Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
fioras a pos tho like you get punished for building any combo of armour damage and health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

olaf is a really good top laner if you like to go in, but not go out

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

I was made to understand that this is a good thread to discuss an important subject: why Galio is the loving raddest League of Legends champ.

I'll begin the discussion.

He is a gargoyle.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Mystery Prize posted:

Jax especially; his E is completely useless against her in lane phase, because it's a free riposte every time and there is nothing I can do about it.

Wait, you can activate Jax's E early, and have a 1 second window to do so in, while Riposte only last .75 seconds, so at best she should only be countering half of them if you're mixing up when you activate the stun.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pkollar posted:

I was made to understand that this is a good thread to discuss an important subject: why Galio is the loving raddest League of Legends champ.

He is a gargoyle.

I like the part where he, uh *frantically looks him up on league wiki* his ult is a channeled... taunt?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

pkollar posted:

He is a gargoyle.

Last time I heard of galio was like in season 3 when he was continually ignored. He seems to have continued being ignored to this day, has he been buffed or changed at all?

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I like the part where he, uh *frantically looks him up on league wiki* his ult is a channeled... taunt?

This is what I imagine my opponents doing when I pick Galio.

Sharzak posted:

Last time I heard of galio was like in season 3 when he was continually ignored. He seems to have continued being ignored to this day, has he been buffed or changed at all?

no but I just started playing a few months ago and Galio was one of the first heroes I bought bc he's a gargoyle and I really want him to be good :( :( : (

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
ONe time I had a Galio on my team whose username was Galio-based. He was really good at Galio and we won easily

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

ONe time I had a Galio on my team whose username was Galio-based. He was really good at Galio and we won easily

one of my friends suggested that i change my name to a Galio-based pun since i love Galio so much

then he told me doesn't want to play with me any more because i pick galio every time and we lose.

does anyone want to play a game of league of galios with me

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

pkollar posted:

He is a gargoyle.

He's the winningest aram champion.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I need to start banning Jhin so people on my team stop picking him mid and getting wrecked.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I love Naut. He's so fun. Even as support I am a giant tanky ball of snares and AoE damage.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Gridlocked posted:

I love Naut. He's so fun. Even as support I am a giant tanky ball of snares and AoE damage.

yup

just build full-on tank, and never die while slowing the entirety of their team down just by your presence

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I really liked Galio support as like my retarded pocket pick for a long time but teams don't tend to have tons of AP now to make him a real shitter and his mana costs have always blown.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Galio was really good in URF. Bring back URF.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Replace Dominion with URF on the Crystal Scar map, permanently.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Olaf is a viking and vikings go where they please top, jungle, support, anything.

Galio owns but always felt like he should be ranged and/or made to work in the jungle.

Yasuo is lame as gently caress.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sperglord Firecock posted:

yup

just build full-on tank, and never die while slowing the entirety of their team down just by your presence

My favorite thing at the moment is Top Naut with Iceborn and Sunfire into an opposing AD melee guy.

I had someone play a Fiora against me the other day for it. He tried a level 1 fight, and I squished him like a bug. He teleported back into the fight and I got to level 2, squished him again.

Ended up losing the game anyway :saddowns: Stupid other lanes.
Also I got too big for my boots at level 7 and after taking a bit of damage from him I tried hooking him back into the tower, only to be just outside tower range and dying to his ult.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah if Galio got a ranged AA and was rebalanced around that he'd be in a much better place. He's obviously designed to be an anti mage but not being able to cs without being vulnerable spits in the face of that.

Also if they made his shield give him a Rammus-esque damage reflect that only worked on minions+monsters so he could jungle that would be neato too.

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Super-agreed re: Galio needing to go ranged. I'm usually stuck using his Q and E to CS against a ranged lane opponent, which is lovely for the first 5-10 min when he has so little mana / mana regen.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

pkollar posted:

Super-agreed re: Galio needing to go ranged. I'm usually stuck using his Q and E to CS against a ranged lane opponent, which is lovely for the first 5-10 min when he has so little mana / mana regen.

Run teleport, buy chalice the second you get the money for it. Problem solved.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Remember when Chalice didn't upgrade into anything and it was still borderline mandatory on Galio?

Good times.

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Run teleport, buy chalice the second you get the money for it. Problem solved.

Buying chalice the second I get money is pretty much what I've been doing, but haven't considered tele. HMMMMMM

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I really liked Galio support as like my retarded pocket pick for a long time but teams don't tend to have tons of AP now to make him a real shitter and his mana costs have always blown.

You have a new retarded pocket pick now with Elise.

Also I am glad to see all of this Olaf talk, as he is a viable mid lane counter pick.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I didn't end up trying Elise tonight because I'm out at a bar posting on SA. Which leads me to think I should probably Support Gragas.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Libertine posted:

I didn't end up trying Elise tonight because I'm out at a bar posting on SA. Which leads me to think I should probably Support Gragas.

