Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
By the way for cooler medals, where are the best stages for doure and naise?

I've already gotten enough thousers and coolers, and I think strong vs strong is good about having Goku medals on the stage in addition to being boss spoils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Coora's Squad Strikes! has only those two medals, so that might be a good place to try. I think you can pick your fights in Piccolo's Here to target them, too.

These drop rates on Metal Cooler are super bad. I'm up to a PHY robot and an INT Metal Cooler. Oh well, at least Broly makes it easy.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Beep

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
The drop rate on Trunks seems pretty good. I've gotten five already. I think it was Echo who posted the resource on how the turn order works, which has made keeping two linked characters on a mono-colored team keeping the damage train going.

Cooler has been okay so far. It was pretty fun going in on easy with three of the dragon ball team members (Launch, Volleyball Tien, and Bunny Bulma), and they didn't seem half bad. Granted as soon as I got to the harder difficulties it was an issue since they weren't awakened. I got two PHY fodder and have one AGL Metal Cooler. Is there supposed to be another set to the event? The news says stage 2-5, but I don't think that's right.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

The drop rate on Trunks seems pretty good. I've gotten five already. I think it was Echo who posted the resource on how the turn order works, which has made keeping two linked characters on a mono-colored team keeping the damage train going.

Cooler has been okay so far. It was pretty fun going in on easy with three of the dragon ball team members (Launch, Volleyball Tien, and Bunny Bulma), and they didn't seem half bad. Granted as soon as I got to the harder difficulties it was an issue since they weren't awakened. I got two PHY fodder and have one AGL Metal Cooler. Is there supposed to be another set to the event? The news says stage 2-5, but I don't think that's right.

I think it's only the 5, I can't find anything to the contrary. It is pretty strange that they don't have the end of the movie in there.

The DB characters are pretty great if you can roll a team of them. I'm missing a good leader for mine, but I only have 5 SRs. I'd say Bunny Bulma's the best of the SRs, she makes anyone a lot better. Yamcha is pretty similar. I'd love to get a Yamcha and a Launch, maybe a Kid Goku. I have both Bulmas, Tien, Oolong, and General Blue at the moment. Looking forward to a full DB team at some point.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Echophonic posted:

The DB characters are pretty great if you can roll a team of them. I'm missing a good leader for mine, but I only have 5 SRs. I'd say Bunny Bulma's the best of the SRs, she makes anyone a lot better. Yamcha is pretty similar. I'd love to get a Yamcha and a Launch, maybe a Kid Goku. I have both Bulmas, Tien, Oolong, and General Blue at the moment. Looking forward to a full DB team at some point.

Kid Goku's a great leader for a DB team since he's got an All Types +25% attack leader skill.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

visceril posted:

I've already gotten enough thousers and coolers, and I think strong vs strong is good about having Goku medals on the stage in addition to being boss spoils.

Pick the stage that has the char with the medal you want as a boss.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Still going for that GT Vegeta with no luck.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why does TEQ SR Mr. Satan have the Golden Warrior link? :raise:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

-Troika- posted:

Why does TEQ SR Mr. Satan have the Golden Warrior link? :raise:

Mark is Earth's savior. A heart of GOLD

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

visceril posted:

The "Event Info" option in the menu usually list this information now, in case you didn't know :ssh:

The DB gacha definetly hated me this time around, I think I did around 8 pulls and only got 2 (duplicated) SRs (Oolong and INT Bulma).

By the way, can any Metal Cooler drop his battle card or is it only the ones at the end of a stage?

EDIT: Oh come on, Metal Cooler can drop the normal-rear end robot too? Got my hopes up for nothing.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 20, 2016

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Ah, I see it in the banner now. I was just wondering if they liked dropping in particular stages.

I got me another oolong, a general blue, and motherfucking turtles. Not bad, tournament.

I have Tien, oolong, launch, OG bulma, Yamcha, and general blue now.

I don't think I'm gonna keep him tbh.

I'm disappointed that trunks doesn't have bombardment. I suppose he'll get the cell skill when that event rolls around

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ended up at 1593, not too shabby. Tickets weren't particularly exciting. Duplicates of INT Bulma, General Blue, and Ultimate Gohan.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Int SSR Perfect Cell is the one that can Dokkan to a LR later right? Got him from my SSR pull.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Got Kid Buu from my gathered up Silver SSR tickets :toot: that's another dokkanable LR for me

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

Int SSR Perfect Cell is the one that can Dokkan to a LR later right? Got him from my SSR pull.

