Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Okay, so top-to-bottom, and ripping off the CG thread, we have:

Tsun idol,
Competing-with-Koume-for-horror-movie-lover idol, and
Airhead strips a lot idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Certainly not. I don't even know who this idol is.

I dropped :10bux: on Starlight Stage when I started and used it for discounted daily pulls, and I haven't put any more into it.

Let's not talk about how much in SIF

yeah the guy in the video that spent hundreds of dollars sounded so excited when he finally got that chick. Like if I'd just spent hundreds of dollars and finally got something I don't think that I would be all that excited. Maybe if I spent like $10 and got it, but not hundreds.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

that's shine for japanese word for die, not shine as in the hit idolmaster cinderella girls album single, "Shine", because i want you to die

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

o wait that was back hwne I had no ssrs, ok nvm i don't mean that

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Did my 2nd 10 pull. Didn't get a SSR like Cantelope, but almost as good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Certainly not. I don't even know who this idol is.

she is precious secret otaku nao kamiya

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

Okay, so top-to-bottom, and ripping off the CG thread, we have:

Tsun idol,
Competing-with-Koume-for-horror-movie-lover idol, and
Airhead strips a lot idol.

Tsun is good.
No comment.
And the stripping idol is good, but I already have her SSR, so it's a bit underwhelming (tho' I don't mean to complain).

I guess Nao shows up in the second season, since she's in Triad Primus, but do the others? Or were they somewhere in the first and I didn't notice? It seems weird that there'd be voiced idols not in the anime.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

SHABETTAAAA!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Good faces.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I guess Nao shows up in the second season, since she's in Triad Primus, but do the others? Or were they somewhere in the first and I didn't notice? It seems weird that there'd be voiced idols not in the anime.

you saw them in the last ep of the first season thye were like ayy i no that rin grl from school dang she a hella baller idol i hope we can one day be in a unit with someone like her

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

SHABETTAAAA!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
s2 synchtube when, panda?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Fffffffuuuuuck, just beat my first master song.

only got B rating, but still counts.

now i get to see what the music video thing is.

too bad i can get more event points doing a pro song with S rank

Skwee fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 20, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Are we waiting on e26, maybe?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I have work shifts 1~-9~pm for the rest of this week which I felt was a good enough time to catch all the key watchers, so I don't think I'd be able to do it this week. I do have a completely empty slot on Tuesday so maybe something will happen then?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
ha well i got through event song but I spent 40 star gems to do it cuz i failed twice

Guess i made a profit of 10 gems still, since you get 50 for beating it the first time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

How does 8-11am PST, 12-3pm EST, 4-7pm GMT any day for the next week sound like for everyone else here for this?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

How does 8-11am PST, 12-3pm EST, 4-7pm GMT any day for the next week sound like for everyone else here for this?

What is it you guys are talking about

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

What is it you guys are talking about

we're gonna all get in a synchtube and watch the second season of the idolmasters cinderella girls anime together!

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
I love all of Triad Primus and really want a full SSR team of them someday so of course I'm never going to get Nao. Pulled the new SR girl in a solo pull though.

May just save all my gems for many salty pulls for Karen Hojo whenever they decide to release her as an SSR

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

we're gonna all get in a synchtube and watch the second season of the idolmasters cinderella girls anime together!

oh. never heard of synchtube before.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

oh. never heard of synchtube before.

yeah it's a neat site that lets you sync up youtube videos

so how does Sunday at that time work out for everyone else?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

You should definitely listen to her third regular communication even if you don't understand the words. What's important is the setup is (these are the same for every idol) they have to get a photo of their cutest smile. And the third, fourth and fifth things you say are that she's cute, seriously cute, and the cutest in Japan.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Sure, Sunday's good for me

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

I see. Well 8 am i wont be awake most likely, and i also haven't seen any idolm@ster anime besides the 1st episode of the original, so i probably won't show up to the 2nd season of Cinderella girls. Started watching it cuz I started playin the game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

You should definitely listen to her third regular communication even if you don't understand the words. What's important is the setup is (these are the same for every idol) they have to get a photo of their cutest smile. And the third, fourth and fifth things you say are that she's cute, seriously cute, and the cutest in Japan.
Yeah I wasn't really too hot on her in the second season since she was sort of a whole nothing character from what I remember but the fan interpretations and everything else really shows off her appeal.

quote:

Sure, Sunday's good for me

:yeah:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

I see. Well 8 am i wont be awake most likely, and i also haven't seen any idolm@ster anime besides the 1st episode of the original, so i probably won't show up to the 2nd season of Cinderella girls. Started watching it cuz I started playin the game.

rip skwee

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

too bad i can get more event points doing a pro song with S rank

You also spent more stamina of course, which is why people draw up efficiency charts of difficulty/stamina/points, though they boil down to 'do the hardest thing you can consistently S-rank'. Apparently it's marginally better to A-rank the event song on Master than to S-rank it on Pro, but I'm going to need more rehearsals before I feel good about that.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Polsy posted:

