Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Brightman posted:

Haven't some of the game overs held the key for story locks though? Or were those just the non-obvious ones? I might be misremembering though. At any rate I think if you look at the flow chart and the endings that have happened already then most of the game overs have probably been hit already.

Just one has thus far (Phi's), and that's because you immediately hit a plot lock on the other path that forced you to see that one to get past it. Primarily relevant so that Phi could bring up the whole Schrodinger's Cat thing while Sigma was going "what the gently caress is going on".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I for one love seeing all the alternate pathways and ends, especially the obvious ones, because they're pretty funny. Especially Clover just strolling out of there, going "I don't trust any of you, I'm getting OUT, toot toot". I don't want to see the True Ending before we've seen every other ending.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm not going to lie: seeing all these alternate pathways where everyone is gleefully an rear end in a top hat kinda soured me to the idea that we were supposed to care about most of them. By the end, I suppose there were maybe three characters I didn't feel upset towards, Sigma not included, and one of them spends most pathways sedated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sorry to doublepost, but on the topic of someone being a robot,

Fedule posted:

So? I am, aren't I? I can sure hear you well enough.
Every little word is reaching my ears, isn't it?

have we ever even seen Clover's ears in either game? :stare:

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm not going to lie: seeing all these alternate pathways where everyone is gleefully an rear end in a top hat kinda soured me to the idea that we were supposed to care about most of them. By the end, I suppose there were maybe three characters I didn't feel upset towards, Sigma not included, and one of them spends most pathways sedated.

Which is why I prefer 999 over Virtue's Last Reward. With 999, at least everyone's working together (having the effect of everyone being likeable in one way or another. Seven and Snake come to mind). With Virtue's Last Reward... eh, let's screw everyone over and have everyone screw Sigma over and try to make them likeable!

999 : Great Characters
Virtue's Last Reward: Meh

Edit: Also, Clover is a soulless robot that can function with no ear-like function :cthulhu:. Plot Twist!

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 14, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Well you have to consider the situation of 999 compared to VLR. 999 they were on a sinking boat and there was more of a teamwork angle to it because they were all stuck in the same situation together. VLR they're all locked up and given a scenario where they have to be assholes to one another to get ahead. Especially because while in 999 they speculated one person was working with Zero/was Zero, in VLR the A.I. straight up confirms it.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

lotus circle posted:

Well you have to consider the situation of 999 compared to VLR. 999 they were on a sinking boat and there was more of a teamwork angle to it because they were all stuck in the same situation together. VLR they're all locked up and given a scenario where they have to be assholes to one another to get ahead. Especially because while in 999 they speculated one person was working with Zero/was Zero, in VLR the A.I. straight up confirms it.

Which is what I pointed out.

If Snake was in this game, he would've blind-tripped, crashed into a wall, made a hole leading outside, took six bullets to the chest, and ended the Nonary Game by now. I miss Snake.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Also in the case of VLR, the entire point is fostering doubt and paranoia of the other participants. The though experiment is to overcome that doubt and paranoia even in the face of oblivion.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

im trying not to get hit by a car before this lp finishes but the people in my neighbourhood are driving more dangerously every day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's going to be a real Zero Escape themed escape room in LA.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

What. What! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If they don't kill you for failing to escape in time what's the point, really?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Blasmeister posted:

If they don't kill you for failing to escape in time what's the point, really?

What a fake gamer you are.

Obviously, they're going to kill people in the future. That's why you're escaping this room: to help those people!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Why can't this be in New England? I really really really want to do this.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
I guess the closest thing one can do is to cosplay as the cast and just pick one of the local escape rooms. Dibs on Lotus.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Dibs on the dead old lady. I'll just apply stage blood and drop to the floor clutching a knife, and everyone will suddenly focus on trying to solve my murder while the actual room operators are either pulling their hair out or laughing at the dumb situation

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I think you guys are missing the big question here: will it be canon?

And if it is, how am I supposed to pirate it

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
By eventually experiencing the whole story through a years-long LP of the room

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Better start practicing accessing the morphogenetic field ahead of time if you want to beat that thing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope there's an extra secret puzzle and if you succeed in it you get a folder full of information about your near future.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Tempting, but I'd have to put my twin through the same thing in Indiana.
Hmm... now that I think about it, I think the room escape company near me has midwest locations. Maybe we CAN test this...

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Bruceski posted:

Tempting, but I'd have to put my twin through the same thing in Indiana.
Hmm... now that I think about it, I think the room escape company near me has midwest locations. Maybe we CAN test this...

I'm pretty sure I saw a sign for it somewhere along route 67 a year or so ago. Might have been 37. I never bothered going because I was always on my way somewhere, but maybe I should have.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Nidoking posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw a sign for it somewhere along route 67 a year or so ago. Might have been 37. I never bothered going because I was always on my way somewhere, but maybe I should have.

There are a few companies doing this sort of thing. I've been meaning to try out the one near me for a while, but since my friends (and allegedly myself) are all adults now, scheduling around work, kids, and other bits of social life is a bitch.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Listen if these assholes didn't want me to go through one of the room's stupid walls they wouldn't have said "escape the room!" now would they?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Okay, so, guys, in a minute there is going to be a happening that will cause some people to question my continued commitment to this thread so I would like to pre-emptively assure everyone that it is not going anywhere and in fact will update next week.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fedule posted:

Okay, so, guys, in a minute there is going to be a happening that will cause some people to question my continued commitment to this thread so I would like to pre-emptively assure everyone that it is not going anywhere and in fact will update next week.

it's a Let's Play FFXIII-3 Lightning Returns thread isn't it

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

nice star bro

Mod, please change my name to Nice Star Bro, thanks in advance Fedule

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

John Lee posted:

nice star bro

Mod, please change my name to Nice Star Bro, thanks in advance Fedule

He already had a star though? :shrug:

Edit: It's this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765958

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Fedule was Zero the entire time.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I couldn't remember, so I bet it all on a lame meme!

just like the rest of my life

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh gently caress yes, Crystal Chronicles is one of my favorite games, badass Fedule!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's one of those games that's pretty terrible in single player but more fun than a game has any right to be if you somehow got 4 friends, GBAs and Gamecube-GBA link cables in one room.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Feels like we're missing something.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Fedule posted:

Over a week later......

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012
Uh oh an LP update is a little late, better start bitching about it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

who would have guessed that phi is actually sigmas dad

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
For anyone who has played both games, Famitsu just did a good article/spread on some character/plot reveals for ZE3: ZTD.

:siren: :siren: ONLY LOOK IF YOU DON"T MIND PREVIEW SPOILERS AND IF YOU HAVE FINISHED 999 AND VLR!!! :siren: :siren:

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/zero-time-dilemma-participants-announced

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blinus posted:

For anyone who has played both games, Famitsu just did a good article/spread on some character/plot reveals for ZE3: ZTD.

I wonder who the villain among the players will be this time around.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
HAHA! Did you make that image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nah, I found it. Thought it was amusing and decided to share.

• Locked thread