Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I don't drop on concrete often, if ever. And my $10 Belkin has served my 4s well, so I don't think I need a bulky childproof case???

Anyway, the case I got from Amazon came and it's flimsy and cheap feeling. I'm gonna go to the Apple Store and check out their cases because real-talk I want my phone to look sexy. I care way too much about that, so, yeah.

I'm thinking either a midnight blue leather or a lighter colored silicone to match the white face of the rose gold.

Or I guess maybe the brown leather since this thread is so high on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Heh what is it with you plebes and concrete? I never walk on it myself.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always had separate UK and US iTunes accounts, but never used my iCloud account for the store as I made those accounts prior to it existing.

Now I'd like my iCloud email address to be US iTMS based even though I setup iCloud while in the UK. Is this possible to change? Im gonna guess 'no', but hoping otherwise. I logged into it for the first time and it's just auto assumed UK account.

Having my primarily iTunes account tied to my iCloud account just feels so much easier. My current US account doesn't have any payment methods and is tied to a throwaway email address I only use for spam.

e: found out how to do it in iTunes on my Mac, but it's the first time I've tried to use my credit card that isn't tied to a US address and had it declined. Good on Apple for enforcing that, but pain in the butt for me until I get that sorted.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 20, 2016

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Heh what is it with you plebes and concrete? I never walk on it myself.

Side entrance to my workplace. Almost every sidewalk ever. Any industrial building.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

or a lighter colored silicone to match the white face of the rose gold.

Can you just get the orange silicone to shut that one guy up.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Pivo posted:

Side entrance to my workplace. Almost every sidewalk ever. Any industrial building.

I think HEY NONG MAN may have been joking.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

dik-dik posted:

I think HEY NONG MAN may have been joking.

Yeah, case talk is getting kinda :spergin:

Even though Pivo went to the dark side, I'm still rockin' it commando style and doing fine.

I still have my orange white silicone case though.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What is so good about Ting?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

bronin posted:

Maybe all the furniture in your house is uneven

That possibility occurred to me, but no, it's not that.

I hope the 5se or w/e maintains the 5/5s casing design. I'm probably going to limp along on a Lumia until the 18th, as I already got rid of my old phone because I wagered I wouldn't have a problem this time around.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Who makes "pretty" cases that are good? My wife wants a sparkly thing for 6s+ and I'd like to steer her away from like a generic mall kiosk.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Throw glue and glitter on a white leather case.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lazyhound posted:

That possibility occurred to me, but no, it's not that.

I hope the 5se or w/e maintains the 5/5s casing design. I'm probably going to limp along on a Lumia until the 18th, as I already got rid of my old phone because I wagered I wouldn't have a problem this time around.

The loose pants are probably too loose. Instead of having constant uniform pressure the phone is experiencing repeated impacts against surfaces you lean against or your butt bones or something.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Just how loose are these pants

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I literally put my phone in my back pocket sometimes and sit down on it and it's never bent.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bass Bottles posted:

Just how loose are these pants

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what happen to Brian Durkin.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

nate fisher posted:

I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what happen to Brian Durkin.

I'm Brian Durkin and I've got a serious question: Can a bitch get a donut?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I'm Brian Durkin and I've got a serious question: Can a bitch get a donut?

Did he just say "can a bitch get a donut?"

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
For some reason, I get a notification constantly that there's not enough room on iCloud for my iphone to back up. I check the details and there seems to be plenty space. I've even turned off Camera Roll backups, because I use Dropbox for that. Anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something obvious here?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How much iCloud storage do you have?
How big is the storage on your iPhone?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
64gb iphone and the default 5gb iCloud storage space. However, the phone tells me that the backup will be smaller than the available iCloud space. This is also a recent thing, I've never been told earlier that the backups are too big for iCloud.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Have you deleted your last backup and signed out and back in? (Probably run an iTunes backup before this though it shouldn't make a difference.)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Minidust posted:

Who makes "pretty" cases that are good? My wife wants a sparkly thing for 6s+ and I'd like to steer her away from like a generic mall kiosk.

if she just wants "pretty," the otterbox Symmetry series has a bunch of artsy designs, and the MySymmetry series has like 30 swappable inserts

http://www.case-mate.com/ this place has a lot of actually sparkly things. my wife has one of their glitter cases that she really likes, and it has the added benefit of entrancing babies and toddlers

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 22, 2016

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
It looks like I'll be going to Europe with my ATT 6S next month, but it's locked.

I know back in the day unlocks were painless but I remember they got more difficult in recent years. Does anyone know the reliablity of these guys on eBay? It's only $7 which seems too good to be true, but the guy has great feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhon...r4AAOSwa-dWk2Yr

I figure there is no point going to ATT directly, right? I technically have 6 months on my contract but maybe they'll unlock me anyways since we've been ATT customers for 10+ years, always pay on time, etc? But I don't think they care about that...

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

dutchbstrd posted:

I figure there is no point going to ATT directly, right? I technically have 6 months on my contract but maybe they'll unlock me anyways since we've been ATT customers for 10+ years, always pay on time, etc? But I don't think they care about that...

Might as well ask. The worst that could happen is they'll say no.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
Pretty sure there's an ATT thread that'll have a more definitive answer. I was also recently told that att will do temporary unlocks (eg one month and then relock it) but I don't know if this is true.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
After more research it turns out I can get out of my contract with just a phone call. I'm on the old unlimited plan which recently had a price hike. Since they changed the contract terms it's now void.

A quick call to Support should get my contract wiped out then the unlock should go right through.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dutchbstrd posted:

After more research it turns out I can get out of my contract with just a phone call. I'm on the old unlimited plan which recently had a price hike. Since they changed the contract terms it's now void.

A quick call to Support should get my contract wiped out then the unlock should go right through.
You realize you will lose your unlimited, as well, right?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I prefer a .99 TPU clear case from China to put on my valuable iPhone 6+. You guys are silly with the saddle brown vs orange silicone talk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

iLikeMidgets posted:

I prefer a .99 TPU clear case from China to put on my valuable iPhone 6+. You guys are silly with the saddle brown vs orange silicone talk.

I agree because there's only one choice, and it's not the choice of pedophiles.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

iLikeMidgets posted:

You sound like a bitch rear end trick tbh.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

iLikeMidgets posted:

Same. You gotta show off that beautiful beautiful gold.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I've never seen a clear case that didn't look all yellowed and grimy after a while. Gross.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

God's blessing is my case.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

You realize you will lose your unlimited, as well, right?

Oh, gross.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Same. You gotta show off that beautiful beautiful gold.

This guy gets it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The rear end Stooge posted:

I've never seen a clear case that didn't look all yellowed and grimy after a while. Gross.

Stop smoking.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Khablam posted:

Stop smoking.

They're not my cases. I would never put something so tacky on my glorious iPhone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wrapping your phone in some poo poo cancer-riddled plastic like that right there is a big loving fail.

It's almost as dumb as buying a loving case for an Apple Watch. Like, there's a whole market of watch cases and it's the dumbest loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"cancer-riddled plastic"?

Source your quotes.