Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

TheScott2K posted:

Install Plex and you'll actually get invited to orgies. And not those weird anime convention hotel ones, but good ones with catering and lots of towels.

maybe to ones from people you don't even know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
So I figured out how to run the Emby server on an OpenELEC machine (in a manner of speaking). If anyone is interested I'll share the details on what I did.

As for the software itself, I'm pretty disappointed after it's been doing the rounds here for so long getting praised as if the second coming of the Messiah.

Only 79 movies out of the 101 I have on this system are being recognized, the rest don't even show up in anywhere the interface. Am I missing something or isn't it possible to manually scrape movies like in Kodi? Everything is neatly sorted into a movies/Title (year)/ folder system but Emby just pretends like the files aren't there.

On the TV end things went better, but a lot more shows get misidentified than when scraping in Kodi. It also seemed to ignore the tvshow.nfo files I already had for shows that Kodi gets wrong.

Web interface looks good but isn't as stable as one would hope, for instance it's not exactly rare that it gets stuck on loading transitions between pages. Occasionally when you back out in the middle of payback it leaves the ffmpeg transcoding process running wild in the background. Trying to seek in old files using the AVI container just throws you to the next episode if the position is outside of what's cached in the browser.

You can't use the Android client for playback without paying so I didn't bother testing it much.

The Kodi integration is REALLY good, I can understand why you like that. It's been very nice for hooking tablets into the library. Main problem I came over here is that when dealing with multi part movies, while supported in Emby's web interface, only present Kodi with the first part.

Trakt client imports are super quick, but some shows don't get watched status applied despite being correctly matched against TVDB's entries.

Emby is a pretty cool piece of software with potential, but for the time being there are too many problems for me to consider using it for any more than portable library access

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Are the missing movies in the metadata manager?

it's not like emby just sees the movies and goes "I'm going to hide these."

You either haven't configured it with their path, there's a permissions issue with the user you have emby running as, or Emby actually sees them but you have them named funny.

When I installed Emby months ago it had no problem with scanning and importing a movie library that's about 15 times the size of yours.

But anyway, what else would you use Kodi plus Emby for other than portable library access? That's kind of the whole point. Kodi by itself can already do centralized library management. I guess Emby is on some streaming boxes, so there's that I guess, but I don't see that being much of a draw for this thread.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 9, 2016

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
You are running Emby server on an unsupported platform (OpenElec may be a Linux based distro, but "Linux" support is not universal..particularly where OpenElec is concerned) - I'm guessing via some combo of chroot/debootstrap - and now you are wondering why the application acts funny/does strange things?

I'll give you a hint - my collection is also much larger than that, including numerous multi-disk and multipart episodes, and it's fine. So is the web interface. Not saying Emby is completely without issues, no software is, and you can certainly find users on the Emby forums with their own special needs but what you appear to be having problems with are pretty much the bedrock features that work for everyone else. You have another problem.

Edit: Follow Thermopyle's advice. Check the metadata manager for your "missing" movies and see if they were updated correctly. Emby pulls metadata from a variety of sources, most of them the same Kodi uses (the MovieDB, etc.) which you can also customize, btw, if you take the time to learn what you are doing.

My guess is they aren't there either and you have some weird permission issue too. The server (usually) doesn't run as the same user/group as your Kodi install (also it's not normal to run the server and client on the same PC, but people do it...just not with OpenElec) which can cause situations where you can see it in one but not the other.

Ixian fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 9, 2016

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
How is your stuff named? Name (Year)\Name (year).ext has never failed me.

In terms of stability or playback I've never had an issue. Load it up on a Windows machine for 10 minutes and see if these things persist, it will help if you care to troubleshoot it.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've also had issues with emby not scraping really obvious things that kodi was fine with. My stuff is OCD organized as moviename (year).mkv in a matching folder name.

