Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Brannock posted:

Trump stumped a terrible CEO, a former governor, multiple sitting senators, Hillary Clinton, a former president, and now the goddamn Pope of the Catholic Church. Who's left? How do you go higher than the Pope? Is Ban Ki-moon going to take on Trump now? Is Bill Gates going to toss his hat in?

That or the democratic nominee for president, I dunno

That or Congress, come to think of it. Even though he's running as Republican I don't think they're going to be any friendlier if he tries to upset the boat and pass protectionist legislation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

the trump tutelage posted:

From Zizek's "Against Human Rights":

Apropos the Party of Order, formed after the defeat of the June insurrection, Marx wrote that only after Louis-Napoleon’s December 10 election victory allowed it to ‘cast off’ its coterie of bourgeois republicans was the secret of its existence, the coalition of Orléanists and Legitimists into one party, disclosed. The bourgeois class fell apart into two big factions which alternately—the big landed proprietors under the restored monarchy and the finance aristocracy and the industrial bourgeoisie under the July Monarchy—had maintained a monopoly of power. Bourbon was the royal name for the predominant influence of the interests of the one faction, Orléans the royal name for the predominant influence of the interests of the other faction—the nameless realm of the republic was the only one in which both factions could maintain with equal power the common class interest without giving up their mutual rivalry. [3]

This, then, is the first complication. When we are dealing with two or more socio-economic groups, their common interest can only be represented in the guise of the negation of their shared premise: the common denominator of the two royalist factions is not royalism, but republicanism. (Just as today, the only political agent that consistently represents the interests of capital as such, in its universality, above particular factions, is the ‘social liberal’ Third Way.) Then, in The Eighteenth Brumaire, Marx dissected the makeup of the Society of December 10, Louis-Napoleon’s private army of thugs:

The logic of the Party of Order is here brought to its radical conclusion. In the same way that the only common denominator of all royalist factions is republicanism, the only common denominator of all classes is the excremental excess, the refuse, the remainder, of all classes. That is to say, insofar as the leader perceives himself as standing above class interests, his immediate class base can only be the excremental remainder of all classes, the rejected non-class of each class. And, as Marx develops in another passage, it is this support from the ‘social abject’ which enables Bonaparte to shift his position as required, representing in turn each class against the others.

As the executive authority which has made itself independent, Bonaparte feels it to be his task to safeguard ‘bourgeois order’. But the strength of this bourgeois order lies in the middle class. He poses, therefore, as the representative of the middle class and issues decrees in this sense. Nevertheless, he is somebody solely because he has broken the power of that middle class, and keeps on breaking it daily.
He poses, therefore, as the opponent of the political and literary power of the middle class. [5] But there is more. In order for this system to function—that is, for the leader to stand above classes and not to act as a direct representative of any one class—he also has to act as the representative of one particular class: of the class which, precisely, is not sufficiently constituted to act as a united agent demanding active representation. This class of people who cannot represent themselves and can thus only be represented is, of course, the class of small-holding peasants, who form a vast mass, the members of which live in similar conditions but without entering into manifold relations with one other. Their mode of production isolates them from one another instead of bringing them into mutual intercourse . . . They are consequently incapable of enforcing their class interests in their own name, whether through a parliament or through a convention. They cannot represent themselves, they must be represented. Their representative must at the same time appear as their master, as an authority over them, as an unlimited governmental power that protects them against the other classes and sends them rain and sunshine from above. The political influence of the small-holding peasants, therefore, finds its final expression in the executive power subordinating society to itself.[6]

These three features together form the paradoxical structure of populist-Bonapartist representation: standing above all classes, shifting among them, involves a direct reliance on the abject/remainder of all classes, plus the ultimate reference to the class of those who are unable to act as a collective agent demanding political representation.

tl;dr
Trump is Napoleon III

nice

Marx was a wise mofo

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Trump stumped a terrible CEO, a former governor, multiple sitting senators, Hillary Clinton, a former president, and now the goddamn Pope of the Catholic Church. Who's left? How do you go higher than the Pope? Is Ban Ki-moon going to take on Trump now? Is Bill Gates going to toss his hat in?

The pope is way more important than Ban Ki-moon or Bill Gates. Really, the only person who is more important globally - and who has in fact stumped the Trump - is this guy:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Pumroy posted:

how is haley's pull in sc. do people blame her for removing the heritage not hate american battle flag of the confederate free people against the war of northern aggression

too bad we can't hang the lot of confederate scum

we have to wait for the great equalizer of sweet death

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xenophon posted:

The pope is way more important than Ban Ki-moon or Bill Gates. Really, the only person who is more important globally - and who has in fact stumped the Trump - is this guy:

That was a stumping for the ages

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Xenophon posted:

People forget that obamas approval rating is polling around 50%. He will be a factor in the general for better or for worse.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Fiction posted:

People forget that obamas approval rating is polling around 50%. He will be a factor in the general for better or for worse.

