Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Arli$$ was just godawful from top to bottom.

Edit: Holy poo poo, that show lasted SEVEN SEASONS?!? I coud have swore it was more like 2 or 3.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Holyshoot posted:

Look how wrong you are.

There is no Entourage 2 :unsmith:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I'm kind of sad about that, because if that abomination was what they came up with for Entourage 1, what the gently caress would the sequel have been?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

bcs also came back this week

That didn't do that well compared to last season's premiere, although certainly much much better than Vinyl

and yeah Michael Pitt has a reputation for being an rear end in a top hat

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Shame though since he's really good.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've read that they kinda sorta wrote Michael Pitt out of Boardwalk Empire by accident by putting his character into a situation where killing him off was the only viable option for him and they couldn't think of any alternative. Is that true or was it just an amusing story?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've read that they kinda sorta wrote Michael Pitt out of Boardwalk Empire by accident by putting his character into a situation where killing him off was the only viable option for him and they couldn't think of any alternative. Is that true or was it just an amusing story?

Well at the very least it was going to come down to his character or Buscemi's, and there was no other way that choice was going down.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's kinda true. It's one of Occ's favourite episodes because they actually follow through on that instead of inventing some convoluted scenario to keep him alive

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Gonz posted:

Arli$$ was just godawful from top to bottom.

Edit: Holy poo poo, that show lasted SEVEN SEASONS?!? I coud have swore it was more like 2 or 3.

That's what happens when networks listen to fan campaigns.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry Occ but I gotta agree with Mu here. s3 finale > s2 finale, even though I get your reasoning re not pussying out of the obvious choice although they probably set him up to die from the beginning of the season because Michael Pitt is a oval office

Oh come on that was just an (admittedly) cool action scene, the third season was the culmination of the entire show's arc. I was as surprised as anyone to see that the show managed to find something else to focus on for the remainder of the run (still waiting for the last season to end up on Amazon, Hulu, or Netflix).

EDIT: I can't express how funny I found the run-up to the Entourage movie was. Like "Vinny and the Boys" showing up on late night shows talking about how much fans needed the closure to the show's many arcs and the overwhelming need for a movie. It was great. How much did that movie make again?

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 18, 2016

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

FetusSlapper posted:

Last night's Nikki Glaser was kind of :yikes: but still hilarious.

This show really is NSFW and amazing

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

sbaldrick posted:

This show really is NSFW and amazing

I didn't know watching the first episode that it was going to focus mostly on sex, but I'm not exactly disappointed. I really don't want to see the uncensored version of the second episode on cc.com. Her "Real Person" interactions are right up there with Nathan For You for wtf moments/awkward hilarity, the other segments with the guest commentators(so far just comedians)discussions and the social media reactions have been fantastic. My only criticism is that it doesn't flow well segment to segment.

Its actually way more of a Dave Attell's Insomniac than an Inside Amy Schumer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FetusSlapper posted:

I didn't know watching the first episode that it was going to focus mostly on sex, but I'm not exactly disappointed. I really don't want to see the uncensored version of the second episode on cc.com. Her "Real Person" interactions are right up there with Nathan For You for wtf moments/awkward hilarity, the other segments with the guest commentators(so far just comedians)discussions and the social media reactions have been fantastic. My only criticism is that it doesn't flow well segment to segment.

Its actually way more of a Dave Attell's Insomniac than an Inside Amy Schumer.

Excuse me but you may have noticed that both shows are female-led?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Michael Pitt was just cast as The Laughing Man in the American Ghost in the Shell movie so hopefully he's not gonna gently caress that one up for everyone too.

whowhatwhere posted:

I'm kind of sad about that, because if that abomination was what they came up with for Entourage 1, what the gently caress would the sequel have been?

You know what's big right now? Cinematic universes.

When the Deadwood movie finally comes out, after the credits there's going to be a scene of Sarah Jessica Parker sauntering in and asking Al Swearengen if he's heard about the Home Box Office initiative.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sleeveless posted:

When the Deadwood movie finally comes out, after the credits there's going to be a scene of Sarah Jessica Parker sauntering in and asking Al Swearengen if he's heard about the Home Box Office initiative.

He then hits her, gives her a 10 minute speech about how she is a fucken cocksucking whore and put her to work in the Gem

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Whoa dude take it down a notch, that's Sarah Jessica Parker you're talking about.

