Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Spermy Smurf posted:

Suck and gently caress smashes Anthony's head open. As luck would have it (or was this planned?), Richard Kyanka has led Molegrim back to his teammates exactly as they killed the last opponent facing them.

Of course it was planned. I mean, do you think we're all just bumbling along with no idea what we're doing or something?

Yes. Yes, we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

poo poo. I go deeper and deeper into debt. At least turquoise put up a fight

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Mygna posted:

Of course it was planned. I mean, do you think we're all just bumbling along with no idea what we're doing or something?

Yes. Yes, we are.

The planning meetings take long enough as is to get further than costume design.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Mogwai why have you betrayed me :bahgawd:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Bo did something. Good.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 9, Fight 3 :siren:

A Tarantino Film is on the left side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (AnoHito) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears leather armor.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm and bronze gauntlets.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Worse Munki is on the right side of the arena.
Experiment Twenty-Two (fallingdownjoe) is a female tigerman. She wields a copper long sword and a copper shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Strangler Than Fiction (Tunicate) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, a platinum mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and copper low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, leather leggings, and leather gauntlets.

Worse Munki is a 1.65 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11534.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 7000.00 dwarfbucks for A Tarantino Film.

Experiment 22 slashes his sword across Uma's head, muscle is torn but she's still on her feet. That's one tough broad! Urist McLee punches Strangler than Fiction in the spine, but only manages to cause a bruise. Chaz Steadyfist (south) stabs Solomon, but unluckily Solomon's armor holds strong. This causes the force of the blow to shatter the snakeman's spine. Luckily it's just a spine and has no bearing on the fight despite the snakeman being like 80% spine. I have no idea why there is blood on the floor down by the snakeman, he hasn't taken an injury that would cause blood to fly yet.

Strangler than Fiction bites Urist and bruises the kidney while SRIRACHA slams his hammer into the dwarfs stomach which causes nausea. Urist punches the strangler who is latched and bruises his second right arm's bone. Enraged, Strangler whips his head around which tears the dwarfs upper leg to poo poo and Urist passes out.

Down south Solomon the snake charges Chaz Steadfist and bounces off the large werewolf. Chaz still cannot get through the steel-covered snakeman. SRIRACHA turns his hammer on Uma and fractures her right hand at the same time Experiment 22 slashes her in the head for a second time. Uma Thurman (human up top) passes out from pain.

Snarls Barkley attempts to help Urist and puts his pike into two different strangler arms. A backswing from the bronze pike lances into Experiment 22's foot and the huge tigerwoman falls to the floor.
I forgot my kids birthday was next week, but I remembered Experiment 22 was a girl tiger without even looking. Priorities.

SRIRACHA breaks Uma's arm, and then her face.

Snarls Barkley is annoyed at being down a fighter, so he puts his pike through Strangler Than Fiction's chest. Another swing grounds Strangler who passes out from the pain.

Urist took 5 or 6 shots from Experiment 22 before the tigerman cuts the dwarf clean in half. Now it's Snarls Barkley against 3 opponents in the center melee. Experiment 22, SRIRACHA, and Strangler are all attacking the werewolf.

Down south Chaz finally gets through Solomons steel armor and the snakeman's left lung is punctured by a halberd. Solomon can't deal with the spine, lung, and other injuries and he passes out. Can Chaz finish the snakeman quickly and go help his teammates?

If he can, I know it won't be soon enough for Strangler who loses his head to Snarls Barkley. Chaz cannot get through Solomons armor down south.

Snarls Barkley turns into some kind of murdering machine. He puts his pike in Experiment 22's stomach, takes a bruise from SRIRACHA, spears the elf's liver in return, and then knocks down SRIRACHA. A second later the elf passes out as his hand is chopped up. Snarls stabs Experiment 22 once more before finishing the elf off.

Chaz is still swinging away uselessly against Solomon. Can Solomon's armor hold out until the deadly Snarls gets there to help?

Snarls then turns his full rage on the downed and very hurt Experiment 22. The downed tiger plants his sword in Snarls' chest, tearing a lung and causing immense pain to the werewolf. He splits the tigerwomans head open in return.

So that's got to be some kind of record right there. Snarls just won a 3v1 with ease. Snarls charges south to help his only teammate and Chaz is now in a 2v1 sort of. One is unconscious, and Snarls did take a few hits.

Chaz blocks the first attack that Snarls feebly throws his way. Chaz is completely uninjured and fresh whereas Snarls is bleeding profusely, in pain, and having problems breathing. It shows here as Chaz leans forward and hamstrings the other werewolf. Snarls Barkley passes out from the pain, and this fairy tale story comes to an end.

