Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
*loads up PC*

"erm, uh, is this on Dennis?"

*shifts around in chair*

"is this, what is this? a keyboard, what, wait, hang on a second... hnnnnnnng"

*looks shiftily at camera*

"woah is this a screensaver, what is that, hang on what's this, wait a minute did you install this Dennis?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LowellDND posted:

So is there a monitor thread that I can ask about this 144hz 4k gsync VPI ETC? :v:

If there is one it would be in E/N

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Sisyphus posted:

i've been dealing with some CS shenanigans of my own, here's a screen cap of the emails

sorry its small im using an old monitor

I feel stupid i spent a good 30seconds or so clicking on it with some stupid hope it was going to eventually enlarge. :smithicide:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

LowellDND posted:

So is there a monitor thread that I can ask about this 144hz 4k gsync VPI ETC? :v:

Schc forum has a good monitor thread, i'd link it but i'm posting from my 4k ipad and linking things or typing like an adult is a massive pain in the rear end

I dont think 4k 144hz is even possible atm through displayport though that may well be wrong.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

:pgi: decided to launch a kickstarter to fund their legit Star Citizen ripoff while people in the MWO community were still trying desperately to get QOL fixes done on the game :pgi: had been ratfucking for years.

Oh and PGI registered the official Transverse subreddit and staffed the mod positions with PGI employees, something that is a big no-no in redditland.

It ended poorly - Transverse got cancelled after coming nowhere loving near the goal. The community rose up and basically rioted. For a little while it honestly looked like PGI was going to completely go under. There were a couple big staffing changes and a promise to re-focus on MWO and so far they've kept to their word.

I kind of remember this happening before goons had really fully turned on CIG and people in the Elite and SC thread were able to unite for the first time in mocking this clearly poorly thought out attempt to jump onto the crowd funded space sim bandwagon.

Sometime when I have like 30 days straight free I need to search up the old threads to put together a definitive history, archiving the recipes, images, videos and snarkiest posts.

besides using paint, are there any programs to quickly grab screenshots of posts ITT?

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 18, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm amazed those nutballs that have that dedicated site with fancy graphics describing non-existent gameplay haven't written up the flora and fauna modules yet.

Dedicated hunting ships confirmed

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

*loads up PC*

*shifts around in chair*

"woah is this a screensaver, what is that, hang on what's this, wait a minute did you install this Dennis?"

if only he picked up the mouse and talked into it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DOMDOM posted:

HELLO DENNIS? HELLOOOOO

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If there is one it would be in E/N

I carried my 4k to a girls house but then saw her panties on her bed and was too scared to say anything then her boyfriend came so i didn't even get a hug. Help me fart shitizen thread

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Page Waco — only three more until Page Montana: same thing, but more cleverly executed.

Berious posted:

I carried my 4k to a girls house but then saw her panties on her bed and was too scared to say anything then her boyfriend came so i didn't even get a hug. Help me fart shitizen thread

Obviously, the shitizen thing to do would be to steal the panties. Don't be a shitizen.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/star-citizen-creator-wishes-clearer-development-schedule/

It seems the SC backer defense force hasn't shown up in this comments section yet. Sort of odd.

quote:

Mighty Meh Spathi • 5 hours ago
Im just stoked that I backed it when $45 wasn't R720 000 000.00
heh

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

DOMDOM posted:

That scene in star trek movie with the whales always bothered me. Why is scotty such a good typist if keyboards are some dumb primitive tech. That'd be like us going back to ancient eygpt and being super good at carving hieroglyphics . Furthermore

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

besides using paint, are there any programs to quickly grab screenshots of posts ITT?

windows has some built in screenshot app now but for work poo poo i got in the habit of using a small free app called Screenclipper. lives in the system tray, auto-JPGs it for you in a directory. handy poo poo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Necro was the first HC character I got past 80.

He died to a boss pack of "ultra fast" and "hits like a loving truck" spirits doing a countess run. The level hadn't even finished loading when I died! :argh:

Nicely beefed up bone spear really helped on the Cow Level.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Greenshot for windows. Don't know of many others.

Licecap will produce gifs easily enough.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This thread's gonna hit page 2000 when I'm at class so I won't be able to spam anime in the thread when it happens :smith:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Berious posted:

Schc forum has a good monitor thread, i'd link it but i'm posting from my 4k ipad and linking things or typing like an adult is a massive pain in the rear end

I dont think 4k 144hz is even possible atm through displayport though that may well be wrong.

