Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

I also rolled Koume's Halloween SR when it was released, so I had her leading my Cool unit for some time. She's a precious gal. :3:

MAI WAIFU

I should probably watch Locodol at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I only started playing Starlight Stage a few days ago, so my only SR's are Rina Fujimoto, and Tomoe Murakami, both from the last event. I've already idolized and max leveled them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That image of Sapphire Kawashima that Colonel keeps posting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Thank you Can't Elope.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I finally played enough to idolize (or whatever the deresute term is) my one SSR, Airi.

->

Much better, a bit less Halloween-y, especially when reduced to card size. The charm of that wore off rather quickly. I expect she'll still say something about "trick-or-treat" before songs, though.

airi has 2 say it's her otherwise she'd forget tbh

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

also watching people hit the 10 button repeatedly without getting SSRs is a good demotivator. I may not be getting any SSRs, but at least I'm not spending money to not get them.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I finally played enough to idolize (or whatever the deresute term is) my one SSR, Airi.

It's called 'evolve' internally, but levelling is 'reinforcing' and groove events are 'medley', so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nico will always be my #1 Love Live, but Nanako is my absolute #1 waifu+idol, for it was she who helped me get back into anime. Locodol, I felt, had a lot of heart, and it'll always be special to me since it was one of the series during Summer Season 2014 which eased me back into weebdom.

:anime:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

airi has 2 say it's her otherwise she'd forget tbh

man, airi song in SS now for months but STILL NO MARCHEN DEBUT THO

what are you doing bamco??

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh cool iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars got announced for Korea last week on the 13th.

Hilariously this came a day after the release of the Taisho Romance set of cards on Million Live which featured Makoto wearing a military outfit.

This being the era when Korea was under Japanese rule, including the March 1st movement and the Kanto Earthquake Massacre.

So yeah. Mixture of joy and outrage.

Also Korean console games tend to be pretty expensive so I am not looking forward to whatever the price may be.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh cool iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars got announced for Korea last week on the 13th.

Hilariously this came a day after the release of the Taisho Romance set of cards on Million Live which featured Makoto wearing a military outfit.

This being the era when Korea was under Japanese rule, including the March 1st movement and the Kanto Earthquake Massacre.

So yeah. Mixture of joy and outrage.

Also Korean console games tend to be pretty expensive so I am not looking forward to whatever the price may be.

i cant believe zep is becoming more of a im@s fiend than me

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wvs1zPNiAU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

i cant believe zep is becoming more of a im@s fiend than me

I just read NamuWiki a lot and tend to click on recently edited articles that grab my interest; [Thing I Enjoy] + [논란 / 사건사고 / 흑역사] are nearly always clicks for me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMkDpiOh9Y

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I may have to buy this.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Futaba Anzu posted:

man, airi song in SS now for months but STILL NO MARCHEN DEBUT THO

what are you doing bamco??

Songs that should be in Starlight Stage imho:

- Marchen Debut
- Hotel Moonside
- Himitsu no Toilette
- Koi Kaze

- the rest of the S2 insert songs, for the sake of completion

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

also watching people hit the 10 button repeatedly without getting SSRs is a good demotivator. I may not be getting any SSRs, but at least I'm not spending money to not get them.

It's called 'evolve' internally, but levelling is 'reinforcing' and groove events are 'medley', so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

how much does it cost to do a 10 roll in SS? like how much real money to get 2500 star gem things

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
So when's the last time any of you heard someone say “Casket” and mean ”a wooden box for storing valuable items,” rather than ”a wooden box for storing dead people?” Man, I was confused for a moment there.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I should probably watch Locodol at some point.

Yeah! It's mostly very relaxing, because Nakagawa is a relaxing place for relaxation.

Polsy posted:

SR Anya is the first SR I got, I'm not sure I want to put in the effort to get another.

Also half my level-ups lately don't even get me any more stamina or friend slots so I'm not really motivated to go for exp, other than extremely spaced-apart full heals.

I mostly get that on slides, but yeah, that's because I'm not pressing hard enough because I like keeping my phone where it is.

You can never have enough Anyas, imo.

However, one star is definitely enough star.

