Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

FrankieGoes posted:

After the next superquake the Bay Area will devolve into a lawless hellhole of looting and rioting, but since Californians aren't allowed to own any decent guns, the nearby residents of Nevada are planning on swooping in and getting all the good stuff/women/etc. The Reno Gazette actually publishes helpful strategies regarding this on the reg. Should be p cool.

Assuming it still stands, I plan on ruling a warlord's type existence perched atop Coit Tower where I will paint a giant firey eyeball on its peak to cow all the tech nerds into compliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hint: She doesn't want budgeting advice, she wants you to donate to her Paypal or the other options on her page to send her money
And she wants a sick payout from her old company.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

nah I just watch how the 1% work while slowly compiling a list of contacts for when I save enough to start my own business and profit off lazy idiots in 10 years or so

ya as a self made millionaire member of the 1% club, let me tell you that you are not welcome.

Fiddler on the Reef fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 21, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Panfilo posted:

Assuming it still stands, I plan on ruling a warlord's type existence perched atop Coit Tower where I will paint a giant firey eyeball on its peak to cow all the tech nerds into compliance.

If the position is available I'll be your #1. I've got a lot of guns and a proven track record for face punching nerds.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FrankieGoes posted:

After the next superquake the Bay Area will devolve into a lawless hellhole of looting and rioting, but since Californians aren't allowed to own any decent guns, the nearby residents of Nevada are planning on swooping in and getting all the good stuff/women/etc. The Reno Gazette actually publishes helpful strategies regarding this on the reg. Should be p cool.

what women???

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

wanting more and not expecting someone to hand it to me

clearly my greatest character flaw

your greatest flaw is your sociopathy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

etalian posted:

what women???

The one in the OP.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Heavens, I felt touched by her story. So instead of donating to her, I bought a video game and some lunch.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fuckin millennials !!! :argh:

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Poor girl, I'm gonna donate her some funny tweets

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So did she start scrubbing her social media profiles after people started checking and saw pictures of her enormous apartment full of expensive cooking gagdets and fancy chef knives, reams of photos of expensive/non-rice based meals she talked about eating, and photos of her getting premium bourbon delivered to her job and talking about drinking it?

Because every article that pops up about this is only mentioning her pay, $1200 apartment, and that she was fired in the tone of "is that really fair?" I think if you based an entire rant on not being able to afford food and having to borrow $6 from a CVS clerk but your instagram is replete with fancy food dishes and photos of you making artisnal cupcakes then its 100% relevant to the conversation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FrankieGoes posted:

After the next superquake the Bay Area will devolve into a lawless hellhole of looting and rioting, but since Californians aren't allowed to own any decent guns, the nearby residents of Nevada are planning on swooping in and getting all the good stuff/women/etc.

no way i seen plenty of deece guns in norcal, usually resting on the lap of some toothless fifty-year-old grandma sitting on the stoop of a motel behind a mcdonalds

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

So did she start scrubbing her social media profiles after people started checking and saw pictures of her enormous apartment full of expensive cooking gagdets and fancy chef knives, reams of photos of expensive/non-rice based meals she talked about eating, and photos of her getting premium bourbon delivered to her job and talking about drinking it?

Because every article that pops up about this is only mentioning her pay, $1200 apartment, and that she was fired in the tone of "is that really fair?" I think if you based an entire rant on not being able to afford food and having to borrow $6 from a CVS clerk but your instagram is replete with fancy food dishes and photos of you making artisnal cupcakes then its 100% relevant to the conversation.

Only if we actually give a gently caress about this actual person. We shouldn't beyond the basic concern we should share for all other people.

I think her particular purchasing habits are irrelevant to the conversation unless the conversation is about subjecting a dummy to shame for being dumb or maybe lying.

I mean, her basic point, peppered with non sequiturs and lovely writing, is that it's hard to live with dignity on the kind of wage an entry-level service worker can earn. Whether she's in that situation is kind of irrelevant. What some of us seem to be doing is the same old tired Olaudah Equiano debate about whether this instance of legitimate grievances are fictional, instead of about the grievances the work of (possible) fiction depicts.

I guess it does matter if you're considering giving her money. You shouldn't give her money unless you think the problem is that enough real people working for lovely wages don't have kickstarters to pay their rent. Then you're just wrong, but go hog wild if you believe her I guess.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

pentyne posted:

The articles on this are a pretty good example of how the media can push a narrative by not telling the whole story and yet not really lying.

tuyop posted:

I mean, her basic point, peppered with non sequiturs and lovely writing, is that it's hard to live with dignity on the kind of wage an entry-level service worker can earn. Whether she's in that situation is kind of irrelevant. What some of us seem to be doing is the same old tired Olaudah Equiano debate about whether this instance of legitimate grievances are fictional, instead of about the grievances the work of (possible) fiction depicts.

More like it's a valid point completely in spite of this individual that is not representative of the people that actually need help. And she has attached herself to this truth like politicians do to garner attention.

crabcakes66 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 21, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

tuyop posted:

Only if we actually give a gently caress about this actual person. We shouldn't beyond the basic concern we should share for all other people.

