Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Berlin starting to have second thoughts about the wall thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Imagine the condo owners are Mexico and the unauthorized debts are a huge wall.

Actually the condo owners are america and the unauthorized debt is also america. Trump conned the people who bought into his building, not the people in the building next door.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

sounds like those people should have read The Art of the Deal

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Sorry 'muricans, I hope Trump wins for the comic value. Imagine seeing him speak in the UN or be in the G8 group picture.

.....incredible difficult to immigrate legally. All the Western European countries getting swarmed by Syrian refugees (those in the pictures) do their utmost to refuse most of them, and those that come in certainly aren't on the level of a fully legal immigrant; they are just asylum seekers.

-Troika- is right; it's a myth that Your Specific Western Country is a unique racist, xenophonic country that rejects immigrants unlike others. Whether it's the USA, Western Europe, The Middle East or Asia; you can't just walz in and get a residence and working permit as you please. Even in poorer countries like those in SE Asia, you typically can't get residency, can't own land, can't work, and can't stay for more than a tourist visa's duration if you are a foreigner just walking in, without a serious, year-long effort showing professional skills, good conduct, economic investment, language skills, and/or marriage relations into the country. And good luck with the vastly more xenophonic culture that many other regions have. But no, people keep blathering on about how the Western country they live in is so particularly hateful unlike all the others.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Sorry 'muricans, I hope Trump wins for the comic value. Imagine seeing him speak in the UN or be in the G8 group picture.

I think seeing Trump having to hangout with Obama, Bush, Clinton, and Bush Sn at various functions calling for former presidents would be pretty strange. I don't know if they all would avoid him, I think Bill the most, because he's going to slander the Clinton to death if he wins the nonimation

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pilsner posted:

when I see the child that canadians have selected as their leader on stage with other world leaders I'm embarrased

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Has anyone cashed in on a Donald Trump branded TruckNutz novelty?

TrumpNutz, they go great with my "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I was actually going to make a reference to Syrian refugees being another way to immigrate legally too, but I felt I needed to back up my leftist credentials with posters here lest they think I'm like T r a v i s so went for the richie rich callout.

But yeah, hard as poo poo to immigrate anywhere you might actually want to live legally. Which is why blanket amnesty is a loving awful idea without first making sure the influx of new illegals has stopped.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

VR Native American posted:

Has anyone cashed in on a Donald Trump branded TruckNutz novelty?

TrumpNutz, they go great with my "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker.

You could get the exact same effect by attaching two oranges to a shoelace

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
http://webm.land/media/awaT.webm

pov of being a protester at a trump rally

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pilsner posted:

.....incredible difficult to immigrate legally. All the Western European countries getting swarmed by Syrian refugees (those in the pictures) do their utmost to refuse most of them, and those that come in certainly aren't on the level of a fully legal immigrant; they are just asylum seekers.

-Troika- is right; it's a myth that Your Specific Western Country is a unique racist, xenophonic country that rejects immigrants unlike others. Whether it's the USA, Western Europe, The Middle East or Asia; you can't just walz in and get a residence and working permit as you please. Even in poorer countries like those in SE Asia, you typically can't get residency, can't own land, can't work, and can't stay for more than a tourist visa's duration if you are a foreigner just walking in, without a serious, year-long effort showing professional skills, good conduct, economic investment, language skills, and/or marriage relations into the country. And good luck with the vastly more xenophonic culture that many other regions have. But no, people keep blathering on about how the Western country they live in is so particularly hateful unlike all the others.

You can't just waltz into Mexico. Holy poo poo do not be an illegal immigrant there.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Helical Nightmares posted:

You can't just waltz into Mexico. Holy poo poo do not be an illegal immigrant there.