Chaz chops him in half.

And then early on the morning of day two Chaz's inferior weapon manages to chop through steel and sends Solomons head flying.

That was a very close fight with Worse Munki pulling out a 4-3 victory!

Kills:
Chaz Steadyfist: 2
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM: 1
Experiment 22: 1

Snarls Barkley: 3

Combat Log

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Jesus christ Snarls knows how to handle a shield. :stare:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Snarls Barkley secures his tenth kill with that valiant solo effort, which brings his team up to a respectable 17 heads taken.

17 is also the number Chaz Steadyfist has managed all on his own. Worse Munki are sitting pretty out in front with 34 skulls beneath their thrones.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Snarls!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Once again, Strangler fulfills her purpose as valuable chaff.

Sorry, jon joe, but even roiding up snarls wasn't enough to fix this match.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

Once again, Strangler fulfills her purpose as valuable chaff.

Sorry, jon joe, but even roiding up snarls wasn't enough to fix this match.

It's okay as long as the roids keep flowing.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Really drawing out the tension on that final match of the round.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Maugrim posted:

Bruising the conscience surely.

So how many managers have forgotten this thread exists and aren't bothering to update their fighters? Wondering if those who get knocked out after this phase will get a chance to pick up someone else from the teams that make it through.

Splode posted:

I'll take over a fighter if managers are abandoning them. That's poor form

I'll check in the next couple of days and get back to the thread, and put fighters up for adoption if they've been abandoned.

But to answer Maugrim's question, most of the managers have been following pretty closely since this started. I had to give Jon Joe the first dibs because he was following this thread without a fighter from the very beginning, and I like that kind of enthusiasm. :black101:

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 18, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ramc posted:

Really drawing out the tension on that final match of the round.

I am lazy and easily distracted.

Match coming in like 4hrs from this post.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I know I've been checking the thread/site daily to make sure I remember to buy Unthrottle a weapon for this next round. :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 9, Fight 8 :siren:

Spooky Scary Skeletons is on the left side of the arena.
Tash Al'rhyn (tithin) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, and leather gauntlets.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Bad Munki (Coward) is a male kobold. He wields a steel bow and wears a leather cap.
Candy Corn Tiger (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm and bronze gauntlets.

Subterranean Animists is on the right side of the arena.
Braun Strowman (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields three copper short swords and wears an iron helm, two copper mail shirts, iron leggings, and iron gauntlets.
Baldwin (captaindirtnap) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and steel low boots.
Qwarf (C7ty1) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and iron gauntlets.
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

Subterranean Animists is a 3.00 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 10950.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3650.00 dwarfbucks for Spooky Scary Skeletons .

Whats this? Has Frozen Flame has swapped out his gladiators gear? I really don't know. I thought it was a spear'dwarf' earlier. Taking a page out of my dumbass gladiators book was probably not the smartest move I've ever seen.

The critical first arrow flies wide.

The gladiators meet, Baldwin and Braun smash and slice Tash who is stunned by the blows. Baldwin and Braun both follow up with it by breaking Tash's arm and cutting her thigh wide open. Tash falls to the floor immediately.

The other gladiators dodge and block each others first blows.

Tash is fighting two deadly gladiators. She watches an arrow sail wide of Qwarf who is standing above her. The dwarf plants his spear in her skull.

Elsewhere Dusseldorf stabs Three Gremlins in one of his 4 arms, and the strangler responds by hitting Dusseldorf in the neck with his pick! The dwarfs iron mail prevents penetration, but drat that was close to an insta-kill.

The fighters dodge, block, and parry for a few minutes. 32 lines of combat with jack poo poo happening.

Finally Dusseldorf catches Three Gremlins who has been battling a 3v1. The stranglers foot flies across the arena, he falls to the floor and rolls away from Braun's attack.

The fighters on SSS have differing opinions on what to do it seems. Three Gremlins is trying to draw his 3 opponents away from their Kobold archer, while Candy Corn plants himself in front and declares 'You shall not pass.'

Baldwin takes the tiger up on that challenge, and takes a halberd in the guts for questioning it. Three Gremlins splits Qwarf's hand open with his pick, but takes another stabbing in the leg.

Baldwin taps L2 and darts around the tigerman's charge. Three Gremlins rolls and drags three opponents farther away from Bad Munki. Baldwin faces Bad Munki just in time to block an arrow on his shield.

