Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Zereth posted:

Actually, I thought Terror From The Deep didn't fix that or just didn't have it, but was balanced based on feedback from people who thought they were playing Enemy Unknown on the highest difficulty but were actually playing on the easiest possible difficulty, so they cranked absolutely everything way the gently caress up, did things like make it so most/all of your good or even decent weapons didn't work in terror missions (which were above water), etc etc?

Both are true. TFTD easy was rougher than EU impossible, and TFTD would reset to impossible when you loaded a save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I know posting HelixSnake in this thread might be cheating, but he did some experiments with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCl86UiXifo

And then brought it to its logical conclusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGfLXzIg2c

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Zereth posted:

Actually, I thought Terror From The Deep didn't fix that or just didn't have it, but was balanced based on feedback from people who thought they were playing Enemy Unknown on the highest difficulty but were actually playing on the easiest possible difficulty, so they cranked absolutely everything way the gently caress up, did things like make it so most/all of your good or even decent weapons didn't work in terror missions (which were above water), etc etc?

MisterBibs posted:

It's certainly possible, but my memory is "Same glitch, different direction in difficulty" rather than listening to the grognards. Could be wrong. :iiam:

Nope, Zereth is correct. Difficulty actually works properly in TFTD, the devs just overcompensated because literally no one knew about the EU bug.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Male Man posted:

Both are true. TFTD easy was rougher than EU impossible, and TFTD would reset to impossible when you loaded a save.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nope, Zereth is correct. Difficulty actually works properly in TFTD, the devs just overcompensated because literally no one knew about the EU bug.

I'm still confused and disoriented regarding the difficulty in the game. :psyduck:

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

MisterBibs posted:

I'm still confused and disoriented regarding the difficulty in the game. :psyduck:

The difficulty is set correctly according to the tested difficulty unrelated to the EU tested difficulty bug. I'm not sure how much clearer it can be said.

:smuggo:

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Capcom going out of their way to become the next Sega I see. "Let's pussywhip our employees for minor short-term monetary gains at the expense of the game's quality and our employees' sanity, surely nothing can go wrong."

Something something history repeats itself something something.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BlueKingBar posted:

Capcom going out of their way to become the next Sega I see. "Let's pussywhip our employees for minor short-term monetary gains at the expense of the game's quality and our employees' sanity, surely nothing can go wrong."

Something something history repeats itself something something.

So did you react like that to the entire rest of the thread's glitches or what

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

flatluigi posted:

So did you react like that to the entire rest of the thread's glitches or what

No, it's just that I happen to like fighting games and Capcom is kind of notorious for this sort of poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

TFTD does not have the reset bug. Full stop.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

MisterBibs posted:

People played the first one on easy, but thought they were playing on impossible. They told the developers to make "impossible" even harder, and the developers made easy in the second game equivalent to impossible++.

People who thought they were going from impossible in the first game to easy in the second game were actually going from easy in the first game to impossible++ in the second game.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hah gently caress you weren't kidding.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

BlueKingBar posted:

history repeats itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j35zckhRwXQ

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Improbable Lobster posted:

TFTD does not have the reset bug. Full stop.

I stand corrected.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007

At least yours succeeded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnhHdLXPwO8

I also had a glitch that happened when my ranger got wrapped up by a snake and did a bladestorm killing it. For the rest of the mission she was stuck in the grabbed animation and would just teleport around the map when moved and any action done by her would cause the game to freeze for 10 to 15 seconds.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I can't believe that Bladestorm is so broken for people, I've never encountered any of the glitches in XCOM2 that people have posted.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Bladestorm nothing, Rangers in general just do loving weird poo poo. I recently had a ranger savagely stab an ADVENT Stun Lancer to death, which caused a car several blocks away to spontaneously explode. The next round, the Ranger got winged for one or two points of damage, causing her to instantly panic and run screaming for cover, despite the fact that she was a seasoned Colonel in power armour.

e: I forgot to mention that she subsequently took it upon herself to loving annihilate a nearby ADVENT Officer with a massive shotgun critical, during the enemy turn, while still hyperventilating and babbling to herself in incoherent terror. :confused:

Angry Diplomat has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Feb 21, 2016

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
XCOM 2 chat? I had an annoying one.

I like to put friends, family and co-workers in my XCOM games. XCOM 2 has the character creator, which is loving fantastic because it lets you make all the custom people you want, and then organically adds them into the recruit/reward lists while you play the campaign so you can gather an army of people you know. (Alternatively you can still just customise individual soldiers as you wish)

Side Note: The character creator isn't perfect, as it will happily let me choose voices and armour types, and faces and accessories, but totally disregards whatever you chose for personality and armour colour/pattern. That you'll still have to change yourself once you have them in your base.

So I'd moved my own personal avatar and my best friend up onto a roof to provide elevated support to the rest of the squad who was on the ground, moving to evac. An ADVENT mech reaction fired at me, hitting my for half my health and destroyed the roof (our ground) making us both fall 2 stories to the ground, taking fall damage. This made me drop to 1 health, and made my friend drop 2 health points (from full) due to the fall.

I then watched helplessly as each action made by the rest of my squad (who had not yet done anything) completed - followed by the camera cutting away to my friend and removing another 2 health points. After moving and overwatching 3 other squad members, with each member resulting in my friend losing 2 health for each other members 1 action point used, he died. Meanwhile, my single HP character stood right next to him and shrugged off the fall like it ain't no thang.

Another time during a resistance raid, I had a high level soldier up on a balcony get hit in one turn by a couple of lucky shots, bringing him to 3 health. I had 5 other full health squad members, so I figured he could just sit in overwatch at that location for the rest of the mission, safe and sound. 2 turns later he randomly and for no reason fell through the floor and died on impact.