This is on a dedicated windows box.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Thermopyle posted:

Are the missing movies in the metadata manager?

it's not like emby just sees the movies and goes "I'm going to hide these."
Yeah, turned out it was a permissions issue like you and Ixian suggested. Should've checked the logs earlier because the problem was that none of the "missing" movies had execute permission set on the folders, didn't catch that while glancing over the permissions earlier. Everything's getting picked up now.

Thermopyle posted:

When I installed Emby months ago it had no problem with scanning and importing a movie library that's about 15 times the size of yours.

Ixian posted:

I'll give you a hint - my collection is also much larger than that, including numerous multi-disk and multipart episodes, and it's fine.
No movie library shaming please.

I'm aware it's a rather modest collection. My file server got hit by lightning a while back so I've been starting the library over from scratch.

As for multipart episodes (E01E02 type stuff) there's no problem, I'm talking about movies like anthologies that are split across more than one file (movie-part1.mkv, movie-part2.mkv, etc). If you're getting these passed with file stacking to Kodi I'd like to know how you got that working.

Thermopyle posted:

But anyway, what else would you use Kodi plus Emby for other than portable library access? That's kind of the whole point. Kodi by itself can already do centralized library management. I guess Emby is on some streaming boxes, so there's that I guess, but I don't see that being much of a draw for this thread.
I was under the impression that people here were actually using it for centralized library management with the added bonus of portable access, are you saying everyone in the thread are maintaining two separate libraries? I guess it's not that bad with Trakt synchronizing watched states but it still seems cumbersome.

Ixian posted:

You are running Emby server on an unsupported platform (OpenElec may be a Linux based distro, but "Linux" support is not universal..particularly where OpenElec is concerned) - I'm guessing via some combo of chroot/debootstrap - and now you are wondering why the application acts funny/does strange things?
As far as Emby's concerned it's running on Debian so I don't see how that should cause any strange behavior.

The Gunslinger posted:

How is your stuff named? Name (Year)\Name (year).ext has never failed me.

In terms of stability or playback I've never had an issue. Load it up on a Windows machine for 10 minutes and see if these things persist, it will help if you care to troubleshoot it.
Every folder is named "Title (Year)" but the files within haven't followed a single naming pattern until recently. Emby seems to be matching on folder names like I wanted so it's all good.

I don't have a Windows system to test on at the moment but I don't think it should matter anyway, the server itself is stable. It's when transitioning between "pages" that it occasionally gets stuck, but that might be because I'm using Firefox. It's not a huge problem. ffmpeg running wild seems like a common thing regardless of OS, but unless running the web interface I don't really need transcoding. Apparently there's an idle timer that will kill transcoding jobs that aren't actually being streamed after a while.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah the transcoding on Emby still needs more work. It's higher in CPU usage than whatever Plex is doing and I've been hit with orphaned jobs a few times.

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Keito posted:

I was under the impression that people here were actually using it for centralized library management with the added bonus of portable access, are you saying everyone in the thread are maintaining two separate libraries? I guess it's not that bad with Trakt synchronizing watched states but it still seems cumbersome.

I'm not sure what he means, but Kodi doesn't really have the same kind of centralization Emby does. If a movie got scraped wrong before, I would have to go in and change on every Kodi client, now I can change it in Emby manager, and all are updated. I can also have CP, and Sonarr notify Emby directly of new downloads and it'll update immediately. I can change thumbnails, ordering, sets, all that stuff in one place.

Kodi is getting better about this, it has a share library type option but it isn't very good, you can't even use the library, it's file views. Also requires Kodi to be running on the main HTPC, no sleeping or close to to play games or whatever. Kodi can receive notifications, but again it can't be sleeping or whatever. I have a file server that's always on with CP, Sonarr, etc running so it makes sense to having the centralization happen there is much more convenient. I moved everything to the file server so I wouldn't need to leave any computers on, the only thing getting in the way of that was Kodi. I looked into running a headless Kodi instance, but it looked like it was more trouble than it was worth.

