Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Drop rate on this new Trunks is pretty good. Not nearly as much a pain in the rear end as Grandpa Gohan to fight.

Still haven't gotten one drat Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I thought Bro.y could only drop during the event?

Yeah, I got him during the dokkan fest I just forgot to post here after I rerolled.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

33X Metal Coolers so far and 2 drops... and both of them were the TEQ one.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Unusual posted:

Yeah, I got him during the dokkan fest I just forgot to post here after I rerolled.

Welp! Thankfully I'm 1 stone short of a multi-pull of disappointment then. Saved me there!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
70 coolers and all I got was one of the beepbots

Is the SSR cooler any good? He has Ki+2, team attack +25% as a passive, and it looks like he has the fusion link but nothing else except for links back to OG cooler and his clones.

Seems like a less-good Gohan and not as good as Turles for ki support, but still not a bad card

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Welp! Thankfully I'm 1 stone short of a multi-pull of disappointment then. Saved me there!

Save you pulls for the fusion banner whenever that rolls around. Gotenks, Gogeta, Vegetto, all that goodness

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Vegito followed the GT banner in Japan, so maybe we'll get it soon. Then again, both were before Broly's first appearance, so :shrug:.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Spent my two golden DB tickets.
- Staff Officer Black
- Tien #7

Disappointing, at least they were free.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So I'm really liking PHY Kaioken Goku's ability to power up the rest of my over in a flash team, even if he turns all of SSJ3 Goku's orbs into rainbows. However, his base power is not very good, and even when linked with Kamehameha (his only attack boosting link) he isn't even strong enough to kill an INT Metal Cooler, although that might just be due to the strength of the Metal Coolers (and comparing him to some heavy hitters). Really a shame that there's no INT Over in a Flash character yet (or even Shocking Speed yet in Global), as I'm running SSJ Trunks and Turles as my INT support characters.

I've gotten one of each type of Metal Coller, although I've gotten 6 AGL, 2 STR, 2 TEQ, and 1 the other types, but their unique names hurts them if you get an excess type for raising Super Attacks. At least I've taken out 500 of them though, only 500 more to go.

I wish Training in the Clouds had a stop on the fighter, as while I haven't seen a higher than a 3, when you don't get a number that adds up to 4 you just skip the fight.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Vegito followed the GT banner in Japan, so maybe we'll get it soon. Then again, both were before Broly's first appearance, so :shrug:.

Gotenks is already showing up in link descriptions so it must be soon

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

Gotenks is already showing up in link descriptions so it must be soon

Gotenks has been showing up for months though. It should be soon though anyway, unless they want to run the filler-gachas

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gotenks was a side fight in some event, wasn't he?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He was in the Battle of Gods event.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Good Lord.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Are the SR Metal Cooras worth collecting? They only seem to link up with each other and not all of the links are that great, or am I wrong?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Mine happened to be 53. To which I also cringed, accept 10 at a time and it's not that quick to load.

Severedseven posted:

Are the SR Metal Cooras worth collecting? They only seem to link up with each other and not all of the links are that great, or am I wrong?

I wasn't going to bother at all. I wanted to run Trunks, and then I just saw Mecha Frieza showed up. I still needed 2 of him to max his super, and then grind to Dokkan him into Golden Frieza. Got 1 so far in the run I did, but then I had to take care of some stuff. Hoping for another 1 run = 1 card luck, but doubt it.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm only grinding that event for the missions, honestly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I got enough medals to Z-Awaken SSR Meta Cooler, if I get him. I sold the SR Meta Coolers that dropped to Baba.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I got every single one at around the 600 mark :dance:

I'm saving my stones for the LR Perfect Cell event since that'll probably also require characters with a specific ability from a specific gacha just like with Broly, won't it?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Petiso posted:

I got every single one at around the 600 mark :dance:

I'm saving my stones for the LR Perfect Cell event since that'll probably also require characters with a specific ability from a specific gacha just like with Broly, won't it?

That is correct. The Strike trunks is one of those cards

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
By the way the GT adult Goku we all got should be able to have his super leveled up by the R event Goku similarly to the BoG farmer Goku.

He seems like a pretty good supporting card for early-mid teams

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'm gonna spend all week grinding those awakening medal stages, but it's worth it to finally Z-Awaken all the dudes I leveled up during the tournament.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

visceril posted:

By the way the GT adult Goku we all got should be able to have his super leveled up by the R event Goku similarly to the BoG farmer Goku.

