Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I'm pretty done with P3 and P4 at this point, please bring out P5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like FeMC a lot but I don't know that I like her enough to care about P3 again

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I never want to see P3 and P4 again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm excited for P5, and enjoyed P4 for what it was, but P3 will always hold a place in my heart because I played a lot of FES when I was a brokebrained teen. It spoke to me emotionally

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I played P3 FES two years ago when I was perpetually worried about my future in college and it's helped me through a lot of those fears. It's my personal favorite Persona game too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make another remake of P1 with Social Links

>You and Mark both danced crazy.
>You feel your relationship is getting stronger.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If I could get a remastered Persona 3 on my PS4 I would buy it in a heartbeat, same with Persona 4. Both of the games are my favorite RPG's (but P3 is a slight favorite because of the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) because of their story, music and the gameplay is hands down my favorite from any game, rpg or otherwise. Persona 5 can't come fast enough

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
P4G might very well be my favorite Atlus game but I think I'm more or less done with it, I put some 130 hours into it on the Vita and can't imagine going through it again on the PS4 or whatever.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd be down for this. Of all my many misgivings with P1 I could kind of tell it had a decentish story underneath all of the awful localization, so an update with a normal localization and far better gameplay would do a lot to salvage it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've never played P1, P2, or P2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What a fuckin scrub

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

projecthalaxy posted:

I've never played P1, P2, or P2.

Back in the 90s when Blockbuster was getting rid of all of it's old PS1 games I got a used copy of P2: Eternal Punishment bundled with Pamela Anderson's V.I.P. for like 10 bucks.
It's clear which was the superior game.

(I actually thought I was buying Clock Tower 2, it was a very lucky mistake. Couldn't handle all the grinding necessary to completely clear the game, though.)

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I only played 3 so I would know who the gently caress those people in P4A were.

It was fine.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I am going to play Persona 3 again before 5 comes out, because it is insanely good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think if I played p3 as a Yung Weeb I would probably like it a lot more

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

P3 isn't perfect but I had fun with it and it has a real good ending

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I never beat p3fes so i will play it again when its on ps4

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
memories of you is better than never more

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like P4's plot/theme a lot more than P3's, but I like the P3 cast more, especially the FeMC supporting SLs. :shrug:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only thing that P4 does better than P3 is the setting, since Inaba is a lot more memorable than Something Something City

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

The only thing that P4 does better than P3 is the setting, since Inaba is a lot more memorable than Something Something City

It did fishing better than P3.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Persona 5 kept getting delayed because they were adding a female protagonist option.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

TurnipFritter posted:

Persona 5 kept getting delayed because they were adding a female protagonist option.

To p4platinum

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blhue posted:

To p4platinum

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 kept getting delayed because it's bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm paying Atlus to delay P5.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Baal posted:

Persona 5 kept getting delayed because it's great.
Fixed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's going to be bad and I'll laugh when it happens.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's just going to be Catherine but with dungeons instead of puzzles.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

In a twist nobody saw coming, all the currently advertised characters die immediately and the actual game is just about Bèbe and the Funky Student having boring adventures.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

In a twist nobody saw coming, all the currently advertised characters die immediately and the actual game is just about Bèbe and the Funky Student having boring adventures.

I made a similar joke except the cast of Persona 4 come to investigate who the mysterious masked thieves are and have wacky adventures while doing so because everyone isn't sick of the Persona 4 cast, right?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

How could adventures with Funky Student possibly be boring?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

How could adventures with Funky Student possibly be boring?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Persona 5 or 6 to 4

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, my deepest wish. There'S even already enough characters to fill the Social Link Roster.

The Fool: The Team, of course.
The Magician: Yuka Ayase
The High Priestess: Maki Sonomura
The Empress: Yukino, best girl
The Emperor:
The Hierophant: Kei Nanjo, the Number 1
The Lovers:
The Chariot: Mark
Strength:
The Hermit:
Wheel of Fortune:
Justice: Brown
The Hanged Man:
Death:
Temperance:
The Devil: Reiji Kido
The Tower:
The Star:
The Moon:
The Sun:
Judgement: Eriko Kirishima
The World: Plot event

So there's only 12 slots left to fill, with plenty of characters to fill the ranks: Tamaki and Tadashi, Tsutomu (devil boy), Toro (the fat student), Yosuke (boy stuck in the other world), Chisato (harem queen), Yuko (Maki's friend), Saeko (the teacher), Natsumi (the nurse), Maki's mom, Trish the money fairy (equivalent to the Fox), Doctor Nicholai, etc.

The hardest part would be modifying the story so it takes place in Mikage over a year instead of in false Mikage in one day.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Social links are bad. It's really bad to force everyone's character development into ten bite-sized packages that take place in a vacuum entirely disconnected from the main storyline.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Freak Futanari posted:

Social links are bad. It's really bad to force everyone's character development into ten bite-sized packages that take place in a vacuum entirely disconnected from the main storyline.

I hate them op

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Social links are fun!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

i agree, for the most part, although i think it's fine for like random classmates who wouldn't have a part otherwise

i would rather p5 either not give party members links and have the development in the main story, or find a way to integrate them better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

i agree, for the most part, although i think it's fine for like random classmates who wouldn't have a part otherwise

Yeah, it's okay for random people who don't matter, but having your party members partitioned off into their own little ten-episode universes is basically Ultra AIDS for video game writing