I use the streaming sometimes, I have my Mom setup so she can watch any of my stuff now which is cool. Also setup an IMDB account for her with a watchlist she can add movies to that CP is watching which is cool. If someone stays the night and has a laptop, they can have full access to the library with just a web browser, no screwing around with Kodi. It just opens up a lot more possibilities.

Edit: He actually might be talking about mySql, which is a pain in the dick to setup, and also doesn't support multiple profiles (you *can*, but requires multiple databases), where Emby does. If you don't care about that, don't care about the other features of Emby, and already have mySql setup, then I can see the argument for not switching to Emby. But there's no reason to go through the trouble of setting that up instead of Emby if you don't have it setup already.

Tanbo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 9, 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Keito posted:

No, I'm sure everyone using it is using it for centralized library management. What I'm saying is that Emby doesn't bring a ton of benefits in that area over what Kodi can already do with MySQL. I mean, it's easier to fix mis-scraped movies, but I haven't really had a problem with Kodi doing that except for very, very occasionally. The value proposition of Emby as just a centralized library is a little shaky. Now, when you add in transcoding/streaming/mobile-access that's where Emby becomes nearly a slam-dunk.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

In other news...does anyone else find that their widgets like recently-added or up-next stop updating or even have nothing listed occasionally? I'm not sure if this is a Titan issue or an Emby-as-the-backend issue...

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

In other news...does anyone else find that their widgets like recently-added or up-next stop updating or even have nothing listed occasionally? I'm not sure if this is a Titan issue or an Emby-as-the-backend issue...

I am having that problem as well. I'm using the Titan Beta though, I have seen some wonkyness overall that is being fixed in increments so I just chalked it up to it's beta status.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

redhalo posted:

I am having that problem as well. I'm using the Titan Beta though, I have seen some wonkyness overall that is being fixed in increments so I just chalked it up to it's beta status.

Yeah, I'm on Beta as well...

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
That sounds like a similar issue I've been having with Arctic Zephyr. It's something related to the Library Data Provider addon, I've seen an error about it. It's not all the time though, just once in awhile when you load Kodi. When it does happens those lists aren't updated. Digging through the log files it was a bunch of Python stuff I haven't had time to dig into related to that addon.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Anyone have a good solution or replacement for Youtube on Kodi? It just broke recently and it looks like the creator has stopped updating it. There is a kind of complicated fix but I tried it and it didn't work for me, I think because I still use an older version of kodi and the addon itself.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I don't think you're going to see a simpler fix than what's outlined. It's a miracle at all YoutTube still lets you use APIs without being served ads.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

amitlu posted:

Anyone have a good solution or replacement for Youtube on Kodi? It just broke recently and it looks like the creator has stopped updating it. There is a kind of complicated fix but I tried it and it didn't work for me, I think because I still use an older version of kodi and the addon itself.

If you really care about youtube get a chromecast. The XBMC / Kodi addon has broken before so even if the dev comes back there's no guarantee it'll work forever.

Also your answer is probably in the post: upgrade kodi and the addon to the version outlined in that link.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Kodi just updated to version 16 on my Shield TV, don't see anything on the blog yet.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
looks like the downloads are up

https://kodi.tv/download/

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh yay, 16 has all the features I want, but updating manually on my android devices is a hassle, so now I can finally go back to Google play distribution

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Horn posted:

If you really care about youtube get a chromecast. The XBMC / Kodi addon has broken before so even if the dev comes back there's no guarantee it'll work forever.

Also your answer is probably in the post: upgrade kodi and the addon to the version outlined in that link.

This. Chromecast is built into my shield and I don't know how I lived without it. YouTube in Kodi is poor.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
I send YouTube links to Kodi with yatse and they just start playing, why'd you need a Chromecast for this?

If you're a holdout on some ages old software version then yeah it's not that weird if your unmaintained add-on stops working sooner or later

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I could never get YouTube in Kodi to play at anything more than 720p. I. An cast it now and get 4k 60fps. Works the same as yatse.

