Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
According to Armchairyoda XL king crabs are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Want to buy next two T-Wolves but want to wait to see if there is a sale next week. No sale this week must mean there is a sale next week... right?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

Want to buy next two T-Wolves but want to wait to see if there is a sale next week. No sale this week must mean there is a sale next week... right?

To compensate there will be 2 sales at once!
But i know what you mean, especially with those 15mil mechs a sale is a HUGE save, which is why ill seal my wallet until either crows, iic jenners or timbers are cheaper.
Which will never happen.

TIL that when you start a CW with 10 minutes left on the premium timer, the match rewards will get premiumīd but the additional cash from the win wont.
Which isnt a big deal, just wanted to know how it worked and thats how.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Washout posted:

According to Phorashi, you need to not pilot direwolves because you get small pulsed to death then go find something else to do.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Sputty posted:

Huge CT mechs on the IS like Battlemasters, Grasshoppers and Black Knights benefit from XLs because no matter how hard you twist you'll probably get CT cored either way.

Tell me about black knights. There's one that comes with endo and doubles for not much more than the others, while having good arm mounts. Worth it, or not?
Next best 2 models?

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
What do you think of the Hunchback IIC?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Kurzon posted:

Glass cannon. Oodles of room for weapons, but they're all in the hunches and those are big targets with 50-tonner armor and no structure bonuses. Lots of damage potential --you can do dual-gauss with high mounts and jumpjets--but you have to take care to play very carefully and never be the primary target. I suspect the laserboat variant can make a good ER Large or LPL sniper in CW

Basically if your team is organized and you can sit back and support pushes, it is pretty baller.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

Tell me about black knights. There's one that comes with endo and doubles for not much more than the others, while having good arm mounts. Worth it, or not?
Next best 2 models?

Their hardpoints are all way too low to be efficient. But you can mount a shitload in their torso, so you can pulse brawl pretty well. You're also as tall as a god drat Atlas, so have fun trying to get into cover from LRMs.

Kurzon posted:

I have the letter variants. They're not for everyone I would say. But the B variant is like a cracked out version of the HBK-4SP. Quad ASRM6 with dual MPLas (and Jump Jets to boot) make a very nice brawler. They seem a little bit softer then their IS counterparts.

I really like them... But that's just like, my opinion man

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Washout posted:

Thank you for accomodating a drunk that can't take screenshots. That's an XL crab with a 20 damage alpha fyi.

Two matches later I got 30 damage and realized I was "combat-ineffective" levels of drunk. The ebb and flow of slosh ops.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

armchairyoda posted:

"combat-ineffective" levels of drunk.

impossible.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

XL King Crab is okay for normal play, where you can minimize damage to your side torsos. When you're facing someone from the front (like most firefights) then it's all CT. In CW you'll get hosed up right away, because you're often getting flanked, and because of that you can't lay down fire to get people to die or go away.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kurzon posted:

I'm itching to pick up one with ballistics in each torso. Those things seem incredibly rude with a pair of uac10s.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Drakes posted:

I'm itching to pick up one with ballistics in each torso. Those things seem incredibly rude with a pair of uac10s.

Problem is, you CANT miss those things.
I tried, you cant.
Its like they have their own gravitational field in addition of being gigantic blocks on top of your shoulders that blind people see without their dog.

In other news, clan smoke jaguar is awesome.
I dont know why but im getting random vs random in 3/4 games today.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Stringbean posted:

I have the letter variants. They're not for everyone I would say. But the B variant is like a cracked out version of the HBK-4SP. Quad ASRM6 with dual MPLas (and Jump Jets to boot) make a very nice brawler. They seem a little bit softer then their IS counterparts.

I really like them... But that's just like, my opinion man

The reason they seem softer is because the IS versions get +18 armor and +12 structure in the hunch.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Problem is, you CANT miss those things.
I tried, you cant.
Its like they have their own gravitational field in addition of being gigantic blocks on top of your shoulders that blind people see without their dog.

It's incredibly easy to hit either side torso, and if they twist away you can't help but hit the side torso even more.

Edit: For more talk about hunchbacks, since I bought the hunchback pack back before the gauss nerf and specifically for the Grid Iron, it's been nerfed too. Is it possible for me to get an MC refund on the hunchback pack?

Sent the following: hope I get a good reply!

I bought the hunchback pack a while ago, many months, I quit playing and when I came back not only have gauss rifles been nerfed but the Grid Iron was nerfed too. In light of this I never play any of the hunchbacks or the Grid Iron any more and I'd like an MC refund so that I can get something else instead of a mech that has been nerfed into near uselessness.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 21, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Good luck on that.