It was only a matter of time. Dusseldorf breaks the stranglers arm and Three Gremlins passes out with 3 gladiators standing around him. Another arrow is blocked on Baldwins shield.

Candy Corn charges Baldwin, trying to get back in front of the archer, but Baldwin dodges and then lashes out with the butt of his spear. The small kobolds leg is crushed, and just as he hits the ground his right arm is crushed in the same fashion.

Qwarf finishes off Three Gremlins.

Candy Corn finally gets his bearings and stands in front of the archer again.

But the damage has been done. With no arrows, and one leg, the kobold is basically useless.

Candy Corn against 4 deadly gladiators is a bad time for the tigerman. Spears crush his ribs, then his heart, then his guts, then his left lung, then his spleen, then his right lung, then his upper spine, then his pancreas, then his right kidney, then his left kidney, then his left lung, then his liver, then his right lung, then his middle spine, then his stomach, and lastly Qwarf spills his guts across the floor.

Baldwin stabs Bad Munki in the face, and then chops off his head with his spear.

Subterranean Animists wins with an easy 4-0 victory. Hell, 3 of the fighters didn't even take a bruise.

Kills:
Qwarf: 3
Baldwin: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Round is over, update your fighters:siren:

Edit:
VVVV You are correct. I thought you had a spear like your dwarven brothers earlier.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 18, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

quote:

Whats this? Has Frozen Flame has swapped out his gladiators gear? I really don't know. I thought it was a spear'dwarf' earlier. Taking a page out of my dumbass gladiators book was probably not the smartest move I've ever seen.

Not that I remember? I missed the spear memo and been Zoro'ing since the beginning.

They are 3 mini spears though. Technically.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
On the plus side, Three Gremlins actually got some damage in. Shut up, bruising still counts. :(

Currently laid low by kidney stones, so here's a low effort top 10.

1st, 17, Chaz Steadyfist.
2nd, 14, James Largesausage.
3rd, 13, In like Flynn.
4th, 12, Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns.
5th=, 11, Qwarf, Jimbo Akimbo, 3 Wolf Moon Shirt.
8th=, 10, Stumpy, Albirik the Insignificant, Dusseldwarf, Snarls Barkley.

Five unblooded remain. Shame them!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I refuse the blood of your covenant, AJ_Impy. Sun Tzulander is a pacifist. That punches through bones, apparently.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Keru posted:

I refuse the blood of your covenant, AJ_Impy. Sun Tzulander is a pacifist. That punches through bones, apparently.

Pacifism has no place in the arena. :colbert:
(Punching bones into smithereens is perfectly acceptable.)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
There are 2 teams with 2 unblooded each.

I would assume that would be why they are both in last place with a combined -45 kill differential.

I'm no arena challenge expert, but they should maybe try killing people to fix the losing and differential.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Killing is good, but dying is easier.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

AJ_Impy posted:

Five unblooded remain. Shame them!

end me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

APELIMINATOR

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

You are the lone unblooded on a team full of and this hurts to say since Bad Munki is on it real gladiators.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i wish only for death

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

and this hurts to say since Bad Munki is on it

I hope you choke on it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-uZxqN8_k

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Screw it, crowdsourcing this: is bronze or iron better for a flail? :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^^^ I vote Leather.

Bad Munki posted:

I hope you choke on it

My fighter is doing plenty of choking already.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Zwingley posted:

Adamantium. Clearly.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Zwingley posted:

Copper. Weight matters most with blunt weapons and copper is heaviest. Bronze is only ever so slightly lighter as not matter very much but 2x expensive. Iron is the worst.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zwingley posted:

iron or steel.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Oh, whoops. I meant scourge, not flail. :downs:

I know heavier is better for blunt weapons, but I'm an idiot and typed the wrong thing.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Zwingley posted:

Oh, whoops. I meant scourge, not flail. :downs:

I know heavier is better for blunt weapons, but I'm an idiot and typed the wrong thing.

In that case, definitely adamantine. Edge weapon.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
i mean i would love to have the points for that right now, but

Looking back at my dad's weapon effortpost and the OP, it seems like iron and bronze are equal in cutting power, but I'm not sure if/how much the mass of the weapon would contribute. Bronze is heavier, but would it slow down my babby kobold at all? That's basically what I'm looking at here.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Isnt there someone with an iron scourge that is unblooded? Hell, maybe even uninjured?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Spermy Smurf posted:

Isnt there someone with an iron scourge that is unblooded? Hell, maybe even uninjured?

Unthrottle had a copper scourge for awhile and did alright with it. Much better than all the whip folks. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i hate whip