Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Lurdiak posted:

It's fine, that comic was canceled. Turns out directly antagonizing the majority of the c-list character's modern fanbase is a bad idea.

Good. I'm glad.

Herc without charm was just... Eugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I don't know what you guys are talking about

It's funny because the writer thinks he's improving the character by pissing on it!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SirDan3k posted:

It's funny because the writer thinks he's improving the character by pissing on it!

loving ugh.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have

WAR FOOT posted:

I went looking for funny panels in Abnett's new (Marvel) Hercules run, and they removed lots of the stuff that made Herc funny and the comic is the blandiest bland that ever bland.

A shame, because the premise of Herc living in an apartment with a lazy AF Gilgamesh living on his couch is great.

Gilgamesh is already dead

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Great, I look forward to Herc being a c-list comic relief that shows up whenever Greg Pak has some free time again or somebody needs a beefy bisexual guy for a gay joke. Hoo-ray.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No lie, Shazam + Captain America is honestly one of the best of the goofy crossover ideas. (Especially making him Freddy and not Billy.) "Trickery of Nixon" goes a bit far but still.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SirDan3k posted:

I liked the first couple issues, but it became apparent it was just me wanting to like a Hercules comic. Abnett has really become a pretty bad writer since he split with Lanning.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

I liked the first couple issues, but it became apparent it was just me wanting to like a Hercules comic. Abnett has really become a pretty bad writer since he split with Lanning.

If anyone is looking for a Herc fix read Archer and Armstrong!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

No lie, Shazam + Captain America is honestly one of the best of the goofy crossover ideas. (Especially making him Freddy and not Billy.) "Trickery of Nixon" goes a bit far but still.

It makes sense, because the most decent man in America should be named Fred Rogers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

Great, I look forward to Herc being a c-list comic relief that shows up whenever Greg Pak has some free time again or somebody needs a beefy bisexual guy for a gay joke. Hoo-ray.

This but unironically

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Squizzle posted:

It makes sense, because the most decent man in America should be named Fred Rogers.

Oh god dammit, I just got that.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thinking way too hard right now about what Captain America supporting character could become the other half of Daniel Tawny Tiger.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Squizzle posted:

Thinking way too hard right now about what Captain America supporting character could become the other half of Daniel Tawny Tiger.

Nick Fury.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Found a fun site with all kinds of funny/badass/touching panels.
http://arousinggrammar.com/articles-sorted-by-character/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Much like 10 Beers is obligated to post that same poo poo in every panel thread for some reason, I am obligated to mention that the What If about Galactus turning into Elvis is unironically my all-time favorite comic story. Too bad the rest of the issue is terrible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

Much like 10 Beers is obligated to post that same poo poo in every panel thread for some reason, I am obligated to mention that the What If about Galactus turning into Elvis is unironically my all-time favorite comic story. Too bad the rest of the issue is terrible.

But doesn't even have Venom in it!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

But it has this great joke

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Kinda makes me wish I was the Red Skull. (I know the punchline to that gag, I've read the issue, shut up)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For me the punchline isn't the next page, but that if you pasted your face over the Red Skull's then you're no longer the Red Skull, you're just a nazi.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That's why you scribble a red crayon over the picture first.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Spoil the punchline for the rest of us, please.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The next page reveals the answer to the What If is that you will get repeatedly beat up by all the Avengers :effort:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And no one wants to work with you.

Not even the Joker.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ImpAtom posted:

But doesn't even have Venom in it!

Yes, but it does have Elvis/Galactus asking Adam Warlock why he looks like a mango.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pureauthor posted:

And no one wants to work with you.

Not even the Joker.

Also your vacations really suck

Captain America 367.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Why is Magneto holding a flashlight? Are you seriously telling me that the master of magnetism can't use his powers to generated light?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those last three panels are RS noticing how easy it will be to do a running jump off the wall and grab that hatch.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Kalli posted:

Captain America 367.

Condemning someone to a slow and painful death by starvation/dehydration/asphxiation = the moral high ground?

I know it's Magneto, but come on!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Magneto is a villain.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Canemacar posted:

Condemning someone to a slow and painful death by starvation/dehydration/asphxiation = the moral high ground?

I know it's Magneto, but come on!

Red Skull is a nazi and worked for Hitler and Magneto did survive the holocaust.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is actually fairly liberal compared to movie Magneto, who will straight up kill everyone given a sufficient reason.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kalli posted:

Captain America 367.

I wanted to take that page (along with the pages from later issues where Crossbones and the Skeleton Crew find the Red Skull) and edited the dialogue a bit to include the lines "He's alive! It's a miracle!" And then post it in the Ruin the Moment Thread.
The Unbreakable Johann Scmidt.

Sadly my copy of photoshop has been broken for a long while.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The way the sequence actually goes in the next issue is pretty strong and weird all on it's own, without need for Photoshop. He's about to break and just give up and die, he's hallucinating, but the last hallucination is Captain America(Going all 'I expected better of you' and such)...and from that, he draws the strength and hatred to survive. And he hates himself for it.

I think it turned up here a few times.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 20, 2016

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Kalli posted:

Captain America 367.

Red Skull looks like he's trying to come up with the best Costanza comeback and just can't do it.

He's probably sulking down there for a few days going,
"Ja?! Well, der Jerk store called, and they're running out of YOU! Ja, I'm totally going to burn him with that the next time I see him!"

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Kalli posted:

Captain America 367.

I think that's the first time I've seen that page without the photoshop of Skull saying "Take me to your jew gold!" as it fades out.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gavok posted:

Well, gosh, I'm sorry there, champ. I was just trying to let people know about it. People cross post in threads all the time.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Those last three panels are RS noticing how easy it will be to do a running jump off the wall and grab that hatch.

It opens upward, how would you even

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Jump, grab handle, wedge self into square space underneath with the power of nazi superscience, push the hatch open enough to get fingers in gap, haul self out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ah, yes, it appears I have forgotten the medium.