, but if you press lmb and it takes 200ms before it actually presses instead of responding instantly then you will be sad.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Yeah, I definitely got in the habit of using the keyboard only for 3RF, which is funny because M1 still takes an excessive beating from the core KFM PVE rotation. Like, Diablo-levels of abuse

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Am I stupid or something or why can't I find this outfit in the game wardrobe

http://bns-fashion.com/risktaker/

It's the only one I care about and it's not there. Is this like a level 50 thing or is it hidden for some reason?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

Am I stupid or something or why can't I find this outfit in the game wardrobe

http://bns-fashion.com/risktaker/

It's the only one I care about and it's not there. Is this like a level 50 thing or is it hidden for some reason?

its for diamond rank 1v1s (as in you cant buy it unless you're diamond rank 1v1)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Also a number of outfits don't show up in the wardrobe anyways.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Yeah I just wanted to see how it would look on my guy but I guess I can't unless someone links it in chat or something

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I hate the auth so I threw together a python script to do it for me.
Python code:
import pyautogui
pyautogui.PAUSE=1
pyautogui.FAILSAFE=True
def authButton(digit):
    imgDigit='BnSauth'+str(digit)+'.png' #BnSauth0.png - BnSauth9.png
    buttonCoords=pyautogui.locate(imgDigit,'ss.png',grayscale=True)
    if buttonCoords != None:
        clickCoords=pyautogui.center(buttonCoords)
        pyautogui.click(clickCoords,duration=0.25)
def authDigit(authCode):
    digits=list(authCode)
    authButton(digits[0])
    for i in range(len(digits)):
        authButton(digits[i])
try:
    print('Input Authentication Code')
    pyautogui.screenshot(imageFilename='ss.png')
    authCode = input()
    authDigit(authCode)
except KeyboardInterrupt:
    print('\nDone')
Image matching isn't much faster (and it's finicky - it looks like they may modify colors a bit), but it's the clunky forced mouse clicking poo poo that pisses me off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Minorkos posted:

Yeah I just wanted to see how it would look on my guy but I guess I can't unless someone links it in chat or something

You can look at it at the Zen Bean vendor near tournament boards.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
So what is this about a perma poison build for Assassin PvE? Can we do that now that Venom Slash is actually obtainable, or do we need more stuff at level 50?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

So what is this about a perma poison build for Assassin PvE? Can we do that now that Venom Slash is actually obtainable, or do we need more stuff at level 50?

You need the LB hongmoon skill as well to make it really work, so you'll have to wait for 50.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
50 can't come soon enough then. I'm in love with assassin and being invisible all the time is a ton of fun, but does feel rather cheesy.

Speaking of, should I bother speccing into Close Shave? The only other thing I have for healing is poison breath, and while it restores a mountain of health the cooldown is rather long.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It's harder to use in PvE, but it's still helpful, and it's important in PvP for extending the combo. Also playing an assassin should feel cheesy! At least in PvE.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Currency Exchange is live! You can convert your NCoin into gold, or convert your gold into Hongmoon Coins.

That means no more hunting those pesky venture tokens for Hongmoon Coins (though you can still do that if you want)! Good timing on this imo, shows that they were willing to make good on their claim that they were only delaying the exchange for a little while to let the economy settle after release.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
For what it's worth, the left-click bug seems to be a general Unreal 3 quirk.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Currency exchange is trending at 1 gold to 60 NCCoin, which is a good 20 better then even the most bullish market (which was 1:80)

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

HapiMerchant posted:

Currency exchange is trending at 1 gold to 60 NCCoin, which is a good 20 better then even the most bullish market (which was 1:80)

Have marketplace prices shot up yet? Was hoping to get some transformation stones without suffering for them since I had some coins left over, but I know how this type of stuff goes ....

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

LegionAreI posted:

Have marketplace prices shot up yet? Was hoping to get some transformation stones without suffering for them since I had some coins left over, but I know how this type of stuff goes ....

MWTS are almost 6 gold, soulstones appear to be 37ish

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

DemonMage posted:

It's harder to use in PvE, but it's still helpful, and it's important in PvP for extending the combo. Also playing an assassin should feel cheesy! At least in PvE.

Oh, dont get me wrong, I adore being invisible most of the time. I feel like a total badass when I manage to chain stealths together several times in a row.

Now i just have to work on keeping my poison stacks running...

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Looks like the warlock might be coming soon. I wonder if that will includes level 50 as well.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/700102240111972352

Edit. Oh no what is this why is does it look like this

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I only started playing recently and I just did my first dungeon and I have to ask, is the loot bidding process as terrible as it appears to be?

Popping up a window that fucks with your character movement so you can click "bid" hundreds of times to perhaps get a random piece of loot? And the entire system is built around "guy with the most money gets the most loot"?

Am I missing something?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Theres an option to pass on all loot somewhere in the windows, but yup guy with money gets most loot. Money that guy bid gets divided amongst party.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Money is kinda the driving force in this game, it gets you drops, lets you buy mats and you (hopefully) get it as recompense for doing things

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Drakes posted:

Theres an option to pass on all loot somewhere in the windows, but yup guy with money gets most loot. Money that guy bid gets divided amongst party.

Ah, that's interesting. So it's in the player's interest to push the bid as high as they can. I wish it didn't gently caress with the player controls and stop people from going through portals inside the instance. It feels really disruptive to have 4 people standing around all the time clicking bid while the others are wanting to continue the dungeon.

Maybe it makes more sense when you have a general idea about the sell price of items but as a newbie I just click "Y" until I get bored and end up with zero loot.

Talking of loot, I got two purple weapon boxes from the level 20 dungeon - opened the first one with a class specific key thing to get the weapon I needed to break through... is the remaining box good for anything?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chalks posted:

Talking of loot, I got two purple weapon boxes from the level 20 dungeon - opened the first one with a class specific key thing to get the weapon I needed to break through... is the remaining box good for anything?

No. Just another weapon to feed to your current one.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Chalks posted:

Ah, that's interesting. So it's in the player's interest to push the bid as high as they can. I wish it didn't gently caress with the player controls and stop people from going through portals inside the instance. It feels really disruptive to have 4 people standing around all the time clicking bid while the others are wanting to continue the dungeon.

Maybe it makes more sense when you have a general idea about the sell price of items but as a newbie I just click "Y" until I get bored and end up with zero loot.

You can actually type in the boxes to raise the bid higher than the minimum. People start doing this more later on because no one wants to sit around mashing Y for a couple copper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Mashing Y is also bad because some people tend to spike up the bid a massive amount in the hopes that someone mashing Y will automatically take the bait.

• Locked thread