Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

What I love most about Cool Games Inc. is that there's some genuinely good game ideas in there. A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon? A Trauma Center x Twinkle Star Sprites game where how good you are puts poo poo your opponent's field? Sign me right the gently caress up.

Yeah, I would participate in a Cool Games Inc. game jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

What I love most about Cool Games Inc. is that there's some genuinely good game ideas in there. A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon? A Trauma Center x Twinkle Star Sprites game where how good you are puts poo poo your opponent's field? Sign me right the gently caress up.

I'm surprised no one (as far as I know) has made a surgeon simulator style cooking game, even with edible food. Seems like a subject ripe for exploitation. Injuries, poorly cut meat, accidental fires, etc.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lor posted:

PS: Did Freddy Wong actually contribute to the response as mentioned in the episode? Was it a tweet? I can't seem to find it and would love to see it.

https://twitter.com/fwong/status/696735878677303296

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Silentman0 posted:

There's CRAWL where one player controls the hero & up to three others control the monsters, and it is wicked fun.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Griffin should definitely play Cook, Serve, Delicious, it is manic enough to fit his al dente taste.
i am surprised they have not collaborated with bonerman, inc. yet

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Silentman0 posted:

A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon?

There's Dungeonland, except the GM also has to do some deckbuilding I think??? They also have an evil laugh button.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travis' new podcast!

https://twitter.com/InterroCast/status/700519360977219585

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Griffin should definitely play Cook, Serve, Delicious, it is manic enough to fit his al dente taste.
i am surprised they have not collaborated with bonerman, inc. yet

This is actually not the worst game and is also a great way to keep your 10-year-old niece entertained when she visits you for a few days so you can relax for five god drat minutes without hearing about some weird kid movie you haven't seen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got power in my free copy of Jet Set Radio and instantly used it for evil.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i'd be concerned about that last one, dunno how Sega feels about copyrighted material freely accessible in their game

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

detectivemonkey posted:

This is actually not the worst game
Screw 'not the worst', CSD is the loving best game.

CSD2 is the game I'm most eagerly anticipating in 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I got power in my free copy of Jet Set Radio and instantly used it for evil.

Spreading McElroy memes can only be good, friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/700739775116881920

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Griffin shouldn't be posting spoilers to his own shows. Really putting the cart before the horse here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVwgiZ3xao

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

"Now it's time for this quick brown fox to jump into my lazy mouth."

Also that image for Peppy looked... not wholesome.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Really glad he's finally taking some safety precautions.

Also, the Kung Fu Panda 3 ad on the fake Polygon article was a nice touch.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Sleeveless posted:

The Kung Fu Panda movies are legit good.

Just got around to listening to the newest episode, it's weird hearing them be fake ironic excited for something you're genuinely excited for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In case of a choking emergency, I can just pull on the Choking Buddy and AW, BEANS!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Silentman0 posted:

Just got around to listening to the newest episode, it's weird hearing them be fake ironic excited for something you're genuinely excited for.

didn't know you were so into panda buttholes

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Toxxupation posted:

didn't know you were so into panda buttholes

It's a very well-animated butthole.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bushmeister posted:

Also that image for Peppy looked... not wholesome.

i just saw someone post the full image of that and you're right it isn't

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't do this one!

I have to put these in my mouth!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://soundcloud.com/ian-christensen-1/fishlifting-with-bobby

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Coolgames Inc is very enjoyable.

I am of mixed feelings re: the spoiling of the chosen game's title in the name of each episode. The build to each title is an important part of the journey, though it is also fun to listen along and seem them arrive at it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I'm enjoying Coolgames Inc but I would be 100% ok with them dropping the whole guest section. I can see that weighing the show down each week if they keep having to invite Polygon staffers that aren't Justin on that aren't funny or creative enough to keep up with the show's concept.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Nick used to intern for Giant Bomb, they should get some of those guys in. Or actually just have it rotate between Justin and Jeff Gerstmann.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Whizbang posted:

Nick used to intern for Giant Bomb, they should get some of those guys in. Or actually just have it rotate between Justin and Jeff Gerstmann.

That show is basically made for Vinny to guest on.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

this seems like a job for smallbusinessman, tbh

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The various Polygonners have all seemed a little corny or confused at times, but I appreciate that they've all approached 'not getting' Griffin and Nick's concepts (either of the game, or the show itself) in different ways.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm liking CoolGames, Inc but the best part of each episode is the crazy ideas for games that they get from Twitter rather than anything the hosts actually do.

I would love if the podcast catches on enough to inspire a Peter Molydeux-esque game jam.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sleeveless posted:

I'm liking CoolGames, Inc but the best part of each episode is the crazy ideas for games that they get from Twitter rather than anything the hosts actually do.

I would love if the podcast catches on enough to inspire a Peter Molydeux-esque game jam.

Yeah, I enjoy them "designing" the game of the week, and even the pitch. Attempting to conceptualize the Twitter submissions is definitely the best part, though, and it gives the podcast the odd quality of starting very strong and winding down over its entire length.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Coolgames, from toe to tip.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drunkboxer posted:

I like Coolgames, from toe to tip.

It's definitely more of a Bart than a Blart.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf7GfUORHtw

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The StarFox amiibo corner is easily the best yet. Every joke is on point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kidcoelacanth posted:

aw beans

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

kidcoelacanth posted:

are you saying supporting local business is a loving "joke", what's wrong with you

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm sad Griffin's Goofers got cut but I can respect that he didn't want to tarnish the journalistic integrity of his otherwise completely objective reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dunno, I think Griffin's Goofers maybe something special he pulls out. Like if he does a goofer every time we will know to expect them, I think he is playing smart with the Goofers.