What racists they must be not to want people immigrating to their country, illegally

drat Mexican supremacists

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harold Stassen posted:

What racists they must be not to want people immigrating to their country, illegally

drat Mexican supremacists

Fun fact: as racists go, white people are in the super minority. There are many places in Asia where you won't even be served if you're black, for example.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

The Saurus posted:

my leftist credentials

lmao

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

During a Wednesday night town hall moderated by MSNBC's "Morning Joe," co-host Mika Brzezinski described a "political outsider" candidate, and Donald Trump incorrectly guessed that she was describing himself.

"The candidate is considered a political outsider by all the pundits. He’s tapping into the anger of the voters, delivers a populist message. He believes everyone in the country should have healthcare," she told Trump. "He advocates for hedge fund managers to pay higher taxes. He’s drawing thousands of people at his rallies and bringing in a lot of new voters to the political process, and he’s not beholden to any super PAC. Who am I describing?"

"Or any special interests or any donors," Trump added before responding, "You’re describing Donald Trump."

"Actually, I was describing Bernie Sanders," Brzezinski replied.

"Oh, that’s good," Trump then said in response before offering a similarity he believes he shares with Sanders.

"There’s one thing we’re very similar on: He knows that our country is being ripped off big-league — big-league — on trade. The problem is he can’t do anything about it," the Republican presidential candidate said. "He doesn’t understand what’s happening."

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mexico literally shoots illegal immigrants on sight at their southern border. They do not gently caress around.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
If you are a white person from a first world country, it's hard and expensive to get in legally even with Masters degrees in real subjects. It's hard because we have a flood of illegals with no education clogging up the system. And if you get in on an H1-B visa, employers are taking a huge risk because after spending time/effort training you it's possible you won't win the ridiculous lottery system and get to stay.

Remember that Senator Ted Kennedy who murdered a girl and got away with it? He helped re-write immigration laws to keep Europeans out in favor of other countries because he believed non-whites would vote liberal. A side effect of this was that it drove down the quality of our immigrants.

We could use immigration to become the all star team. Take the smartest people from Europe, Asia, Africa, and yes even Mexico and put their talents to work for the red white and blue. Instead, we get these uneducated hordes whose main purpose seems to be to drive down wages to make big business a lot of money.

Look I love immigrants, my family is from Russia and we have first generation family members here who went through the immigration process. We all have graduate level degrees and played by the rules, but while we got poo poo on all the illegal immigrants were able to circumvent the system. It's madness by design.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

I'm glad Trump has a rational financial plan behind his Berlin Wall idea.

Trump does not need rational ideas. You people need to get this straight

Trump is channeling elemental mystical energy of the irrational human mind, especially the lower middle classes

His constant profession of love for his audience is pretty blatant psychological pandering to someone looking to personalize their chaotic lives within a benevolent fatherly dictator

It's the mass psychology of fascism

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Comparing working people voting in their own self interest to fascists is not going to win them over to your side, liberals.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

Trump does not need rational ideas. You people need to get this straight

Trump is channeling elemental mystical energy of the irrational human mind, especially the lower middle classes

His constant profession of love for his audience is pretty blatant psychological pandering to someone looking to personalize their chaotic lives within a benevolent fatherly dictator

It's the mass psychology of fascism

how christian of him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://vine.co/v/etMppWHhTZm

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

T r a v i s posted:

Comparing working people voting in their own self interest to fascists is not going to win them over to your side, liberals.

They aren't voting for their self interest they are voting for Daddy. it will end the same way as it always does: Daddy is going to go "out" for a pack of cigs after beating mom like a dog and leaving an overdue stack of bills.

The restless masses of America want to replicate their dysfunctional authoritarian family structure on America. Sad.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

T r a v i s posted:

They are desperate. They have a criminal candidate in Hillary Clinton who is probably going to be their nominee who is taking 10's of millions of dollars from big banks and special interests, and they are going to need to defend that.