You also spent more stamina of course, which is why people draw up efficiency charts of difficulty/stamina/points, though they boil down to 'do the hardest thing you can consistently S-rank'. Apparently it's marginally better to A-rank the event song on Master than to S-rank it on Pro, but I'm going to need more rehearsals before I feel good about that.

well the event song i can't even do at all on master without paying 40 gems to continue it twice. (which i only tried once, cuz i was overconfident after beating the lvl 20 song)

The song I can beat on master is Onagai! Cinderella, which is only lvl 20, and I can only B rank it. So that's 45 even tokens for 18 stamina B rank master song, vs. 47 tokens for an S rank 17 stamina pro song.

It's a clear advantage to just play pro songs for me at least.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yeah you really shouldn't be using gems to continue a song at all to be quite honest, especially now that we have rehearsal tickets so you don't have to potentially burn stamina to see if you can clear a song.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Mitsuboshi is my go to song for clearing on master. It's a fast song but it's also a really simple song so it's easier than most master songs in my opinion. I can regularly get an A rank and an occasional S rank while I have trouble even surviving most master songs.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Futaba Anzu posted:

yeah you really shouldn't be using gems to continue a song at all to be quite honest, especially now that we have rehearsal tickets so you don't have to potentially burn stamina to see if you can clear a song.

yeah the only reason i did it was cuz i didn't want to waste the event tokens. I ended up getting 50 star gems from beating the song the 1st time though, so I had a net gain of 10 star gems. I used my rehearsal tickets on the song that i managed to actually beat on master difficulty, which was Onegai! Cinderella. It's not like I am going to go and try to beat the event song again and use more gems, I know I can't do it on master now.

However, I have full combo'd it on Pro.

I feel like there is way too large of a difficulty barrier between pro and master..

Full combo on pro songs, failing multiple times on master.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That's because the difficulty zigzags through different songs rather then increasing linearly. There are easy master songs and difficult master songs. This means the jump from Pro to master can be huge or be only a small jump in difficulty depending on the song.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the miku cat is a calico in reference to the cool cat in the front of this card image

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zettace posted:

That's because the difficulty zigzags through different songs rather then increasing linearly. There are easy master songs and difficult master songs. This means the jump from Pro to master can be huge or be only a small jump in difficulty depending on the song.

ye

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
God, the stamina overflow in GF Note is so nice now.

So it looks like there are two expert-level songs there which trip me up a shitton: Meguru Meguru Seitokai Days and a new song this event, Sketch.
Just made it through the latter with less than a sixth of my life remaining. Pretty rapid to me. Fun challenge.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

God, the stamina overflow in GF Note is so nice now.

So it looks like there are two expert-level songs there which trip me up a shitton: Meguru Meguru Seitokai Days and a new song this event, Sketch.
Just made it through the latter with less than a sixth of my life remaining. Pretty rapid to me. Fun challenge.

Is that why I suddenly had like 90 stamina? I was kinda wondering what the hell that was about…

Skwee posted:

well the event song i can't even do at all on master without paying 40 gems to continue it twice. (which i only tried once, cuz i was overconfident after beating the lvl 20 song)

The song I can beat on master is Onagai! Cinderella, which is only lvl 20, and I can only B rank it. So that's 45 even tokens for 18 stamina B rank master song, vs. 47 tokens for an S rank 17 stamina pro song.

It's a clear advantage to just play pro songs for me at least.

Those levels just barely mean anything. Maybe more stars == more notes, but honestly it's about as useful an indicator of a song's difficulty as the stamina cost is.

The event song, incidentally, is actually really nice, so far as master event songs go. There isn't an rear end in a top hat part at the very end that doesn't really make any sense, which is very pleasant~

If you aren't just plain falling on your face for a huge part of the song, try using more healers, maybe? So long as you don't have a huge section where you're constantly loving up, it might help. Plus, the healers tend to have more hp to begin with, which is also helpful. I mean, that'll only take you so far, if your team can't manage above a B, it can't manage a B. Although I think SS was a little bit kinder about it being impossible to score at least halfway decently once you've unlocked master than other games. That aikatsu game thrives on suffering, I think.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Zenostein posted:

Is that why I suddenly had like 90 stamina? I was kinda wondering what the hell that was about…

Those levels just barely mean anything. Maybe more stars == more notes, but honestly it's about as useful an indicator of a song's difficulty as the stamina cost is
that's were i stopped reading.

not because i think you're wrong, but because that is literally what the event is about. Scoring the highest base entirely on a song's stamina cost

it sucks that i have this knowledge but am also terrible at the game so i can sound like an rear end in a top hat while also being loving stupid and terrible at the same time.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

Ah, Sunday's no good for me. I can do that time any weekday.