Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

suicidesteve posted:

Apparently. Either he doesn't know how Displacer works or he shouldn't be judging an event on this level. :shrug:

Judges make mistakes and system of appeals worked the way it supposed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Madmarker posted:

Well, that's like your opinion man. I personally disagree.

Also she is a bad player, in paper. On stream she's fine, but she's missed a vial uptick, she missed a draw, and missequenced vialing in a cursecatcher game 1.

She's not that good of a player on stream, either. To her credit, she admits that she is still learning how to play the deck.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Brownhat posted:

She's not that good of a player on stream, either. To her credit, she admits that she is still learning how to play the deck.

Fair enough, I saw her stream once and she did fine, and I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt here. Not really my cup of tea though.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Madmarker posted:

Fair enough, I saw her stream once and she did fine, and I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt here. Not really my cup of tea though.

I think she needs to stream more without her husband coaching her. She wastes absurd amounts of clock when he is in the room waiting for him to tell her what to do.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Brownhat posted:

And now we wait for the appeal...

Do we really have a judge on coverage that doesn't understand how State Based Actions work?

What happened?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

This match is out of control. Robert misses his thought knot leaving the battlefield trigger and this legendary rule on eye of ugin with spreading seas on it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Abhorrence posted:

What happened?

Eldrazi Displacer targets Master of Waves. Judge rules that the Master of Waves tokens die. They don't, which is extremely basic rules stuff.

Sickening posted:

Judges make mistakes and system of appeals worked the way it supposed to.

Sure but if you can't get a ruling as simple as that right, you probably shouldn't be judging an event with thousands of dollars on the line. Like I said maybe he just didn't know what Displacer does (though that still doesn't excuse him getting the ruling wrong considering the card was right there to read.)

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Thank god for what looks like a moderated SCG chat. A female on camera, combined with the overhead camera looking down her shirt... perfect storm for morons in a twitch chat.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ahahahahahahhhhh

I was farming these for a while, buying them out at 14-28¢ the last few years, planning on backing a deck with them or some other dumbshit thing. Instead I'm just listing them at 2/3rd's the pie-in-the-sky finance listings and blowing them out on people with crippling fomo.

#mtgfinance gonna buy me a nice bottle of whiskey.

e: this is the third time I've blown out sets of 6... I'm not listing all ~90 I have because I want to make people think this card is rare.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Thank god for what looks like a moderated SCG chat. A female on camera, combined with the overhead camera looking down her shirt... perfect storm for morons in a twitch chat.

You just didn't scroll back far enough.

suicidesteve posted:

Eldrazi Displacer targets Master of Waves. Judge rules that the Master of Waves tokens die. They don't, which is extremely basic rules stuff.

Sure but if you can't get a ruling as simple as that right, you probably shouldn't be judging an event with thousands of dollars on the line. Like I said maybe he just didn't know what Displacer does (though that still doesn't excuse him getting the ruling wrong considering the card was right there to read.)

:rolleyes: The situation isn't that serious and honestly there was more wrong with that match than missing this one call.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

ShaneB posted:

SCG is sub-only chat, which cuts down on dumbasses. No one wants to pay 5 bucks just to say "tits" and get banned.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Not no one, but way fewer than will say tits and get banned for free.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
Lost my win and in for top 8 at my local pptq running a mardu-U kalitas deck. Smashed bantCo/abzan/Eldrazi... but got absolutely owned by Reflector mage. .
I need to learn how to play against that card, I clearly do not know what to do.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

DoctorOozy posted:

Lost my win and in for top 8 at my local pptq running a mardu-U kalitas deck. Smashed bantCo/abzan/Eldrazi... but got absolutely owned by Reflector mage. .
I need to learn how to play against that card, I clearly do not know what to do.

Well there isn't much to play around unfortunately. There isn't many scenarios where not casting your creatures is an overall better value for you when you are trying to play around a reflector mage bounce.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Everblight posted:

ahahahahahahhhhh

I was farming these for a while, buying them out at 14-28¢ the last few years, planning on backing a deck with them or some other dumbshit thing. Instead I'm just listing them at 2/3rd's the pie-in-the-sky finance listings and blowing them out on people with crippling fomo.

