Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Garen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Poppy is also 450 IP, fun, and can fit 3 roles.

Also Trundle isn't too much IIRC, biting people and braining them with a club is also a fun thing to do

I feel you tho, grinding IP sucks especially when you first hit 30

el dingo fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 19, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i built a zhonyas and then waited for them to go on me and when they did i hit the button and then my irelia and mid sin pooped on them and we just did that a few times and won

third item zhonyas kog

the ultimate in pranking technology

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm not even 30 yet, it's a horrible negative feedback cycle where I keep thinking that I should just go ahead and grind away to get to the fun part of the game but then I realize that to do so I'd have to play the unfun part.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i also did a quick search on reddit and the official reasoning behind no solo queue yet is that they're busy fixing bugs a minority of players are experiencing and adding in features like purchasing skins, and .
something tells me a lot of random new features are about to start popping up for champ select in the next few months

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not even 30 yet, it's a horrible negative feedback cycle where I keep thinking that I should just go ahead and grind away to get to the fun part of the game but then I realize that to do so I'd have to play the unfun part.

Don't grind, just try to get your daily win bonus every day. It's better to play 14 games (assuming average 50% winrate) over the course of a week than it is to play thirty games in a day (seriously, I just checked the wiki and did some math)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lady Naga posted:

What server are you on?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

el dingo posted:

What server are you on?

North America.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm partial to both Sion and Taric as top lane tanks. Although I prefer Sion in jungle because it feels better to me and I'm awful at actually laning with Sion.

Most important thing with Sion is if you ult you should commit, no stopping until you hit someone or a wall. Of course if you stop so that you hit an enemy this is fine too. Taric on the other hand is pretty straight forward and with the number of ad champions people gravitate towards he's a pretty good choice, plus if you need magic resist spirit visage is silly on him as your one magic resist item.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

North America.

eBay, "NA League of Legends level 30"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

eBay, "NA League of Legends level 30"

I'm 150 in the hole already I can't afford to buy from shady account resellers you nut.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Right, I got that.

So how would you want to play him? Obviously he could have really good ganks Post-6, and with his speed boost+E slow+Stalker's blade he would be drat hard to get away from for basically everyone. And he could essentially counterjungle extremely quickly with his Q, maybe using Poacher's Knife to lay down a lot more vision?

What kind of build would you go? Since swifties are getting nerfed and he really likes MPen, I would assume Runic Echoes>Sorc Shoes>Haunting Guise/Rylai's? Depending on what your team needed maybe switch out the early damage of Rylai's for a RoA and then go a little tankier?

Haven't played him lately, but I got rumble to mastery 5 from pure jungling when the lichbane jungle item was around.

Assuming his itemization hasn't changed much, just get runic and then the core flat pen items (guise, sorc boots, abyssal), with a zhonyas and a flex last item (prob either tank or rabadons). Never get void staff with the pen items - it's a trap.

His base damages in danger zone are really strong, plus he has one of the more impactful jungler ults, so you want to worry more about doing true damage than scaling his ap.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lady Naga posted:

I'm 150 in the hole already I can't afford to buy from shady account resellers you nut.

lol They're a business, even some are automated. It's not some random guy selling his one account. Just look it up.

You spent 150 on an account that's not even 30 yet? Dayum son

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That makes me curious - how much have you spent on LoL, goons? I've only dropped £20 on this account. I had another years ago, I don't think Oceania server existed then so I have no idea where the account is or if it even exists anymore but I think I spent around 100 on that one. I miss pink Taric and matador alistar badly

I want skins damnit but I'm such a dirty poor.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I could ask support for an exact amount but I definitely don't want to

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I would guess about 50 to 60 Euros. Seems about right, although I am still sitting on nearly 2000 RP that I might never spend.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

el dingo posted:

That makes me curious - how much have you spent on LoL, goons? I've only dropped £20 on this account. I had another years ago, I don't think Oceania server existed then so I have no idea where the account is or if it even exists anymore but I think I spent around 100 on that one. I miss pink Taric and matador alistar badly

I want skins damnit but I'm such a dirty poor.

If you log on to the old account you can transfer to oce for free

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Don't live there anymore, I'm on an EUW account now that I made years ago shortly after moving here. Stopped for a couple of years, when I went to recover my current account a few months ago it was the only one showing up tied to my email.

E: I dunno maybe I should email support about it and move it to OCE for the rare occasions I'm home but :effort:

el dingo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 19, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

I hate to break it to you but there is no such thing as "fun part".

You have reached peak fun at level 5 when you fought against bots and had no idea what to do. It's all downhill from there.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bholder posted:

You have reached peak fun at level 5 when you fought against bots and had no idea what to do. It's all downhill from there.