Middle America is seeing their jobs go overseas from horrible trade deals, they are seeing no investment in their infrastructure, they are seeing working men and women called horrible things in the media, and now there is a candidate in Trump who is talking about this. Now he may or may not follow through with his intentions (I think he will but anything can happen) but he is the only candidate not arguing for a continuation of the status quo. Unless you count Bernie Sanders who spent most of his life as an unemployed bum, but I guess that's part of the "feel the bern" appeal.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Blue collar and middle class voters are rallying around a candidate who prioritizes their prosperity and that of the country over an ideological agenda and liberals' response is to double down on classism, invoking the Holocaust, and appeals to their moral and intellectual superiority.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Oceanlife posted:

They are desperate. They have a criminal candidate in Hillary Clinton who is probably going to be their nominee who is taking 10's of millions of dollars from big banks and special interests, and they are going to need to defend that.

Middle America is seeing their jobs go overseas from horrible trade deals, they are seeing no investment in their infrastructure, they are seeing working men and women called horrible things in the media, and now there is a candidate in Trump who is talking about this. Now he may or may not follow through with his intentions (I think he will but anything can happen) but he is the only candidate not arguing for a continuation of the status quo. Unless you count Bernie Sanders who spent most of his life as an unemployed bum, but I guess that's part of the "feel the bern" appeal.

just admit that you are an impotent reactionary riddled with self hatred and rage. It will help you move on from your terrible life

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

just admit that you are an impotent reactionary riddled with self hatred and rage. It will help you move on from your terrible life

:ironicat:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lol

Thanks for getting the joke

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

i wish we had this as a smilie but

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
you will bow to my penis

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Would you be for or against being replaced at your job by an illegal immigrant? You don't have to answer seriously if you're afraid to.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

T r a v i s posted:

Would you be for or against being replaced at your job by an illegal immigrant? You don't have to answer seriously if you're afraid to.

TRUMP!

*loses job*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top City Homo posted:

you will bow to my penis

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

The Saurus posted:

I was actually going to make a reference to Syrian refugees being another way to immigrate legally too, but I felt I needed to back up my leftist credentials with posters here lest they think I'm like T r a v i s so went for the richie rich callout.

But yeah, hard as poo poo to immigrate anywhere you might actually want to live legally. Which is why blanket amnesty is a loving awful idea without first making sure the influx of new illegals has stopped.

You should come back to your native land, Saurus. UKIP could use someone with your pep, not to mention someone who is under 50. Would be more entertaining than the current conservative dystopian death march.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

T r a v i s posted:

Blue collar and middle class voters are rallying around a candidate who prioritizes their prosperity and that of the country over an ideological agenda and liberals' response is to double down on classism, invoking the Holocaust, and appeals to their moral and intellectual superiority.

So essentially the liberal agenda revolves around shame and shaming others into joining them?

Top City Homo posted:

Checks out.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

UrbicaMortis posted:

You should come back to your native land, Saurus. UKIP could use someone with your pep, not to mention someone who is under 50. Would be more entertaining than the current conservative dystopian death march.

I'm a Corbynista. :newdanger:

I am backing an Out vote in the EU referendum though!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Stuffguyman posted:

So essentially the liberal agenda revolves around shame and shaming others into joining them?

Checks out.

as a representative of the liberal media I am shocked that my dastardly plans have been foiled ones again *hisses and disappears in a puff of smoke*

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Obama and the Pope are both shoveling coal into the unquenchable furnace engine of the Trumpernaut. Thanks guys!

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

The Saurus posted:

I'm a Corbynista. :newdanger:

I am backing an Out vote in the EU referendum though!

Are you backing an out vote as the EU is a neo-liberal entity commited to austeity or are you backing out because you want less foreigners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Top City Homo posted:

it will end the same way as it always does: Daddy is going to go "out" for a pack of cigs after beating mom like a dog and leaving an overdue stack of bills.

:yikes:

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Are you backing an out vote as the EU is a neo-liberal entity commited to austeity or are you backing out because you want less foreigners?

The former, with a dose of "gently caress German hegemony for overruling the democratic choices of other nations" thrown in.

Although I'm sure people will say that this makes me racist anyway, because the foreigners the EU lets in are mostly white.

• Locked thread