Wikipedia says it can support up to two 4k displays at 60Hz

I guess there's nothing stopping a stupidly expensive display from supporting multiple displayport inputs from multiple GPUs

That guy did in fact have 3 4k monitors, presumably at 60hz, and that would require some bandwidth (because he's got 3 4k monitors)

(4k)

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

HELLO DENNIS? HELLOOOOO

Made me remember when Mr Denholm was told that he could talk to his computer (the IT crowd)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyV0IVItlM4

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 18, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This thread's gonna hit page 2000 when I'm at class so I won't be able to spam anime in the thread when it happens :smith:

if I'm not working tickets I'll do it in your honor

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Tippis posted:

What kind? This is very important, because it will tell us a lot about your trustworthiness as far as deciding what is or isn't delicious.

It had cream and marzipan in it. Unfortunately my housemate cannot remember what the things are called. His step-father's Swedish, so I will found out eventually.

Hunger is the best spice and I was hungry for fidelity so I bought a JPEG

Sorry I lied, I just dreamt about buying a JPEG

Sorry, I lied again, I was pretending to understand games development

Sorry, I lied again, my name is Lesnik and I'm a crowd-funded eater

Sorry for that

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
how do I get an invite to the stimpire reddit sub?

asking for a friend

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The silver liquid teeth grow continually like a rat's, so you have to wake up multiple times every night to file them down - an excruciatingly painful experience - or they will start to grow through your jaw

Nice. That opens the door to having to periodically reinject the silvery liquid, and, of course, the pain quadruples every picosecond when that happens. Now, all we need for the Fourth Stimpire to fall is the Skellington Revolution to happen.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DOMDOM posted:

how do I get an invite to the stimpire reddit sub?

asking for a friend

You need invites for it?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

*loads up PC*

*shifts around in chair*

So who's playing Chris Robbo in the dramatization of the Star Citizen Saga? Steve Coogan?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

All good questions. I think what most of you are asking and proposing hinges on the texture of civil meat. If we can clarify that, then we can address the issue of prosthetic mouth implants.

Hopefully Beet_Wagon chimes in and confirms the motion, while also addressing your sickening and heartbreaking concerns.

drat. Now we need the gang tag, and I need some way to pay to add it to my avvie.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

All good questions. I think what most of you are asking and proposing hinges on the texture of civil meat. If we can clarify that, then we can address the issue of prosthetic mouth implants.

Hopefully Beet_Wagon chimes in and confirms the motion, while also addressing your sickening and heartbreaking concerns.

Okay so here's where I have to do some educated guessing. I'll be talking about three separate points, hopefully I can make this easily understandable:

Regarding Civil Meat

So, I actually have a bit of knowledge about this. Not because I want to, but because the internet is a horrible horrible place filled with terrible people. The original Stimpire text mentions the idea of Civil Meat briefly, as follows:

A loving Lunatic posted:

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders.

The important parts to note are that citizens must "give themself up" and are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain. This description bears a striking resemblance to the insane stuff written and drawn by Dolcett. If you're not familiar with Dolcett, please DO NOT google it but basically it's a guy who gets off on the idea of roasting completely subservient women alive on spits. Dolcett art has developed a bit of a following among the more mentally unbalanced fucks, so he's not the only artist, but the themes are always pretty much the same: a wife lovingly gets impaled and flame-grilled so her husband can have a good barbeque, women line up at the butcher shop to get parted out and sold as food, etc. In every case, the "civil meat" is served in big slices or steaks, usually arranged on a platter like a Thanksgiving turkey (and the woman's head is always there for some reason? I don't know). In any case it's probably safe to say that "civil meat" in the Stimpire isn't served as like a smoothie or something, but that doesn't mean it can't be ground up later.

Regarding the Replacing of the Skeleton

One of the big assumptions is that the skeleton is replaced by a silver liquid that then hardens into a new skeleton but I can't find anything in The Text to indicate that. It's entirely possible that children born on the 14th of July are simply left completely de-boned, and the cavities are filled with silver liquid for some other reason. They aren't necessarily "Wolverine-ing" these kids, although there's nothing in The Text stating that the liquid doesn't harden at a later point.

Regarding the Replacing of Teeth

So basically we are left with two educated guesses based on whether or not the silver liquid hardens into a new skeleton. If it does, it would make sense to have the teeth replaced by big jagged shards of metal that gently caress up the inside of your mouth and generally make your life a Stimperial nightmare. If the skeleton doesn't harden, though, then there really won't be anything left to anchor jagged metal bullshit to. So you have a kid that's basically a sack of blood, organs, and misery. The subject would have to be be tube-fed (even if they had teeth they wouldn't have arm-bones to hold a fork) and be completely dependent on their caretakers. It would be the ultimate torture. However, the surgical implantation of grinding plates might allow the child to eat slightly more solid food, something that would probably be limited only to the children of wealthy parents, because why would the Stimpire ever make someone's life even marginally better?

