Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
700 bucks for an ugly sweater :signings: I am in the wrong line of work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm back to my super awesome work and I have not much to do. New team.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Google's music streaming service is just terrible. Bad interface, full of ads, designed to push album purchases. Really annoying that it's pretty much the only free place left.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I put too much water in my instant oatmeal this morning, now I have basically apple cinnamon porridge to eat.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Choco1980 posted:

I put too much water in my instant oatmeal this morning, now I have basically apple cinnamon porridge to eat.

:psyduck: Aren't oatmeal and porridge the same thing?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Life Lessons: Just because a game supports Mac, doesn't mean it runs well on your old weak general use Mac just because you didn't feel like lugging out your bulky gaming laptop. :sigh: Now I have to wait for the game to download again.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

cyberia posted:

:psyduck: Aren't oatmeal and porridge the same thing?

Thick versus soupy. Not really a major difference, hence being a FWP.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

My belt buckle broke off this morning, so I have to hold up my pants while walking all day until I can go to the store after work.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I love collecting memorabilia for games I enjoy, but I missed out on getting the keychains and special edition for Fire Emblem Fates. :smith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

At least you have the game. My FWP is having a ton of trouble resisting the temptation to read the spoilers thread for it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I took apart and cleaned my mouse for the first time in about 5 years (don't wait 5 years to clean your mouse). Now it has much more oomph to the clicks, and it's throwing me off a little.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
That reminds me that apparently someone removed all the keys on the keyboards at work to clean them and now my space bar is irritatingly stiff.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I made a bowl of cereal and then went and talked with my dad about stuff and now my cereal is soggy :saddowns:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I bought the digital copy of FO4 and despite being 30 gigs, it downloaded in an hour. I booted it up ready to look for my dead gay son and it turns out it only downloaded the SPECIAL videos that play while it downloads 26 more gigs of game. Because it downloads via FO4 and not the PS downloader, i cant play any other games while waiting because FO4 has to run to download the game. :mad:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

death .cab for qt posted:

I bought the digital copy of FO4 and despite being 30 gigs, it downloaded in an hour. I booted it up ready to look for my dead gay son and it turns out it only downloaded the SPECIAL videos that play while it downloads 26 more gigs of game. Because it downloads via FO4 and not the PS downloader, i cant play any other games while waiting because FO4 has to run to download the game. :mad:

Are you sure about that? It should be downloading in the background whether the game is on or not, you can see the actual progress if you go to system storage management/applications and get info on FO4.

E: it wouldn't make sense to have it only download through the game because then everyone who preordered would be downloading at the same time, but it was already downloaded when midnight hit so I didn't have to wait at all to play. I didn't get to see the SPECIAL videos because of that :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Feb 21, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My new laptop shipped this morning and should be here by Friday, but the new SSD and RAM I'm going to put in it won't arrive until a week after the laptop does :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Investigation into the Nevada caucus just proves that the system is rigged. I'm depressed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Our couch is a shade too small for both me and my girlfriend, length wise, to lay down and use our respective tablets/laptops on at the same time. We rarely watch TV that the couch faces, and for the longest time my tablet was old enough to not be worth using, so it was wordlessly implied that the couch was hers to relax on. But now I do have a decent tablet, and the couch is surprisingly comfy to lay down on and putz with my tablet.

I fear I've reached max FWP with this one.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Feb 22, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend can't throw away an old futon because his cat likes to sleep on it. Furniture brings out weird issues people never thought they'd have.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My friend can't throw away an old futon because his cat likes to sleep on it. Pet ownership brings out weird issues people never thought they'd have.

ftfy

I'm trying to finangle my PS1 emulator and I can't get the goddamn black bars to go away :mad: and I don't want to turn on stretching because then all the characters look wonky.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would love to have a sectional couch instead of the leather couch and leather love seat that reclines and has footrests.
They are insanely comfortable but a bitch in the summer.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
poo poo, I don't even have a couch.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

ftfy

I'm trying to finangle my PS1 emulator and I can't get the goddamn black bars to go away :mad: and I don't want to turn on stretching because then all the characters look wonky.