All he needs to do is just play that Press Correspondents Dinner clip on repeat and laugh about how bad he clowned the orange turdblossom.

"See, look at him just eat this poo poo. I'm just shoveling poo poo in between his stupid thin lips and he's sitting there taking it like the bottom bitch he is. Mmmm how is that poo poo tasting Mr Trump?"

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Don't you get it?

It's us. All of us. We're the final boss. Trump is going to stump THE WORLD.

Let the abyss envelop you. Accept its warm embrace.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Boosted_C5 posted:

What he can offer that she can't are things that appeal to the middle that Democrats have convinced themselves only appeal to extreme right wingers, like hating on niggers and spics thus supporting our idiotic social hierarchy for a little longer until death from opiate addiction and unemployment kicks in

fixed that for you

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
These recent polls the last few days with Trump in the high 20's and Cruz and/or Rubio right on his tail, or at least closing in are scaring me. Please Boosted, make sure you get everyone at your place of polling to vote Trump.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I know this is a comedy forum and not a serious place for discussion, but you probably shouldn't use those slurs Top City Homo.

Not funny IMO.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Boosted_C5 posted:

I know this is a comedy forum and not a serious place for discussion, but you probably shouldn't use those slurs Top City Homo.

Not funny IMO.

It's ok, good that they show their true colors.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boosted_C5 posted:

Not funny IMO.

shut up Jeb

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Not funny IMO.

you know what's not funny?

When a guy too afraid to put a Trump sticker on his car starts telling people to stop saying it like it is in TYOOL 2016.

:negative:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhZeANhZgE

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://gawker.com/ted-cruz-and-ben-carson-spent-half-an-hour-alone-in-a-c-1760187734

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
And here I was worried that the final stretch in SC would be boring. :allears:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Boosted_C5 posted:

Not funny IMO.

just taking out the "political correctness" from your coded stream of bullshit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Don't you get it?

It's us. All of us. We're the final boss. Trump is going to stump THE WORLD.

Let the abyss envelop you. Accept its warm embrace.

oh no, not me, we never lost control, You're face to face
With the man who stumped the world

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol where is that chart that tried to prove republican women are better looking than democratic women ?

Nikki Haley my jaan 😘

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I don't understand what's happening.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Xenophon posted:

Obama also made jokes about Trump in the White House. You can see him sitting there seething in rage. You know he's running his campaign from so much grudge.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Omi-Polari posted:

Obama also made jokes about Trump in the White House. You can see him sitting there seething in rage. You know he's running his campaign from so much grudge.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I don't understand what's happening.

Cruz wants Carson's support. That moment in the closet was all about getting endorsed hard, just covering himself in endorsement.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Top City Homo posted:

just taking out the "political correctness" from your coded stream of bullshit

It's always fascinating to me how some people, such as you, will respond to somebody bringing up the mere concept of political correctness by just saying friend of the family and human being a lot at them and then grinning about how smart you are.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's always fascinating to me how some people, such as you, will respond to somebody bringing up the mere concept of political correctness by just saying friend of the family and human being a lot at them and then grinning about how smart you are.

The right-nay-priviledge to call people faggots is basically 75% of the driving force behind the anti-sjw movement

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/nro/status/700798001782980608

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This picture has perfect composition.

Jeb is out of step with the other two. Jeb isn't facing the same way. He's wearing a different colored suit.

Jeb is an outsider among his father and brother in this pic. :(

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's always fascinating to me how some people, such as you, will respond to somebody bringing up the mere concept of political correctness

"by just saying (the exact things that they accuse everyone else of thinking, but that they themselves internally feel) a lot at them and then grinning about how smart you are."

It's not about how smart they are. The people that go around doing that, are more racist and bigoted than anyone else. Racism and bigotry rule their lives and their waking thoughts, they just assume everyone else is just as lovely as they are inside. I mean, it's their motivation deep down, why isn't it ours??????

shiksa posted:

The right-nay-priviledge to call people faggots is basically 75% of the driving force behind the anti-sjw movement

It's fairly uneducated to assume that only 25% of it is constitutional originalism.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I am so tired of the anticipation. I NEED IT TO BE TOMORROW ALREADY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i bet its a nice hospice

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

so so so lazy

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Among other reasons, Jeb! is losing because his overall appearance and mannerisms call to mind those wacky dancing air tube scarecrow things that you see promoting car dealerships and the like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euV1HmGm22s

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/700816596990726144

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Master Shake teeing off on Rubio. He seems really stung.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

2006 called, they want their cheap poo poo low-res political ad back.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Jeb is A MESS.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

What quality could have simultaneously driven all these decisions, and also his implicit contempt of Jeb...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

Master Shake teeing off on Rubio. He seems really stung.

Isn't he totally a Cruz guy anyway? He should be overjoyed, Rubio loving up makes a Cruz second place that much stronger a prospect.

• Locked thread