Would be great if YouTube worked perfectly in kodi as you can search for music vids and so on.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Keito posted:

I send YouTube links to Kodi with yatse and they just start playing, why'd you need a Chromecast for this?

If you're a holdout on some ages old software version then yeah it's not that weird if your unmaintained add-on stops working sooner or later

You can cast almost any stream from any device. Great for stuff you can't get on YouTube.

Anyways installed Jarvis on my FireTV, no issues at all. Nice that firestarter automatically does the install -r upgrade bit so you keep all your settings.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
I can't get 4k output working from my HTPC (probably the lovely minspec video card I'm using), so I generally just accept the lower resolution because it's youtube and they have lovely encoding anyway, or I play stuff with the youtube app built into the smart TV and get my high def fix that way.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

G-Prime posted:

I can't get 4k output working from my HTPC (probably the lovely minspec video card I'm using), so I generally just accept the lower resolution because it's youtube and they have lovely encoding anyway, or I play stuff with the youtube app built into the smart TV and get my high def fix that way.

More likely lack of HDCP 2.2 somewhere in your chain. Cable, passthrough device like A/V receiver (if you have one), TV (and port on TV, not all TV's support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI ports), output from your card, and finally the player (I'm gonna take a swing and say anything built in to a Kodi addon won't qualify) - they all have to be compliant, or it'll just fall back to a lower resolution.

The new 4k BD players (Samsung has the only one on the market at the moment) even come with two HDMI ports, one just for audio passthrough, because so many people don't have HDCP 2.2 A/V receivers yet, just 4k TVs.

The fallback at least is more graceful - apps like Netflix just won't show UltraHD as an option unless HDCP is enabled. Found this out when I first tried it the hard way.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok I've noticed something new in Jarvis. I have PageDown on my Harmony remote set to send PageDown but now it pages down 2 screens instead of 1. Bloody strange, I wonder if it has something to do with the LongPress stuff.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Jarvis seems cool, time to get mySQL going for all my devices finally.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Jon Do posted:

If you haven't setup mySQL yet you should take a look at using Emby to keep your different Kodi installs synced instead. It's dead simple to setup and is seamless.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Ixian posted:

More likely lack of HDCP 2.2 somewhere in your chain. Cable, passthrough device like A/V receiver (if you have one), TV (and port on TV, not all TV's support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI ports), output from your card, and finally the player (I'm gonna take a swing and say anything built in to a Kodi addon won't qualify) - they all have to be compliant, or it'll just fall back to a lower resolution.

The new 4k BD players (Samsung has the only one on the market at the moment) even come with two HDMI ports, one just for audio passthrough, because so many people don't have HDCP 2.2 A/V receivers yet, just 4k TVs.

The fallback at least is more graceful - apps like Netflix just won't show UltraHD as an option unless HDCP is enabled. Found this out when I first tried it the hard way.

Might be the cables, I'm definitely using old ones. That said, though, my receiver's a Denon X2000 which (according to the manual) supports 4k@30, the TV's a brand new 4k set (and I'm using the correct port), and the HTPC is running a GT 610, which claims to support 4k@30. That said, realistically, I don't ACTUALLY give a drat about it, because 1080p looks great on it, and that's what all my content's in. Personally, I'm ready to chalk it up to the card or the cable, and not actually worry about it, since I didn't buy the TV for the resolution, but rather for the better color/contrast than my lovely old Westinghouse.

Jon Do posted:

Don't forget that you have to be on PRECISELY the same build number on your devices, or poo poo just doesn't work. This has a tendency to bite folks who use multiple platforms, or run bleeding edge on one device or similar. I tend to stay on a beta release on my HTPC, my Nexus Player and tablet autoupdate, and I have to manually update on my Fire TV stick. Between all of those, I just decided to opt against a DB backend for now. But then, I'm not worried about carrying watched status between devices because my wife and I rarely transition to a different room in the middle of watching something. That's the biggest benefit, as I see it. I suppose you could also say that not needing to re-scrape is a benefit, from a bandwidth perspective.

