Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh, that reminds me of some Stupid poo poo my racist former friend opined about :

"I think Hitler had the right idea, he was just an idiot and did [the Holocaust] to the wrong people [the Jews]."

Said racist friend was a Jew by heritage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

"I support government surveillance because if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

Not a direct quote because I have heard this far too many times.

I haven't heard people say that from their mouths but I've seen it a lot online. It was really bad when that one actress' nude pictures got leaked and no one could loving shut up about how if she didn't want her pictures out on the internet she shouldn't have taken them in the first place.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh, that reminds me of some Stupid poo poo my racist former friend opined about :

"I think Hitler had the right idea, he was just an idiot and did [the Holocaust] to the wrong people [the Jews]."

D:

When Obama was elected, my Indian ex (newly arrived from India) said that he didn't think "black people were ready."

Da fuq

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't heard people say that from their mouths but I've seen it a lot online. It was really bad when that one actress' nude pictures got leaked and no one could loving shut up about how if she didn't want her pictures out on the internet she shouldn't have taken them in the first place.

They stopped saying that at around the time that police officers started opposing accountability devices such as mandatory body cameras.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

CommonShore posted:

They stopped saying that at around the time that police officers started opposing accountability devices such as mandatory body cameras.

Most people are aware enough not to state it to literally, but the sentiment has always been around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CherryCola posted:

D:

When Obama was elected, my Indian ex (newly arrived from India) said that he didn't think "black people were ready."

Da fuq

Black people get a surprisingly bad rap all over the world, at least in my experience. My own dad, who's of Chinese/Malay/Indonesian heritage, said pretty much the same thing.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Wheat Loaf posted:

The other was more of an abstract idea (it was the thesis of an article I read) which I will condense into an approximate summary: "Women and people of colour should absolutely not vote for Bernie Sanders; Bernie Sanders appeals inordinately to white working class males, and they are the Donald Trump constituency."
"

i saw this article posted as well on facebook with the typical " it makes alot of good points" declaration and it made no good posts. that and the article voting for bernie is a vote for trump because its literal logic is that people are too stupid to make up their minds between bernie and donald trump

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Wheat Loaf posted:

One was Glenn Beck's latest conspiracy theory: "God killed Justice Scalia to wake up Americans to the importance of electing Ted Cruz. :911:"

So...what's the downside of letting horrible old conservatives continue getting struck down???

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

A guy once commented on a friend's Facebook post saying "factory farming is literally worse than the Holocaust, and I say that as an actual Jew."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Just read in a rather large writing group I'm in on Facebook:

quote:

Okay this might sound creepy and I PROMISE IT IS NOT MEANT in a creepy way in the slightest.
I just noticed (after looking at the picture for a while not knowing what was throwing me off about the otherwise cute squish squish baby) that babies does not have nipples.
And honestly it is too late for me to realise something like that and I googled it and to no avail and just please someone explain why small humans lack nipples because my mind is exploding right now I thought we were born with the and now apparently we are not and?????

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Good lord.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
To have someone's mind "explode" over why babies don't have nipples is either a sign of extreme autism, or... :gonk:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Choco1980 posted:

Just read in a rather large writing group I'm in on Facebook:

"why don't babies have nipples" brings up a nursing website that says they probably do but are too small to see at such a young age. Either their google-fu is weak as gently caress or it's a fetish thing.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Birb Katter posted:

"why don't babies have nipples" brings up a nursing website that says they probably do but are too small to see at such a young age. Either their google-fu is weak as gently caress or it's a fetish thing.

Please let it be laziness...

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Babies definitely do have (visible!) nipples.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jastiger posted:

Second poster is p good lookin. Too bad she's related to those other people in that thread lol.

Also, OP here knows its LEGAL, she's just saying that there are obvious markers that it MIIIIIGHT not be ok for kids, and that the family members were being ignorant. In other news, where are movie theater tickets for new releases $5?!

From a few pages ago but Cinemark and Regal (at le`ast around me) have the first showing of the day be super cheap. Cinemark even has $5 tuesday where every showing is $5.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

...have you and those people never seen a baby somehow?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Aesop Poprock posted:

...have you and those people never seen a baby somehow?

I was curious to see what the google search brought up to see if it was that hard. But I can't say I've ever paid attention to the presence or lack their of of friends babies when I've been around them.

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
Ok goons help me out on this one. I once remarked that if the Supreme Court made a decision then they have absolutely no way of enforcing that decision. It's up to other branches of the government to enforce the law/act etc. Is this a hopelessly stupid way of looking at it or just fairly stupid?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

ServoMST3K posted:

Ok goons help me out on this one. I once remarked that if the Supreme Court made a decision then they have absolutely no way of enforcing that decision. It's up to other branches of the government to enforce the law/act etc. Is this a hopelessly stupid way of looking at it or just fairly stupid?

