Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

you just rattled a memory loose of when I walked through times square on a business trip to NYC because I had some free time and saw a bunch of asian tourists looking at the lights and wearing big foam cowboy hats for some reason.

america is cowboyland theme park where everyone is strapped and drunk and there are shootouts checks out to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Philthy posted:

So what ya think fat dude is doing tonight?

Prolly looking at his other foot and wiggling his toes being bored as gently caress.

Are these guys even allowed to read? Solitary confinement with absolutely nothing to do for mental stimulation is terrifying to me. Like, excessively cruel if done for long periods of time

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Are these guys even allowed to read? Solitary confinement with absolutely nothing to do for mental stimulation is terrifying to me. Like, excessively cruel if done for long periods of time

I dunno are they obligated to teach them how to first?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Goodpancakes posted:

I dunno are they obligated to teach them how to first?
Among Cliven's list of demands is a copy of Hop on Pop by Warren Jeffs.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Solitary confinement with absolutely nothing to do for mental stimulation is terrifying to me. Like, excessively cruel if done for long periods of time
Welcome to America, and modern systems of torture.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

ya in the feds you can have like 2 books in the SHU plus access to newspapers/magazines that your family sends to you. you dont really get put in "solitary" unless you are seriously violent or disruptive which i doubt these guys are. even in segregation you usually have a cellie most of the time. but yeah it's mega-hosed up. i did like 5 or 6 days in solitary for administrative reasons and even with books to read it's goddamn unbearable.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
at least give them a choice between the guillotine and solitary confinement imo

slip a bit of paper under their door everyday: "do you want to die?"

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
It is terrifying beyond belief to hear about guys who are in solitary for long periods of time. We're talking about full blown hallucinations, conversations with yourself, throwing poo poo around the room so someone will have to come in and clean it, problems with human contact for months or years or forever after it's over. John McCain was tortured in a Vietnamese prison camp with beatings, untreated broken bones, and dysentery, and (like many people) decided the solitary confinement was the worst part.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Philthy posted:

So what ya think fat dude is doing tonight?

Prolly looking at his other foot and wiggling his toes being bored as gently caress.

never eating sirloin steak ever again lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
whoa lets not jump to conclusions i bet being alone with cliven bundy is awful no matter who you are. you cant blame the feds for that

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Cliven gay, so what?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The new indictment out of Nevada is not just for Cliven.

quote:

Ryan Bundy, Ammon Bundy, Ryan Payne and Peter Santilli Jr. were also indicted.

All five people face these felony charges:
• One count of conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer
• Four counts of using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of violence
• Two counts of assault on a federal officer
• Two counts of threatening a federal law enforcement officer
• Three counts of obstruction of the due administration of justice
• Two counts of interference with interstate commerce by extortion
• One count of interstate travel in aid of extortion

This is in addition to their charges stemming from the Oregon bullshit.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

The new indictment out of Nevada is not just for Cliven.

This is in addition to their charges stemming from the Oregon bullshit.

I believe all of the above were involved in the Bunkerville standoff with the BLM. I know that the "using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime" and "threatening federal officers" charges showed up on Cliven's indictment because of the guys pointing guns from concrete embankment and behind unarmed civilians at Bundy's ranch.

Chickens coming home to roost, finally.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/700165731019698176

You add up the maximum scentences for these offences and you get a pretty big number hehe.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Let's bake him a cake with a copy of The Pocket Constitution inside it. When they let Klivern out for his one-hour-a-day "constitutional", he can carefully articulate his G_d Given rights to the chagrin of those Federal Congresscritters.

Namaste.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Who would have known role playing 'patriots & malitias' with your best buds would end up with one dying & garner a metric poo poo-ton of heat from the feds? They were just cowboys playing around.

onemanlan has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Feb 18, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The happiest people in the world right now are the Bundy Ranch's neighbors.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOB5sXvxcg&t=108s

Need something like this except with the Bundys

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/700165731019698176

You add up the maximum scentences for these offences and you get a pretty big number hehe.

if hes lucky they will ask him to plea guilty to the biggest charge in order to have the rest dropped. or he will plea not guilty like an idiot and they will lock him up forever.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they basically hit them with RICO without calling it as such

lol

e- also Pete is proper hosed, waaaaaay more than I realized he was

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The case is so airtight only the world's worst prosecutor would offer a deal.