He'd go "how'd this fuckin' horse get in my goddamn whorehouse?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Whoa dude take it down a notch, that's Sarah Jessica Parker you're talking about.

He'd go "how'd this fuckin' horse get in my goddamn whorehouse?"

You are right he would call the general over to take her back to the stable

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

Look how wrong you are.

:agreed:

Entourage is way worse than Arli$$ and easily the worst HBO show.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Review with Forrest MacNeil has just been canceled.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

less laughter posted:

After one more season

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

less laughter posted:

gently caress everything.

e: Don't scare me like that :gonk:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
less laughter you're a bad person

the third season is gonna be 'limited' due to Daly receiving network offers but we don't know what that means yet

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

bobkatt013 posted:

After one more season

Well it's only three 22-minute episodes, so it's more like an hour-long TV movie as a farewell gesture. Similar to Hello Ladies and such.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
HBO has renewed Vinyl for Season 2 already.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

less laughter posted:

Well it's only three 22-minute episodes, so it's more like an hour-long TV movie as a farewell gesture. Similar to Hello Ladies and such.

Have they announced that it will be 3? It could be anything from 3-8. His life can only get so much worse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Red_Museum posted:

Oops actually uh *looks at ratings* a whole bunch of Rock Band Extras died so we have to cancel it sorry!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Red_Museum posted:

Just like The Brink.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

less laughter posted:

Just like The Brink.

Escobarbarian posted:

less laughter you're a bad person

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Entourage is way worse than Arli$$ and easily the worst HBO show.

I don't know how anybody can have this opinion in a universe where John From Cincinnati exists.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

smg77 posted:

I don't know how anybody can have this opinion in a universe where John From Cincinnati exists.

You shut your mouth, John from Cincinnati was 'okay.'

Wikipedia's list of programs broadcast by HBO holds a lot of forgotten surprises like Mind of the Married Man and that terrible Spawn cartoon. And who outside of Australia ever enjoyed a Chris Lilley show?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep wondering how bad Arliss really was but it must be really bad because its not even included in the HBO Go library. Like even HBO wants us to forget it happened.

Which is saying a lot considering it keeps wanting me to watch another episode of Animals.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Huh, looking at that list, I never knew Ray Bradbury Theater was originally on HBO. I watched it on Sci-Fi all the time when I was a kid.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kaizoku posted:

And who outside of Australia ever enjoyed a Chris Lilley show?

Summer Heights High was awesome, but as time goes by and he makes more shows its seemingly a fluke.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaizoku posted:

You shut your mouth, John from Cincinnati was 'okay.'

Wikipedia's list of programs broadcast by HBO holds a lot of forgotten surprises like Mind of the Married Man and that terrible Spawn cartoon. And who outside of Australia ever enjoyed a Chris Lilley show?

Chris lilley shows are the fox news of Australian TV. Meaning it's brain candy for muppets.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Arli$$ was goddamn Shakespeare compared to Dream On. Who the gently caress thought Brian Benben could act? George Lucas in Radioland Murders

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

STAC Goat posted:

I keep wondering how bad Arliss really was but it must be really bad because its not even included in the HBO Go library. Like even HBO wants us to forget it happened.

Which is saying a lot considering it keeps wanting me to watch another episode of Animals.

Weirdly enough, I actually really liked that first episode of Animals.

...who am I kidding, that's not weird at all. I think I'm just daring people to call me out for my lack of shame at this point.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Hey gang, thread friend VDay here. Vikings is back tonight and is a show that you should watch.

Speaking of which, History Channel has integrated a new, subtle marketing strategy. See if you can spot the ad during this scene from Vikings. It's pretty subtle so you might have to maximize the screenshot and study it for a few minutes.

"Hey VDay, I just barely spotted that but it's probably not that bad. I mean, it's not like that thing was animated right?" you might be thinking. Don't worry fellow thread friend, it totally was.

"Hey you know what's not a totally dead revenue stream? Intrusive internet-style banner ads! Everyone loves those!"

(you should still watch Vikings, it is A Good Show)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Well at least it's on brand, since actual vikings also did all their shopping at Home Depot.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'd honestly prefer that to "stop the video and watch this ad" stuff. As long as it wasn't covering anything important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wanna make a thread for LOVE just to give it the subtitle "We're not friends. His cum is still inside of me."

• Locked thread