Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fGzmphx4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If anyone was waiting for the game to update ......

quote:

Update drops TODAY with a fix for the Mascot Morty quest and 19 new Mortys!

Twitter announcement
(Linked due the the art spoiling ALL the new Mortys)

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 4, 2016

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress y'all for forgetting the Simpsons Arcade game, which was good enough to replace anything after 1999.

That came was a quarter guzzling nightmare.

Bart's Nightmare on the SNES was pretty sweet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Twitter announcement
(Linked due the the art spoiling ALL the new Mortys)

Is the Morty on the right reading Modern Morty Girl Morty or just long haired Morty?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is the Morty on the right reading Modern Morty Girl Morty or just long haired Morty?

That's Mullet Morty

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dr_Amazing posted:

Bart's Nightmare on the SNES was pretty sweet.

Bart's Nightmare was one of the dumbest bad games ever

like it was a bad game based around playing 3-4 bad minigames and one semifun minigame (itchy vs scratchy)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is my current Pocket Morty team. They all suck aside from Green Shirty Morty.

I also got a Mini Morty that wrecks but I'm trying to level up some of the other doods.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That's good artin', buddy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So what's more important, the base model of morty, or the level? Is it just level + rock/paper/scissors or is there more to it? Do morties evolve if you level them up enough, or only through combining?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Baronjutter posted:

So what's more important, the base model of morty, or the level? Is it just level + rock/paper/scissors or is there more to it? Do morties evolve if you level them up enough, or only through combining?

Combine, combine, combine. They do not evolve on their own.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I only want purest of Mortys.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CelticPredator posted:

I only want purest of Mortys.

Well, look who's all high and Morty.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Propaganda Machine posted:

Combine, combine, combine. They do not evolve on their own.

Well not unless they're a very special Morty. :ssh:

Baronjutter posted:

So what's more important, the base model of morty, or the level? Is it just level + rock/paper/scissors or is there more to it?

Well there's also the power rating of the attack you use (lovely weak ones might have a power rating of 65 but they go up to at least 140) your Morty's attack stat and the other Morty's defense stat. When you collect enough badges you can buy mega seeds to improve your Morty's stats and turn them into brutal killing machines. I've got several Mortys with attack stats over over 1000 who mutilate everything in their path.
But even the best Mortys will miss sometimes and even the worst Mortys will get a critical hit now and then.

I've also noticed that the higher your Morty's stats the more HP they get when they level up. Mortys usually get about 3 HP per level but my tricked-out Mortys can get 7 or 8 HP when they level up. Most level 100 Mortys have 300 HP or a little more but I've got Mortys with 450 to 500 HP.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 6, 2016

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Well not unless they're a very special Morty. :ssh:

Well there's also the power rating of the attack you use (lovely weak ones might have a power rating of 65 but they go up to at least 140) your Morty's attack stat and the other Morty's defense stat. When you collect enough badges you can buy mega seeds to improve your Morty's stats and turn them into brutal killing machines. I've got several Mortys with attack stats over over 1000 who mutilate everything in their path.
But even the best Mortys will miss sometimes and even the worst Mortys will get a critical hit now and then.

I've also noticed that the higher your Morty's stats the more HP they get when they level up. Mortys usually get about 3 HP per level but my tricked-out Mortys can get 7 or 8 HP when they level up. Most level 100 Mortys have 300 HP or a little more but I've got Mortys with 450 to 500 HP.

Are there trained skills (like TMs or whatever) for Morties? Or are you just stuck with whatever ones they get through leveling?

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Of loving course Jerry's Game is compatible with my phone and Pocket Mortys isn't.

Thank God I got my Nexus 7 working again.

I have popped SO MANY loving balloons

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blasphemeral posted:

Are there trained skills (like TMs or whatever) for Morties? Or are you just stuck with whatever ones they get through leveling?

You're stuck with whatever they get through leveling, and they only get new skills when they're at fairly low levels. If you have a preference on how you want your Mortys' skills slots to be filled out (I don't bother with buffs so I prefer to fill up their slots with as many attack skills as possible) you'll need to level up some really low level Mortys but once you collect a certain number of trainer badges all the Mortys you collect will be too high a level to develop new skills so you'll be stuck with whatever skills they start with.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

xthnru posted:

:hf:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hahaha I played it for about as long. "THERE'S GOTTA BE SOMETHING ELSE COMING UP!"