Yeah, him and a new TEQ one. I presume the latter is Dokkan Festival exclusive, like Broly. TEQ Perfect Cell has the same kind of leader skill as Broly, Ki+3 for TEQ and +3000 attack.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got SSJ3 Goku from may SSR tickets! Here is my team as it is now (although they are all max level now), who should be removed to put in Goku?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got SSJ3 Goku from may SSR tickets! Here is my team as it is now (although they are all max level now), who should be removed to put in Goku?

I'd probably remove SSGSS Vegeta, since he doesn't have Kamehameha and really only links up well with SSGSS Goku.

As figured, my guaranteed SSR was a duplicate, getting me another Kid Buu. I also whiffed on the DB summons, getting a Bandages and the R Dinosaur. Kaioken Goku is pretty nice, although I wish I had checked out his passive before hand, since he turns STR Orbs into rainbow Orbs, which means he doesn't play nice with my true trump card (SSJ3 Goku). It's nice having a SA10 SSJ3 Goku. Now I just need to figure out which other character to use the last old kai I have on.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
A good start for upcoming dokkan festivals and tournaments is to chain oolong and puars.

Turn greens into blues, then all blues into red ki balls. Now you can use something besides fruit to get that Broly super

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I threw one of my Old Kais onto SSG Goku, but I don't know if I should stack the rest on, since he's at SA4 now. I could also go with Broly, AGL SSJ Gohan, or PHY Kaioken Goku.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'd ditch SSJ2 Vegeta, personally.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I got SSJ Bardock.

If this were several months ago I'd have been excited but Bardock has fallen to the bottom of the tiers now as well as being character I didn't care about either.

The gacha has also seen fit to give me mostly STR SSR's so I have DB Kid Goku, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Goku, SSJ Trunks and STR Golden Frieza all as UR's already.

Is there any reason I might levelup and awaken this character?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

I threw one of my Old Kais onto SSG Goku, but I don't know if I should stack the rest on, since he's at SA4 now. I could also go with Broly, AGL SSJ Gohan, or PHY Kaioken Goku.

I've got a similar problem 4 Old Kai's and unsure who to boost. There's PHY Ultimate Gohan, PHY Kaioken Goku and maybe AGI SSJ2 Gohan or I hold out for a monster super attacking machine like AGI SSJ2 Goku or STR SSJ3 Goku.

My GSSR was INT Golden Frieza, not a bad card just not what I needed either. My DB Saga pull netted me TEQ SR Bunny Bulma and INT SSR Demon King Piccolo. Funnily enough I need that PHY SR Yamcha to have a DB Saga Rainbow team but I feel like that card is going to taunt me for a long time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

I got SSJ Bardock.

If this were several months ago I'd have been excited but Bardock has fallen to the bottom of the tiers now as well as being character I didn't care about either.

The gacha has also seen fit to give me mostly STR SSR's so I have DB Kid Goku, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Goku, SSJ Trunks and STR Golden Frieza all as UR's already.

Is there any reason I might levelup and awaken this character?

With those STR cards? Probably not. He's good support, but doesn't bring a lot offensively. Turles is a better enabler with the same issue.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've got a similar problem 4 Old Kai's and unsure who to boost. There's PHY Ultimate Gohan, PHY Kaioken Goku and maybe AGI SSJ2 Gohan or I hold out for a monster super attacking machine like AGI SSJ2 Goku or STR SSJ3 Goku.

My GSSR was INT Golden Frieza, not a bad card just not what I needed either. My DB Saga pull netted me TEQ SR Bunny Bulma and INT SSR Demon King Piccolo. Funnily enough I need that PHY SR Yamcha to have a DB Saga Rainbow team but I feel like that card is going to taunt me for a long time.

Gohan's a good pick, he benefits a lot from SA boost, the same way SSJ3 Goku does. He's right up there with SSJ3 Goku, damage-wise.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
If you don't have a +2 ki for all leader, is 25% attack all the next best thing (for general purpose rainbow teams)?

I have SSJ Bardock, Kid Goku, and Saiyaman 2 with that leader skill but none of them seem particularly great link-wise.