You'd think, seeing how there's good emulators for pretty much every system pre-PS1 and a few after it, that there'd be a good emulator for it, but there isn't.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

How do these ladybugs keep finding their way into my apartment? What are they even doing here in the middle of February?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Rare Collectable posted:

How do these ladybugs keep finding their way into my apartment? What are they even doing here in the middle of February?

They probably spent the winter hiding in a warm corner of your apartment, and the oncoming spring is perking them up.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Thats kinda what I expected now I feel bad for putting them outside since its probably still too cold out. :ohdear:

but at the same time, drat ladybug freeloaders, never even paid rent.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

If you were an entrepreneurial sort, you could gather them up and sell them like they do on Amazon. You'd need a lot though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Might not be ladybugs, might be carpet beetles.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Might not be ladybugs, might be carpet beetles.

I just looked those guys up and im pretty sure what I found were ladybugs, since they had the spots and shiny wing case.

Roro posted:

If you were an entrepreneurial sort, you could gather them up and sell them like they do on Amazon. You'd need a lot though.
And its only been a couple so far so probably not enough to sell. Unless I could pitch them as "experienced survivor bugs"tm.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Carpet beetles can also have the spots and shiny backs too.

I had em, and while they are a little annoying they aren't like OMG MAJOR PEST INFESTATION since they only eat organic material. Bug bomb and vacuum will clear em out.

Mine were a brownish color, but apparently ladybugs can be a brown color too. Life is weird man.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have too much lobster.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm tired of buying cans of compressed air, but I can't find a canless compressor on Amazon that's both relatively cheap and has good reviews. I just want to be able to dust out my PC on the regular without worrying if the two piss-squirts of 'air' left in the can will be enough to do it.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Rare Collectable posted:

My mom's old house used to get ladybug infestations at weird times of the year, too. We would find dead ones all over the place. :(

I wanted to buy a game on Steam because it was on sale this weekend, but I was really busy and forgot about it. Now I need to wait for the next Steam sale. :sigh:

Also, I spent $15 on a really pretty betta fish today. There were tons of other pretty ones, but not as pretty as this one. I really like him but I'm anxious about when to put him in the tank because I just set it up and it's got live plants and oh god what about the nitrogen levels?? :ohdear:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I was all ready to argue with a :freep: on Facebook over politics, but he didn't take the bait and join the discussion.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The GUI code I'm writing is getting increasingly ugly but I don't want to refactor it.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I bought a GTX980ti graphics card, so decided to replace my dinky little 1920x1080 21inch monitor with some 2560x1600 30inch beast.
Now my computer screen is too big :negative:
I have to physically move my head left/right to see everything on the screen.
There's not enough room on my desk to use both monitors at the same time.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I want to buy a new monitor to replace my 1680x1050 one but I don't need to.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I bought a huge hamburger at lunch break today but I was too stressed by work to eat it properly. Now I'm hungry.

Also I can't decide which video game I want to play during what little spare time I have.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Bees on Wheat posted:

Also, I spent $15 on a really pretty betta fish today. There were tons of other pretty ones, but not as pretty as this one. I really like him but I'm anxious about when to put him in the tank because I just set it up and it's got live plants and oh god what about the nitrogen levels?? :ohdear:

Do a partial water change and a very long, boring acclimation?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I bought some stuff from Nordstrom and now I'm looking at Facebook in class and everybody behind me can see all these lingerie-themed targeted ads, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I bought some stuff from Nordstrom and now I'm looking at Facebook in class and everybody behind me can see all these lingerie-themed targeted ads, probably

Is adblock/ublock not removing them? Unless they're the "targeted posts" where they're part of your newsfeed in which case, my condolences.