Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Augus posted:

This is why you source your quotes.
please source your quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have 100 leves and might as well blow them on crafter classes. Is there a list of specifically NPC-buyable item leves anywhere? A quick google didn't turn one up but I'm willing to believe I just missed a keyword.

http://ffxivcrafting.com/levequests

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PS4 version really needs a built in wiki

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
If you don't know enough about the game and this thread to know Technogeek then you don't know enough to post at all.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

can't see usernames when browsing on ps3/ps4

console limitations

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Belzac posted:

If you don't know enough about the game and this thread to know Technogeek then you don't know enough to post at all.

tell me more about PLD

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dubious posted:

tell me more about PLD

tell us more about your level 55 PLD

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Dubious posted:

tell me more about PLD

Check that parses number bro.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I want to like paladin so bad since I love the sword and board aesthetic but holy poo poo its painful to play it after getting DRK to 60 and leveling WAR

it literally feels like it belongs to a different metagame entirely

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ilifinicus posted:

tell us more about your level 55 PLD

Playing casually and killing some mobs now and then, it's not that bad.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Dubious posted:

Playing casually and killing some mobs now and then, it's not that bad.

noice

mine stays 50 till paladins are worthwhile to play again - hopefully in 3.2. my preferred tank in 2.55 was PLD

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Had a tank in the aery last night who was loving awful. Between every pull he would stop for 10 seconds, recast stoneskin on everyone, stand for another 30, then pull. He was constantly telling me to get out of cleric stance and that I shouldn't be dpsing and I was using the wrong fairy. He also was bitching nonstop at the blm and nin, but as I know nothing about those classes I can't say if he was right. On the last boss I got hit with the cc debuff and sat in it for a good 15 seconds while no one helped and we wiped, entire time he screaming at me to heal. On the run back he tells me "just cast medica noob". I explain that that is a white mage spell. "Well I have it on my scholar it's a level 30 spell u should go to your trainer and get it". On the next attempt it becomes evident that dps just isn't strong enough to kill the adds so I top up everyone and start broiling, to which he starts spamming "get out of cleric stance" in party chat. After we make the add phase he runs clear to the other side of the platform and dies and does not accept rez. So we kick him. One of the people in the group brings in a tank from their guild and we one shot the boss no trouble.

gently caress that guy.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

lokipunk posted:

Had a tank in the aery last night who was loving awful. Between every pull he would stop for 10 seconds, recast stoneskin on everyone, stand for another 30, then pull. He was constantly telling me to get out of cleric stance and that I shouldn't be dpsing and I was using the wrong fairy. He also was bitching nonstop at the blm and nin, but as I know nothing about those classes I can't say if he was right. On the last boss I got hit with the cc debuff and sat in it for a good 15 seconds while no one helped and we wiped, entire time he screaming at me to heal. On the run back he tells me "just cast medica noob". I explain that that is a white mage spell. "Well I have it on my scholar it's a level 30 spell u should go to your trainer and get it". On the next attempt it becomes evident that dps just isn't strong enough to kill the adds so I top up everyone and start broiling, to which he starts spamming "get out of cleric stance" in party chat. After we make the add phase he runs clear to the other side of the platform and dies and does not accept rez. So we kick him. One of the people in the group brings in a tank from their guild and we one shot the boss no trouble.

gently caress that guy.

I would have left @ the single target stoneskins after every pull. And anyone that complains about cleric stance and thinks SCH can use Medica probably doesn't know anything about any job. Thankfully the bad people I end up with in DF don't try and claim they know better than everyone and just stay quiet. I ended up with a PLD in Neverreap that had issues keeping threat on trash packs vs a BLM that was doing subpar damage. 5 mobs? Better not cast Fire II or Flare, best stick to the level 50 rotation of fire I spam. :cry:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've had a guy tell me to use shroud of saints as a scholar and the dude had a 50 scholar, I checked.

