Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

CherryCola posted:

Oh god it's on Facebook now??? RIP

Which one of you did this???

After my "breant" (get it? get it?????) i totally forgot about you. It's funny that the parents, who are not interested enough in their children to do a 5 minute research online to make sure a movie is appropriate for them will call you the bad person when they find the picture. By funny i mean human behavior. Of course you don't deserve what's coming, if.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Filox posted:

I've never seen anybody under the age of 9 cut the crusts off. Do crust-intolerant kids actually exist outside tv/movies?

I only knew a couple kids that would - they were the ones with parents who gave into tantrums and allowed them to eat whatever they wanted. I think it's less to do with American bread and more to do with overly lax parents more interested in peace and quiet than nutrition.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Edit: never mind. Too much hassle to do it by he phone app.

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Feb 17, 2016

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
My wife just texted me your now infamous screenshot, CherryCola. It's already artifacted to hell and back and since it was texted it probably was from Instagram rather than Facebook. This things got some legs.

My uncle basically asked the same question about Deadpool, though he's really off the grid so it's more understandable. And I guess some people might think the R is due to just a bunch of people being shot or whatnot. Harder for that sort of excuse to hold up when you can go onto IMDB and get a literal rundown of every instance that contributed to a film's rating (I checked Deadpool's, it is very long).

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe it's a thing in the US to take children to 15+ rated films. I like the UK system now.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

dirksteadfast posted:

My wife just texted me your now infamous screenshot, CherryCola. It's already artifacted to hell and back and since it was texted it probably was from Instagram rather than Facebook. This things got some legs.

Maybe a couple hours after it was posted I checked my Facebook and three people on my friends list had shared it, including D.Piddy, that guy that does those funny Deadpool cosplay videos. The internet's wild, man.

Sorry CherryCola. I hope things don't blow up too badly for you :(

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

CherryCola, I have a sighting to report in Maine. You're officially, anonymously famous here in the boondocks.

This may be more of an IOSM thing, but recently I've been having to slap down people sharing the "Dial 112 for the police if you think you're being followed" thing. In the USA, where the number to call is still 911. I understand that some phone carriers will automatically forward 112 to 911, but why would anyone think that there's a special, unadvertised number for EMS? As if there's some secret menu you can order from, like at a fast food restaurant? "Hi, I need an ambulance at 123 Anywhere Lane...animal style."

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Happy Landfill posted:

Maybe a couple hours after it was posted I checked my Facebook and three people on my friends list had shared it, including D.Piddy, that guy that does those funny Deadpool cosplay videos. The internet's wild, man.

Sorry CherryCola. I hope things don't blow up too badly for you :(

Well we talked and I apologized if I had any role in the madness. I think I'm generally off the hook since I'm definitely not the person spreading it all over the drat internet. I feel bad though because she's had to read all these comments about how she's literally the worst mother :/

Whoever put it on imgur is a buttface, though.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Huntersoninski posted:

I only knew a couple kids that would - they were the ones with parents who gave into tantrums and allowed them to eat whatever they wanted. I think it's less to do with American bread and more to do with overly lax parents more interested in peace and quiet than nutrition.

How do you eat a sandwich with no crust? Crust gives sliced bread its stiffness and without it a sandwich would fall apart.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Peanut butter and jelly keeps the bread together like cement

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Peanut butter and jelly keeps the bread together like cement

Figures that someone who cuts the crust off sandwiches wouldn't eat anything other than PB&J.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

CherryCola posted:

Well we talked and I apologized if I had any role in the madness. I think I'm generally off the hook since I'm definitely not the person spreading it all over the drat internet. I feel bad though because she's had to read all these comments about how she's literally the worst mother :/

Whoever put it on imgur is a buttface, though.

If you posted it with the awful app, it's you that posted it on imgur, buttface. The awful app automatically uploads it to imgur, in a way that publicly shares it with literally anyone looking at the imgur feed or might be loading up random pics from imgur. Let's take a look at your original post. I'm quoting it:

CherryCola posted:

"timg]http://i.imgur.com/SLweBUt.jpg[/timg"

God loving dammit. OP is my cousin, first reply is her sister in law, second is me. Jesus gently caress

The only change I made to the stuff in the quote field is to change the outer brackets around 'timg]http://i.imgur.com/SLweBUt.jpg[/timg' to double quotation marks.

You're the buttface, buttface.

She also is a horrible goddamn mother.