EDIT: This is especially annoying because your soldiers will happily drop from 3 stories up to the ground when ordered to move, but falling one floor will gently caress you right up.

princecoo has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Feb 21, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
XCOM 2 bugs come in both odd and loving infuriating varieties. I just had the game decide that I was just flat out going to miss all overwatch shots from that point forward. Went through an entire mission missing every single one (even near point blank shotgun blasts which required model glitching to show). I just chalked it up to bad luck cause, hey, :xcom:. Next mission starts and same thing starts happening, now I get suspicious and create a new save to test it. Reload few times, trying different placements, combinations, and nothing works. Restart the game and sure enough overwatch starts resolving normally again like nothing was ever wrong.

I'm beginning to suspect that something might be borked with the RNG itself which would really suck, though such a thing wouldn't be without precedent (RNGs can be surprisingly hard to code).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

princecoo posted:

Another time during a resistance raid, I had a high level soldier up on a balcony get hit in one turn by a couple of lucky shots, bringing him to 3 health. I had 5 other full health squad members, so I figured he could just sit in overwatch at that location for the rest of the mission, safe and sound. 2 turns later he randomly and for no reason fell through the floor and died on impact.

EDIT: This is especially annoying because your soldiers will happily drop from 3 stories up to the ground when ordered to move, but falling one floor will gently caress you right up.

Might have been so that the balcony he was on was on fire. I know the game isn't the best at signaling which exact tile is on fire or how long until it breaks and I've had soldiers stand next to burning boxes acting as full cover and only become burning once they moved from that location. Fire is generally pretty weird, as it also likes to not show up anymore once you load your save during a mission.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Kikas posted:

Might have been so that the balcony he was on was on fire. I know the game isn't the best at signaling which exact tile is on fire or how long until it breaks and I've had soldiers stand next to burning boxes acting as full cover and only become burning once they moved from that location. Fire is generally pretty weird, as it also likes to not show up anymore once you load your save during a mission.

I suspected this too, but the balcony appeared fine (which doesn't really mean it wasn't, XCOM might have just forgot to render the damage).

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
From the GIF thread:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

From the GIF thread:

I'm pretty sure that is due to a mod.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

He sure managed to ace that insurance fraud mini-game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm pretty sure that is due to a mod.

Definitely. Still great though.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pu3Oqzl1bs
The division has some sweet glitches

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
My sniper in XCOM2 started randomly one-handing his rifle instead of using his pistol. Looks badass as hell, wish he did it all the time.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
How did XCOM2 end up so busted?

I played a bitch-ton of XCOM from it's initial release in 2012 all the way through to last year, and never saw anything close to the amount of glitches posted on just these last 2 pages. From what I've played of XCOM2 so far, it doesn't seem to be so advanced from its predecessor that I'd expect all this wacky poo poo to be cropping up, especially since it wasn't designed for multi-platform this time around, and was delayed from a launch date from late last year.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It isn't, really. Most of the glitches are very minor. Well, not the chrysalid load bug. gently caress that thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also XCOM 1 was busted as hell. Enemies teleporting around was an ongoing problem for ages, the game crashing meant that doing ironman was basically a fool's errand, and tons of other things.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah enemy unknown was horribly buggy too. Which is forgivable, it's a real time game made in an engine notoriously bad at raytracing which accounts for all the line of sight and visual direction bugs you see. If XCOM was a turn based game made in an engine designed for shooters such as, say, Unreal, then it would be a different story.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Copper Vein posted:

How did XCOM2 end up so busted?

I played a bitch-ton of XCOM from it's initial release in 2012 all the way through to last year, and never saw anything close to the amount of glitches posted on just these last 2 pages. From what I've played of XCOM2 so far, it doesn't seem to be so advanced from its predecessor that I'd expect all this wacky poo poo to be cropping up, especially since it wasn't designed for multi-platform this time around, and was delayed from a launch date from late last year.

I remember that one of the thing they said when making either XCOM or EW was "We can't make procedurally generated maps, you won't believe how buggy that poo poo gets". Come XCOM 2 with procedurally generated maps (to a degree) and it's still buggy as heck, the fact that Ranges melee attacks destroy completely arbitraty pieces of terrain is due to precisely that. I guess time constrains were harsh even with the delay. Well the inevitable first expansion pack will surely adress a lot of these issues, just like Enemy Within did for the last game.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Serious Frolicking posted:

It isn't, really. Most of the glitches are very minor. Well, not the chrysalid load bug. gently caress that thing.

The glitches are usually kinda far between but when the game breaks it breaks bad

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that there isn't ready solutions for 3d grid-based turn-based games with destructible procedurally generated environment and pretty unique cover system (a guy behind a cover can see and be seen as if he also was in the square next to him). A bigger and more talented squad of programmers surely would have done better job, but it's probably much trickier than your standard FPS.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Feb 22, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So basically, in XCOM terms, the developers had a 95% chance to hit then.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hopefully with the increased modding support the game will eventually be more stable than XCOM:EU/EW was.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2Yyh5IXo

via: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-videos-and-gifs-from-the-hitman-beta/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Every time I see a ragdoll glitch video, I'm reminded of Truck Dismount. Even the sounds are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9uUWDDdBSM

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Speaking of XCOM, I was playing the Slingshot dlc and this happened.

The Muton airdropped onto one of my squaddies and ended up standing directly on top of him. Thankfully, there's no Goomba stomp.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DoAGd6SXM

I'd heard Bloodborne was full of crazy geometry but this is just ridiculous! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DoAGd6SXM

I'd heard Bloodborne was full of crazy geometry but this is just ridiculous! :suicide:

Game should give you Insight when it detects you went out of bounds like that