Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

How are warlocks a hard counter to summoner? I could understand the healing maybe but that's precisely what got nerfed fairly significantly in the patch we already have, and what made them so powerful before.

As far as I see from watching warlock pvp videos, a warlock's pet appears to be able to lock down a cat since the pet has more cc options available to it. Once the pets are removed from equation via being engaged with each other, Lock has the advantage that half its skills are not locked behind having your pet with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

HapiMerchant posted:

As far as I see from watching warlock pvp videos, a warlock's pet appears to be able to lock down a cat since the pet has more cc options available to it. Once the pets are removed from equation via being engaged with each other, Lock has the advantage that half its skills are not locked behind having your pet with you.

I don't really see any more CC options than the cat has available though. And anyway, unless you can sleep it or burst it down immediatly, a decent summoner can get cat control back pretty quickly, and warlock doesn't even have a sleep.

I'm sure it's going to be somewhat of an issue, much like it is in the summoner mirror, but I don't think that's going into "hard counter" territory.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

chumbler posted:

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

Tiger strike aoe version will carry you so far, just survive until talents

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

KFM has a whole lot more flow than other classes but it takes a while to get there. Once you can spec for more aoe you'll poo poo all over mob groups while keeping yourself topped off. Tiger strike + hellfire kick combo feels like it does single target damage but on entire packs of mobs. Then you get a lot of ways to keep mobs stunned so if you want to burst thing single target then you go into the shin kick dance

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

chumbler posted:

I'm leveling KFM as my first character, and I had the same problem for a while. Now I'm pretty much Bruce Lee, so just wait it out. As other posters have mentioned, AoE talents make all the difference. Make sure to use your air combo as much as possible, too - when you're in the air, you evade everything, giving you 2 seconds or so per combo. You can milk it with q/e then triple kick, then ss to Smite for another knock-up.

One thing that helped me was knocking down enemies but not tackling them, just unload 2r or 3rf while they stand up. I can kill most mobs and even groups without taking a hit now, and I'm only 32.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Minorkos posted:

I know about the parry vortex and q and e and stuff like that. It seems like they resist stuff besides that. like he can be in the middle of a combo and my entire five-strike gets resisted and i see no visual cue to that. maybe the netcode is loving with me and their q and e i-frames are getting stretched out like crazy or something i don't know

If they're in the middle of a combo and five-strike gets resisted, that's /probably/ their 'z' (the swirling sword). The sword can be pretty tiny depending on their current weapon, and it can be hard to see swirling around them, but it's generally there.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Endings posted:

If they're in the middle of a combo and five-strike gets resisted, that's /probably/ their 'z' (the swirling sword). The sword can be pretty tiny depending on their current weapon, and it can be hard to see swirling around them, but it's generally there.

yeah that's probably what it was. i really hate fighting lyns because of how hard it is to tell what's happening with their dudes.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 21, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

chumbler posted:

KFM is a very strong leveler as soon as you get access to Tiger Strike -> Hellfire Kick. HP is never a problem as soon as you can spec Tiger Strike, LMB and Rising Dragon for their HP restore.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
At the Blackram Narrows, what do I do with off-class blight weapons, given that they're not tradeable? Feed to my hongmoon? Salvage?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Are Hongmoon coins purchased through the currency exchange account based or character based?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheFluff posted:

At the Blackram Narrows, what do I do with off-class blight weapons, given that they're not tradeable? Feed to my hongmoon? Salvage?

Feed. It's still too early to reliably get powder from salvaged weapons.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hyper Inferno posted:

Are Hongmoon coins purchased through the currency exchange account based or character based?

Account based. They all go into the same pool no matter if you get them from venture tokens or the exchange.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I downloaded this game for some stupid anime kung fu action but I was not prepared for this level of anime.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Unguided posted:

Feed. It's still too early to reliably get powder from salvaged weapons.

cool thanks. Got my sword after like 8 runs or something, evolved, fed all the offclass poo poo, got to max level. Feels good.

Comrayn posted:

I downloaded this game for some stupid anime kung fu action but I was not prepared for this level of anime.

it is anime as gently caress but the incredibly satisfying feeling you get when you start hitting sicknasty kung fu combos reliably makes up for it

In unrelated news, is there room in a goon clan for a low level scrublord on Windrest EU? Jaroslav I've seen you postin' but I haven't seen you online. My character's name is Yin Lihua.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 21, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i'm making some real progress on my blade master career. blade dancers have become annoyingly difficult to deal with instead of impossible. destroyers have become manageable except if they force both my escapes on cooldown and instantly kill me. summoners have become merely depressingly impossible instead of hilariously impossible.

also i can apparently read assassins like an open book 90% of the time but i still lose to them constantly because it seems like they're allowed to make like 5 mistakes for every one of mine. like i can force their f and tab escapes on cooldown but then they'll just run away in stealth until they have them again and i'm pretty much powerless when that happens. seeing as i am playing a wonky rear end class that can basically only survive by doing huge rear end combos, it's kind of a problem

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 21, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Is there a class that's not completely hosed with lag? I have these lag spikes I can't really do anything about and while they're not too crazy, it does effect the timing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone posted a screen cap of someone saying, "Why do you play an MMO if you're not wanting to trade vape secrets?"
We all had a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM

Dr. Video Games 0156
Jan 1, 2005
romantic comedy wahhhh
everyone should watch monster factory, forever

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lyer posted:

Is there a class that's not completely hosed with lag? I have these lag spikes I can't really do anything about and while they're not too crazy, it does effect the timing.