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

You're stuck with whatever they get through leveling, and they only get new skills when they're at fairly low levels. If you have a preference on how you want your Mortys' skills slots to be filled out (I don't bother with buffs so I prefer to fill up their slots with as many attack skills as possible) you'll need to level up some really low level Mortys but once you collect a certain number of trainer badges all the Mortys you collect will be too high a level to develop new skills so you'll be stuck with whatever skills they start with.

You can choose what skills they get when leveling, somehow? How?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blasphemeral posted:

You can choose what skills they get when leveling, somehow? How?

Well, you can sometimes choose to accept a new skill or not, that's about it.

You sometimes get presented with new skills when they level up. If your Morty has a skill slot open then the new skill will automatically get accepted but if they already have all 4 skill slots filled you can choose to 'forget' a current skill to make room for the new one or you can choose to keep all your current skills and not learn the new one. You don't get to choose what the new skill is, just whether you want your Morty to learn it.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

xthnru posted:

Of loving course Jerry's Game is compatible with my phone and Pocket Mortys isn't.

Thank God I got my Nexus 7 working again.

At least it's available for your platform. Winphone users like me get nothing. :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

darthbob88 posted:

At least it's available for your platform. Winphone users like me get nothing. :(

You may have bigger problems to deal with.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
http://imgur.com/a/EKcbi

Somebody 3D printed a plumbus and it's pretty gross to behold, but i also kinda want one for my desk. They also documented pretty much how they did it, it's kinda cool.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The Fleeb was a nice touch.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A nice touch? The whole process is impossible without one!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Rocksicles posted:

If you're a fan of the show and can find no valid reason to not install a free game. Then you have no excuse.

It's a bad game, just like the original pokemon.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Where did they get a Schlami to spit on it?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That's a quality plumbus stand he's got there, I wish I had one for my own home.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

That's a quality plumbus stand he's got there, I wish I had one for my own home.

A Carl's Jr burger stole my plumbus, so I got an extra stand if you want it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Where did they get a Schlami to spit on it?

Check the video in the link. That plumbus is up to standards.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Season 3 has begun recording via Instragram.

Too lazy to host it, but you can go look.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I have reason to live and love again!

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

wow thats, very accurate. pretty much how i imagined it too. Cant believe they made the stand as well

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/2D6BR63AY/rick-and-morty-plumbus-w-o-stand?li=shareProduct

Hmm, 18 bucks for a plumbus is tempting, although it looks like it's pretty tiny. Would be better if the stand wasn't an extra $9, but I paid like $50 for a :jeb: from them in the past and it's top notch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
That 3D guy is working on a Mr Meeseeks now
OOOH YEAH, CAN DOOOO!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Brightman posted:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/2D6BR63AY/rick-and-morty-plumbus-w-o-stand?li=shareProduct

Hmm, 18 bucks for a plumbus is tempting, although it looks like it's pretty tiny. Would be better if the stand wasn't an extra $9, but I paid like $50 for a :jeb: from them in the past and it's top notch.

Yeah, the thing looks amazing until you get to the comparison shot and see that it's like an action figure acceasory. I know 3D printing isn't cheap yet but that just seems ridiculously small for something whose sole purpose is to sit on your desk or shelf and look nice.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, that plumbus is puny. Everyone knows a plumbus is bigger than a coke zero can.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Plus you can just make your own. Do you have any spare dinglebop?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
You could probably take the model file and upload it to Shapeways's custom option and get it larger but it'd probably be expensive as poo poo.

My :jeb: is only 3.5 inches tall (he's seated though), and was $47 bucks, but he "does the trick" or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyZeR
Apr 22, 2006
Polygon Tamer

The_Doctor posted:

Plus you can just make your own. Do you have any spare dinglebop?

You are clearly forgetting how hard it is to get your hands on affordable shleem, and then there's the issue of finding the right Shlami...

• Locked thread