I mean, you're not necessarily wrong. It's not like RBG will show up with a lead pipe if you don't follow a decision, as fun as that might have been in the case of Kim Davis. It just seems like it would be silly to go on about it as more than an offhand sort of remark, because barring some sort of complete meltdown of the system everyone respects that Marbury v. Madison is a thing and SCOTUS gets the final say in interpretation of the laws of the United States.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The US branches of government seem like a good idea in theory but in practice def qualify for this thread.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ServoMST3K posted:

I thought the police enforce the law, not the courts. Or am I missing something here?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hyperlynx posted:

I thought the police enforce the law, not the courts. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, but when a court says "put this guy in jail, he's guilty", the police do it.

If everyone in the police decided to suddenly stop doing their job and ignore the law, then yeah the court's decisions would go unenforced. But that's not really something that's going to happen.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

meiram posted:

I mean, you're not necessarily wrong. It's not like RBG will show up with a lead pipe if you don't follow a decision, as fun as that might have been in the case of Kim Davis. It just seems like it would be silly to go on about it as more than an offhand sort of remark, because barring some sort of complete meltdown of the system everyone respects that Marbury v. Madison is a thing and SCOTUS gets the final say in interpretation of the laws of the United States.

"John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it."

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ServoMST3K posted:

Yeah, the court doesn't have a cadre of dudes that go out and, like, actually do stuff. That's mostly the executive branch. IIRC Andrew Jackson defied the court on something and said "neener neener what are you going to do about it." Something about Indians probably.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ServoMST3K posted:

That is what the separation of powers means. Yes.

Now go jump down a Googlehole of poo poo like jury nullification, until you realize U.S. law is basically 200 year old legacy code that needs a good, hard 2.0'ing.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Clitch posted:

That is what the separation of powers means. Yes.

Now go jump down a Googlehole of poo poo like jury nullification, until you realize U.S. law is basically 200 year old legacy code that needs a good, hard 2.0'ing.

With the presidential election process being some patch code hammered out at 2 in the morning following a failed launch.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Proof that dinosaurs are a big hoax and never existed and so-called palaeontologists just made the whole thing up.
Warning - this will destroy some of your brain cells.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyIG_jZzBs

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Stoatbringer posted:

Proof that dinosaurs are a big hoax and never existed and so-called palaeontologists just made the whole thing up.

I don't think I heard a word she said, I couldn't take my mind off of her terrible hair.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Canemacar posted:

With the presidential election process being some patch code hammered out at 2 in the morning following a failed launch.

That was done so poorly that it made the problem it sought to solve worse.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
She has a bright future in financial domination videos

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Stoatbringer posted:

Hoooooooooooly poo poo

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Stoatbringer posted:

Answers question: "It's a destroyed piece of drywall that you probably put your head through because you are a pants-on-head poo poo-for-brains."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whenever I see something like that I want to sincerely ask where their information comes from. The concept of dinosaurs antedates fossils? What? Did she even go to like, one dinosaur museum exhibit before making that video? Did she read even one book? Or did she just sit around going "grr dinosaurs" while avoiding getting tainted by the vile palentological propaganda and think about it until she had some kind of argument which seemed coherent in her head before writing down her diagram on a napkin.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I wonder if that's a peer reviewed napkin. Like, did the waitress at the waffle house check it over before it was put onscreen?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stoatbringer posted:

Everything else about this channel screams parody but she sounds so sincere about it

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stoatbringer posted:

I couldn't get through the video because of the constant teeth-sucking and cringing. She cringes every few seconds like someone just said something really stupid and she's too polite to say anything about it.

Except she's the one saying stupid things.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's like one of those listicles where they put starter comments right in the title.

Ten things you won't believe I actually think! Number 6 is especially stupid!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a friend who is completely normal and very nice but 100% believes that dinosaurs are made up to increase attendance in failing museums. Allegedly there is a cabal or conspiracy of scientists that have duped the entire world into visiting their showcase for $10 or free on Tuesdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

CommonShore posted:

Whenever I see something like that I want to sincerely ask where their information comes from. The concept of dinosaurs antedates fossils? What? Did she even go to like, one dinosaur museum exhibit before making that video? Did she read even one book? Or did she just sit around going "grr dinosaurs" while avoiding getting tainted by the vile palentological propaganda and think about it until she had some kind of argument which seemed coherent in her head before writing down her diagram on a napkin.

Yes. Just one and exactly one.

I will let you guess the name of this book.

• Locked thread