SMN and FM are the most forgiving. That being said I have an average of 260-300ms with large spikes at times and my first two 45s were ASN and KFM, but I frequently make terrible decisions.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Actually I'd say Force Master is one of the most latency dependant classes since you need to constantly animation cancel with LMB+RMB. If you can't reliable do that your DPS takes a major hit.

It's even more important in PvP since you're so reliant on the Impact 1-sec stun combinations.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Magical Zero posted:

Actually I'd say Force Master is one of the most latency dependant classes since you need to constantly animation cancel with LMB+RMB. If you can't reliable do that your DPS takes a major hit.

It's even more important in PvP since you're so reliant on the Impact 1-sec stun combinations.

Does that really count as cancelling... From what I can tell FM's abilities other than furies and beams don't actually block anything. Is there some combo that performs better than just hammering r t and 1 together six times a second?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Is there any way to check your ping in game or out of game? Sometimes I can pummel dudes with 2r a dozen times per second, and other times I end up wasting all my focus because I can't pull off the animation cancel. I think it's dependent on ping, but I'd like to verify that.

E: also, after speccing into Scorpion Strike on 1, it seems like a much easier cancel than LMB or R. Any idea why this is? Is it just my imagination? I also like that I can block attacks while doing my main combo now, it has really upgraded my survivability. That said, I usually dodge with q/e instead because I get to triple kick enemies for either an air combo (and 2 seconds of guaranteed evades) or just a straight 2 second stun.

E2: also also, what animations do q/e cancel out of? Sometimes I can't pull them off in time because I'm in the middle of an attack, but I haven't figured out exactly which ones block it and which can be canceled. Additionally, what does backdash (ss) cancel out of?

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 22, 2016

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Spammers have found a fun new way of annoying people...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Is there any way to check your ping in game or out of game?

Resource Monitor->Network->check client.exe port 10100

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Is there any way to check your ping in game or out of game?

Resource Monitor > Network > tick Client.exe in "Processes with Network Activity" and look at port 10100 in the TCP Connections pane, that's the general gameplay port.

See also,

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Anarkii posted:

Resource Monitor->Network->check client.exe port 10100

kirbysuperstar posted:

Resource Monitor > Network > tick Client.exe in "Processes with Network Activity" and look at port 10100 in the TCP Connections pane, that's the general gameplay port.

See also,

Thanks!

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Reicere posted:

Does that really count as cancelling... From what I can tell FM's abilities other than furies and beams don't actually block anything. Is there some combo that performs better than just hammering r t and 1 together six times a second?
That's what everyone is calling it at least. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that since lmb+rmb aren't affected by the same "global" cooldown you should use them after and before pretty much every ability. Spamming Impact for damage seems like terrible idea since you only want to detonate at 5 ember and/or 1 frozen.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I got a Brilliant Cinderlands Key from somewhere. Should I use it on one of the Deva roulette wheel chests or is there a worse RNG spot later in the Cinderlands that I should save it for?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheFluff posted:

I got a Brilliant Cinderlands Key from somewhere. Should I use it on one of the Deva roulette wheel chests or is there a worse RNG spot later in the Cinderlands that I should save it for?

You can use it there or for the weapon from the 6 man instance. Those are the only two purple weapons needed for your hongmoon weapon from the cinderlands.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I just started playing and I've got questions/comments.

There's a boss outside a cemetery town that dropped items to spin a prize wheel in the town so I just helped kill him whenever I was running by and ended up with a bunch of prizes. What do I do with all these extra soul shield things I don't need that are clogging my inventory? They only sell for a penny but should I be using them for something else?

Related to above I have a bunch of weapon boxes I need a hongmoon (I think) key to unlock should I use the keys and use them to power up my hongmoon weapon or are they more valuable for later stuff?

I was playing with the character creator and someone needs to hold a big east Asian 3d artist/modeler convention and hire some strippers to demonstrate that breasts do not fly around like weird bags of water in low gravity at the slightest movement.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Comrayn posted:

There's a boss outside a cemetery town that dropped items to spin a prize wheel in the town so I just helped kill him whenever I was running by and ended up with a bunch of prizes. What do I do with all these extra soul shield things I don't need that are clogging my inventory? They only sell for a penny but should I be using them for something else?
Extra soul shields you don't want you should probably salvage. Salvaging low tier ones mostly just gets you trash that you sell to a merchant just to get rid of it, but if you're lucky (or if you salvage higher level soul shields) you can get Fusion Powder which will be useful later for upgrading soul shields (don't bother until way later in the game).

