Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Stoat posted:

I toxx that there will not be a full wall the complete length of the US/Mexico border by the end of Trump's first term.

Duh, Trump already said that with natural barriers there will be a little less than a thousand miles of wall built

He's not going to build the walls where we don't need them and waste Mexico's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

i would be okay if donald trump was wiped from the history books or was at least made a footnote of american celebrity
On the other hand if he manages to get nominated in the primary but loses the general, his name will always be remembered first and foremost as a Presidential Loser.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Trump can not fail, Trump can only be failed.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Oiled and Ready posted:

Donald Trump has already done more for America than Obama has in his entire second term. I would say Bernie has too. So gently caress you.

:patriot:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

Donald Trump has already done more for America than Obama has in his entire second term. I would say Bernie has too. So gently caress you.

What the gently caress, lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

the_paradigm_shift posted:

this ^^ is what it sounds like when you shift paradigms without a clutch.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Baloogan posted:

this ^^ is what it sounds like when you shift paradigms without a clutch.

It breaks things for sure

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

TPP and Iran deal and failing to enforce a "red line" already put Obama in a hole. I like Obamacare and his economic recovery stuff but that's first term and honestly he only did "OK".

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

It breaks things for sure

sorry u got left behind bro.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

TPP and Iran deal and failing to enforce a "red line" already put Obama in a hole. I like Obamacare and his economic recovery stuff but that's first term and honestly he only did "OK".

Really now this is ignoring his attempts at immigrant amnesty(which y'all don't want anyways), that congress never got around to authorizing the aumf he wanted, and a whole host of other poo poo along with putting the Iran deal in the bad pile. Also, Cuba?

Still lolling pretty hard though

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
go back to your loving d7d circle jerk

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Baloogan posted:

go back to your loving d7d circle jerk

Riiight sorry for stepping the the middle of your trump one and blueballing you

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Really now this is ignoring his attempts at immigrant amnesty(which y'all don't want anyways), that congress never got around to authorizing the aumf he wanted, and a whole host of other poo poo along with putting the Iran deal in a bad pile. Also, Cuba?

Still lolling pretty hard though

Iran deal without pivoting to oppose Saudi is worthless. Amnesty is terrible unless it is narrowly tailored to protect children and high-value workers. Cuba is cool I guess.

His AUMF is retarded. Either send in ground troops or don't, it's clear he didn't want it to pass. Obama is king of passing the buck.

Also when you visit a mosque maybe not the one on a watchlist, and he won't even say the words "radical islamic terrorism", to quote the emperor.

If he dealt with the issue better instead of dividing the country, half of PEOPLE (Not GOP) wouldn't support a Muslim ban.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 18, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Sign me up as a supporter of Iran who thinks we should give them control of Mecca and Medina after we bomb the poo poo out of Saudi Arabia and depose their disgusting warlord family.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

Iran deal without pivoting to oppose Saudi is worthless. Amnesty is terrible unless it is narrowly tailored to protect children and high-value workers. Cuba is cool I guess.

His AUMF is retarded. Either send in ground troops or don't, it's clear he didn't want it to pass. Obama is king of passing the buck.

Retarded? He wants to cover his own rear end because half his party and the whole of the other will call war crimes on any little thing that goes wrong and he doesn't want to be standing there holding a 10 year old authorization when it does.

Opposing saud I agree with but aside from publicly denouncing them(getting us nowhere with the rest of the Arabian peninsula either, what do you want? Sanctions would only hurt their poorest at a time when their country is falling apart anyways.

His amnesty is plenty drat narrow enough

:radical Islam meme: :jerkbag:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Riiight sorry for stepping the the middle of your trump one and blueballing you

apology accepted

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/12/14/two-thirds-republicans-back-trumps-muslim-proposal/

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Retarded? He wants to cover his own rear end because half his party and the whole of the other will call war crimes on any little thing that goes wrong and he doesn't want to be standing there holding a 10 year old authorization when it does.

Opposing saud I agree with but aside from publicly denouncing them(getting us nowhere with the rest of the Arabian peninsula either, what do you want? Sanctions would only hurt their poorest at a time when their country is falling apart anyways.

His amnesty is plenty drat narrow enough

:radical Islam meme: :jerkbag:

Trust me, Obama could barbecue a syrian child with a T51 on the great lawn and no one's calling for War Crimes trial unless they do so hollowly.

Republicans do NOT want to open that box.

I personally want to invade Saudi for 9/11 after we release the 28 pages implicating the royal family, BUT realistically he could at least do what you said.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Let's further destabilize our largest ally in the ME over 9/11? The third country for an action that killed under 3k people 15yrs ago? This thread has gone way down the rabbit hole here

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trust me, Obama could barbecue a syrian child with a T51 on the great lawn and no one's calling for War Crimes trial unless they do so hollowly.

Republicans do NOT want to open that box.

republicans not called trump

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Iran overthrew a king and that's kicking rad in my book.

Let's further destabilize our largest ally in the ME over 9/11? The third country for an action that killed under 3k people 15yrs ago? This thread has gone way down the rabbit hole here

Um bro they practice child marriages, are likely one of the most misogynist places in the world, murder people for witchcraft, and throw you in prison for making facebook posts.

Like if you are a liberal you should have a loving backbone about some things. Then again they aren't white so I guess they don't have to deal that that original sin.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

AllanGordon posted:

Iran overthrew a king and that's kicking rad in my book.

Um bro they practice child marriages, are likely one of the most misogynist places in the world, murder people for witchcraft, and throw you in prison for making facebook posts.

