Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Great rape jokes,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Great rape, jokes

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
diz one is niiiice

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Q: Why aren't grapes ever lonely? A: Because they come in bunches!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

See, we won.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I...I don't know what any of this means.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

I...I don't know what any of this means.
Someone decided that teams should be awarded a number of theoretical goals based on how many shots they took and where they took them from. Because that wasn't complicated enough, these theoretical goals can be split into tenths.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xRZ4FF1IQ

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

:whitewater:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Wrong thread, what a song. Really good.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

my favourite part is when the human troll bounces the little dude with the fedora and sunglasses

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Woah

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I like the high five they manage to completely cock up at 2.20.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Didn't read the whole thing, but I'm sure this is the right thread.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Why does Mourinho talk like a Russian gangster in a forgettable crime thriller

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Corrode posted:

Why does Mourinho talk like a Russian gangster in a forgettable crime thriller

He's been hired by one several times.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
ESPN doing its thing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

ESPN doing its thing

That absolutely has got to be an article by Darren Rovell.

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe
FOLLOW THE DREAM NOT THE OBSESSION
Dear Ed
Congratulations on a great result tonight. But I wonder if you’ve noticed? There’s an Old Trafford icon gibbering in the front row of Louis van Gaal’s carbuncle school of management. It's there for all to see in the furrowed brow and gaping maw on the face of the much-loved and elegant Ryan Giggs.
And the players are suffering too. The red, swollen and painful cluster of boils you pay to represent Manchester United now bear the scars of repetitive lancing by the pointed pontifications and philosophical pleadings of the mad King Louis. Not since the salty waters of the Zuiderzee were replaced by the fresh waters of the Ijsselmeer has a Dutchman engineered the drainage of natural life on a scale now so evident in Manchester.
It's simple Ed. Louis van Gaal is killing the dream by refusing to countenance the existence of the United Way. To Louis there is no such thing. But it isn’t a myth Ed. Ask Ronaldo, Cantona, Solskjær or Scholes, recent disciples and developers of the bold and daring approach envisaged by the architect that was Matt Busby. Sir Matt gave us Poetry and Soul. He gave us the dream. Not the Pythagoras and Pi that is van Gaal’s obsession.
An obsession that produces a form of football that is hard to endure. Let me illustrate. Daley Blind, £13.8 million of flexible hirsuteness; a van Gaal player who makes slow motion replays redundant. But bless him, he looks to play the ball forward. Thirty metre passes to the in-between zone where attacking teammates seek involvement. However, spooked by the positivity, they more often than not return Blind’s favour with a 30 metre back pass. So the bearded Blind gives up on the progressive idea and shuffles the ball sideways to Chris Smalling. Magnificent Mike then darts forward 30 metres with real purpose before, “ding”, a warning goes off inside his head. He looks around, sees the free Blind, and dispatches a backwards pass before returning himself to the sanctuary of the backline. 100% passing accuracy, metres gained nil, risks taken nil. And while these 3.14 passes are pinging around, opposition players occupy zones, light up and chat about Joleon’s latest Merc. And so it goes on. The actors change. The tedium doesn’t. It never will with no-risk Louis.
So Ed it's time. Can you sense the lassitude of the wage paying folk in the stands? If not, surely the Commercial mob must be telling you something? It's time Ed. For the love of Busby, Best, Butt and Beckham and for god's sake, even for the dream that gave us Bebe, please please it's time, make van Gaal go away.
Yours desperately

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Kindly rename me 'flexible hirsuteness'

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Bwahaha
https://twitter.com/SM_0141/status/704052287514255360

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

haha

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

me

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

since this video was released arsenal haven't won a single game lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There's something I've been wanting to get off my chest since yesterday - I'm not an admin and it might not be my place to say, but that hasn't stopped me from speaking my mind before so I guess there's no reason to hold back now.

I understand the frustration we are all feeling right now - believe me. I've been waiting 12 years for another championship. I get that Misconduct is a bar and coarse language is part of the deal - anyone who's sat near me during a match knows I drop f-bombs more than occasionally and I don't always use my inside voice. But yesterday at Misconduct there was a level of audible venom in the room that made even me uncomfortable, and I attended matches in England in an era when football hooliganism was at its height. I can only imagine what someone who might have stopped by for the first time having read Mike's interview on Philly Voice or someone who maybe just wanted to enjoy a late lunch on the other side of the bar might have felt. So please, going into the NLD, can we try to keep a few things in mind:

1. Right now we need to make up 6 points in 10 matches. It will be an uphill battle, but it's more than possible, and hating on our own side will not help.