Comrayn posted:

Related to above I have a bunch of weapon boxes I need a hongmoon (I think) key to unlock should I use the keys and use them to power up my hongmoon weapon or are they more valuable for later stuff?
The only difference between a Hongmoon Key and a regular Key is that the Hongmoon one isn't tradeable. Keys are pretty expensive for a low level character (around 10 silver from an NPC, around 4 silver on the market) and you shouldn't waste them on these super low level weapon chests. If you use a regular key/hongmoon key on a weapon chest, you get a random class weapon, so you only have a 12.5% chance (1 in 8 since there are 8 classes) of getting the one you want. To avoid wasting a bunch of keys, you can either buy a key for real $$$ in the Hongmoon store that guarantees the right drop, OR you can just let some other sucka do the RNG'ing for you and pick up your class weapon on the market instead. The first one you need is usually only around 50 coppers for some reason (no idea why, the keys are way more expensive than that). In later stages of evolution you'll sometimes need non-tradeable weapons though so you either get to play the RNG for a bit or pay up realmoney. You do get a lot of Hongmoon keys from surveys and stuff though.

You can sell the unopened weapon boxes on the market. Maybe. Dunno if anyone buys them. No you can't they're not tradeable.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 22, 2016

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I salvaged one or two soul shield things but noticed they just turn into another item that sells for a penny. I guess I'll go through the tedium to roll the dice on getting something useful.

Even if I get my class weapon from the chest do I even use it? I thought this hongmoon gear was basically it and you just keep upgrading it.

Also I noticed you did not touch on my third item.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Comrayn posted:

I salvaged one or two soul shield things but noticed they just turn into another item that sells for a penny. I guess I'll go through the tedium to roll the dice on getting something useful.

Even if I get my class weapon from the chest do I even use it? I thought this hongmoon gear was basically it and you just keep upgrading it.

You'll notice items you recieve are flagged as 'breakthrough' or 'evolution' items.

This means that you can use those items specifically when your weapon (or other item) is at 5 (breakthrough) or 10 (evolution), to move past the block and onto the next level (or next item stage, for evolution)

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Comrayn posted:

Yea salvaging those low level soul shields is unlikely to get you something useful. Around level 25 though you start getting random drops where almost every piece turns into Fusion Powder.

Comrayn posted:

That particular chest from that particular boss will give you a class weapon that you need to "breakthrough" your Hongmoon weapon to the next stage so you can keep evolving it. You feed your HM weapon trash loot until it gets to the max level, then you need to find some specific weapon to upgrade it to a new form so you can keep feeding it trash loot (the "manage equipment" screen will tell you what weapon you need). There's even a quest pretty early on that explains some of this, I think. The OP has a guide on which weapons you need to breakthrough at each stage, or if you want the exact places etc where you can farm those weapons see here.

Later on you will also get Hongmoon accessories (earrings/necklace/ring) that work the same way.

Comrayn posted:

i've seen enough animes in my day to not comment on boob physics

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 22, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Comrayn posted:

Pretty sure it just wasn't worth the dev time to code special physics just for the boobs when they could just slap the same physics engine they use for lyn ears/tails on there and be like LOL TITTY JIGGLE and be done with it. I don't think anyone actually gives that much of a poo poo when you could be spending your time adding actual useful things to the game.

TheFluff posted:

The OP has a guide on which weapons you need to breakthrough at each stage, or if you want the exact places etc where you can farm those weapons see here.
Yeah that was outdated as hell. I just updated it with this blog post which seems to be the most correct one I can find.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

cathead posted:

Pretty sure it just wasn't worth the dev time to code special physics just for the boobs when they could just slap the same physics engine they use for lyn ears/tails on there and be like LOL TITTY JIGGLE and be done with it. I don't think anyone actually gives that much of a poo poo when you could be spending your time adding actual useful things to the game.

Have you ever played these games? Not only do both the degenerate developers and players care but they probably spent more time on it than most of the game design.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Comrayn posted:

Have you ever played these games? Not only do both the degenerate developers and players care but they probably spent more time on it than most of the game design.

What, did you read what I wrote? I'm saying the fact that they didn't put any further thought or time into it other than using their existing physics engine means exactly the opposite, they probably didn't feel it was worth delving any further into compared to the rest of the game just for the sake of "realistic" titty bouncing, when the rest of the game has already abandoned any semblance of realism anyway.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

cathead posted:

What, did you read what I wrote? I'm saying the fact that they didn't put any further thought or time into it other than using their existing physics engine means exactly the opposite, they probably didn't feel it was worth delving any further into compared to the rest of the game just for the sake of "realistic" titty bouncing, when the rest of the game has already abandoned any semblance of realism anyway.

Honestly I think it was more "oh well, good enough so we can use that for the titty bouncing too" as it was "okay, we've got the titty bouncing the way we like it, we can reuse it for tails. And ears. And cloth physics."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

PhysX titty engine

• Locked thread