Like if you are a liberal you should have a loving backbone about some things. Then again they aren't white so I guess they don't have to deal that that original sin.

A boots on the ground invasion oughta help set that culture straight I'm sure they aren't still doing that little boy/adult male counterparts pedo thing in afpak anymore either

Oohrah

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

I'd prefer to do it over the fact they're currently funding ISIS and terrorists in the west, spreading the poisonous wahhabi form of Islam, and are a brutal police state who routinely execute political prisoners.

And obviously other people disagree with you on the definition of "narrow" when it comes to amnesty.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

I'd prefer to do it over the fact they're currently funding ISIS and terrorists in the west, spreading the poisonous wahhabi form of Islam, and are a brutal police state who routinely execute political prisoners.

And obviously other people disagree with you on the definition of "narrow" when it comes to amnesty.

Yes, all situations better resolved in international court and through the UN not unilaterally through a goddamn invasion.
And we just have to agree to disagree on amnesty

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

It didn't kill 3000 people. Try 150-400k, as Iraq would never have been authorized otherwise. If you don't remember, we were sick of world policing after Clinton and Bush promised we would chill, which is weird considering the goals of PNAC which he and Jeb were members of. We also wouldn't have the Patriot Act, or rampant FISA bullshit, or ISIS.

The more information Donald brings back to light, the more "it was 15 years ago lol move on" will be the new line. It's a weak defense.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

It didn't kill 3000 people. Try 150-400k, as Iraq would never have been authorized otherwise. If you don't remember, we were sick of world policing after Clinton and Bush promised we would chill, which is weird considering the goals of PNAC which he and Jeb were members of. We also wouldn't have the Patriot Act, or rampant FISA bullshit, or ISIS.

The more information Donald brings back to light, the more "it was 15 years ago lol move on" will be the new line. It's a weak defense.

I don't get you here, 9/11 didn't kill those people and bush and his cabinet were trying to invade iraq from day one.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

I don't get you here, 9/11 didn't kill those people and bush and his cabinet were trying to invade iraq from day one.

why do you think truthers get so hung up on the connection between the saudi dynasty and the bush family

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Do y'all not get that Saudi Arabia is involved in two wars and the price of oil has them bleeding reserves over domestic spending? This is their swan song for a good while once their money runs out.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Yes, all situations better resolved in international court and through the UN not unilaterally through a goddamn invasion.
And we just have to agree to disagree on amnesty

Saudi Arabia should be partitioned between the neighbouring states. They'll perform the ground invasion, the US will provide air and sea support and logistics.

Mecca and Medina, and the other Hajj territories can be a self governing entity run by a Muslim council appointed by countries with Islam as the official religion, according to their muslim population.

Of course this is a ridiculous pipedream, but gently caress Saudi Arabia with a rusty spork.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

AllanGordon posted:

why do you think truthers get so hung up on the connection between the saudi dynasty and the bush family

Somehow people can't make that final mental leap. Two groups who mutually benefited from 9/11...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

Of course this is a ridiculous pipedream, but gently caress Saudi Arabia with a rusty spork.

This I can agree on just not your chosen path of blood to get there.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Exinos posted:

Trump can not fail America, Trump can only be failed by Americans.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Trapezium Dave posted:

On the other hand if he manages to get nominated in the primary but loses the general, his name will always be remembered first and foremost as a Presidential Loser.

that's the ideal scenario if he wins but if he loses the nomination and tries to rune 3rd party that's guaranteed gravy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Look at me I want to go back to a time where half the nation legitimately placed no blame on Bush for 9/11, cheered death in the streets for poors, thought Jeb was the "smart Bush" and was about to perhaps succeed in gaining "the Hispanic vote" while remaining neocon garbage because no one was paying attention to how theatrical and staged it all is.

Oh, and a time where half of even those who DO care about politics would have served as a "lol Bernie you're a conspiracy theorist" foil to his cries of lobbyists puppeteering Washington, but now agree.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if america was based on the ethics of the trailer park boys it would be a much better place

because they would hate both cruz and trump

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Trump dropped the script (happens to be true in this case) of calling Cruz a liar, Rubio has taken that baton and is running with it. If Rubio destroys Cruz, Trump can destroy Rubio at any time, given recent Rubio events and Trump being Trump.The question is: does the Rubio camp know this? With Jeb! soon to drop out (probably a couple of weeks at most, oh how I'll miss you when I'm putting on my Trump brand hazmat suit during the great war of 2017), Cruz is the last "plausible" obstacle...many people say Rubio, but let's make our jokes by being snarky and ironic, the analysis itself isn't supposed to be the joke.

If Rubio's attacks work in SC and nationally due to media coverage...I would say, wrap it up. Trump is working the process. Trump will literally make Rubio cry at a debate, he folded to Christie and Trump was watching.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Afraid of Audio posted:

if america was based on the ethics of the trailer park boys it would be a much better place

because they would hate both cruz and trump

lovely cracked.com gifs and posts about how <Candidate> Is Bad. Just what this thread needed. :thumbsup:

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

The Real Paddy posted:

Trump will literally make Rubio cry at a debate, he folded to Christie and Trump was watching.

He could probably even get away with using a "let's dispel with this fiction" joke. And the meme-singularity, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Washington to be born.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

lovely cracked.com gifs and posts about how <Candidate> Is Bad. Just what this thread needed. :thumbsup:

tell me how the splc is bad please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

tell me how the splc is bad please

sounds like donald could answer that question

• Locked thread