Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Kinda disappointed at everything but the tetsutetsu vs. gasmask fight really.

I was hoping for a more lasting consequence to someone getting an arm removed and having it become just another serious, but not permanent injury takes some of the previous impact away. It's not like it's a surprise that the villains aren't winning outright but this is the third time they have been routed pretty thoroughly. It is starting to get old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Brought To You By posted:

I was hoping for a more lasting consequence to someone getting an arm removed and having it become just another serious, but not permanent injury takes some of the previous impact away. It's not like it's a surprise that the villains aren't winning outright but this is the third time they have been routed pretty thoroughly. It is starting to get old.

I think the excuse will be that the attack happening at all in lieu of UA's security precautions and the aftermath of Aizawa authorizing them for combat will overshadow the fact that a really organized group of villains who knew how to fight (one who had recorded kills on pro heroes, nevermind the others with recorded murders) and executed a well-planned ambush got mopped up without too much difficulty.

Not sure how that's going to spur recruitment drives after the second complete "party wipe" to a bunch of kids and pros with comparatively weak quirks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

You know, that kid Midoriya saved must have some conflicting feelings about the dude who murdered both his parents being defeated by a high school student hero-in-training. He doesn't know the true nature of Deku's quirk, so to him it must seem like both his parents combined were just weaker than a high school student.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ytlaya posted:

You know, that kid Midoriya saved must have some conflicting feelings about the dude who murdered both his parents being defeated by a high school student hero-in-training. He doesn't know the true nature of Deku's quirk, so to him it must seem like both his parents combined were just weaker than a high school student.

Then again he also just saw Deku's arms turn to pulp from the force of hitting that dude. He might understand.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I think they'll probably succeed in kidnapping Kacchan

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Law Cheetah posted:

I think they'll probably succeed in kidnapping Kacchan
Seems kinda early for something like that to happen but it would be interesting.

Also, it'd be horrifying for the kids and teachers who don't know about All For One/Noumus. Getting turned into a Noumu is kinda worse than death but it's not technically DEATH (and you could hold out hope it was reversible). I also doubt they'd think they kidnapped him to turn him to the dark side per se.

Which means if I was them the only conclusion I'd be left with is they kidnapped him to do insanely horrible poo poo to him- like execute him ISIS style or torture him or something really hideous.

And Midoriya again will be the only one who likely knows the potential truth. I suppose AFO could just take Bakugou's quirk in the event he refused to work with them and dump him off somewhere; leaving him quirkless. That'd be ironic.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 19, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I really do want there to be a scene where they try to tempt Bakugou to the side of Villainy, promising him power and whatnot, only from him to say "Nah", and start exploding faces.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

And Midoriya again will be the only one who likely knows the potential truth. I suppose AFO could just take Bakugou's quirk in the event he refused to work with them and dump him off somewhere; leaving him quirkless. That'd be ironic.

Now I want to see this happen, and see him go on to become the character that so many people wished Deku had become. What I mean is have Bakugou stripped of his awesome quirk, which has been mentioned by a number of people as being an extremely powerful ability. Let him angst about it for a while, but then have him get over it and team up with the one gadget girl from the tournament to make a ton of explosive gear. He goes on to be just as effective a fighter using home made bombs and explosive tech as he was with his quirk.He becomes the Batman-esque character that so many people were looking for.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Bakugou losing his Quirk would be really cool actually.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Now I want to see this happen, and see him go on to become the character that so many people wished Deku had become. What I mean is have Bakugou stripped of his awesome quirk, which has been mentioned by a number of people as being an extremely powerful ability. Let him angst about it for a while, but then have him get over it and team up with the one gadget girl from the tournament to make a ton of explosive gear. He goes on to be just as effective a fighter using home made bombs and explosive tech as he was with his quirk.He becomes the Batman-esque character that so many people were looking for.

I was going to say this same idea. That would be neat even if I don't think it's going to happen.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Vengarr posted:

Bakugou losing his Quirk would be really cool actually.

I've been burned by Bleach on the "lose your powers" subplots too many times for that to ever sound like something I want, even in something good like MHA.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bakugou losing his powers would be bad

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chapter Out.

http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/079/3242/1

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

"yo, get hosed": the chapter

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

at this point i just want to see the final "kacchan" that broke the camel's back

kid is about to go loving postal over that nickname

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bakugou losing his quirk would be interesting because his whole superiority complex came about because even as a child his quirk was so much better than everyone else's and after always being told that his quirk was amazing and spectacular and all that, and he began to think of himself as the best because he was told his quirk was the best. Which is also why he began to bully Deku because he had no quirk and was thus the weakest.

So i think it'd be an interesting thing if he lost his quirk because of how that might play into his issues. But it's not going to happen anyway.

Also, this chapter was cool and it is neat that some side characters got a chance to shine. I hope we get a bit more out of everyone this arc as well, because it's a good chance to show off some characters outside of the main group.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, this chapter was cool and it is neat that some side characters got a chance to shine. I hope we get a bit more out of everyone this arc as well, because it's a good chance to show off some characters outside of the main group.

