Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Futaba Anzu posted:

I just skimmed a zodiac thing for the first time and apparently the signs and whatnot also have an element associated with them? And you also have an inner animal based off which month you're born in, too. I know it's all a bunch of bullshit, but it's pretty lucky how literally every single one of my signs are tied to water, and water is my favorite type.

The western zodiac does too, IIRC you've got a moon sign, sun sign, rising sign, setting sign, all sorts of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

How the hell is Swanna the Rooster? It's a drat swan!

Anyway, if you're still checking people's zodiac, 16/01/1993.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Stunfisk is my spirit animal

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My mother's maiden name was Pikachu, I grew up on Pikachu Boulevard, my first pet was a goldfish named Pikachu, and I attended Pikachu university.

bulbasaur

extra stout posted:

Pölzl, Salzburger Vorstadt 219, Blondi, Lambach

charmander

Blaze Dragon posted:

My mother used a mononym, I was born in a boat, I never owned a pet and I was homeschooled. So what Pokemon am I?

renamon

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Ometeotl posted:

:hfive:

:hfive:

Double :hfive: for same day and same year.

drat, that's only a day away.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I'm a Gothitelle trapped in a Slaking's body

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'm agumon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm Dabir

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

HoneyBoy posted:

I'm agumon

pleased to meet you, big fan

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

I was under the impression growing up that I was a type of dog. Skarmory is cool though.

The year of the dog started on January 25th on the year you were born, so you just missed it.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

How the hell is Swanna the Rooster? It's a drat swan!

Anyway, if you're still checking people's zodiac, 16/01/1993.

Swanna is the Water Rooster. We don't have enough chicken pokemon to cover all 5 types! Blaziken fits perfectly as the Fire Rooster, but the others are Skarmory, Archeops, Swanna and Tropius. Tropius is the only grass type pokemon with wings, so it'll do for the Rooster.

Also, due to your January birthday, you are not a Water Rooster, but a Water Monkey, Simipour.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Considering it's the signature move of the Pikachu line you'd think Volt Tackle would have a more unique animation. It's arguable if it looks any more impressive than Wild Charge.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Picked up Super Mystery Dungeon and it is over-the-top precious. However, I can't seem to find where to turn Streetpass on. I heard Pelipper Island would do it, but they all just tell me I need to activate it, they don't give me the option to actually turn it on.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Nessa posted:

The year of the dog started on January 25th on the year you were born, so you just missed it.

I was born on the 29 th though. I'm a little confused now. Maybe I don't understand how the Chinese New Uear Calendar works, which is possible because I don't understand how the Chinese New Year Calendar works.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 20, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

4/20 1969.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

I was born on the 29 th though. I'm a little confused.

Okay, that's just me being a dummy and misreading it then. You are a Water Dog.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So suicune? Or Vaproeon. Either way, yaaaay!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It took the recent GBS Pokemon thread to make me realize there are no pure flying type. Is this true? I think it is, and that is crazy...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It took the recent GBS Pokemon thread to make me realize there are no pure flying type. Is this true? I think it is, and that is crazy...

Tornadus says hi.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Tornadus, innit? I forgive you not knowing this, because gently caress the genies.

e:
:five:

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 20, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah, anything that might theoretically be pure flying is instead Normal/Flying

Except Tornadus I think?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kecleon and Greninja.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dabir posted:

Kecleon and Greninja.

just like Arceus those dont count

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm counting them and Arceus too, you can't stop me

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh yeah Tornadus...that one slips the mind.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kelp Plankton posted:

just like Arceus those dont count

atheists :jerkbag:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cherubi

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Since my US business trip was cancelled, is there any kind soul here that could PM me a Mew Code?

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Hey I'm replaying Pokemon Y and want to play the game with 6 random eggs.

Can one/some of you send me one to six eggs (preferably from a different species)? My FC is: 2895 - 9068 - 6799

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Ice_Mallet posted:

Can one/some of you send me one to six eggs (preferably from a different species)? My FC is: 2895 - 9068 - 6799

I've got one fresh and ready for you, I think you'll like it!

I'm on now

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ice_Mallet posted:

I've got a couple extra eggs.
4141-2269-7745

E: On now.

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 21, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I hope you were the one with the Japanese name!

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Oh, sorry my name is Schmidt. Knew I forgot something. I added you, adding Nth now.

EDIT: Thanks Nth, I only need 3 more eggs now!

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 21, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ice_Mallet posted:

Oh, sorry my name is Schmidt. Knew I forgot something. I added you, adding Nth now.

Have fun! These were extras I accidentally bred up for my living pokedex project, I'm pretty sure I sent 3 different species over. If you get a dupe from me, let me know and I'll breed up and send over something special.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Ice_Mallet posted:

If you still need some, I am more than happy to provide some eggs. FC is 2406-5121-2223. Hell, add me even if you don't need anything. I'll be on shortly.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Whoever hasn't yet, please add me

FC: 2208-8322-4731

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks Ziddar, looks like I can take one more egg.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Ice_Mallet posted:

Thanks Ziddar, looks like I can take one more egg.

Happy to be of service. One of those eggs contains the offspring of one of my most reliable partners that has been to every single region. If no one else offers one, I'm happy to send another one your way.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
And done! Thanks Nth and Ziddar!

Looks like a pretty solid team! I'm keeping Camouflage on Deerling forever so it can deal with the Ice areas since it seems too appropriate to pass up.

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 21, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That looks like a fun team. I've been thinking of replaying X, and now I think I'm going to leave my team up to you goons when I'm ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Die Laughing posted:

That looks like a fun team. I've been thinking of replaying X, and now I think I'm going to leave my team up to you goons when I'm ready.

I'm hoping Z comes along before I replay Y. Got Fire Emblem to tide me over while I patiently wait!

• Locked thread