Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It kind of sucks were reaching the point where people are going to be too young to have caught a 4kids dub

I think I remember watching the 4kids dub of One Piece..shame they never got to Franky or Brook :yohoho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
WHO SAYS THEY DIDN'T!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCb4U4Qrek0&hd=1

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 4kids one being flipped is the best

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

HGH posted:

Ohio everyone! It's time for a lesson in nihongo!
Translator's Note: Ohio means Cleveland

So this is what American colleges look like...

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I'm more partial to this particular "throw everything at it" remix. Mildly NSFW, I guess? It'd certainly get you weird looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RKdIqotUu4

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Got two out of six.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ramos posted:

Got two out of six.

Ah yes, that famous Ghegis Khan quote "If we lose I'll punish you!"

I loving hate that poo poo and everytime I think that goon pushback against anime is overblown I see that garbage.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I loving hate that poo poo and everytime I think that goon pushback against anime is overblown I see that garbage.

Dude, you're living in an era with eight billion different people producing a lot of content, a lot of lowest common denominator content. You might as well swear off the entirety of English speaking television while you're at it, we invented Reality TV.

"Rupaul’s Drag Race Season 6, Top 5 Queens"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

CommissarMega posted:

Kinda reminds me of this:

I like Commie's stuff unironically.

Apparently "what I want" is to not be able to understand poo poo? I don't think they thought this through

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Are these some sort of ironic Undertale self-inserts or is this part of Alphys's backstory (isn't she an sort of awkward nerd stereotype)? Or is this using Undertale to draw stories from the a/t "thinks they're married to anime guys thread" because I swear I've read more than one anecdote featuring "classmates openly drawing yaoi boys doin' it."

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's healthier to laugh at that poo poo than to let it wind you up

down that road lies the way to Screaming Idiot

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Translation?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Are these some sort of ironic Undertale self-inserts or is this part of Alphys's backstory (isn't she an sort of awkward nerd stereotype)? Or is this using Undertale to draw stories from the a/t "thinks they're married to anime guys thread" because I swear I've read more than one anecdote featuring "classmates openly drawing yaoi boys doin' it."

Those are Bratty & Catty, they run a shop in Undertale. The joke is that they are not taking Alphys' Anime Club seriously and are just screwing around, as is their wont. You're overthinking it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Those are Bratty & Catty, they run a shop in Undertale. The joke is that they are not taking Alphys' Anime Club seriously and are just screwing around, as is their wont. You're overthinking it.

Note that said shop sells literal garbage, they have awful taste in pretty much everything, and they happen to be childhood friends with Alphys. So yeah, it's perfectly in character for them to be doing that.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Relevant to this thread, Betty Boop being a sex symbol will always be hilarious to me...

...because she was originally a dog.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boop-Oop-A-Yiff

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

It's amazing how much more listenable TTFATF gets when slowed down ever so slightly.

It's an admirable effort at least, considering the disparity between the two tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQmE6Lzq6t8

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, a sexy dog lady based off of Helen Kane, who had to be "toned down" in the 30s after the Hays Code was introduced.

There's a lot of animated characters sexualized needlessly by pop culture, but Betty Boop is not one of them. She was all boobs, legs and head straight out the gate.

Remember, she was created by a bunch of dudes who thought sitting in a room drawing the same thing over-and-over is a good time, and who desperately needed to get out more and get laid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Someone's going to do a complete duwang sub of part four when it releases and I can't wait.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Suaimhneas posted:

Apparently "what I want" is to not be able to understand poo poo? I don't think they thought this through

THE PURITY OF THE NIHONGO LANGUAGE

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Someone's going to do a complete duwang sub of part four when it releases and I can't wait.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

CommissarMega posted:

Kinda reminds me of this:

I like Commie's stuff unironically.

Does anyone have the version of this that uses the Awkward Zombie comic? It was like eight or nine different ways to translate Eat Your Hamburgers Apollo.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Does anyone have the version of this that uses the Awkward Zombie comic? It was like eight or nine different ways to translate Eat Your Hamburgers Apollo.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm more partial to this particular "throw everything at it" remix. Mildly NSFW, I guess? It'd certainly get you weird looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RKdIqotUu4

I have no idea how this kind of thing became a thing, but I'm so glad it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3IgwLT_mYc

(Wasn't there a "PYF silly mashup" thread at one point? If it's still around it might be time to revive it.)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Thank you kindly!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

LMAO at someone getting so loving salty over Nippon Ichi Software, they published that POS Criminal Girls

Also LMAO at getting salty at Xseed translations.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What the...Bloodborne fanart that doesn't involve the Doll???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
What's that

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hylics.

Cool rear end game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
To me its a terrifying claymation nightmare. Its really unique in terms of the style but I'd probably have awful dreams if I played it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

those loving fishmen

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

The artist put helpful holes so you can print out the image, cut it out and put your fingers in there :buddy:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Got to ask what this is from.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Ramos posted:

Got to ask what this is from.

They're splicers from Bioshock, but I don't know what exactly they're doing.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

hard counter posted:

The artist put helpful holes so you can print out the image, cut it out and put your fingers in there :buddy:

My favorite Resident Evil character, Chris "Dickbutt" Redfield.

Also the splicer one is pretty sad, the first splicer is dead and the second one is just sleeping with him in her insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Also the splicer one is pretty sad, the first splicer is dead and the second one is just sleeping with him in her insanity

That's exactly it.

• Locked thread