#mtgfinance gonna buy me a nice bottle of whiskey.

e: this is the third time I've blown out sets of 6... I'm not listing all ~90 I have because I want to make people think this card is rare.

What the hell are people buying these for?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

You buy 6 because you are trying to magic mtgfinance $$$$. It is incredible, thank you everblight.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It will be reprinted as a secret ghost rare in SoI, and it will be the key component of the most degenerate standard combo deck in years. Buy buy buy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sigma-X posted:

To put them in the sideboard of their 2006 standard decks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elyv posted:

To put them in the sideboard of their 2006 standard decks

I wish this was a thing people played.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sickening posted:

You buy 6 because you are trying to magic mtgfinance $$$$. It is incredible, thank you everblight.

I understand how to sell things on tcgplayer.

My question is "why did this card spike to $5?"

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

The Shortest Path posted:

I wish this was a thing people played.

For real. I mean, you don't want to keep the cardpool static literally forever but it's a shame they don't make a format that's basically the funnest standards of years past with judicious additions. Even factoring in rose-colored goggles, I feel like I take any of the Standards with Time Spiral and/or OG Ravnica over pretty much anything since.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
yeah I was at one LGS the other day joking about how Modern no longer challenged me because I'd figured out the format and the answer is "Merfolk" lmbo guess I was right

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Guy on stream just got hit by Thought-Knot Seer three consecutive turns, starting on turn 2. I know it's a bit of a nut draw but dear lord is that gross.

Of course it was a UW Eldrazi mirror so don't feel bad for him.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Sigma-X posted:

Modern madness spec. Yes, it's really that dumb.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

In the unlikely event Wizards accidentally prints one or more Madness cards that are broken in half the way some of the Delve cards were it could maybe be playable in a tier 2.5 modern deck!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Worship is going up up UP!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Worship is going up up UP!

Check your PMs EGM

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Everblight posted:

Check your PMs EGM

Yeah I just responded to you. I'm in to trade the Chains.

Edit: I'm starting to want to punch this Ryan Overturf guy.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 20, 2016

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Sickening posted:

Well there isn't much to play around unfortunately. There isn't many scenarios where not casting your creatures is an overall better value for you when you are trying to play around a reflector mage bounce.

It is very possible my problem is trying to play around it

I have been agonising about if there may be some legs in playing Horribly Awry SB? or Despise over some Duress? or even switching to Transgress!! In a somewhat panicked way.

Maybe I should stop worrying and jam my dudes.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah I just responded to you. I'm in to trade the Chains.

Edit: I'm starting to want to punch this Ryan Overturf guy.

It doesn't help that Hunt is godawful, too.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Brownhat posted:

It doesn't help that Hunt is godawful, too.

It's baffling how frequently their understanding of the game is wrong.

And how frequently Matthias Hunt says exactly the opposite of what is true.

splashing blue for path to exile #mhunt

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Procrastinator posted:

splashing blue for path to exile #mhunt
Oh like you've never splashed blue for an iconic white spell before. :rolleyes:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Yawgmoth posted:

Oh like you've never splashed blue for an iconic white spell before. :rolleyes:

Yeah, especially in noted not-blue deck, Merfolk.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

And people wonder why more women don't play Magic.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kill all Magic players

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Eldrazi displacer in g/w hatebears, saw that coming when it was spoiled. Such a great card.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Brownhat posted:

And people wonder why more women don't play Magic.

I've watched her stream and she's like the most joyful magic player ever (and also married) so gently caress this guy.

E: I skipped to the part of the SCG stream he's complaining about and you can see like 2 inches of cleavage when she leans toward the table. lol

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 21, 2016

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Saw more cleavage during crackgate than that. Come on WoTC, this is a kids game. Get these nerds some belts.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: UW ELDRAZI MIRROR ON SCG! :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Just in case you thought maybe they'd show something new or interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
If anything that guy should be complaining about the really loose play during their match on both sides as opposed to a little cleavage. Between that match and the dude going up against Majors playing the Island to let Majors Islandwalk right through his board was pretty embarrassing. Majors even waited two turns because I am guessing he was figuring his opponent was trying to lure him into a trap. I'm hoping it is just nerves for being on camera for these players.

• Locked thread