Slides make me sad. They make me even sadder since I increased the spacing between the points, but not un-tapping a hold because my finger slid a bit too close to another one is worth it. You just gotta slide even more than you should sensibly do to make them work.

Now if you'll excuse me, it is clearly "grind onegai cinderella for easy points" o'clock…
…actually, doing that might be kinda tolerable if you set up teams with the solos. For variety!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Skwee posted:

how much does it cost to do a 10 roll in SS? like how much real money to get 2500 star gem things

According to reddit....

quote:

2500 Gem is about 24$ while the 8400 Gem is about 70$

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

According to reddit....

wowee

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's called pulling because you're pulling money out of your wallet, not because you're pulling idols out of the machine.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I felt like the reaction was less "wowee that's a lot of money" and more "wowee why'd you stick your hand in the poop pile for information"

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Have they done that before or is this the first time? I've never heard of it before but it's not like I pay attention to Korean news.

Locodol has good commercial break cards

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

I felt like the reaction was less "wowee that's a lot of money" and more "wowee why'd you stick your hand in the poop pile for information"

Searching "Starlight Stage Gem Cost" takes like 10 seconds.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook posted:

the starlight stage reddit is actually prob the best place to get information about the game until you've irreversibly fallen into the CG like me and Polsy have

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

reddit's a lot like anything with the word 'wiki' in its name, in that the information you want is probably in there, but good lord is it unpleasant to try and find.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah it's pretty effective, been subscribed since around whenever it went up. Information is good.
Though I do wish that one Google Sheets link I had had stayed updated (granted, I'm behind on the equivalent resource I'm maintaining for gf note so I have not a lot of room to complain).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Have they done that before or is this the first time? I've never heard of it before but it's not like I pay attention to Korean news.

Locodol has good commercial break cards

I think they got brought over, but this is apparently the first console release to be translated into Korean?

Like, if you look at the Must Songs for VITA, the Korean says (Japanese Edition) at the back. Also they changed the background of the thumbnail cause it could have caused a Rising Sun controversy.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no one loving cares about SA's gay hatred over reddit, "hard to search through" my rear end both wiki and reddit have search wtf are you talking about

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wow these sites with dedicated google searches sure are harder to search through than this site that until a few months ago had one of the worst forum searches in modern times

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Korea has Cinderella Girls translated into Korean.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Also Korea has Cinderella Girls translated into Korean.

I don't need to be Korea anymore because I'm going to fully learn Japanese

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

I don't need to be Korea anymore because I'm going to fully learn Japanese

I tried CG, but I hate mobages.

Also I only just realized they're supposed to be short for mobairu geimu and not rhyme with garbage.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Futaba Anzu posted:

wow these sites with dedicated google searches sure are harder to search through than this site that until a few months ago had one of the worst forum searches in modern times

Oh man, forum search got improved? Good to hear.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

tbqh anzu would probably be a chan poster

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna make up for my past failures and ensure that Chihaya becomes the best idol.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Also even if the original mobage has a lot of really cute cards, I don't think I could get into it because the gameplay doesn't seem like my kind of thing. Rhythm is what does it for me.

I probably wouldn't be able to play GF Kari, along that same kind of thinking.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Also even if the original mobage has a lot of really cute cards, I don't think I could get into it because the gameplay doesn't seem like my kind of thing. Rhythm is what does it for me.

I probably wouldn't be able to play GF Kari, along that same kind of thinking.

All mobages are poo poo.

poo poo.

Evolving or obtaining (can't remember which) cards is bullshit because you need PvP to get some of the required items, but other people can also PvP you to steal your items and why the gently caress am I being forced to PvP in the first place? I don't like PvP, I don't want to PvP.

I don't want to just incessantly tap on the screen for like twenty hours to see a bar slowly rise.

gently caress mobages.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, see, PvP is not my thing. Don't want to worry about being attacked. Just wanna listen to music and tap my screen and despair over not getting SSRs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are SSRs the highest rarity in CG SS, like URs in SIF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The fake ending in the event song is super rude. Big fuckoff slide, a decent pause and then "wait no here's more orgel!"

^^ Yes, unless you want to count SSR+.