If your last name is Bundy you are absolutely never taking another breath as a free man.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Turns out actively supporting an armed revolution gets you mad problems in court

I have to say because of Michelle Fieore we have this resolution, she's a crazy freeper but drat did she own bundy hard

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If your last name is Bundy you are absolutely never taking another breath as a free man.

- "Yes, dear...."

*deep sigh*

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The only thing that can make this worse is if the Bundys haven't learned some humility and sense and try to be their own lawyers. That said, we haven't even gotten to the fines yet for the destruction of the wildlife refuge, which will probably wipe out any finances or land they might have. These idiots have literally destroyed their own lives and their families as well.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The only thing that can make this worse is if the Bundys haven't learned some humility and sense and try to be their own lawyers. That said, we haven't even gotten to the fines yet for the destruction of the wildlife refuge, which will probably wipe out any finances or land they might have. These idiots have literally destroyed their own lives and their families as well.

Keep going. I'm almost there.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I've been pissed off about these obnoxious blowhards since 2014. Seeing the hammer drop is cathartic as heck.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

e- also Pete is proper hosed, waaaaaay more than I realized he was
Im not following and my bloodlust demands more details

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

They are charging him as a co conspirator to the 2014 standoff

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

LethalGeek posted:

what theultimo said, he got tagged with a few charges earlier from the Oregon poo poo, but I figured he could plead down to maybe 5 years max

it turns out he is being charged as a ringleader of both incidents on par with Cliven Bundy lmao

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

haha awesome

Found this looking at more: http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/aclu-oregon-pete-santilli-malheur-refuge-occupier-defense/
Come on ACLU I like you and I get it but come on, this guy?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
to be completely honest I'm most interested in Pete's case because he does have somewhat of a defense there

I mean, yeah he wasn't an impartial journalist but I don't think he was organizing poo poo, either.... that one kinda starts a slippery slope and we know how the Obama administration is with journalists and whistleblowers

tl;dr Pete is a degenerate but may have a case

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

Also, wasn't the "mental health" checkbox filled in on his original set of charges? He was on camera talking about bird drones and chemtrails. Dude seemed like the second craziest cowboy camper, just behind Freedom Fry. I wonder if that'll play in too.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

to be completely honest I'm most interested in Pete's case because he does have somewhat of a defense there

I mean, yeah he wasn't an impartial journalist but I don't think he was organizing poo poo, either.... that one kinda starts a slippery slope and we know how the Obama administration is with journalists and whistleblowers

On the plus side, if Pete walks or gets a reduced sentence then every remaining patriot is going to carry a camera and livestream their next dumb event, then claim to be a journalist when they get caught. So it's a net plus for future comedy.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

red19fire posted:

On the plus side, if Pete walks or gets a reduced sentence then every remaining patriot is going to carry a camera and livestream their next dumb event, then claim to be a journalist when they get caught. So it's a net plus for future comedy.

the opposite to that is Fry's footage is going to hang the Flab Four even higher, sooo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

According to the indictment he was the liaison to BLM and the bundys, so that makes him involved

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Cliven, do you plead guilty to the following charges?"

"Uh, no Fed."

*Flushes toilet*

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theultimo posted:

According to the indictment he was the liaison to BLM and the bundys, so that makes him involved

Fiore was the liason for the FBI and the last group, so she should be arrested, too. Being involved doesn't automatically make you guilty.

Now, I'm definitely not white knighting Pete here, but I do want to see what else he was doing other than broadcasting.

They got him on a firearm charge too IIRC, so he's got that going for him.

cumshitter posted:

"Cliven, do you plead guilty to the following charges?"

"Uh, no Fed."

*Flushes toilet*

The random goon who flushed the toilet on the Patriot call line is my forever hero :3:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Idiot he may be, he still deserves to be fairly represented in court and if he was legitimately covering them as a journalist it doesn't matter how stupid his views and opinions are, he should be protected.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Idiot he may be, he still deserves to be fairly represented in court and if he was legitimately covering them as a journalist it doesn't matter how stupid his views and opinions are, he should be protected.

I used to go to hardcore shows in the 90's and it was guaranteed that when you went to your car after the show a completely shitheel white power news letter would be under your wipers.

Probably way more vitriolic than anything Pete said and I'm pretty sure it's still protected speech. I mean poo poo, I find Jehovah's Witnesses deeply offensive and harass them every time they show up here but I don't want them outlawed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm interested to see how that plays out, because where does your first amendment rights to journalism end, and being found guilty of inciting violence against police and civilians begin?

If you're leading an armed insurrection but holding a camera your "lol I'm just a journalist" defense seems flimsy as gently caress.