On the topic of Emby, I've basically stopped using it. I'll occasionally use it to stream something when I'm not home, or if I REALLY badly want to use bluetooth audio on my Nexus Player (I'm hoping Jarvis fixed that bug with Kodi). My main use-case for it was to curate content for my son to watch, restricted by rating. It turns out that Emby does a relatively poor job of that. Anything that's unrated, foreign, or in a rating that's not standard US stuff just gets passed through. Additionally, both movie and TV ratings are linked together, so you can't split the maximums based on the content medium. The workaround is to go through and set custom ratings on the individual movies/shows, which is extremely time consuming with a large library, and has a tendency to not work out well if you're not constantly monitoring as you add content. I had a few unrated movies that gave me pause slip through the cracks, which put questionable images up on the screensaver of my son's device.

Since I'm having to hand curate things anyway, I've moved to an alternative plan. I've got a "Curated" directory on my NAS which has subdirectories for Movies and TV. Inside those, I've gone through my library and symlinked to the content that I think is appropriate for him. Then I point his Kodi instance at those two directories. This way, I can add anything I want to the main directories of the NAS, and they won't autopopulate to him. If I want him to have access to something new, I generate the symlink real quick, and update his library. In my eyes, it's significantly faster than curating via Emby, because I only have to touch the content that I WANT him to see, rather than the stuff I don't. It's inclusion rather than exclusion, so the default is that everything is excluded until I say otherwise, which is far safer overall.

G-Prime fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 21, 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

G-Prime posted:

Might be the cables, I'm definitely using old ones. That said, though, my receiver's a Denon X2000 which (according to the manual) supports 4k@30, the TV's a brand new 4k set (and I'm using the correct port), and the HTPC is running a GT 610, which claims to support 4k@30. That said, realistically, I don't ACTUALLY give a drat about it, because 1080p looks great on it, and that's what all my content's in. Personally, I'm ready to chalk it up to the card or the cable, and not actually worry about it, since I didn't buy the TV for the resolution, but rather for the better color/contrast than my lovely old Westinghouse.

Don't forget that you have to be on PRECISELY the same build number on your devices, or poo poo just doesn't work. This has a tendency to bite folks who use multiple platforms, or run bleeding edge on one device or similar. I tend to stay on a beta release on my HTPC, my Nexus Player and tablet autoupdate, and I have to manually update on my Fire TV stick. Between all of those, I just decided to opt against a DB backend for now. But then, I'm not worried about carrying watched status between devices because my wife and I rarely transition to a different room in the middle of watching something. That's the biggest benefit, as I see it. I suppose you could also say that not needing to re-scrape is a benefit, from a bandwidth perspective.

On the topic of Emby, I've basically stopped using it. I'll occasionally use it to stream something when I'm not home, or if I REALLY badly want to use bluetooth audio on my Nexus Player (I'm hoping Jarvis fixed that bug with Kodi). My main use-case for it was to curate content for my son to watch, restricted by rating. It turns out that Emby does a relatively poor job of that. Anything that's unrated, foreign, or in a rating that's not standard US stuff just gets passed through. Additionally, both movie and TV ratings are linked together, so you can't split the maximums based on the content medium. The workaround is to go through and set custom ratings on the individual movies/shows, which is extremely time consuming with a large library, and has a tendency to not work out well if you're not constantly monitoring as you add content. I had a few unrated movies that gave me pause slip through the cracks, which put questionable images up on the screensaver of my son's device.