I just discovered that i cant have a timberwolf with 3 CT lasers AND 4 srms.
Now i need to decide if i love symmetry more than efficiency.
Sophies choice all over again :psyduck:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kurzon posted:

Its a better nova

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano posted:

So 19 when are you going to ban the large number of people you have acknowledged are cheating in your game?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
guys, it's obviously not just the same people cheating all the time, there are hundreds of new people cheating every day and they have to keep monitoring to catch them all.

Two weeks

Or at least... that's what I think.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

starkebn posted:

guys, it's obviously not just the same people cheating all the time, there are hundreds of new people cheating every day and they have to keep monitoring to catch them all.

Two weeks

Russ lied revenue died

Well at least with me.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

starkebn posted:

Two weeks

Time to start a betting pool, I'll take "Russ is a liar and it's not going to happen".

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Washout posted:

Edit: For more talk about hunchbacks, since I bought the hunchback pack back before the gauss nerf and specifically for the Grid Iron, it's been nerfed too. Is it possible for me to get an MC refund on the hunchback pack?

Sent the following: hope I get a good reply!

I bought the hunchback pack a while ago, many months, I quit playing and when I came back not only have gauss rifles been nerfed but the Grid Iron was nerfed too. In light of this I never play any of the hunchbacks or the Grid Iron any more and I'd like an MC refund so that I can get something else instead of a mech that has been nerfed into near uselessness.

They will not give you a refund on the GI if you got it in the mastery pack. Trust me, I tried. Maybe if you try bullying them for it, because I tried the nice guy card and it didn't work.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Washout posted:

Time to start a betting pool, I'll take "Russ is a liar and it's not going to happen".

I think everyone here will take the Russ is lying bet.

Can't find it but didn't Gaben give a interview once about why you don't announce ban waves and cheating in general. Should just spam Russ with it.

Edit: Just looked it up. The last ban wave in MWO was a joke. They only banned 64 people. You could find that many within a shift or two by just observing matches.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 22, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Raged posted:

Edit: Just looked it up. The last ban wave in MWO was a joke. They only banned 64 people. You could find that many within a shift or two by just observing matches.

Hey, don't reveal their detection method. Helios will find a way to circumvent it!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Stringbean posted:

They will not give you a refund on the GI if you got it in the mastery pack. Trust me, I tried. Maybe if you try bullying them for it, because I tried the nice guy card and it didn't work.

I want a MC refund on the whole mastery pack, not just the grid iron.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Oh, well then. As long as they're all stock, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Their detection method was having Russ drop until he found 64 hackers.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
So to "elite" a mech I have to fill up the Elite skill trees of three variants and then the Mastery skill? And after that I am basically good for any single mech variant in that weight class?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Servicio en Espanol posted:

So to "elite" a mech I have to fill up the Elite skill trees of three variants and then the Mastery skill? And after that I am basically good for any single mech variant in that weight class?

Only the variants you leveled.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Welp. PoptartsNinja is making me seriously consider going back into this game. I feel lame and bad and sad that I was naive enough to pay for an 80 dollar Founder's Pack and got the Atlas way back when. Fortunately my new laptop means that at least the drat game should run well now.

I will be able to use my old MWO account on the Steam version right?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Yes. All steam does is launch the launcher and keep the game updated.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Alrighty, if I wanted to try and (might as well) get some use out of my Founder's Atlas AS7-D, what would be some good builds for it?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Artificer posted:

Alrighty, if I wanted to try and (might as well) get some use out of my Founder's Atlas AS7-D, what would be some good builds for it?

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=16&l=e42e524b3440f3a76653cab3057e8a48f4a14d69

You can do a STD355 engine with ASRM6 and ML instead of that loadout. But you'll prolly want a STD350 cause its a more useful engine.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
That Jenner IIC with SRMs over small lasers is mean as hell. Although I popped off two jump jets and downgraded to SRM4s because I wanted max armor. Six and a half million spacebucks for the bot. Pro purchase.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

Artificer posted:

Welp. PoptartsNinja is making me seriously consider going back into this game. I feel lame and bad and sad that I was naive enough to pay for an 80 dollar Founder's Pack and got the Atlas way back when. Fortunately my new laptop means that at least the drat game should run well now.

Wear your founder's badge like the Scarlet Letter as penance.

Mine is yellow.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

The Jenner IIC with 6 missile slots with a XL280 can mount 6 SRM4's and 2 jumpjets with 6 tons of ammo. It's crazy and even better.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hey, don't reveal their detection method. Helios will find a way to circumvent it!

Hey poptarts, since I've seen your a fan: whats the most dangerous vuild I can make for the ECM spider?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Servicio en Espanol posted:

Wear your founder's badge like the Scarlet Letter as penance.

Mine is yellow.

I am a dirty blue and will wear it with shame until the servers shut down.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

:catstare:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Aw. All it gave me was 250k. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

How the hell?

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 22, 2016

• Locked thread