Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Trump is a con man. But if you just believe everything he says its all good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmijVqQEpD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

I really want him to be president because it will gently caress the SJW cohort so badly.
I also want to get all the loving illegals out too.
And no more terrorists can come to the country

Three things that will definitely happen if Trump is elected.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Trump is a charismatic leader. It's been over a generation since this country has had one of this caliber, so the cognitive dissonance is off the loving charts as people face what is, to them, a radical novelty. The typical American, educated or not, has a grasp of history on part with a 1984's prole so this is all very surprising to them.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

User posted:

Trump is a charismatic leader.
you people make this too loving easy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
go back to trolling adtrw or whatever; 90% of us are just in it for the giggles.

but im a tru belieber

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

User posted:

Trump is a charismatic leader. It's been over a generation since this country has had one of this caliber, so the cognitive dissonance is off the loving charts as people face what is, to them, a radical novelty. The typical American, educated or not, has a grasp of history on part with a 1984's prole so this is all very surprising to them.

Is Trump really all that much more charismatic than 2008 Obama? I suppose it's been a while since the GOP has had a leader worth half a poo poo.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Is Trump really all that much more charismatic than 2008 Obama? I suppose it's been a while since the GOP has had a leader worth half a poo poo.

In 2008 Whites voted for Obama to show how not racist they were, not because he's actually charismatic. We all see how that worked out. In 2012 a ham sandwich could have beaten Romney.

Edit: Obama is also clearly politically talented, there is no denying that.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Breaking news: Trump now has Jedi powers

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Reagan, Clinton, and Obama were/are all incredibly charismatic, W Bush had a lot of charm, if not what you think of Charisma in a president.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

User posted:

In 2008 Whites votes for Obama to show how not racist they were, not because he's actually charismatic. We all see how that worked out.

It worked out as a comfortable 2012 win :confused:

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

User posted:

p much

"charismatic leadership" in the original Weberian sense means raving mad guy who wants to destroy the established political order and makes no sense to people who don't buy into him, not "guy who gives nice speeches" or whatever

Trump is basically the 2016 equivalent of this:

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Bushiz posted:

Reagan, Clinton, and Obama were/are all incredibly charismatic, W Bush had a lot of charm, if not what you think of Charisma in a president.

Lots of today's voters don't even remember the Reagan presidency. Clinton played a charming person on television, but if you look at the quality of the women he slept with I kind of doubt that story. Do you really think a high charisma man occupying the office of President of the United States couldn't do better than Monica Lewinsky? Now Kennedy, there is an example of a man with charisma.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

User posted:

Lots of today's voters don't even remember the Reagan presidency. Clinton played a charming person on television, but if you look at the quality of the women he slept with I kind of doubt that story. Do you really think a high charisma man occupying the office of President of the United States couldn't do better than Monica Lewinsky? Now Kennedy, there is an example of a man with charisma.

agree, Monica Lewinsky was a pretty low energy affair, should have banged a model

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Obama's a charismatic guy. Let us not forget that he is the only person in recorded history who has ever stumped the Trump.

They're more similar than either of them would like to admit.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

Obama's a charismatic guy. Let us not forget that he is the only person in recorded history who has ever stumped the Trump.

They're more similar than either of them would like to admit.

It's cool I wasn't gonna call you racist.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Just hours before Republican voters were expected to head to the polls in South Carolina, Courageous Conservative Political Action Committee, a pro-Cruz group, was robo-calling voters and warning them that Donald Trump was an advocate for gay rights and would force "people to bake cakes and photograph gay weddings," BuzzFeed reported Friday night.

According the BuzzFeed story, the call plays a NECN interview with Donald Trump where the reporter identifies herself as gay and asks Trump whether she can expect that he would expand rights to the gay community if he were elected to serve in the White House.

“Well, you can," Trump replies according to BuzzFeed. "And look, that’s your thing, and other people have their thing. We have to bring all people together.”

The robo call, however, goes on to say that Trump's support for gay rights really means Trump supports so much more than just "tolerance."

“It’s about mandatory celebration. It’s about forcing people to bake cakes and photograph gay weddings. Forcing clergy to officiate. It’s about transgender bathrooms in your child’s school. It’s about tearing down our Judeo-Christian values. It’s about tearing down our America," the voice on the robo call says, according to BuzzFeed.

The call urges voters to support Cruz over Trump "before it is too late."

Cruz's official campaign told BuzzFeed that they had nothing to do with the robo call, which has become a trademark tool of close and hard-fought primary election fights in the state.

Trump and Cruz are locked in a bitter battle in South Carolina where Trump's once double-digit lead has shrunk considerably as Cruz has sought to mobilize his grassroots army and appeal to voters's deep, evangelical faith. As it stands now, Cruz and Trump are leaning on South Carolina to finally decide who the GOP frontrunner really is.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why can't trump fix his hair so it doesn't look like a loving dog abortion

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Please tell me that's not real.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I come for the funnies but I stay for clicking through pages and pages of racechat!

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Trump is saving the haircut for the general.

Edit: At least 10% of the voting population will be like "wow he changed his hair I can vote for him now" and he'll win in a landslide.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

User posted:

Trump is saving the haircut for the general.

Edit: At least 10% of the voting population will be like "wow he changed his hair I can vote for him now" and he'll win in a landslide.

The inauguration will be Vince McMahon and Steve Austin shaving his head, and we will realize too late we've elected Lex Luthor

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harold Stassen posted:

The inauguration will be Vince McMahon and Steve Austin shaving his head, and we will realize too late we've elected Lex Luthor
lex luthor isn't a ginger

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The Saurus posted:

Please tell me that's not real.

The hair is real, the colour is not.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Harold Stassen posted:

The hair is real, the colour is not.

Heh.

But I meant the Ted Cruz cake thing.

If it's real then Ted Cruz, and his supporters, are the scum of the earth.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

The Saurus posted:

Heh.

But I meant the Ted Cruz cake thing.

If it's real then Ted Cruz, and his supporters, are the scum of the earth.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/11/senator-ted-cruz-president-campaign-facebook-user-data

Edit: Cruz's sole job in this campaign is to kill Trump's early momentum and then his campaign will collapse because there are, happily, not enough scum of the earth and useful idiots (that will fall for a toadlike creep) in the GOP electorate to get him nominated, and most of them are in proportional primary states.

User has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Feb 20, 2016

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

did i miss this getting posted in the thread:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/trump-hails-torture-mass-killings-pigs-blood-ammo-sc

quote:

The standout topic, however, was terrorism and national security. Trump repeated – favorably – an apparent myth about how General John Pershing summarily executed dozens of Muslim prisoners in the Philippines with tainted ammunition during a guerilla war against the occupying United States.

“He took fifty bullets, and he dipped them in pig’s blood,” Trump said. “And he had his men load his rifles and he lined up the fifty people, and they shot 49 of those people. And the fiftieth person he said ‘You go back to your people and you tell them what happened.’ And for 25 years there wasn’t a problem, okay?”

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

War is hell.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gently caress yes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Baloogan posted:

when people read about this in history books they will not believe it

I don't believe it.

History and people have always been this weird. That is the great part of history.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
TRUMP

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oh hey, someone does remember the Philippines crushing of noble freedom fighters against a tyrannical empire War!

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh hey, someone does remember the Philippines crushing of noble freedom fighters against a tyrannical empire War!

Filipinos absolutely love America, and I wouldn't be surprised if putting down the musselmen is part of it. http://www.pewglobal.org/database/indicator/1/

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
*nods* Trump.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

User posted:

*nods* Trump.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
maybe we should coat the wall in pigs blood

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
KICK HIS rear end SEABASS

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Donald Trump has probably just had the best week of his life and we all got to experience it with him :yaycloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Dahn posted:

maybe we should coat the wall in jebs blood

• Locked thread