Here's what I have

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hard to decide among those. DB STR Kid Goku is really only strong in the WT, Saiyaman 2 doesn't have a lot of power and SSJ Bardock has depreciated relatively.

I think I'd probably use Saiyaman 2 for the reliable boost even though Bardock has somewhat better links.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I used my tickets and got AGL SSG Goku and SSJ2 TEQ Goku! Was hoping for a INT SSR but those look like pretty amazing draws.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

zelah posted:

If you don't have a +2 ki for all leader, is 25% attack all the next best thing (for general purpose rainbow teams)?

I have SSJ Bardock, Kid Goku, and Saiyaman 2 with that leader skill but none of them seem particularly great link-wise.

Here's what I have

I'd say Bardock for an SSJ team or Kid Goku for a Kamehameha team. Keep in mind that Evil Buu has Kamehameha and hits like a truck.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SSR pull was Ultimate Gohan.

Feels good man. Now I need to build proper teams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

SSR pull was Ultimate Gohan.

Feels good man. Now I need to build proper teams.

Same.

Finally got my INT Perfect Cell to SA10. Thanks Old Kai.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

Gohan's a good pick, he benefits a lot from SA boost, the same way SSJ3 Goku does. He's right up there with SSJ3 Goku, damage-wise.

I ended up pulling the trigger with Ultimate Gohan. I guess I had only ever really thought of him as an enabler.

Team building: I've replaced the STR Kid Goku on my team with PHY Kaioken Goku which feels right due to the passive actually being a detriment to STR characters. I've got enough +ki abilities going now that with a +ki friend leader it's not unusual to be firing off 1-2 special attacks every turn now. :feelsgood:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

SSR Pull. Come on, Daddy needs a SSR INT...

Meh, s'okay. He'll gel well with my SSJ TEQ Vegeta.

Speaking of, which of my SSR/URs should I level up with Elder Kai? I assume SS3 Goku, but I wasn't sure if there was community consensus on who's best served by leveling up their SA.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Believe me, with Kaioken Goku and SSJ3 you want that Majin Vegeta more than any Int SSR.

And yes, use it on the SSJ3.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Believe me, with Kaioken Goku and SSJ3 you want that Majin Vegeta more than any Int SSR.

And yes, use it on the SSJ3.

Oh I didn't notice Majin Vegeta had Over In A Flash. Yeah, he'll be super useful with my team. (still kinda want that SSR INT though...)

People who posted while I was writing that post also seem to agree on SSJ3 Goku. Okay, thanks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
With Over in a Flash and SA boost SSJ3 Goku, you could probably brute force anything you'd want to hit with an INT SSR anyway.

Debating whether to expand my box with some dragonstones (only 100 slots right now) since I don't have a character to use my Elder Kai on. INT SSJ Adult Gohan probably isn't worth it right?

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 20, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So a friend of mine just started playing and used his starting stones on the SSR pull. loving SSG and SSJ3 Goku in the same pull.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Just decided to throw five stones at the Cooler gacha, see what I got. What I got was no Saiyan pods, no Hercule, no Super Saiyan, and an R AGL Videl. :smith:

I hate this game. But it's just too much fun to quit. So I don't really hate it. It's just disheartening. At least the temptation to spend money on it is tempered by pulls like this.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I just save up for the multipulls and hope I get lucky with an SSR, doing one pull at a time is too depressing.

Although the feeling of grinding out 35+ story stages just to get an SR dupe tastes sour too. :(

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Lost my phone and didn't back up my data, restarted and got Broly first attempt, so clearly it was made to be, I updated my google doc info. It seems hosed up that this new account has far better characters than my old one with 1/3rd of the stones spent, looking forward to the next Broly event redo so i can just go dokkan him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Unusual posted:

Lost my phone and didn't back up my data, restarted and got Broly first attempt, so clearly it was made to be, I updated my google doc info. It seems hosed up that this new account has far better characters than my old one with 1/3rd of the stones spent, looking forward to the next Broly event redo so i can just go dokkan him.

I thought Bro.y could only drop during the event? I was planning on just saving as many stones as possible until the next event. At this point I'm waiting on the Bojack (Boujack? Wtf) to come back so I get to yet again grind medals to awaken 2 of these guys to level up my Full Power Bojack.