Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Naruto lp reaching the bottom layers of despair and misery only to have the cutscene ruined by a random npc standing right in the middle of the dramatic moment gave me some really hard laughs.

Dramatic Moment Destruction no jutsu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Remember in Naruto when Sakura was pouring her heart out to Sasuke and begging him not to leave and there were two random villagers just watching the entire exchange

I forgot about that poo poo

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Remember in Naruto when

Remember when Asuma was dying in Shikamaru's arms and that potato chip ninja walked into frame?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Justice Sloth posted:

Remember when Asuma was dying in Shikamaru's arms and that potato chip ninja walked into frame?

And poured out a bag of chips onto Asuma's face

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember when they were having Neji's funeral and you could see Akamaru just pissing on someone's fence in the background?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Remember when they were having Neji's funeral and you could see Akamaru just pissing on someone's fence in the background?

fuckin' spoiler alert

nobody remembers that because everyone (should have) quit watching before it happened

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Remember when Hinata failed to rescue Naruto from Pain and the floating fireworks box was next to the Kyuubi's tails?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad I never watched/read Naruto.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's a second XCom video

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I'm so glad I watched/read Naruto.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Wow Pat is really bad at Xcom, even considering that hilarious activation.

e: this is gonna be a real short lp holy gently caress

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 20, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember that one Omake that was a Clue parody about who killed Orochimaru?

And then it turned out it was because he couldn't keep up with Rock Lee and Might Guy's training? He loving died on the third sprint up and down the mountain on his hands like a total wuss! :laffo:

Indecisive posted:

fuckin' spoiler alert

nobody remembers that because everyone (should have) quit watching before it happened

Like me~

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Glad i never got into the dumpster that is naruto, i watched a bunch of bleach and i cant even remember what the hell happened in that show

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naruto is...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naruto

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Incorrect; Naruto is Atsura Otsutsuki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxW_xxnT9yw

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hinata would just cover her hands over her eyes and close her eyes/turn around so while she is doing that you could hit her without her knowing.....and then the guys wouldnt attack her cause shes too pure and too innocent to be blindsided ...and sasuke might accidentally attack her out of rage but then he would apologize after

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Remember when Jiraya was dying and they just left the boom mike in the corner of the screen for like three minutes?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
it's still best freinds play and woolie would still sell us all out for alien powers

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat would turn into an alien toilet if it means he could live forever

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I suddenly remember a discussion pat and the others had about whipping up title cards really fast.

*ahem*

you misspelled "friends" in the xcom titlecard

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Why am I not surprised that Woolie cheers for alien invaders. 'Better Humans', haha, holy crap, woolie, I know you like the principality of Zeon Traitors but come on.

Also this XCOM 2 LP will NOT go more than 10-15 episodes, They're playing Iron Man and on the higher difficulty settings AND they suck at the game, they're toast.

Also, if you guys aren't aware, 2K16 has an incredibly weird story mode and we're in for quite the ride.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 20, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

Why am I not surprised that Woolie cheers for alien invaders. 'Better Humans', haha, holy crap, woolie, I know you like the principality of Zeon Traitors but come on.

Also this XCOM 2 LP will NOT go more than 10-15 episodes, They're playing Iron Man and on the higher difficulty settings AND they suck at the game, they're toast.

Also, if you guys aren't aware, 2K16 has an incredibly weird story mode and we're in for quite the ride.

Wait, you're giving them TEN episodes? This is done in 5.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Aren't all the aliens you see in X-com bio engineered, war machine slaves? Like their all under control of pretty much the Combine from Half-Life? I haven't seen the video but I can't really think of a good way to cheer for enslavement under psychic warmongers that doesn't come off as uninformed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Buckets posted:

I can't really think of a good way to cheer for enslavement under psychic warmongers that doesn't come off as uninformed.

oi, it's woolie

No, but seriously, he knows nothing about XCom at all.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
A lot of the enemy types in Enemy Unknown/Within were horrible hosed up mutants, genetic experiments, and disfigured cyborgs that got sent to fight, but once they won the aliens put on a more presentable front for the humans. From what I've seen they're not as blatantly mutilated for better combat ability.

Hell some of them were just the aliens seeing what would work and going "eh, that's good enough, throw em in as footsoldiers I guess."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Except the soylent green part of xcom 2.....

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

As a fellow misanthrope, I agree with Woolie. We deserve this.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I get not rooting for psychic controlling alien monsters.

But on the other hand, SIEG ZEON SIEG ZEON SIEG ZEON

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Depths posted:

Glad i never got into the dumpster that is naruto, i watched a bunch of bleach and i cant even remember what the hell happened in that show

The only things I remember about Bleach is there's a cool black guy that doesn't matter, "What did you just say Captain Kuchiki?", and there's an entire 12+ episode arc about vampires that contributes nothing to the plot and is never mentioned again.

Oh and that guard asking the dead guard if he's daijobu

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 20, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Justice Sloth posted:

The only thing I remember about Bleach is there's a cool black guy that doesn't matter, "What did you just say Captain Kuchiki?", and there's an entire 12+ episode arc about vampires that contributes nothing to the plot and is never mentioned again.

Oh and that guard asking the dead guard if he's daijobu

That vampire thing was filler.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Andrast posted:

That vampire thing was filler.

They came from the filler mausoleum, it's next to the old abandoned filler hospital.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
All anime is filler because anime is not important.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Depths posted:

Somehow, Naruto still ends up being better then the mess that is Bleach.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My take on Big 3 anime is:

One Piece - "Oh, this looks like it's kinda interesting...but holy poo poo it's still going? Nah."
Naruto - "This looks dumb."
Bleach - "This looks REAL dumb."

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Bleach - "This concept art looks great! Wait, it's a finished page. Oh. Ohhhh..."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

My take on Big 3 anime is:

One Piece - "Oh, this looks like it's kinda interesting...but holy poo poo it's still going? Nah."
Naruto - "This looks dumb."
Bleach - "This looks REAL dumb."

How is Dragonball not a big 3.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Dragonball ended over 2 decades ago?

e: mind, Naruto is also over and Bleach isn't really in the Big 3 either anymore, it's been barely scraping by in rankings for ages

the current Big 3 is probably One Piece, Hero Academia, and Toriko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

Dragonball was part of the OG big 3 with JoJo, and Fist of the North Star.