So basically it depends on what happens to the silver liquid skeleton replacement, I think.

(also holy poo poo I need a shower now)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

It had cream and marzipan in it. Unfortunately my housemate cannot remember what the things are called. His step-father's Swedish, so I will found out eventually.

Ah. Probably a Semla, then — it is Semla-season after all. That checks out.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Iridium posted:

windows has some built in screenshot app now but for work poo poo i got in the habit of using a small free app called Screenclipper. lives in the system tray, auto-JPGs it for you in a directory. handy poo poo.

Greenshot is awesome. Free, lives in the system tray, allows you ALL kinds of processing options, like auto upload to Imgur, Flickr and Dropbox and such. Then it puts the URL back in the clipboard.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Tippis posted:

Ah. Probably a Semla, then — it is Semla-season after all. That checks out.

Yes! Well done, cheftective

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

if I'm not working tickets I'll do it in your honor

If you have a .gif of Kakyoin and Palnareff doing their handshake then please remember to post that one.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Once this thread hits 2k we're gonna need some stretch goals.

PS. Your mum is a stretch goal.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enot posted:

I've been a lurker/reader for a long time, and since this thread has brought so much joy into my life, I've decided to take the plunge and register just before page 2000; plus the grandma pics were driving me nuts

Have you been lurking SA or this thread in particular? For how long? How did you find out about it? Are you Sandi and/or Ben?

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

:pusheen:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Greenshot is awesome. Free, lives in the system tray, allows you ALL kinds of processing options, like auto upload to Imgur, Flickr and Dropbox and such. Then it puts the URL back in the clipboard.

Oh, they've beefed it up seriously, then. Looks like they went the Skitch route, but only, y'know, not poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Okay so here's where I have to do some educated guessing. I'll be talking about three separate points, hopefully I can make this easily understandable:

Regarding Civil Meat

So, I actually have a bit of knowledge about this. Not because I want to, but because the internet is a horrible horrible place filled with terrible people. The original Stimpire text mentions the idea of Civil Meat briefly, as follows:

The important parts to note are that citizens must "give themself up" and are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain. This description bears a striking resemblance to the insane stuff written and drawn by Dolcett. If you're not familiar with Dolcett, please DO NOT google it but basically it's a guy who gets off on the idea of roasting completely subservient women alive on spits. Dolcett art has developed a bit of a following among the more mentally unbalanced fucks, so he's not the only artist, but the themes are always pretty much the same: a wife lovingly gets impaled and flame-grilled so her husband can have a good barbeque, women line up at the butcher shop to get parted out and sold as food, etc. In every case, the "civil meat" is served in big slices or steaks, usually arranged on a platter like a Thanksgiving turkey (and the woman's head is always there for some reason? I don't know). In any case it's probably safe to say that "civil meat" in the Stimpire isn't served as like a smoothie or something, but that doesn't mean it can't be ground up later.

One of the big assumptions is that the skeleton is replaced by a silver liquid that then hardens into a new skeleton but I can't find anything in The Text to indicate that. It's entirely possible that children born on the 14th of July are simply left completely de-boned, and the cavities are filled with silver liquid for some other reason. They aren't necessarily "Wolverine-ing" these kids, although there's nothing in The Text stating that the liquid doesn't harden at a later point.

So basically we are left with two educated guesses based on whether or not the silver liquid hardens into a new skeleton. If it does, it would make sense to have the teeth replaced by big jagged shards of metal that gently caress up the inside of your mouth and generally make your life a Stimperial nightmare. If the skeleton doesn't harden, though, then there really won't be anything left to anchor jagged metal bullshit to. So you have a kid that's basically a sack of blood, organs, and misery. The subject would have to be be tube-fed (even if they had teeth they wouldn't have arm-bones to hold a fork) and be completely dependent on their caretakers. It would be the ultimate torture. However, the surgical implantation of grinding plates might allow the child to eat slightly more solid food, something that would probably be limited only to the children of wealthy parents, because why would the Stimpire ever make someone's life even marginally better?

So basically it depends on what happens to the silver liquid skeleton replacement, I think.

:stare:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Regarding Civil Meat

Well Occam's razor favors the alternative with fewest assumptions. The Text gives us no guidance on the subject of hardening silver liquid, so I propose that the ersatz "skeleton" is in fact liquid and leaves the July 14th born children unable to ever stand upright, forced to eek out a horizontal existence while undergoing extreme pain

Also "civil meat" is the greatest euphemism ever

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah, pretty much. If ever anything needed the cleansing touch of nuclear fire, it's the internet.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1993 was a good year.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Obviously, the shitizen thing to do would be to steal the panties. Don't be a shitizen.

Be a true goon, buy your own panties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ive got 4k on the flop

• Locked thread