I think her particular purchasing habits are irrelevant to the conversation unless the conversation is about subjecting a dummy to shame for being dumb or maybe lying.

so I shouldn't believe the anecdotal and possibly fictional bullshit stories that conservatives tell about welfare abuse or lazy union workers, but I should believe the anecdotal and possibly fictional bullshit story about the desperation of minimum wage and urban poverty. am I getting this right?

truthiness sucks whichever side is doing it.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Pebergehund posted:

Poor girl, I'm gonna donate her some funny tweets

You're gonna have to write some first

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The Yelp CEO must have had at least one or two amazing masturbation sessions since firing her.
I know I would.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

puchu posted:

You're gonna have to write some first

Nah, I prefer to source them from the local tweet factory

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

pentyne posted:

ya she did, I was on her IG yesterday before it was set to private

some goon ITT saved the greatest hits in an imgur album a few pages back, they're as decadent as you'd expect

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Also, did she really just randomly e-mail her company's CEO and make a shitload of random suggestions, including complaining about how stupid coconut water is? I mean yeah, coconut water is pretty dumb but if I'm a low-level employee for a large company I wouldn't be dumb enough to e-mail my CEO and go, "Hey dumbass this product we sell sucks, get rid of it."

Probably thought the CEO would promote her to the social media department as soon as her saw her email and realized that any girl brave enough to email the CEO was the type of girl he wanted on his team!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Make sure to include 'I know where you live, would be a shame if something happened to that nice house of yours' type of stuff in your email, people really dig job confidence!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

tuyop posted:

I guess it does matter if you're considering giving her money. You shouldn't give her money unless you think the problem is that enough real people working for lovely wages don't have kickstarters to pay their rent. Then you're just wrong, but go hog wild if you believe her I guess.

You honestly think someone with zero experience and no real in-demand skills, should be able to take an entry level job and live comfortably alone in one of the most expensive places on the planet because she thinks the company is cool and will hopefully be able to move up (in 6 months?) into her dream job?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Holy poo poo guys, I just applied to be a waiter that works for tips in new York city! Just got a lease for an apartment right by the park that I can't recall the name for that is pretty close to the center of town.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The imgur album didnt show any pictures for me?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

tuyop posted:

Keep rallying around the heiress of the dream job tweeting dynasty dude, as long as you keep the conversation centered around this dumb spoiled bitch you're making sure normal people never actually look at your issues on their own merits :thumbsup:

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

tuyop posted:

There are problems with the concept of people not being able to afford living in SF while working their asses off, its just unfortunate such a poor example of one chose to write this letter. She lived in a loving 1 bedroom with a decent kitchen, she is better off than most people i know living in SF

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

so I shouldn't believe the anecdotal and possibly fictional bullshit stories that conservatives tell about welfare abuse or lazy union workers, but I should believe the anecdotal and possibly fictional bullshit story about the desperation of minimum wage and urban poverty. am I getting this right?

That's not what I said.

It's possibly true that this girl is a liar AND she's making good point(s) about social issues.

It's also possibly true that that email forward from your uncle is a lie AND it makes good points about personal responsibility or whatever.

My point is that none of the storytellers loving matter and you should no more track down [Stereotypical minority name], the welfare queen, from your uncle's email to confirm the facts than you should this person, because the actual veracity of the story is irrelevant.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Flesh Forge posted:

Keep rallying around the heiress of the dream job tweeting dynasty dude, as long as you keep the conversation centered around this dumb spoiled bitch you're making sure normal people never actually look at your issues on their own merits :thumbsup:

What?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am here to make fun of this dumb idiot girl and her stupid rear end gourmet cupcakes which I guess are all made out of rice

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

coolskillrex remix posted:

There are problems with the concept of people not being able to afford living in SF while working their asses off, its just unfortunate such a poor example of one chose to write this letter. She lived in a loving 1 bedroom with a decent kitchen, she is better off than most people i know living in SF

WTF $1250 for a 1-bedroom? That's not very expensive

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I say we should gather funds to purchase her some rice. Hell, I'll give her a job. I'll bootstrap her up, to be my social media presence. She is only going to be paid in rice though.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
one tweet = one grain of rice

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

WTF $1250 for a 1-bedroom? That's not very expensive

Wow, I pay half that for a 6 bedroom house.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

ya as a self made millionaire member of the 1% club, let me tell you that you are not welcome.

have fun in the street

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Edgar posted:

Wow, I pay half that for a 6 bedroom house.

Six refrigerator boxes tied together in suburban Detroit doesn't count dude.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

mcdonalds dollar menu millionaire doesn't count

also your land lord (the manager) is evicting you from your mansion (the ball pit)

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

crabcakes66 posted:

Six refrigerator boxes tied together in suburban Detroit doesn't count dude.

Home is where you make it

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Klyith posted:

No, you should believe the hard data and math which shows that $8 an hour is absolutely not sufficient to live with any reasonable standard of human dignity in most of the US. Especially if one's idea of living with human dignity includes being able to maintain a basic emergency fund, or pursue the sort of education which most middle-class careers demand.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
san francisco is my home even though I have no real skills and expect $100,000 a year with a GED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Cockmaster posted:

reasonable standard of human dignity

Should we start discussing what this actually means? Becuase it probably doesn't involve premium booze and living alone in one of the most expensive cities on the planet right out of school.

• Locked thread