2. Outside of the Premier League we are still in the hunt for two other trophies. Many of us endured the entirety of Arsenal's decade-long silverware draught that ended two seasons ago. The FA Cup is not a piss pot. It's not an afterthought to the Premiership. It's one of the most important trophies in club football, and respected not just in England, but the world over. And we've won it the past two years straight. We have less to complain about than we would probably like to think.

3. Most importantly, the NLD is a big draw - there will be Gooners who attend a match at Misconduct for the first time, there will be significant others who some might be trying to introduce to the team and the sport, and all should feel comfortable and welcome. So regardless of what happens on Saturday, let's be emotional, let's be loud, let's wear our hearts on our sleeves, but please let's respect our bar, our club, and our guests. Remember: WE ARE NOT THE SCUM - WE ARE GOONERS! So let's try to conduct ourselves with the class on which we pride ourselves and our team.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
please I beseech you fellow Gooners, no misconduct at Misconduct

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
anyone who has ever said "drop an f-bomb" please throw yourself off a cliff tia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mods rename me I drop f-bombs more than occasionally and I don't always use my inside voice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

There's something I've been wanting to get off my chest since yesterday - I'm not an admin and it might not be my place to say, but that hasn't stopped me from speaking my mind before so I guess there's no reason to hold back now.

I understand the frustration we are all feeling right now - believe me. I've been waiting 12 years for another championship. I get that Misconduct is a bar and coarse language is part of the deal - anyone who's sat near me during a match knows I drop f-bombs more than occasionally and I don't always use my inside voice. But yesterday at Misconduct there was a level of audible venom in the room that made even me uncomfortable, and I attended matches in England in an era when football hooliganism was at its height. I can only imagine what someone who might have stopped by for the first time having read Mike's interview on Philly Voice or someone who maybe just wanted to enjoy a late lunch on the other side of the bar might have felt. So please, going into the NLD, can we try to keep a few things in mind:

1. Right now we need to make up 6 points in 10 matches. It will be an uphill battle, but it's more than possible, and hating on our own side will not help.

2. Outside of the Premier League we are still in the hunt for two other trophies. Many of us endured the entirety of Arsenal's decade-long silverware draught that ended two seasons ago. The FA Cup is not a piss pot. It's not an afterthought to the Premiership. It's one of the most important trophies in club football, and respected not just in England, but the world over. And we've won it the past two years straight. We have less to complain about than we would probably like to think.

3. Most importantly, the NLD is a big draw - there will be Gooners who attend a match at Misconduct for the first time, there will be significant others who some might be trying to introduce to the team and the sport, and all should feel comfortable and welcome. So regardless of what happens on Saturday, let's be emotional, let's be loud, let's wear our hearts on our sleeves, but please let's respect our bar, our club, and our guests. Remember: WE ARE NOT THE SCUM - WE ARE GOONERS! So let's try to conduct ourselves with the class on which we pride ourselves and our team.

Holy gently caress that group is the worst.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

dude's obviously not from around here if he thinks hating your own team is problematic

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol i love this poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
FWIW you all will be able to see the guy who drops f-bombs more than occasionally and doesn't always use his inside voice and the rest of the philly gooners tipping their fedoras and sipping their IPAs on NBC this Saturday.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Thanks for the warning

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FWIW you all will be able to see the guy who drops f-bombs more than occasionally and doesn't always use his inside voice and the rest of the philly gooners tipping their fedoras and sipping their IPAs on NBC this Saturday.

Can you bait him into posting about beer and see just how hoppy he loves his IPAs and what beers go well with what type of "fixture" maybe he could rate the arsenal squad as different varieties of beer too hell im just brainstorming here i'd love to read more from this man and people of his ilk who aren't quite self-aware

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Up pops a smiling Glen Johnson.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Someone found the surplus Suarez shirts in the back of the kit room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's getting to the point where posting arsenal stuff itt is cheating