E: \/ this is me being nice. I changed my original words to buttface. Also, my quoting their post where they described the fallout serves as content for the stupidest poo poo I ever heard thread, since someone already had pointed out that posting from the awful app is how it got out in the first place.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Feb 17, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kizudarake posted:

If you posted it with the awful app, it's you that posted it on imgur, buttface. The awful app automatically uploads it to imgur, in a way that publicly shares it with literally anyone looking at the imgur feed or might be loading up random pics from imgur. Let's take a look at your original post. I'm quoting it:

The only change I made to the stuff in the quote field is to change the outer brackets around 'timg] [/timg' to double quotation marks.

You're the buttface, buttface.

She also is a horrible goddamn mother.

oh be nice

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Woolie Wool posted:

How do you eat a sandwich with no crust? Crust gives sliced bread its stiffness and without it a sandwich would fall apart.

Hello fellow hu-mon. I am also concerned about eating earth sandwiches. Human hands are so hard to control with so many useless fingers. All food should have a crust. It's the best part.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Woolie Wool posted:

How do you eat a sandwich with no crust?

I tend to use these for my Clubhouse sandwiches http://www.thehouseofsolidgold.com/toothpick-24k-gold-vermeil/

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Where would be the best place to start a topic on film revisions versus the MPAA? I find it really fascinating as well. Maybe Ask/Tell?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
PYF Censorship and Ratings; keeping it broad will let you bring in comic book ACA censorship which can also be fun (and don't forget about Standards and Practices)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sentient Data posted:

PYF Censorship and Ratings; keeping it broad will let you bring in comic book ACA censorship which can also be fun (and don't forget about Standards and Practices)

I remember that there used to be some kind of obscenity code for comics so restrictive, that when the US government commissioned Marvel to make an anti-drug PSA comic, the moral guardians still tried to squash it because drugs.

I think it was a Spider-man comic.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rondette posted:

I still can't believe it's a thing in the US to take children to 15+ rated films. I like the UK system now.

Of course, in Canada it's 14A in some provinces, which rating is also found on Supernatural and The Flash.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Thin Privilege posted:

It's not on the list but didn't they also ban Saints Row 3 for having a dildo bat, so they had to remove it? And I think they had to in Japan too. And what about the Rectifier Probe in 4? Did they ban that too? And if Silent Hill Homecoming was banned due to torture, what happened with GTA V? I am curious.

Banning games for dumb things is the stupidest poo poo I've heard regarding video games. So glad I don't live in Australia :911:

Speaking of cutting Torture Scenes in Japan, for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, there's a scene where your character gets tortured with electric cattle prods. Apparently in Japan they changed them to "Tickle Rods" whatever that means.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sentient Data posted:

Posted: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764787

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

HardDisk posted:

Das Boo, I love your av. :3:

Thank you! :3:

For content, I keep having this same argument with people:

Me: Sure, a lot of the religious texts cribbed each other. Judiasm to Christianity, Christianity to Islam-
X: Actually, Christianity cribbed from Islam!
Me: What? No, Islam started around 5 or 600 CE.
X: No, it actually dates back before Christianity.
Me: But their calendar date is in the 1400's.
X: That's because it's a moon calendar!
Me: No, I lived in a Muslim country. My sister married a Muslim man. I'm kinda pretty sure on this.
X: Well maybe you're just mistaken.

I just... are they starting with mistaking Islam for Hinduism and cramming square pegs in round holes to make sense of their narratives? HOW DO THEY THINK THE MOON WORKS?! :psyduck:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Speaking of cutting Torture Scenes in Japan, for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, there's a scene where your character gets tortured with electric cattle prods. Apparently in Japan they changed them to "Tickle Rods" whatever that means.

exactly what it sounds like

https://youtu.be/aUVGSPW2QbM?t=108

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Just make sure the sandwich isn't full to bursting like that one picture of a man eating handfuls upon handfuls of cheese and you're golden. Crust doesn't make up that much of a sandwich, you can shred or slice up whatever you're fulling it with so that it fits.

Also, wow, crust snobbery isn't something I was really expecting to see.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

RareAcumen posted:

Just make sure the sandwich isn't full to bursting like that one picture of a man eating handfuls upon handfuls of cheese and you're golden. Crust doesn't make up that much of a sandwich, you can shred or slice up whatever you're fulling it with so that it fits.

