Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

They've updated the pool to include Turles but AFAIK, even in Japan, the pool is stuck in this state.

The pool thing worked out in my favour last WT. Basically got a free SSR STR SSJ Trunks because of it.

Whoa, that's good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'm just hoping I get an INT SSR from the ticket, I have at least one of every type except INT. I've been having to keep King Vegeta or Bulma in my team to cover that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guess they did a round of bannings. I just went from ~2500 to ~2300 without playing much.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I'm just hoping I get an INT SSR from the ticket, I have at least one of every type except INT. I've been having to keep King Vegeta or Bulma in my team to cover that.

I've found that you're better off dropping a color to run a card with better synergy. Especially for better links like Shocking Speed or the like.

Got my 80 wins and got Oolong and Bunny Bulma from my tickets! Also a King Chappa, but hell yes.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 18, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

ChronoReverse posted:

They've updated the pool to include Turles but AFAIK, even in Japan, the pool is stuck in this state.

The pool thing worked out in my favour last WT. Basically got a free SSR STR SSJ Trunks because of it.

Good to know. I'm at 99 wins, waiting for that last bit of stamina to recharge...

Edit: booo I got INT SSJ future trunks

zelah fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 18, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

zelah posted:

Good to know. I'm at 99 wins, waiting for that last bit of stamina to recharge...

Edit: booo I got INT SSJ future trunks

Future Trunks is a hard card for me to complain about. High natural attack, self +2 ki passive, Golden Warrior and Z-Fighters. I mean, he's not Golden Frieza or SSJ Adult Gohan, but he's pretty good.

I mean, keep in mind there only 8 INT natural SSRs. Whis is probably the worst, due to his narrow links.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 18, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
You have to love those gold DB saga cards - got the 3 for pulling 80 wins.

Three Rs. Two I already had. :(

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I guess you're right. It finally gives me a proper rainbow UR SSJ team too. I was just hoping for something new and flashy.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Webbeh posted:

Cozz you are my loving hero.

You should have no problem making 100 with those fodder characters on-map and training medals.

I don't know if I"m a hero, or just someone who plays (and has spent) a lot on this game. I did easily get SSGSS Goku to 100, and then because he is WEAK (at least with the team I had), I threw a AGL Max Power Roshi onto the team. That passive is nice, but he was just not doing enough damage.

I decided to retry the Buu team, this time with PHY Majin Buu as the leader, and after rereading that STR Beerus had Innocents, decide to throw him and INT Whis on the team. I do not anticipate having the need of healing, the only weakling on the team being MR. Buu (since he's an SSR*). The points aren't as big as Team Turles/Over in a Flash, and I'm not using a lot of KI up items due to being low on them, but it's something different.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I want to like the SSGSS cards, given that I have both Vegetas, but they don't really do much besides hit stuff pretty hard most of the time. The lack of ki support and other synergy really hurts them, since their big benefit is the +super passive.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Finally got 100 wins, use the GSSR ticket and got INT Whis... dupe. Well that was disappointing flip side I'm at rank 2559, so I should be able to coast tomorrow.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still have a dozen to go to hit 100, but I'm at rank 1690, so I'm pretty confident in getting a Goku. Hopefully I get something new with my SSR tickets.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
11 way from 100, still in the top 6000.

:sigh:

At least I've gotten 30-40 fodder for new characters. Really excited for that!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've used a ton of the fodder cards so far. Maxed out a bunch of unawakened cards for Z-Awakening at my later leisure. Didn't really note the value before, but they're a good thing to grab, if you can.

Also up over 10 million zeni, which sounds like a lot more than it is.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Also up over 10 million zeni, which sounds like a lot more than it is.
44 million zeni sitting around for me but that's because I don't have SSR's to upgrade, haha.

Now that the friend points summons also gives you awakened characters, I usually just draw twenty and feed them all with items and training locations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I usually use up the fodder characters pretty quickly, since I have plenty of characters I still need to level up/Z-Awaken. I only keep them around if I don't have any characters of that type to level up (usually INTs).

Looks like we're getting Teen Sword Trunks strike event and Mr. Popo training. Does anyone know what type Trunks is?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think he's STR. He's got the link for the Cell Games raid, if it's the one I think it is.

Man, what the gently caress? I guess all the Broly folks benched him once they got to 100 wins. I've only seen a handful today, makes running double Broly round 1s a hassle. Maybe I'll switch to a different team and level up some other SSRs or something.

Edit: I'm pretty sure GT SSJ Gohan is junk. Also? Doing this without Broly is a lot more work for like half the points.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 18, 2016

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are there any good RT3K gacha games in english

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
hello 100 wins

hello TEQ Whis, you are loving beautiful looking card

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are there any good RT3K gacha games in english

A cursory Play Store search doesn't make it look like there is, sadly. Looks like a variety of barely themed ripoffs. Shame, you could probably make some serious cash selling Lu Bus if you out a half decent game around it.

I played Haunted Empire a while back. I thought it was okay, nothing special. My major complaint was the characters talked too drat much, but otherwise was an alright little game.

