Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

I remember when Age Of Conan was coming out, the grodnards got such a massive boner on because AT LAST A REAL MATURE MMO that they basically just ended up talking about tits and swearing all the time and to an outsider looked like loving children, the same thing is happening here.

"Forsooth I want to talk about tits in my MMO becuase I am verily so matureth you bastard"

I remember reading a thread on their forums that was absolutely insane. I haven't seen anything like it since, at least until Star Citizen started. It was some guy going fully off his meds about basically "nipples=maturity" and "something something hot girlfriend". It was pages and pages of this poo poo. Then AOC came out, promptly faceplanted, and he vanished. Evidently he was awaiting the second coming of Christ Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

I sort of hate how much I've had to think about this, but it really isn't clear.

Thinking about it a little more I think the date of the operation is probably not all that relevant, because to me it seems unlikely that mothers in the stimpire would breastfeed anyway. If you think about it, it's probably more likely that babies get bottle/tube fed using some sort of nutrient paste (probably made out of old teeth or something). Given how frequently pieces of Stimpire citizens are cut off, that seems like the most likely explanation.

For simplicity's sake, my vote would be this -

Children who are born on the 14th of July are subject to skeleton removal and their skeleton is replaced with a silver liquid, condemning them to a life as a blob and being tube-fed for the rest of their lives. Whether this happens at birth or on their fifth year or whatever is the matter of a different ruling.

e: oh good, sniped a page with a post about the logistics of the stimpire.

here, have a shark:

Yeah, like I said having the role of a Stimcouncilor is a great responsibility. We've made great progress (thanks to your research). But for the sake of our sanity I propose having in-depth discourse only on Wednesdays (That way it fits in the CIG schedule better).

We can table the teeth/deskelatization issue until then because frankly I have to think about it before my vote. Granted, we can field random Stimpire questions on off days in the mean time. Any major Stimpire lore concerns we can debate at our next session.

I hope you can second this motion, and out of mutual respect, if you disagree with my proposal I will be all ears.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I remember when Age Of Conan was coming out, the grodnards got such a massive boner on because AT LAST A REAL MATURE MMO that they basically just ended up talking about tits and swearing all the time and to an outsider looked like loving children, the same thing is happening here.

"Forsooth I want to talk about tits in my MMO becuase I am verily so matureth you bastard"

Wasn't this the game where the serious roleplayers were all upset about because their precious ~guild towns~ kept getting griefed into oblivion? Fun times that one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Getting Antsy ...

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I missed the page of my birth year, so I am posting on the page of the year I graduated high school.

I am old.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Watching a DAIKATANA play through on you tube in honor of 1999

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

paging strangelove

You should play Deathmatch with us, we'll be doing the final DM segment fairly soon.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lime Tonics posted:

If page 1999 isn't prince themed, we have failed.

I am surprised rsi forums aren't completely shutting down certain sub-forums yet.

2 weeks

paaarppp

Its gonna be Will Smith themed :colbert:

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

The Glumslinger posted:

Its gonna be Will Smith themed :colbert:

1997 should be dedicated to Big Willie Style.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The only sweetening ingredient in the Stimpire is Beryllium

Lead.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lime Tonics posted:

Wasn't this the game where the serious roleplayers were all upset about because their precious ~guild towns~ kept getting griefed into oblivion? Fun times that one.

Possibly although sieges were broken I think, I dunno.

At the time we were a fresh faced bunch of internet pals and we had met / played WoW and this was the very first time another AAA (lol) MMO was coming out since WoW hit, we were really clueless and just took it for granted that this would be the next big thing.

We were all just :stare: at what we were actually greeted with, and stopped playing before our first month was up.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
CIG is now banning anyone critical of the game, mods are engaged at full force.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Iridium posted:

hey the 90s had like two or three decent bands until like 8 of them died from assorted heroin overdoses, suicides, autoerotic asphyxiation incidents, and plane crashes

RIP Layne Staley.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sperglord posted:

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

I remember reading a thread on their forums that was absolutely insane. I haven't seen anything like it since, at least until Star Citizen started. It was some guy going fully off his meds about basically "nipples=maturity" and "something something hot girlfriend". It was pages and pages of this poo poo. Then AOC came out, promptly faceplanted, and he vanished. Evidently he was awaiting the second coming of Christ Roberts.

AoC was amazing and I see so many parallels with the SC fans, just replace mud with metal and you're there really.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I'm going to end up missing page 1999 so here's my contribution.