Take a selfie to prove you left your room.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Runic Echoes nerf coming with it according to reddit.

But Jungle Gragas was just starting to get good again. :negative:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The new shen is really fun toplane, there's surprisingly a lot of outplay potential in his kit. I was outbullying a Renekton to the point he got randuins first against me despite me getting camped and him being like 1/0/2 or something.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Lerius posted:

I do well with Garen vs her.

I've played this matchup a ton as Garen and I don't think it's a good one for him.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6sjZMaCA_w
Kog'maw is pretty good when you don't explode, go figure. He gave me my first pentakill. :woop:

Also he can instantly charge up zeke's herald, I don't really think he benefits from it much, though, so I told the Leona to tag Lux with it, but it worked out regardless I guess.

In other news, is QSS/Merc Scim the best item in the game right now, or is it just me? It feels like I build it every game now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I was playing Kog and ran into a weird bug. I got hit by the Cho knockup and afterwards I just couldn't move or attack until I died.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mottie posted:

Kog'maw is pretty good when you don't explode, go figure. He gave me my first pentakill. :woop:

Also he can instantly charge up zeke's herald, I don't really think he benefits from it much, though, so I told the Leona to tag Lux with it, but it worked out regardless I guess.

In other news, is QSS/Merc Scim the best item in the game right now, or is it just me? It feels like I build it every game now.

Zeke's benefits Kog an absurd amount, wtf

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Zeke's benefits Kog an absurd amount, wtf

Maybe you can explain it to me then?
I'm bad but it feels like getting an extra 20-30 AP plus extra crit with a large malus to your critical hit damage doesn't feel super powerful, but it does have basically an 100% uptime when you're fighting with it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

blah_blah posted:

I've played this matchup a ton as Garen and I don't think it's a good one for him.

Fiora / Garen is reasonably even. Garen needs to max E over Q though, in case he was considering otherwise. I've played Fiora into Q max Garen and it's a joke, because you Riposte all his damage and then poo poo on him. Fiora outscales Garen but Garen can definitely snowball that lane in his favour, either alone or with the help of the jungler.

Here's my big list of Fiora matchups:

Unplayable for Fiora:
Graves

Real bad for Fiora:
Quinn, Tryndamere

Not great but playable:
Poppy, Lissandra, Lulu, Malphite, Pantheon, Trundle

Even and fun:
Renekton, Darius, Irelia, Riven,

Even and uninteresting:
Shen, Garen, Nasus, Olaf

Fiora with slight edge:
Jax, Xin Zhao (I think), Nautilus, Mundo, Kayle, Wukong, Cho'gath, Gangplank, Ryze

Fiora shits on:
Tahm Kench (post nerf+bugfix), Gnar, Yasuo, Volibear, Swain, Vlad

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Mash posted:

Fiora / Garen is reasonably even. Garen needs to max E over Q though, in case he was considering otherwise. I've played Fiora into Q max Garen and it's a joke, because you Riposte all his damage and then poo poo on him. Fiora outscales Garen but Garen can definitely snowball that lane in his favour, either alone or with the help of the jungler.

Here's my big list of Fiora matchups:

Unplayable for Fiora:
Graves

Real bad for Fiora:
Quinn, Tryndamere

Not great but playable:
Poppy, Lissandra, Lulu, Malphite, Pantheon, Trundle

Even and fun:
Renekton, Darius, Irelia, Riven,

Even and uninteresting:
Shen, Garen, Nasus, Olaf

Fiora with slight edge:
Jax, Xin Zhao (I think), Nautilus, Mundo, Kayle, Wukong, Cho'gath, Gangplank, Ryze

Fiora shits on:
Tahm Kench (post nerf+bugfix), Gnar, Yasuo, Volibear, Swain, Vlad

what about teemo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mottie posted:

kog is pretty good when he has more kills than the entire enemy team combined, who woulda thought

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mottie posted:

Maybe you can explain it to me then?
I'm bad but it feels like getting an extra 20-30 AP plus extra crit with a large malus to your critical hit damage doesn't feel super powerful, but it does have basically an 100% uptime when you're fighting with it.

Kog is one of the few ADCs that not just benefits from having AP, but actually has some in his build due to Rageblade. This means that Zeke's on him uses both halves of it, rather than just the crit like most ADCs. Also the 100% uptime as you noted

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sperglord Firecock posted:

what about teemo

I don't know. Buy a hexdrinker and poo poo on him I guess. If you Riposte Blind he's probably dead.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
idk if it got linked but Sneaky on problems with Jungler role and league as a whole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlXy6FzeS0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like how he considers buying a defensive item is loving someone over. Can't believe he's still on about that. Also lmao that he's mad he has to hand over blue buffs. gently caress off Meteos.

• Locked thread