Since I'm having to hand curate things anyway, I've moved to an alternative plan. I've got a "Curated" directory on my NAS which has subdirectories for Movies and TV. Inside those, I've gone through my library and symlinked to the content that I think is appropriate for him. Then I point his Kodi instance at those two directories. This way, I can add anything I want to the main directories of the NAS, and they won't autopopulate to him. If I want him to have access to something new, I generate the symlink real quick, and update his library. In my eyes, it's significantly faster than curating via Emby, because I only have to touch the content that I WANT him to see, rather than the stuff I don't. It's inclusion rather than exclusion, so the default is that everything is excluded until I say otherwise, which is far safer overall.

Emby solves the problem you have with MySQL, doesn't it?

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
It absolutely does, yeah. The Emby addon doesn't care what version of Kodi you're running as long as it's got the necessary pre-reqs (I think everything after like 14 or 14.2), because it's doing all of its work through the Emby API. I'm not using it that way (though I could) mainly because it wasn't scraping and organizing quite to my liking. It's more than likely good enough for most people, there were just a few small annoyances with my library that I couldn't get over, whereas Kodi scraped them just the way I wanted.

None of this is to say that I wouldn't ever try it again. I think it's a great solution for many people, and did actually work well for me, most of the time. I just found that the added layer wasn't benefiting me most of the time, so I pulled it out of the equation.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

G-Prime posted:

It absolutely does, yeah. The Emby addon doesn't care what version of Kodi you're running as long as it's got the necessary pre-reqs (I think everything after like 14 or 14.2), because it's doing all of its work through the Emby API. I'm not using it that way (though I could) mainly because it wasn't scraping and organizing quite to my liking. It's more than likely good enough for most people, there were just a few small annoyances with my library that I couldn't get over, whereas Kodi scraped them just the way I wanted.

None of this is to say that I wouldn't ever try it again. I think it's a great solution for many people, and did actually work well for me, most of the time. I just found that the added layer wasn't benefiting me most of the time, so I pulled it out of the equation.

What scraping problems were you having? I've had things misscrape a number of times but a quick edit to the search term in Emby always fixed it right up.

edit: the only thing I dislike about Emby is that is frequently makes me update it manually, and since I spend so little time on the server page, I rarely know that it needs to be updated.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 21, 2016

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What scraping problems were you having? I've had things misscrape a number of times but a quick edit to the search term in Emby always fixed it right up.

edit: the only thing I dislike about Emby is that is frequently makes me update it manually, and since I spend so little time on the server page, I rarely know that it needs to be updated.

Update what exactly? A scan of files can be configured, restarting after a new software update can be added with a plugin.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Truth be told, I'd have to look, and may not be able to find it now. I know some of my more obscure stuff was pretty severely misidentified, but I had a few common things that it completely failed on. I don't recall what, though, because I did go through and tie them to the correct IMDB ID numbers a couple months ago. I've just never had to do that for Kodi, unless I have something really out there like a specific cut of a movie that doesn't show up independently on IMDB/TMDB (Richard Donner cut of Superman 2, for example, which has to be explicitly identified via an NFO file).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

redhalo posted:

Update what exactly? A scan of files can be configured, restarting after a new software update can be added with a plugin.

It'll tell me to shutdown Emby Server and update manually, with a link to the download page. Maybe I have a setting turned off to make it update itself?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It'll tell me to shutdown Emby Server and update manually, with a link to the download page. Maybe I have a setting turned off to make it update itself?

If you are running as a user, just enable auto updates. If you are running as a service I believe you have to manually update.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

kri kri posted:

If you are running as a user, just enable auto updates. If you are running as a service I believe you have to manually update.

Is there a reason for that? Sonaar is running as a service too and it seems to be updating itself just fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is there a reason for that? Sonaar is running as a service too and it seems to be updating itself just fine.

No clue as I run with a user account, I just saw something in their forums about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
anyone seen some random "squiggly" with some video since the upgrade? I have a revo 3610 and windows 7

EDIT: seems to be better when I switched Playback settings > Adjust display refresh rate to Always. Odd that this if the first time in years that I've had to change that.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 22, 2016