A .gif of prince.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Birth defects in your children help identify them easier

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

I missed the page of my birth year, so I am posting on the page of the year I graduated high school.

I am old.

Same.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Mr.Tophat posted:

Birth defects in your children help identify them easier

If they're deformed they won't want to go outside as much, meaning they'll spend more time with you in the 'verse

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MeLKoR posted:

gently caress, my $4K package gave me away.
lol this dummy thinks we're not getting what we want

what we want is humor and we'll get it whether CIG fails or not

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sperglord posted:

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand doing because the right side of the brain is overwhelmed with REM activity and the left side of the brain is responsible for flapping the hands to simulate life in this shambolic ersatz company

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Chairman Wao posted:

If they're deformed they won't want to go outside as much, meaning they'll spend more time with you in the 'verse

Just what I wanted, my genetic shame in my shameful game

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

What kind of monitor did you get?

14" 800x600 Super VGA, 2Mb video card :smug:

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
One day, we'll look back in our lives and think: "I was there for page 2000 of the star citizen thread". Then we'll be really sad about it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I dunno where this narrative of goons not getting what they wanted started. Some idiot was going on about that in the comments of an article about Star Citizen as well. What is it we're not getting that we wanted? I must have missed a memo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

I got a couple of characters to 80 in AoC, but there wasn't much to actually do other than go on raids, and raids loving annoy me in MMOs, so I dumped everything and moved onto to the next thing.

I get curious a couple of months ago, so I download it and start up my characters....pretty much the same old same old, but I'm betting they don't have any GMs around most of the time because game chat was

:stare:

Weirdly it got that 'mature' thing because of the slave chick you rescue from the beach, and I think she got a top before the Beta launched.

1996 was the year America stopped classifying encryption as 'munitions'.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Hav posted:

RIP Layne Staley.

I was thinking Bradley Nowell but yeah Layne too RIP

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

lol this dummy thinks we're not getting what we want

what we want is humor and we'll get it whether CIG fails or not

We either get to laugh at a poo poo scam going down the tubes or we get to play a fantastic game when it comes out, we are loving looooooooosersssssssss

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

They could spend 99% of the money on a horse ranch in Antarctica, and as long as Star Citizen gets made, there isn't really issue we can take with that

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Does anyone have that lovely flowchart to hand? The one where it's pretty much: game doesn't come out? goons laugh. game does come out? goons grief.

The Star Citizens love JPEGS, they should get along with that one. Or do they not pay attention to such things unless they're on SALE and LIMITED

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In this year I bought an Apple Mac, right in the middle of the period that is considered the worst in their entire history :smug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alphabettitouretti posted:

I dunno where this narrative of goons not getting what they wanted started. Some idiot was going on about that in the comments of an article about Star Citizen as well. What is it we're not getting that we wanted? I must have missed a memo.

I wanted drama and cognitive dissonance for free and that is exactly what I'm getting.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Waiting for S42 and the promised terrible cutscenes wouldn't be half as much fun if it weren't coasting in on a wave of zero meaningful progress on the game everyone paid for and mass bannings for the entirety of 2016.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

gently caress, my $4K package gave me away.

Oh man they quoted me in the OP of that thread and didn't even have the decency to cite a source!

I am feeling grief!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, like I said having the role of a Stimcouncilor is a great responsibility. We've made great progress (thanks to your research). But for the sake of our sanity I propose having in-depth discourse only on Wednesdays (That way it fits in the CIG schedule better).

We can table the teeth/deskelatization issue until then because frankly I have to think about it before my vote. Granted, we can field random Stimpire questions on off days in the mean time. Any major Stimpire lore concerns we can debate at our next session.

I hope you can second this motion, and out of mutual respect, if you disagree with my proposal I will be all ears.

I completely agree - if I think about this too much more today I might remove my OWN skeleton.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is my Number One guy who I am glad posts there as he makes the whole community look insane :lol:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:downs: Well you can't show they don't make progress so they do

:psyduck:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Terebus posted:

One day, we'll look back in our lives and think: "I was there for page 2000 of the star citizen thread". Then we'll be really sad about it.

Go ahead and be sad you pussy

I don't regret a single post read (except for seraph)

o9 commandos

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

That guy's goofy hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Netflix just let me know that Star Trek Nemesis is available for streaming so I'm going to boycott page 2002 in protest of that terrible movie.

• Locked thread