Actually league rules when you get to do this to the dumb rear end hole laner on the other team https://vine.co/v/MZmwQn02lDu

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

That makes me curious - how much have you spent on LoL, goons?

$0

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Riot needs tags in game to identify you filthy league hobos

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Bholder posted:

I wish everyone would gently caress off with the "league isn't fun guys seriously" poo poo because it's become trite and obnoxious, and tends to diffuse any real discussion on the game.

The game is fun only what you make of it, you will have bad games and idiotic teammates but that is literally every multiplayer game ever so get over it you loving babbies.

And if you're not having fun or enjoying it you can uninstall the game and play a different one so you can bitch about how unfun that other game is in that game's thread instead.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i have like 250 skins so i think i'd rather die than know how much i've spent on this poo poo

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
lee sin is the funnest champion
https://streamable.com/v8za

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If you've used the same email for your entire account life you can go back to your inbox and search filter some combination of League / Riot / Riot Points / Purchase and then tally up the money from the email receipts.

You shouldn't do this, but I mean, you can.

e: I just did mine and it's $885. Thank god I throw out receipts for bar tabs. Still that's only ~$17/mo for as long as I've been playing. About the same as an MMO sub would be and I've certainly sunk the hours into this game let's be real.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 19, 2016

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Is there a Malz whisperer in the thread that has any of the hot tips that aren't immediately obvious like "don't cancel your own ult"?

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
I buy every skin I want, but I still can't resist mystery skins every time they're available.

Help me, I think I have a problem.

DearYou41
Jun 14, 2013

IXIX posted:

Is there a Malz whisperer in the thread that has any of the hot tips that aren't immediately obvious like "don't cancel your own ult"?

Start Q and cast it three times in fountain, AA each of the first three melee minions a couple times and use your 4th Q on them, the voidling will chew through them and the caster minions. Max E asap, put one point in W before 6 to combo with your ult if you can, max Q after E and R. Play as safe as you can til you have three points in E and it can start eating through waves. Try not to Ignite til your ult is actually finished, it's easy to jump the gun and cancel your own ult. Buy an extra vision ward on each back in the laning phase and keep both bushes lit up and try not to push forward unless the jungler and mid are both down, Malz is screwed if you get ganked and flash is down.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Libertine posted:

If you've used the same email for your entire account life you can go back to your inbox and search filter some combination of League / Riot / Riot Points / Purchase and then tally up the money from the email receipts.

You shouldn't do this, but I mean, you can.

e: I just did mine and it's $885. Thank god I throw out receipts for bar tabs. Still that's only ~$17/mo for as long as I've been playing. About the same as an MMO sub would be and I've certainly sunk the hours into this game let's be real.
I stopped once I hit $500. I don't need to know.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i know I spent $70. I've been playing on and off for 3 years. I hate animes and as a result most skins. My fav is sherwood ashe, which could probably just be a chroma thing now. I just wish her hair was blonde in the model. Maybe I should write a letter to support?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

DearYou41 posted:

Try not to Ignite til your ult is actually finished, it's easy to jump the gun and cancel your own ult.

Everything in this post is A+ good advice that I fully endorse but I'll also add that if you're in range to ignite while ulting, you can ignite without canceling ult. Malz ult outranges ignite, though, so attempting to ignite during a max range ult makes you walk forward a bit. It's useful to toss ignite on mid-ult if possible to catch people before they try to dash/flash away

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I've probably spent $400+, but I've been playing this game for six years and the only champ I ever bought with RP was Nocturne when I was drunk and a friend convinced me to buy him and his Halloween ghost skin when it first came out.

I've bought so many mystery skins that in ARAM I have a solid chance of having a skin for any champ I get. And I own every champ.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

lol They're a business, even some are automated. It's not some random guy selling his one account. Just look it up.

You spent 150 on an account that's not even 30 yet? Dayum son

Nah I owe the bank money. Let this be a lesson kids: send the bank their mail on time!

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Stupid phone double post.

Galio is the best champ in the game because Alex Ich set a CS record on him back in like S2

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think I've spent more on this game than every goon who has posted so far, combined

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Magres posted:

Don't grind, just try to get your daily win bonus every day. It's better to play 14 games (assuming average 50% winrate) over the course of a week than it is to play thirty games in a day (seriously, I just checked the wiki and did some math)

To be a true champion and maximize your IP gains just play 30 games every day! :shepicide:

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015

blah_blah posted:

First game new Kog'Maw:

This champion is disgusting.

My thoughts...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

blah_blah posted:

First game new Kog'Maw:

This champion is disgusting.

The braum/kog lane is nasty as hell right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Get a ip boost and take some adderol and stay up for 24 hours to hit 30 quickly

• Locked thread