Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i lost it at

OH MY GOD

NOBODY LOOK

NOBODY LOOK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm just sad that Liam wasn't in the episode RANDOMLY SHOUTING THINGS!

I love the face The Lawyer makes when he says "now my second is teetering."

Edit: How could they ever stay straight faced long enough to film this episode?

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 18, 2016

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I'm just sad that Liam wasn't in the episode RANDOMLY SHOUTING THINGS!

I love the face The Lawyer makes when he says "now my second is teetering."

Edit: How could they ever stay straight faced long enough to film this episode?

Supposedly, part of the reason that there are a lot of Dee and Charlie scenes is because Kaitlin Olson is really good at not cracking up watching Charlie Day go crazy. Kaitlin Olson is ready to go Margaret Dumont all over the gang's rear end.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
This episode was really cartoony but I still loved it

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Good god I love those hands. Every time they cut to Jack I'd crack up again.

It also kinda makes me want hand patterned winter gloves.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This episode felt like a true return to form. Holy poo poo it was hilarious.

Uncle Jack's glove flying off and screaming at people not to look was absolutely amazing.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bill and Frank did quite a bit of blow openly in a courthouse. Pretty impressive.

Of course, Cricket smoked crack in a hospital, it's kind of hard to top that.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Holy poo poo that was amazing. All of it was perfect. Bill telling his dealer son to "just steal another set of my golf clubs you piece of poo poo," and the "gently caress you" that followed threw me into a fit.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Was anyone else upset that they didn't bring up the poo poo that went down with Ponderosa and the skating ring or whatever that was?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doltos posted:

This was such a stellar episode. I thought Charlie was going to be a god drat genius there for a second. Also it's good to see that the gang even eroded away their archnemesis' life

I loved that Charlie actually did produce a compelling argument backed up by evidence and then just blows it by assuming the ornithologist can talk to birds.

Dennis backing down when the Bailiff starts approaching cracked me up too.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 18, 2016

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I thought the episode was near perfect too, but I also thought the Uncle Jack hand gag was run into the ground a bit too much. That being said, it was hilarious how in the scene right after his hand flies off, he has his hands duct taped to his jacket sleeves.

Crazy amount of returning guest stars, so that was amazing. Pondy's son (great to see him back too) being his dealer was inspired.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

FireWorksWell posted:

Was anyone else upset that they didn't bring up the poo poo that went down with Ponderosa and the skating ring or whatever that was?

Nah, I'm pretty sure Cupcake and his buddies just took care of that through "unofficial channels".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I loved this episode, in no small part due to the fact that it corrected my misconception that Reginald VelJohnson has been dead for years.

FELD1 posted:

I thought the episode was near perfect too, but I also thought the Uncle Jack hand gag was run into the ground a bit too much. That being said, it was hilarious how in the scene right after his hand flies off, he has his hands duct taped to his jacket sleeves.

Yeah I kind of agree. Usually they were a little more subtle about his weird hand thing in past episodes. Everything else was pretty great though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that Charlie actually did produce a compelling argument backed up by evidence and then just blows it by assuming the ornithologist can talk to birds.

Even better- Charlie started talking to the bird and that's what set off crazy dad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also Charlie's entire argument was based on the idea that there is a "3 Strikes" law for birds AND a bird death penalty, and that is why they were covering this all up, in fear of a tiny electric chair or perhaps bird guillotine.

Basically, he was absolutely in the right but he got there through spectacularly stupid means. Perfect.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

unlawfulsoup posted:

I felt the opposite, he has been a smug jerk and it was about time he got dragged down a peck or two.

What a great episode, your son is the dealer?? - yeah he's reliable.

I mean The Lawyer has gone after the gang out of pure spite in just about all of his appearances after being introduced. Given that this marks at least his third time coming out of the woodwork to do pro-bono work against the gang, I think he's actually made himself one of the only characters that has actually intentionally gotten entangled in the gang's affairs,. If anything, he deserves to be "marked" more than anyone.

Young "I do not love you, punk" Ponderosa selling his dad stomped on coke was so good.

FELD1 posted:

This show has done some great things with little background continuity gags. The duct-taped on hands, the slow devolution of the suburbs house, and even the (more obvious) taped-over door back in the mortgage crisis episode. Nothing ever really gets fixed in this show.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

What a great episode, that was just everything that made seasons 3-5 perfect.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Murphy Brownback posted:

Yeah I kind of agree. Usually they were a little more subtle about his weird hand thing in past episodes. Everything else was pretty great though.

I disagree. I think continuing to do the same old thing would have gotten boring so they decide to go batshitt crazy with it and it was amazing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It was the culmination of everything Jack Kelly and it was perfect.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The ending was just perfect to the whole debacle.

I hope we see more Maureen transforming into a cat this season.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Man I thought this ep was pretty bad. Way too cartoony and the writers' version of a courtroom is pure Calvinball.

Glad everyone here enjoyed it though.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

nasboat posted:

holy loving poo poo the end of the episode was perfect

It was fantastic

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

That mute bitch lied to me! For sex!

Also, it never fails to amuse me that this is what Thesy "Margaret McPoyle" Surface looks like in real life

ZDar Fan fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 18, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Margaret being revealed to actually be intelligent and literate was a nice surprise I thought. Also was this her first appearance since "Who Got Dee Pregnant"? I think she doesn't even show up in "The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre" or does she?

Also shows that Mac is still attracted to women, not to conventionally attractive women like Dusty but freaky little vixens like Maggy McPoyle still turn him on.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Does this mean that Margaret McPoyle has slept with all male members of the Gang?

(Also it was loving hilarious to see the AV Club pan this episode because it had the crime of "not being Broad City, which we cannot shut up about")

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She only slept with Mac I think? She made out with Dennis but I don't think they banged.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

She's at the wedding, just hanging out playing the cello:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Agronox posted:

the writers' version of a courtroom is pure Calvinball.

I also watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for it's rigorous attention to accuracy and detail in portraying the American legal system.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Ugh... Filibuster!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Margaret being revealed to actually be intelligent and literate was a nice surprise I thought. Also was this her first appearance since "Who Got Dee Pregnant"? I think she doesn't even show up in "The Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre" or does she?

she was playing the cello iirc

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

I also watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for it's rigorous attention to accuracy and detail in portraying the American legal system.

Exactly, right? There's NO room in the middle between, say, the nonsense in this ep and a slavish devotion to the federal rules of civil procedure.

Grow up bozo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How could you possibly not like this episode? You'd have to be some kind of donkey brained moron.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I got the feeling both in this one and in the world series defense that the judges were amused by the insanity that unfurled before them and let the trials continue out of sick curiosity.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Cojawfee posted:

How could you possibly not like this episode? You'd have to be some kind of donkey brained moron.

Haha nice reference fellow forum dweller. I'm glad the show has started to cater to people like us more. Looking forward to another wrestling episode!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Haha nice reference fellow forum dweller. I'm glad the show has started to cater to people like us more. Looking forward to another wrestling episode!

Doubt it as there go to wrestler is dead.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Da Maniac lives forever in our hearts :mad:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Agronox posted:

Grow up bozo.

While I will concede that I may lack a deeper appreciation of civil procedure, the breadth of my bird law knowledge boggles the mind.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
That was definitely a top 5 (at least) episode of the entire series.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Agronox posted:

Exactly, right? There's NO room in the middle between, say, the nonsense in this ep and a slavish devotion to the federal rules of civil procedure.

Sass mouth. Son you are talking to an ADult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Doubt it as there go to wrestler is dead.

bring in Joey Ryan :allears: