Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

SLUM KING posted:

For some dumb reason character themes play during ranked/casual matches and stage themes in battle lounge.

That is pretty weird. It's like what Street Fighter IV did with the win quotes, but worse - it recently occurred to me that between the generic ones and the character-specific ones, Ultra must have had something like 2500 win quotes in total, but you only ever got to see a few of them since the character-specific ones only happened in Arcade Mode. The difference with music is that you can get down like a Magikist.

A priority list for the themes would be cool - put your favourite tune on top, and it gets picked whenever the associated stage or character comes on - but even if Street Fighter V is currently in de facto early access I can't see that ever being justified as a feature, especially considering the pitiful state of the actual game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Love Stole the Day posted:

Just chiming in to voice my opinion that I won't be buying SF5 because of political reasons.
sanders/trump '16 feel the clint

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Daigo is streaming on Twitch for the first time. Tons of ridiculously good Japanese players there with him. Nearly 30k viewers right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
My FC4 came today. I tried it out a little bit and already seems better than my 360 controller.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Golem II posted:

My FC4 came today. I tried it out a little bit and already seems better than my 360 controller.

360 is a notoriously bad fighting game controller. which makes smug even cooler

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Golem II posted:

I'm not much of a fighting game guy, but I just wanted to ask if you meant the Hori fighting pad. I'm not a huge fan of my wireless 360 controller's analog stick, but I'm really reticent to spent $150+ on some bigass arcade stick for a $60 game and this seems like it could be a cool alternative.

Also the Amazon comments suggests it is PC compatible, which would be useful.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

FallenGod posted:

I'm not much of a fighting game guy, but I just wanted to ask if you meant the Hori fighting pad. I'm not a huge fan of my wireless 360 controller's analog stick, but I'm really reticent to spent $150+ on some bigass arcade stick for a $60 game and this seems like it could be a cool alternative.

Also the Amazon comments suggests it is PC compatible, which would be useful.

Yes. I had to use x360ce to get it to work with SFV. Doesn't seem to have any other issues though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jmcrofts posted:

Daigo is streaming on Twitch for the first time. Tons of ridiculously good Japanese players there with him. Nearly 30k viewers right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

Sako, Tokido, Fuudo, Daigo :allears:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Golem II posted:

Yes. I had to use x360ce to get it to work with SFV. Doesn't seem to have any other issues though.

Thanks, I looked up how to set up x360ce for this and I might check and see if this is in stock at a local gamestop tomorrow (seems to be listed at $30 on their website, hope it's the same version).

FightingStreet
Oct 21, 2012

Take it to the bank, boys.

Gunder posted:

Reportedly PDP will be bringing a new pad to market in time for MK XL. God knows what that will be like though, as they have a bit of a checkered history with build quality.

I've heard almost nothing but bad things about PDP's pads (especially the MKX one) so I definitely wouldn't take the risk. Hori has a way more trustworthy reputation.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I have the FC3 Pro and my only complaint is the d-pad moving independently. Other than that it's a solid pad, I imagine the FC4 follows in its footsteps.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
You can just put in the OP the Hori FC is a great pad and a step up from the PS4 controler, a massive step up from the 360/Xbone pads, and the new Madcatz fightpad is terrible.

The Hori is also on amazon for 30 bucks drat near every other week.

Also the Madcatz fightstick Alpha is terrible according to lots of reviews out now. Much better to save up another 70 and get a Hori Rap4 Kai.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Nitramster posted:

You can just put in the OP the Hori FC is a great pad and a step up from the PS4 controler, a massive step up from the 360/Xbone pads, and the new Madcatz fightpad is terrible.

The Hori is also on amazon for 30 bucks drat near every other week.

Also the Madcatz fightstick Alpha is terrible according to lots of reviews out now. Much better to save up another 70 and get a Hori Rap4 Kai.

Bummer. The Alpha being terrible solidifies my decision to just buy a Brooks converter for my old rear end 360 TE

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

teagone posted:

Sako, Tokido, Fuudo, Daigo :allears:

HOW ARE YOU LEAVING OUT NUKI AND HAITANI? NO MY CAPSLOCK ISNT ON I AM ACTUALLY ANGRY AT YOU TEAGONE

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FightingStreet posted:

I've heard almost nothing but bad things about PDP's pads (especially the MKX one) so I definitely wouldn't take the risk. Hori has a way more trustworthy reputation.

Echoing this - I know several people who had the PDP SF4 pad and had it break in less than a year.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

Bummer. The Alpha being terrible solidifies my decision to just buy a Brooks converter for my old rear end 360 TE

I was really looking forward to the Alpha being viable since I like to ride my motorcycle everywhere and it would fit in a tank bag easily. But nope, people hate the buttons, hate the stick, hate the feel.

Major Bummer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nitramster posted:

Also the Madcatz fightstick Alpha is terrible according to lots of reviews out now.

i found this picture comparing it to an older hori model. the layout is incredibly tight and apparently it has no metal parts at all so it has no weight at all with no size.either. its a disaster

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Someone posted an issue with routers in this thread and SFV and I can't seem to find it. Can someone relink the article?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rashid is fun to use but feels so cheap :3:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Does Nash have any threatening antiairs without V trigger? Seems like such hard work when I want to keep someone out and I get to do 60-80 damage a pop if I don't gently caress up which normal I pick unless I spend an EX bar for about 120 damage.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Diego stream comes on and they are playing Ken and R-mika. Cut to ranked mode. Everyone is Ken and Mika. What a coincidence...

Edit: Not complaining mind you. These past 6 wins have been fantastic.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Since we're kinda doing sticktalk, let me throw out a recommendation for the Qanba Q4RAF 3in1 if you're on PC. Both my brother and me got it for SFV and random bullet hell shmups and it's really good. You can also use it on both x360 and ps3, which is a nice bonus.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Nitramster posted:

Pretty much.

Since SFV came out I've been doing some research on pads and sticks and it looks like the most viable options start out with the FC4 then the RAP4 with nothing great in between.

Was thinking about building my own stick but mathed it out and determined that it would cost drat near as much as the RAP4 anyway. If I already had the equipment I'd need it would be a fun project but I lack both the tools and the skill at the moment.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Foodahn posted:

HOW ARE YOU LEAVING OUT NUKI AND HAITANI? NO MY CAPSLOCK ISNT ON I AM ACTUALLY ANGRY AT YOU TEAGONE

Lmao, it's because I'm a scrub who only watches combo videos from the 4 I mentioned. Haitani played Hugo in SF4 right? :haw:

[edit] I don't know who Nuki is.

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 21, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Lmao, it's because I'm a scrub who only watches combo videos from the 4 I mentioned. Haitani played Hugo in SF4 right? :haw:

[edit] I don't know who Nuki is.

haitani is a scrub that got bodied by a random brazilian don't worry bout him

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Metrohunter posted:

Does Nash have any threatening antiairs without V trigger? Seems like such hard work when I want to keep someone out and I get to do 60-80 damage a pop if I don't gently caress up which normal I pick unless I spend an EX bar for about 120 damage.

cr.MP or EX sonic scythe (the flashkick move)

Dias posted:

haitani is a scrub that got bodied by a random brazilian don't worry bout him

hey man i respect the national pride and all BUT WATCH YOUR FUCKIN MOUTH TALKIN ABOUT HAITANI LIKE THAT

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Air throw is good in this game too

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I finally got to play today, I was on vacation when it was released. I'm super awful, I played a ton tonight and only won 3 matches. I'm sticking to Ryu and trying to learn how to block, anti air, and a few other basic things. I have a TE2 that I bought for GG Xrd, which I never really played, so that's fun too. Good times.

I really want to play Vega but I also want to learn the game before I attempt him.

Capcom ID HappyHedonist if there are any other complete scrubs that want to screw around tomorrow, or whenever.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

I said threatening, and without EX. I know his antiair normals, just wondering if there's anything I missed that makes opponents actually worried about anything more than 80 damage for trying to jump in.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Has anyone tried their PS3 sticks on a ps4? Any issues besides requiring a dual shock plugged in?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Hedonist posted:

I finally got to play today, I was on vacation when it was released. I'm super awful, I played a ton tonight and only won 3 matches. I'm sticking to Ryu and trying to learn how to block, anti air, and a few other basic things. I have a TE2 that I bought for GG Xrd, which I never really played, so that's fun too. Good times.

I really want to play Vega but I also want to learn the game before I attempt him.

Capcom ID HappyHedonist if there are any other complete scrubs that want to screw around tomorrow, or whenever.

cfn: rocsfeather and on the same ryu plan as you

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I drank a bit and everyone is a fuckin' Nash pressing whatever the gently caress whenever they want beating whichever button I press. gently caress, I suck at fighting games.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Booyah- posted:

Has anyone tried their PS3 sticks on a ps4? Any issues besides requiring a dual shock plugged in?

is it like MKX where you have to plug in a ps4 controller first and do all this other juggling n poo poo?

Definitely going to have to get a ps4 controller for ComboBreaker :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just held downback for half a second and got hit by a flipback aerial recovery cr.MK anyway. Time to go play something else.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

Rashid is fun to use but feels so cheap :3:

Teleporting Rashids are impossible to deal with.

Corevena
Oct 7, 2015
Hi im on a school residence and when i start up sfv it sits at the V screen then comes up with this error, At first i thought that is was blacking the ports for their servers so i emailed the res net provider and they returned with saying all the ports are open on my network.
Any ideas on what could be causing the error? Its the same both on PS4 and PC.

Error:
"Game play will continue in offline mode.
You must log in again to the server to use the network functions.
*Please log in using the () Login option in the main menu."

Image of error:
http://imgur.com/xvmZ6xa

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Do any of your other games work? Because this:

Corevena posted:

so i emailed the res net provider and they returned with saying all the ports are open on my network.

is the default "wow I don't care that video games don't work in the dorms" response you'll always get from a school.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if anyone wants to play agaisnt a scrub tier ryu send an invite to cfn: rocsfeather im online now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Still on?

• Locked thread