Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

warcrimes posted:

I'm not going to click that link but those Police Academy movies sucked so gently caress New Jersey.

i'll give you the pertinent information

Total Population: 11,176

Population per square mile: 57,116

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I agree, NY question.

The Jets ARE surplus to requirements.

I think of them as the new Jersey jets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the reason Peyton sexually assaulted that trainer and has been so vindictive about her was probably because she had reported him for academic fraud previously:

http://deadspin.com/records-trainer...dium=socialflow

quote:

Jamie Naughright wanted to overhaul disciplinary procedures for athletes at Tennessee, and she also approached administrators and coaches with plans for improving football players’ GPAs. Her approaches were met with scorn and mockery. Head coach Philip Fulmer even gave back Naughright one of her proposals with “11-1, that’s all anybody cares about,” written on it.

So now I get where Fulmer cup comes from.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Peyton Manning: literally a fraudster

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

So the reason Peyton sexually assaulted that trainer and has been so vindictive about her was probably because she had reported him for academic fraud previously:

Maybe it should be renamed to "Fulmer Sack"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mystic Stylez posted:

Fraud: a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

No one believes star football players earn the grades they get (In the SEC) so if there is no deception there is no fraud. Plus academic fraud is justified when you are 11-1. This is just a way for the NCAA to look the other way when they are cashing checks with nine fing zeros before the decimal.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I was just making a throwaway joke, calm down man

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 20, 2016

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Can someone look up the dictionary definition of the word 'humorless' for me?

Elephanthead posted:

Fraud: a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

No one believes star football players earn the grades they get (In the SEC) so if there is no deception there is no fraud. Plus academic fraud is justified when you are 11-1. This is just a way for the NCAA to look the other way when they are cashing checks with nine fing zeros before the decimal.

there we go, thanks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Make that post his av title text if Peyton comes back in the 2016 season

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I don't always hope a company goes insolvent.

But when I do it's because they air their stupid ads way too drat much.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Mystic Stylez posted:

Arrest him for his multiple crimes. Take his rings away.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait is he not being sarcastic?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, yeah, he said it in the dorkiest way possible, but he did say something about the NCAA being poo poo.

In the end isn't that what really matters?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't always hope a company goes insolvent.

But when I do it's because they air their stupid ads way too drat much.

Complaining about Draft Kings every goddamn GDT wasn't bad enough, now y'all are bitching about it months later.

Same pro tip applies- don't watch them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you don't like Draft Kings/FanDuel ads, just stop watching TV/listening to the radio/listening to podcasts/looking out the window of the train!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Alaois posted:

if you don't like Draft Kings/FanDuel ads, just stop watching TV/listening to the radio/listening to podcasts/looking out the window of the train!

Look, I get it, some of you can't mute/change channels because you've dropped the dialing wand you use on the remote trying to scratch an itchy bed sore and now it's floating around in a corpulent rear end crack like sputnik but the non stop complaining about it got old ages ago.

Also, lol if you don't duct tape dual dialing wands to your index fingers and use them as chop sticks for ramen, noobs :smuggo:

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Kalli posted:

It's also worth going through to the Washington Post article they link that has some more instructive details if you're not up on the mid-90s UTenn college football program.

The Post actually got Tegano to answer a question about the 94 class, and his response was:

quote:

Tegano still works at Tennessee as an associate athletics director. Reached by phone this week, he said he does not remember Naughright ever accusing Manning of cheating academically.

“It’s 20 years ago, and it’s hard to remember all this,” Tegano said.

He added, however, that he remembered the specific class in which the cheating allegation would have happened.

“It was a one-hour pass/fail class that was required of all athletes, and under no circumstances did Peyton Manning cheat. The class was based on attendance … It was an orientation class,” Tegano said. “Do you think he needed to cheat in a pass/fail class? … We’re talking about a man who graduated with one of the highest grade-point averages in his class.”

Well, that would seem to settle it. Unless....

quote:

In 1999, Tegano, who oversaw the tutoring of Tennessee athletes, was named in an ESPN story about Tennessee athletics officials ignoring reports of tutors doing schoolwork for football players. An English professor supported the allegations, but investigations by the school, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA found no infractions.

In 2001, Tennessee moved the tutoring program from the the athletic department to the university provost office, away from Tegano’s management.

“I was told … it was in the best interest of the university for the provost office to manage the academic support program,” Tegano said when the topic came up in his deposition.

In 2015, Manning donated $3 million to Tennessee in honor of Tegano and another longtime athletic employee. As a result of the donation, a new dining hall on campus will be named after Tegano.

Ah.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Every time I see something related SEC athlete academics I'm reminded of this:

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

whypick1 posted:

sometimes I really get the whole "death to America" thing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Let's all talk about Guards We're Proud Of instead.

I'm still an Iupati man myself

Walter Jones. Dunno what he got into off the field though.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
When he gently caress me good I get him scholared by Red Lobster

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

whypick1 posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

whypick1 posted:

Every detail of this is peak_SEC.jpg :allears:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Red Lobster

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Every detail of this is peak_SEC.jpg :allears:

The best part is that I had lost the image and it was literally the first entry in Google Image Search "SEC athlete GPA". It really says it all.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Don't want to tarnish the storied tradition of SEC academics.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Cam doing a thing

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

quote:

The bigger question may be why it looks like Willy Wonka dress him before he went out for the night…

Because he's high... duh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

effectual posted:

Walter Jones. Dunno what he got into off the field though.

Pushing his Escalade up and down hills in the greater Seattle metro area

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to think Cam and Mariota smoke weed together in Nash

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Donkwich posted:

I'd like to think Cam and Mariota smoke weed together in Nash

You don't smoke weed in Nashville.

You drink.

A lot.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The Onion is giving Goodell ideas.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mystic Stylez posted:

Just makes the Broncos Super Bowl victory even more impressive since they won despite a fraud leading the offense

Cam owns

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 21, 2016

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Do Broncos fans even like/care for Peyton that much

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

You drink.

A lot.

That shine is good poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

You drink.

A lot.

Dewshine the somehow more dangerous meth.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Robert Klemko: My Gronk Party Ship source reports Gronk offers couple "10 grand cash right now if you bang in front of everybody."

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Kalli posted:

Robert Klemko: My Gronk Party Ship source reports Gronk offers couple "10 grand cash right now if you bang in front of everybody."

That's all he's got? Come on dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

*in dan lebatard voice* but what if it was cam doing these things?????

• Locked thread