Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

^^--that seems...like an unwise video to post

Gary Bettman is basically as bad as Roger Goodell or maybe worse. There have been 3 lockouts while he's been commissioner and he keeps trying to force hockey on the south where people don't give a poo poo about it. There's also plenty of bizarre suspension decisions in the NHL, while he doesn't directly handle those like Goodell most of the time he still gets the blame.

I was thinking it was a specific him loving Philly for some reason thing, but good on them anyways.

Also American Crime Story continues to be awesome and whoever asked about Sarah Paulson, shes great and might be the first person on basic cable to ever say "mother fucker" without a bleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
^ Why?

Edit: Post is for Gritty

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Gary Bettman is basically as bad as Roger Goodell or maybe worse. There have been 3 lockouts while he's been commissioner and he keeps trying to force hockey on the south where people don't give a poo poo about it. There's also plenty of bizarre suspension decisions in the NHL, while he doesn't directly handle those like Goodell most of the time he still gets the blame.
hey i want hockey rear end in a top hat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gary Bettman is the worst commissioner and it isn't even close

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Gary Bettman singlehandedly killed my interest in NHL with his multiple incompetence-causing lockouts. And stupid rule changes :(. Also Bettman literally looks like a loving weasel. Hockey used to be my favorite spectator sport, but gently caress hockey now. I haven't watched a game in like 3 years. Also it used to be considered one of the Big 4 pro sports, now its not even on the radar of ESPN

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DrunkPanda posted:

Gary Bettman singlehandedly killed my interest in NHL with his multiple incompetence-causing lockouts. And stupid rule changes :(. Also Bettman literally looks like a loving weasel. Hockey used to be my favorite spectator sport, but gently caress hockey now. I haven't watched a game in like 3 years. Also it used to be considered one of the Big 4 pro sports, now its not even on the radar of ESPN

ESPN doesn't promote hockey because they don't have any TV contracts with hockey. Hockey gets tons of coverage on NBCSports and Fox Sports

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Maybe nhl would be cool again if the whalers came back

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Never got into hockey as a Seattle sports fan, and now hockey-curious given how much the league is looking at the city. My main problem getting into it is that I have little idea who everyone is and they almost all have difficult to pronounce names. As with any sport, the main problem getting into it is who everyone is, but the difficulty is compounded in hockey since almost all the names are Russian/Finnish/Swedish/Eastern European. Fun as hell to go to a game, though - way better than watching on TV, it really gets you to appreciate the kinetic nature of the sport.

That being said, gently caress Bettman with a tire iron. I may wait to get into hockey until he's gone.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just watched the Broke 30 for 30 and the contrast between Keith McCants and Andre Rison is amazing. Just look at McCants body language throughout that interview. Dude is in a plain brown t-shirt, totally slumped over and can barely seem to look at the camera. Meanwhile, Rison shows up wearing shades and a suit and looking sharp, and recounts everything as if there were just some wild days that he pulled out of unscathed (he didn't) and is happily reminiscing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

shiksa posted:

Grouper is a cool fish to eat. Had a fair amount of grouper in key West earlier this year. Had more Street drinking though. Street drinking is the greatest thing ever.

poo poo I walk everywhere in Chicago, if Street drinking were legal here I'd never be sober

hello chicago friend

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bad Moon posted:

I heard lion fish is delicious and also cool to kill en mass because they are invasive voracious pests.

If you have extra lion fish on your boat it increases your limit for snapper and grouper, simply because they want them gone. Very invasive.

But super yummy

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is Shady a team captain? Doesn't matter he is now.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Skwirl posted:

shes great and might be the first person on basic cable to ever say "mother fucker" without a bleep.

woah there

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My attitude re: Lionfish is that you can never trust a fish with a moustache.

Mr. Darsie posted:

woah there

I hope Gabbert pulls a Kirk "implausibly good half season" Cousins comeback and markets Woah There. I'd buy that shirt.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
oh dan

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB8xb2SJFXdeuhBxTWblYRX7jspCo50dkOwfL40/

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Eifert Posting posted:

Counterpoint: Catfish

Also in sports news, Stephen Tulloch tweeted about his time with Detroit being over, and is probably getting released any day now. Good luck dude, try not to hurt yourself in any more celebrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 19, 2016

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ross Angeles posted:

ESPN doesn't promote hockey because they don't have any TV contracts with hockey. Hockey gets tons of coverage on NBCSports and Fox Sports

And who's fault is that? I don't even know what NBC Sports or Fox Sports is.... does anyone?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DrunkPanda posted:

And who's fault is that? I don't even know what NBC Sports or Fox Sports is.... does anyone?

hockey fans apparently

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I would've flown to Denver this weekend to watch Avs/Wings at Coors Field if ticket prices weren't so astronomical :smith:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Counterpoint: Catfish

I have a scar on my hand from when one finned me around age 10. Fish fillets are yummy, but vengeance fillets are heavenly.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

Do you live in a cave?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Grittybeard posted:

Yes but something told me to read the first couple of comments and the first one is:

shortstackJMD96 posted:

drat bro, if you go to jail, you DEFINITELY losing your virginity

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DrunkPanda posted:

watch college hockey instead, it loving owns

Go Sioux

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Loved this, thanks for posting.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I would've flown to Denver this weekend to watch Avs/Wings at Coors Field if ticket prices weren't so astronomical :smith:

Haha it's going to be 65 degrees Saturday. Nothing like some of the blizzard games I've seen. While browsing, that is, I don't actually watch hockey.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This was a great read. Thanks

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Heath Miller just retired

:smith:

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Blarfk posted:

I became a Steelers fan this year after having some of them on my fantasy team. That sucks.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
New idea, stop being a Steelers fan and be a chargers fan instead

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Better idea: Get in on the ground floor rooting for THE OUTLAW Jesse James

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Blarfk posted:

Godspeed, you sure-handed, slow battle tank :patriot:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ammanas posted:

New idea, stop being a Steelers fan and be a chargers fan instead

Lol yeah, I will switch to a winless hobo team 3200 miles away from home

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Not even kidding, I will be a Steelers fan the day Big Ben retires. Because gently caress him.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dubious posted:

watch college hockey instead, it loving owns

Go Hawks

Ftfy

Go Lions

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I will never be more upset at hockey than I was last night when Paul Maurice, a coach got ejected for swearing because a ref made at awful call. I will probably match that when the Jets leave Winnipeg again though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Double Post because actual football news the Rams cut Chris Long, Jared Cook and James Laurinaitis

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Release-Laurinaitis-Long-and-Cook/1ef7af37-d973-4748-82f8-70c1df7baeaa

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Not even kidding, I will be a Steelers fan the day Big Ben retires. Because gently caress him.

The problem with this is that there will probably never be a time or team without a shithead on the roster, known or unkown. I rationalize by reasoning that I was a hometown fan before and will be after, regardless of who is on the current team. Just my 2 cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Bye Cool heath.

• Locked thread