Scholars just get no respect.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I can't wait for stone, sky, sea, assuming it does the job it's designed to do adequately. I would like to be trying Thordan Ex but I know very little of the fight and being able to practice it without getting in anyone's way sounds great to me. Also Sephirot, for the same reason.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
On a lighter note thinking of changing my boy catgirl into a dragon waif. I have that transmutation flask sitting around and really dislike how healer gear looks on dude characters.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

brennon posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
NEW PIRMAL MOUNT S ARE GOIN G TOB E BIRDS BEHOLD

So, if these mounts play their respective primal theme...

Does that make them songbirds?

(need bugbird so bad)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

lokipunk posted:

On a lighter note thinking of changing my boy catgirl into a dragon waif. I have that transmutation flask sitting around and really dislike how healer gear looks on dude characters.

I enjoyed my time as a dragon waif, but in the end I went back to my one true love, catgirls.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is there any way to convey that I want to do mechanics and learn fights or is that likely to get me skipped over in PF? I mean I'm all the way through T11 of Coil and I can't say I really contributed meaningfully to many fights. I sorta figure out what's going on if we wipe a couple times, but most of the time I just mash out DPS and die in the last 10% or so. I don't like being carried, ya know? I'd rather not be poo poo.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SonicRulez posted:

Is there any way to convey that I want to do mechanics and learn fights or is that likely to get me skipped over in PF? I mean I'm all the way through T11 of Coil and I can't say I really contributed meaningfully to many fights. I sorta figure out what's going on if we wipe a couple times, but most of the time I just mash out DPS and die in the last 10% or so. I don't like being carried, ya know? I'd rather not be poo poo.

Say so. I figure if a group passes you over because you are asking questions trying to learn an encounter, then you probably don't want to do it with that group.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Vadoc posted:

It is really getting annoying.

Augus posted:

This is why you source your quotes.

I'm sorry you're unable to check who's posting. Or notice the abrupt shift in tone from the rest of the thread.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

mr. stefan posted:

I want to like paladin so bad since I love the sword and board aesthetic but holy poo poo its painful to play it after getting DRK to 60 and leveling WAR

it literally feels like it belongs to a different metagame entirely

That's because it does.

Hopefully that changes in 3.2.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Link.

quote:

I took a quick look at Dengeki and it looks mostly the same as this one. The one major point that was in there that wasn't addressed in here was the change of main stat for tanks from STR to VIT. He says explicitly that a full VIT tank in 3.2 is going to do less damage than a full STR tank at the same item level from 3.15, but they are intentionally doing this to somewhat reduce a tank's maximum damage output relative to DPS jobs. He also implied that STR's effect will be nerfed to the point where full VIT will out-damage STR/VIT hybrid with the 3.2 specs. The interviewer asks how that will affect enmity where tanks already had some difficulty holding hate against high DPS and Yoshida said they were planning to do enmity adjustments to the defensive stances.

Nice to have that confirmed, I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Link.

Nice to have that confirmed, I guess.

Not surprised. I don't like it, honestly, but what are you gonna do? I guess a 30k health warrior will allow for more healer DPS.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not surprised. I don't like it, honestly, but what are you gonna do? I guess a 30k health warrior will allow for more healer DPS.
YoshiP also said that the nerf wouldn't be extreme and that our damage would increase more than what we lost as our item level went up.

So basically what I said in one of my last speculation post about it, whee. Hurray for weird power curves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think they are going to make savage hit harder than ever, though, as a result of this change.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

Say so. I figure if a group passes you over because you are asking questions trying to learn an encounter, then you probably don't want to do it with that group.

Also I seem to recall that Sonic isn't on Excalibur, so his chosen server might have linkshells in place for learning fights or doing them "properly". Can't hurt to check.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tortolia posted:

Also I seem to recall that Sonic isn't on Excalibur, so his chosen server might have linkshells in place for learning fights or doing them "properly". Can't hurt to check.

Oh, good point, my bad for assuming he was on Excal (be on Excal, Sonic).

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think they are going to make savage hit harder than ever, though, as a result of this change.

I've seen a few people say this and I just wonder if they ever really balanced for it before. Did they just end up expecting tanks to have a heavy amount of STR gear?