Kids who didn't eat the crust tend to grow up into those "supertaste" weirdos.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

RareAcumen posted:

Dude: goons.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not that surprised. There's always a few weirdos that that insist the crust is the best part of the bread. I assume they also enjoy banana peels and prefer the black part of oero cookies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach posted:

Dude: goons.

I've seen coffee, tea, steak and vaping but not bread.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm not that surprised. There's always a few weirdos that that insist the crust is the best part of the bread. I assume they also enjoy banana peels and prefer the black part of oero cookies.

I just dunno why people are that concerned with what parts of bread people enjoy the most. We all know that croissants are much better than just regular sliced bread but- Oh gently caress, there's probably an argument about which bread is the best somewhere. Man I'm slow tonight.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Depends on how you pronounce it.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Dr_Amazing posted:

I prefer the black part of Oreos :mad:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

It's not on the list but didn't they also ban Saints Row 3 for having a dildo bat, so they had to remove it? And I think they had to in Japan too. And what about the Rectifier Probe in 4? Did they ban that too?
SR3 is unaltered in Australia. SR4 was banned for the rectifier probe and drug use in Shaundi's mission.

Thin Privilege posted:

Do they not sell Saints Row 2 at all then? Because like a quarter or more of the missions involve drugs.
Saints Row 2 is available unaltered. Postal 2 is banned, but Steam is selling it anyway. Max Payne was never banned. It's incredibly inconsistent.

RareAcumen posted:

Are they big about banning all drugs or only specific things? I think it'd be hilarious if they banned stuff like Captain America or Fallout and Bioshock for having magical drug serums that give you incredible sense and powers. :v:
The drugs in SR4 are referred to as "alien drugs" and exist only within a computer simulation within the game. They mess up your vision a bit and give your friends super powers.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

A White Guy posted:

Speaking of CherryCola getting plagiarized, I remember there was a goonette who lost like 100 pounds and went from hambeast to smoking hot, who posted her pictures (the victory one was in her underear) in the Ultimate Victory thread. About two weeks went by before her picture started appearing in those stupid "THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK DOCTORS HATE HER" side-ads.

She really should have put a watermark on those photos. They were posted years ago and I still see them all the time on those dodgy diet pill ads.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
(At the bar yesterday after work)

Guy 1: "Man, gently caress Beyonce!"
Guy 2: "Why do you say that?"
Guy 1: "Did you see the song she played at the Super Bowl?"
Guy 2: "No, I didn't. What happened?"
Guy 1: "Well, she made a Black Panther salute and-"
Guy 2: "Wasn't that from 30 years ago?"
Guy 1: "Yeah! And the whole song was about hating cops! So there was a demonstration by the police to turn their backs on her."
Guy 2: "Wow, yeah. People just don't have any respect for police these days and everything they do for us."

And so on...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I live in SC when that police officer literally threw that girl across the desk at that highschool. well someone at my work was basically like "thats what she deserves kids these days dont respect authority"

so we had to explain to him carefully how a grown man throwing a 15 year old for not getting up is not okay.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Guy 2: "Why do you say that?"
Guy 1: "Did you see the song she played at the Super Bowl?"
Guy 2: "No, I didn't. What happened?"
Guy 1: "Well, she made a Black Panther salute and-"
Guy 2: "Wasn't that from 30 years ago?"
Guy 1: "Yeah! And the whole song was about hating cops! So there was a demonstration by the police to turn their backs on her."
Guy 2: "Wow, yeah. People just don't have any respect for police these days and everything they do for us."

And so on...

saving us from the black menace

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

[snip]

Yes, please!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Aristophanes posted:

I prefer the black part of Oreos :mad:

Reverse racism, the guys Your Dunkle Sans was talking about were right after all!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I was friends with a racist in high school who thought it was gross and weird that I would even consider dating or having sex with a black girl. :sigh:

It goes without saying that we are no longer friends.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"I support government surveillance because if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

Not a direct quote because I have heard this far too many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have seen a couple about American politics recently.

One was Glenn Beck's latest conspiracy theory: "God killed Justice Scalia to wake up Americans to the importance of electing Ted Cruz. :911:"

The other was more of an abstract idea (it was the thesis of an article I read) which I will condense into an approximate summary: "Women and people of colour should absolutely not vote for Bernie Sanders; Bernie Sanders appeals inordinately to white working class males, and they are the Donald Trump constituency."

This is a bit like a quote from Conservapedia from years ago, which went something like, "Obama is opposed to cruelty to animals. Hitler was also opposed to cruelty to animals. I think we should investigate this link further."

• Locked thread