Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm kind of starting to like this Alex Jones guy.

No, Boosted, come back from the edge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mystery Goomba posted:

Here's a SC poll from Harper (C+ rating on 538 so not too bad) featuring goon-favorite Pie Charts:

Trump 29
Cruz 17
Rubio 15
Bush 14
Kasich 13
Carson 8

edit: with the last batch of polls accounted for on RCP, Trump is showing a very clear downward trajectory in SC, down 4.5 points since two Sundays ago.

Loser polls conducted by losers, Trump is yooge and wonderful and a winner, everyone else is low energy, etc.

That about cover the Trump response to this?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i assume hed spend his time quoting polls with him in the thirties (you know who else was in the thirties) but this result would be great for him strategically taking the assumption that the longer there are so many other candidates in the race the better for him. i guess he might just take enough of the drop outs support to win just as easily in a four three or two way race

PT6A posted:

Due to his tireless efforts to defeat the papists, or because he looks like an oompa loompa? Either one is acceptable, IMO.

lol and they have walls in Belfast too!

Donald Prince of Orange

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 18, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

If Jeb?? weren’t an enormous pussy he’d answer “The Pet Goat”.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Boosted_C5 posted:

Makes sense, he's probably as big of an idiot as you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It'll suck if Trump underperforms in SC and that new poll shows a trend, but his lead is so comfortable in Nevada it shouldn't matter.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Want a juice box?

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Papacy was a big, fat mistake.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I want Trump to get into sedevacantism.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
replace principal skinner with Jeb ! And supernintendo chalmers with Prince reibus

"Am I a good candidate ?!"
"*sigh* you're the best we could get with the budget at the time "

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Boosted_C5 posted:

ah, the final transformation into full on kyoon wingnut begins

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

We live in a world where Donald Trump is the leading candidate for the Republican Party to be President of the United States, and is calling out the prince of motherfucking peace on social media.

What a world. What a time to be alive.

Trump/SS-18 SATAN '16

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MA-Horus posted:

We live in a world where Donald Trump is the leading candidate for the Republican Party to be President of the United States, and is calling out the prince of motherfucking peace on social media.

What a world. What a time to be alive.

Trump/SS-18 SATAN '16

It's not called a "Thoughtful Coalition" of personality.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Mystery Goomba posted:

Here's a SC poll from Harper (C+ rating on 538 so not too bad) featuring goon-favorite Pie Charts:

Trump 29
Cruz 17
Rubio 15
Bush 14
Kasich 13
Carson 8

edit: with the last batch of polls accounted for on RCP, Trump is showing a very clear downward trajectory in SC, down 4.5 points since two Sundays ago.

I think the bigger takeaway from these polls, that still by the way show Trump with enormous leads, is that Rubio has a hard ceiling of 15-20%. Nobody wants this guy to be the nominee except the GOPe overlords.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Trump is just Little Mac making his way up the ladder of magical opponents

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
trump will use science to disprove the pope by bashing his skull in with a hydraulic sledgehammer

he will then get a fistbump from God and usher in 1000 years of golden yoogeness

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Pope is pathetic, he's a MESS! He had a great wardrobe when they made him Pope, you know? Oh! It was BEYOOTIFUL! It really made me kind of jealous. I'll admit that. A little jealousy.

HE WOULDN'T EVEN WEAR IT!!! He thinks that the leader of The Church should be humble. :smug:

I tell you, what kinda guy doesn't want to dress for success like that? A LOSER.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

guys, i think trump is just mad because the pope's visit a few months ago briefly pushed him out of the headlines

trump's been waiting for a chance to slam francis ever since

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Boosted_C5 posted:

who could have seen this coming?!?!?!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

While wearing the shorts Rocky wore in Rocky IV.

Hillary Clinton is Drago, and her Wall-Street contributions and PAC money are the steroids.

Jeb is the log Rocky splits for firewood. The primary is the hill he climbs while being chased by the establishment, who are the Communist Party goons in the sedan following him.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
To be serious, does anyone else think the Pope went a bit too far? It's one thing to say that speech or actions are unchristian. It's another to say a person is.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Harlock posted:

Jeb! is totally Glass Joe.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

popes saying who is and isn't christian has historically been their favorite thing to do. traditionalists should be thrilled at this return to form

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

William Bear posted:

To be serious, does anyone else think the Pope went a bit too far? It's one thing to say that speech or actions are unchristian. It's another to say a person is.

Does anybody seriously believe Trump is a Christian?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

William Bear posted:

despite The Donald's claim to the contrary, the Pope is in fact a legitimate authority as to whether or not someone is unchristian

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

No, Boosted, come back from the edge!

as if we didnt all know this was his endgame all along

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

William Bear posted:

is this the first time hes done this? and to trump of all the wretched people out there right now?

obama mustve asked a favor over facebook

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

To be serious, does anyone else think the Pope went a bit too far?

Yes. As improper as it is, if he wants to pontificate on OUR country's politics, he should at least give an intellectual counter argument to something he disagrees with, not a petty, childish, zero-content "well then YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN" blast to someone he disagrees with.

Just as scummy as what happened to Kerry back in the day re: his support of abortion, but even worse here considering the source.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

William Bear posted:

i thought the whole point of campaigning for pope was you got to be the final verdict on whether or not someone is a christian

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
if the dude that has an ear to God starts calling you out over media, that might just keep you in the headlines a while and, whoa, might make noncatholics who dont give a poo poo tune in to you!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

William Bear posted:

What I don't like about it is that he's clearly just going after Trump because Trump has received so much media attention. If he really sat down and looked at the policy proposals of each candidate he would see that Rubio and and Cruz are worse than Trump, but I bet he barely even has an idea who Rubio and Cruz are. It's basically just opportunistic.

Trump's position on immigration is unchristian IMO but the hardcore push to dismantle all social safety nets from the other candidates or to turn the middle east into a sheet of glass is far worse.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

despite The Donald's claim to the contrary, the Pope is in fact a legitimate authority as to whether or not someone is unchristian
In the minds of most American Christians, who are protestants, the Pope is not a legitimate authority about who is or isn't a Christian as that is a personal relationship between you and God. Many protestants legit hate the Catholic Church, the Pope and everything they stand for as it goes against the prosperity gospel.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

William Bear posted:

are you familiar with the concept of excommunication, it's an official power of the pope to not just declare someone is unchristian but that they're going to hell

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Trump is just pulling from the Republican's historical tactics

this was a major winner for them back in 1928, no reason it shouldn't be just as good now

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

trump will use science

Trump's in the middle of a similar war on science with his anti-vaxxing, alas.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

William Bear posted:

hes completely right and there is nothing that says the pope has to stay outside of politics. this pope in particular has been very vocal about politics too so its not really that surprising. remember that he also met with kim davis a few months ago

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Donald Trump is goign to strap on a robotic power suit and kick the pope's rear end.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trump believes in nothing but the terrifying Power of Trump

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Piquai Souban posted:

Trump's in the middle of a similar war on science with his anti-vaxxing, alas.

the only science trump cares about is war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

evilweasel posted:

are you familiar with the concept of excommunication, it's an official power of the pope to not just declare someone is unchristian but that they're going to hell

No, just uncatholic actually.

• Locked thread