Maybe iOS has something better?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 18, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
If my math is correct (which it could not be), I'd need to run 60 battles in 6 hours to catch up to someone on my friends list who is the upper 70's, so I have no shot of getting into the top 100. So I'm going to take it easy, since I have a bunch of fodder for my guaranteed SSR when the rewards are given out, and I could probably level up the other character if Training in the Clouds Go live.

Obviously, my hope for the SSR would be Broly, but I don't think he's in the world tournament pool. I'd like to see a new SSR, but since I'm currently at 34 SSR's (25 non Dokkan Awakened ones), the odds are I'm going to see a duplicate.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I made it to 100 wins but I'll use my ticket once I get my other SSR ticket. Also for those who play the JPN version too, they put up a Xenoverse summon that has SSRs of Demmigra, Towa, Mira, SSJ Xeno Trunks and an SR Supreme Kai of time. They also put up a strike event for an SR Xeno trunks that looks surprisingly good too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, I'm almost rank 4000 now, down from 1800 this morning. I think I might have to play some more to make sure I stay top 5000

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got my 100 (finally). Rank 1458 as of now. Probably won't drop 3500 ranks in 3 hours.

My SSR from the ticket was a duplicate Golden Frieza. Totally not worth it. Hopefully my other one is something new and Kaioken Goku should be solid, at least.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
4300, okay I'm going to have to play through until the end.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is the best bet to just play the 1st round, retire, repeat?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Trunks isn't too bad on Z-Hard. Seems like he has a decent chunk of HP, but he's not the brick wall that Grandpa Gohan is. Z-Hard even adds a Goku after him for a little bonus XP.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just hope I made it under 10,000

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Training in the Clouds is pretty great. Popo is worth 30k exp and is trivial. I also got a Kid Goku on my third run. He's equally trivial and is worth 50k exp. I also think the map might have a move number bias, I was getting a lot of 1-3s, but it could have just been luck.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I've been getting 1-3 as well. I think that is by design because getting a 6 in this stage would be cruel.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm adding "murdering Metal Coolers" to the list of things Broly is good at.

And for fighting 5 at a time, the drop rate on Metal Cooler sucks. At least I've gotten a Trunks already.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 19, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Cool - single pull on 5dstones got me Kaioken Goku AGL.

where the gently caress was this guy during the broly event

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I did a 50 pull on the new gacha and got two SR Coolas, at least, so I'm pleased enough. They even were thoughtful enough to include the event for grinding the dokan medals you need :toot:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got 3 of that new SSJ Vegeta in one multi. I am pretty sure he is bad. Prepared for Battle, my rear end, he tops out at 5400 attack. That's 200 more than Bunny Bulma and she has a +2000 attack passive added on to massively outclass him. I think that's more a testament to how good Bunny Bulma is, but still.

I'm trying to imagine the team for him and I don't see it, he has to hit Prodigies and Saiyan Warrior Race to break 7k. SSJ2 and Majin Vegeta don't have Prodigies, SSGSS Vegeta doesn't have Saiyan Warrior Race, and the various other Vegeta cards hit harder than he does! The INT SSJ Vegeta with Prepared for Battle at least has the courtesy to have 6400 attack at max level.

Also, they should have given Oolong Over in a Flash rather than his one-off +5ki passive. Would have been way funnier that way. He also hits harder than the new SSJ Vegeta, incidentally. Especially if he hits the DragonBall links.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If I'm closing in on enough stones for another multi-pull, would the Cooler or GT Gacha be a better choice?

Also when are World Tournament rewards gotten?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Got enough stones this morning to do my Guaranteed SSR pull from the half-year celebration. I got SSGSS Vegeta. On the one hand, it's nice because the only non-UR card in my team was AGL SS Goten, and having Vegeta step in means I have a full UR Rainbow team. But on the other hand, Vegeta's links are a little worse with my team (not having Kamehameha, and not being related to Goku and Gohan sets him back).

So now I'm debating whether having a pretty hard hitting UR AGL is better than having a not so hard hitting, but pretty consistently good, SSR instead.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Oh Snapple! posted:

If I'm closing in on enough stones for another multi-pull, would the Cooler or GT Gacha be a better choice?

Tournament rewards should be going out sometime tomorrow I think?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'd be tempted to say hold off. The GT cards are probably better, but I haven't been impressed with my average pull from either.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Kelp Plankton posted:

Tournament rewards should be going out sometime tomorrow I think?

Should be late tonight (2-5am EST I think).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I'd be tempted to say hold off. The GT cards are probably better, but I haven't been impressed with my average pull from either.

Decided to wait but to throw a single pull at the Cooler machine just to see what I'd get.

Got Cooler, so I'm pretty okay with it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I got a piccolo during the popo event. He gives 70000 exp. I also picked up a Kaioshin from one of the gold capsules

Also I'm so mad at the tournament. I got 92 wins and then the system just kept slowing and the game was unplayable (2hrs left).

My only hope for a Goku is to get 666x as my rank