Yeah, the gasmask fight was really good for that. Both Tetsutetsu and Kendo were really cool there. I can only hope we get to see everyone's fights this time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

at this point i just want to see the final "kacchan" that broke the camel's back

kid is about to go loving postal over that nickname

Look at this guy who doesn't know Baron Explodakill. His "secret" is that he's always furious.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My only issue with the gas guy fight was that it seems like it should have been far easier to win. Why couldn't Tetsutetsu just continue bumrushing him after getting shot the first time (which obviously didn't do that much damage)? I understand him having trouble after not breathing for a while, but a minute or so is more than long enough for him to just run up and beat the guy down. And the girl using her hands to push away the gas seems so obvious it's weird she didn't just do that from the beginning.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

My only issue with the gas guy fight was that it seems like it should have been far easier to win. Why couldn't Tetsutetsu just continue bumrushing him after getting shot the first time (which obviously didn't do that much damage)? I understand him having trouble after not breathing for a while, but a minute or so is more than long enough for him to just run up and beat the guy down. And the girl using her hands to push away the gas seems so obvious it's weird she didn't just do that from the beginning.

Bullets have a lot of force behind them. Bulletproof vests stop penetration but result in broken ribs. Tetsutetsu was bumrushing him, but he kept getting pushed back because he had no real plan. As for pushing away the gas, the girl probably had to make sure she wasn't gonna get shot at first.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

HellCopter posted:

Bullets have a lot of force behind them. Bulletproof vests stop penetration but result in broken ribs. Tetsutetsu was bumrushing him, but he kept getting pushed back because he had no real plan. As for pushing away the gas, the girl probably had to make sure she wasn't gonna get shot at first.

Yeah, it was a surprisingly accurate depiction. Not like in a lot of manga where bullets are just lasers with a bit of lead behind them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why not just lead the berserk birdboy around and have him beat the gently caress out of the villains.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Why not just lead the berserk birdboy around and have him beat the gently caress out of the villains.

that only works until he catches you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's literally what they did tho

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
If Bakugou lost his power, he'd go loving mental, because like his entire identity, the core of his personality, is wrapped up in having a quirk and being a person with a quirk. He'd have a mental breakdown!

Also: really cool chapter, wow! Nice clever fights and I like how spiderteeth got punked in a single blow by Dark Shadow. That was fantastic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
birdboy is basically a shoggoth right now, you don't gently caress with enormous amorphous engines of destruction

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It would be very rude to keep Tokoyami in the immense pain he seems to be in and real heroes would save him rather than use his pain to their advantage to harm others.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The tooth guy has one of the neatest, most inventive superpowers I think I've ever seen. And it's extremely powerful to boot (though it seems like it makes his mouth look permanently hosed up).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let me do a little bit of shuffling around with this quote here...

Ytlaya posted:

The tooth guy has one of the... most...hosed up...superpowers
aaaaand done

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

Let me do a little bit of shuffling around with this quote here...
aaaaand done

Hey man, don't quirkshame. Not cool. <:mad:>

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DrSunshine posted:

If Bakugou lost his power, he'd go loving mental, because like his entire identity, the core of his personality, is wrapped up in having a quirk and being a person with a quirk. He'd have a mental breakdown!

Also: really cool chapter, wow! Nice clever fights and I like how spiderteeth got punked in a single blow by Dark Shadow. That was fantastic.

I would say that the core of his character is "I am the best." His quirk is a significant component of that, but I think his overriding sense of SUPERIORITY can overcome even that.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That was amazing. Kinda reminded me of Chopper going on a rampage during Enies Lobby.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Mr. Fowl posted:

I would say that the core of his character is "I am the best." His quirk is a significant component of that, but I think his overriding sense of SUPERIORITY can overcome even that.

Yeah, he's both studying hard and using natural athleticism to win everything. He strives to be #1

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wild Horses posted:

Yeah, he's both studying hard and using natural athleticism to win everything. He strives to be #1

And a huge part of that which people seem to be forgetting is that he couldn't deal with his own feeling that Deku was always looking down on him. Bakugou is all about finding some way to prove himself to himself, and he will likely never succeed.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
He needs to be more chill basically. And feel like it's ok to have friends or whatever.

Don't know what it would take, but taking his quirk would be the most "mediocre" way of resolving his struggle, by having him artificially sink to others "level".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Honestly, removing his quirk would probably just make Bakugou's issues worse.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I really like the little weekly/semi-weekly images Horikoshi does.

Midoriya can't not be awkward about Uraraka. Also I guess Uraraka's quirk works like Shigaraki's in that it works when she touches anything with all 5 fingers on one hand rather than her "manually" activating it when she touches something with them. Weird I didn't notice but she avoids touching stuff with all 5 fingers the same way Shigaraki does throughout the manga- she just favors lifting her pinky than her middle finger.

Weird he gets THOSE details right all the time but kinda forgets which limbs characters get impaled through in combat.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Some people just hold things while lifting a pinky

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Nahxela posted:

Totally true; but I guess this is in one of the newer volumes too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nahxela posted:

Only if you're British or mocking Tea Time.