Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Maybe it has just become a routine for him, and he would be shocked if you actually gave him a discount.

Yeah, you definitely need to give it to him one time and play it as if it's no thing. But then never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alaois posted:

did I scroll past him and not notice or is Skullamania not on that list and also why is he not number 1
EX characters are non-canon and also not owned by Capcom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he's crazy.

Maybe Rhyno's crazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he's crazy.

Maybe Rhyno's crazy.

Aint no maybe.

After his failed attempts to barter he ends up buying two or three out if the 15 books he's pulled. And of course he leaves the unpurchased booms on the counter.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Aint no maybe.

After his failed attempts to barter he ends up buying two or three out if the 15 books he's pulled. And of course he leaves the unpurchased booms on the counter.

Doesn't that mean he wouldn't be able to afford the whole stack at half-off even if you said yes?
:psyduck:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

oh man :saddowns:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Aint no maybe.

Booms?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

So...

Those aren't gloves, are they? That's just how their hands look, right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't answer these questions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where's that creepy gently caress who dropped BSS into the Sonic books? He'd know if they are gloves.

Edit: I guess after I left some dude had a hissy fit over Spider-man getting top billing on Spider-man/Deadpool.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 18, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have it on good authority that Sonic isn't supposed to have blue arms. You should boycott that comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I have it on good authority that Sonic isn't supposed to have blue arms. You should boycott that comic.

Lemme grab my mace.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Where's that creepy gently caress who dropped BSS into the Sonic books? He'd know if they are gloves.

Edit: I guess after I left some dude had a hissy fit over Spider-man getting top billing on Spider-man/Deadpool.

Comic book stores sound weird

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want to work in one, Rhyno please take me as your apprentice. I'm not a hard worker and will spend all my time reading in a beanbag, but I look cute in uniforms.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ghostlight posted:

Skullomania is to Street Fighter as Rom: Spaceknight is to Marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Comic book stores sound weird

I love my job. Monday we begin gearing up for FCBD, the best day of the year in comic book retail.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I applied to work at my comic shop about a dozen times but they never hired me. So I had to get myself a real job.

I'm still bitter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I could run a comic shop if I was a gentleman of idle leisure but it seems to me like it's a roller coaster ride of fiscal terror.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

In three different Amalgam events, someone ends up combined with Iceman, and it makes less sense each time. First is Ice, which, OK. A little redundant, but they won't all be winners.

The next time is Aquaman, and, whaaat? I guess icebergs are in the sea, and the deep sea can be cold. Water and ice are natural cohorts, so I guess it works, if awkwardly.

The last time, Iceman is combined with Impulse, as Quick Freeze. I don't even.

(Side note: At the same time Iceman and Aquaman combine, so do Flash and Cannonball. I will accept no name for this Amalgam character but Cannonball Run.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does Cannonball Run's Speed Force Field make him nigh invulnerable when he's runnin'?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I found Harley Quinn's theme song.

Squizzle posted:

The last time, Iceman is combined with Impulse, as Quick Freeze. I don't even.

Should have been Flash Freeze, come on Amalgam.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Squizzle posted:

(Side note: At the same time Iceman and Aquaman combine, so do Flash and Cannonball. I will accept no name for this Amalgam character but Cannonball Run.)
Speedball.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Speedball.

That's Snowflame + Karen Page.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Eric Stephenson's been laying down some truth, lately.

If only the big two would listen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

"We keep marketing the fear of missing out as excitement" is a very true sentence.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I'd love to get an magical list of which publishers/editors are not reading their own comics, they deserve to be publicly shamed. It's one thing to gamble on a pitch that goes sour on the page, but another level of jerk to not pay attention to your end product.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sent from BSS to Your Candidate Sucks, and this was the first post I saw:

Mr. Pumroy posted:

thks is like when hal jordan became parallax and the green lantern corp brought sinestro out of prison to stop him after all else failed

Re: Cruz potentially cozying up to the GOPe.

It was a weird moment for me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am getting really tired of millenials complaining about how bad millenials are and then getting really mad when informed that they are themselves millenials.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lurdiak posted:

I am getting really tired of snake people complaining about how bad snake people are and then getting really mad when informed that they are themselves snake people.

Honestly instead of millenial they should just say "i hate people younger than me because they like things I don't for reasons I don't understand". Stupid young people get off my lawn!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Len posted:

Honestly instead of millenial they should just say "i hate people younger than me because they like things I don't for reasons I don't understand". Stupid young people get off my lawn!

See, this is why people disagree with me when I'm obviously right about everything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I am getting really tired of snake people complaining about how bad snake people are and then getting really mad when informed that they are themselves snake people.

Honestly, we really do all need to unite and kill the boomers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

YES.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Does everyone but me have that stupid extension?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Does everyone but me have that stupid extension?

Probably, it does help put anti-millennial "think pieces" in proper perspective.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

:agreed::yeah:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i personally can't wait for the next generation to hate us millenials severely

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I've thought about the boomer issue a lot, and the main problem I see is that everyone would want to exempt parent or a grandparent or a teacher or whoever from the death squads. We'd end up killing, at best, half that vile generation.

My solution is to just revoke their voting franchise. I think it would solve most of the problems in a few years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Squizzle posted:

I've thought about the boomer issue a lot, and the main problem I see is that everyone would want to exempt parent or a grandparent or a teacher or whoever from the death squads. We'd end up killing, at best, half that vile generation.

My solution is to just revoke their voting franchise. I think it would solve most of the problems in a few years.

My alternative is just killing everyone over a certain net worth and splitting up their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

My alternative is just killing everyone over a certain net worth and splitting up their stuff.

So kill the rich and take their stuff? I can get behind that.

Let's start a violent and bloody revolution. :black101:

• Locked thread