I guess knowing that tanks will be wearing VIT gear regardless now, it's easy to balance around. But I kinda thought that's how they would've done it before.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Carver posted:

I've seen a few people say this and I just wonder if they ever really balanced for it before. Did they just end up expecting tanks to have a heavy amount of STR gear?

I guess knowing that tanks will be wearing VIT gear regardless now, it's easy to balance around. But I kinda thought that's how they would've done it before.

If they don't it will just shift the missing tank DPS to healers because less mitigation is needed.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Woah, can you get a Merlwyb costume?? :swoon:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Polegrinder posted:

Woah, can you get a Merlwyb costume?? :swoon:

nah, that was from last year's halloween event. you could get bewitched to look like various npcs like merlwyb

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Other things from that interview:

- Midas is going to be more mechanically inclined than Gordias. There's also going to be a Gorilla fight?
- Yoship suggests people wanting to do an early clear of Midas get crafted gear.
- Warrior is remaining untouched (aka no nerfs besides whatever VIT gear changes do).
- He confirmed the Astral Fire adjustment.
- Red scrips will still be valuable for crafting (they aren't adding a new scrip).
- Hall of the novice basically becomes available right at Sash

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Other things from that interview:

- Midas is going to be more mechanically inclined than Gordias. There's also going to be a Gorilla fight?
- Yoship suggests people wanting to do an early clear of Midas get crafted gear.
- Warrior is remaining untouched (aka no nerfs besides whatever VIT gear changes do).
- He confirmed the Astral Fire adjustment.
- Red scrips will still be valuable for crafting (they aren't adding a new scrip).
- Hall of the novice basically becomes available right at Sash

A few more things to add.

quote:

The dps checks will be lower so the devs wonder if the top team will be able to create guides after 2 weeks this time.
One to two weeks to clear Midas Savage? Neat.

Also Midas normal ilvl requirement will be i200. Apparently it's also supposed to be amusing and was designed to make people laugh/have fun with the fights.

FaintlyQuaint fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 18, 2016

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

KaneTW posted:

I'm sorry you're unable to check who's posting. Or notice the abrupt shift in tone from the rest of the thread.

yeah. It's immediately obvious within a few words wtf is this wrong opinion and then you look over to see who the idiot is and it's Technogeek so oh, it's just an OF post. It's not rocket stuff.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
How reasonable is it to ding 60 and jump into the Sky Pirate gear for pure ilvl? I have some gil stocked away if I have to buy stuff for crafters but is it going to break the bank?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Levantine posted:

How reasonable is it to ding 60 and jump into the Sky Pirate gear for pure ilvl? I have some gil stocked away if I have to buy stuff for crafters but is it going to break the bank?

Belzac posted:

I think I spent around 2 million but if you're on excal and in a hugbox goon FC you can probably get it for free or very cheap if you ask.

Failboattootoot posted:

I can't wait for stone, sky, sea, assuming it does the job it's designed to do adequately. I would like to be trying Thordan Ex but I know very little of the fight and being able to practice it without getting in anyone's way sounds great to me. Also Sephirot, for the same reason.

I don't think there's any mechanics at all in the striking dummy fights. You just attack the dummy till it dies and if you killed it before time ran out that means you're not a brain dead awful and should try doing a real fight.

Also that super overreaction to Gordias Savage, nice. Maybe Headias will be a balanced raid.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Thank you, I'll ask my hugbox FC.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Jetamo posted:

So, if these mounts play their respective primal theme...

Does that make them songbirds?

(need bugbird so bad)

I kind of hope that Zurvan and Goddess in 3.3 and 3.4 get different mixes of the FF6 fierce battle theme if only so their birds don't all share the same music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Levantine posted:

Thank you, I'll ask my hugbox FC.

Try to get up to i170 as soon as you can so you can run Gordias (a good way to do this is to get your Anima weapon through phase 2 to i200). DGKK just ran one person through A1-A4 yesterday, and if everyone but you refuses loot, you can boost your gear to a reasonable level that way.

• Locked thread