He seems like a pretty good supporting card for early-mid teams

I tried that, the R TEQ Goku only had a 5% chance to boost the SA of the GT Adult Goku.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

the_steve posted:

I tried that, the R TEQ Goku only had a 5% chance to boost the SA of the GT Adult Goku.

Yeah that's the rank difference. A z-awakened TEQ Goku should give better rates. However, you can feed the new Goku waves of TEQs and just brute force it.

It's tedious but if hey if you're new and missed the BoG event then it may be worth it. Good INT cards are hard to come by and mecha freeza is prohibitively hard without Future 17 or DB Yamcha

In my experience King Vegeta was even worse (and he was up recently so he won't be back for a while) and Young Vegeta is going to be freakinf impossible even with the nerfed saibamen

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The only thing I'm getting out of the current gacha after that Coola pull is an endless stream of SR SSJ Vegetas :negative:

I seriously have gotten 7 of the little prick so far.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I got an AGL Metal Cooler and Beep Bot so I'm all set to never do the event again.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

visceril posted:

Yeah that's the rank difference. A z-awakened TEQ Goku should give better rates. However, you can feed the new Goku waves of TEQs and just brute force it.

It's tedious but if hey if you're new and missed the BoG event then it may be worth it. Good INT cards are hard to come by and mecha freeza is prohibitively hard without Future 17 or DB Yamcha

In my experience King Vegeta was even worse (and he was up recently so he won't be back for a while) and Young Vegeta is going to be freakinf impossible even with the nerfed saibamen

God damnit, I have DB Yamcha and I didn't even think of using him on Mecha Frieza! Would have saved me a bunch of healing items.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

God damnit, I have DB Yamcha and I didn't even think of using him on Mecha Frieza! Would have saved me a bunch of healing items.

I think they patched it, but in the past if you had one of the -25% attack leaders and joined with a friend that had the same ability, the enemy would only do 10 damage. I choose to believe that glitch is why there are so many maxed INT golden freezas running around

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I rarely did that, even when it worked. Took too long. I usually took my reduction leader and grabbed a ki+3 friend. Nowadays I alternate between ki+3 and attack+50% leaders for my mono teams and just burn things down.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I used to consider damage reduction leaders the best, due to that glitch as well as overvaluing healing items, and not really caring how long it took to defeat a boss (take that chair Frezia! wait until I get enough ki for a level 10 Jackie Chun kamehame). Now with swimming in Senzus and Dendes, attack/ki up is the way to go. Although before Trunks it was a while before I was doing stages that I needed to run a mono team.

It feels good having all the missions complete, although I didn't get any Metal Coora to SA LV 10. Also, is the drop rate on normal Coora's event the worst in the game? I finally got 1 this afternoon (the other I got from a pull), and I have must have run that event at least 40 times since it started.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's pretty bad. I have 3 colors of them so far. On the other hand, my Trunks is up to SA6.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope I can try and at least brute force the Cell event

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Aurora posted:

I hope I can try and at least brute force the Cell event

From what I've heard, Broly is the hardest and the others are manageable.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

It's pretty bad. I have 3 colors of them so far. On the other hand, my Trunks is up to SA6.

I got Trunks up to 10, although it took a few stamina runs after I mentioned the drop rate being good. Metal Coora's have been pretty good for me. AGL and TEQ 7, STR 6, INT and PHY 4. It's the Dokkan Awakenable Coora who I don't believe actually drops from his stage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh, yeah, SR Cooler's drop rate is abysmal. I managed one early during the first run. He is super common from the gacha, though!

Based on a few runs of Mecha Frieza, I think PHY SSG Goku is a better mono-PHY leader than Ultimate Gohan for a Kamehameha team, which seemed counterintuitive. The team is SSG Goku, SSJ Goku, Ultimate Gohan, SSJ Adult Gohan, and Perfect Cell. All of these dudes have +Attack passives and benefit massively from the +attack leader skill. SR SSJ Adult Gohan is a beast, too. I mean, he's obviously worse than the other SSJ Adult Gohan cards, but it's quite nice.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 23, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

PHY SSG Goku is a better card than I think people give it credit for, but for some weird reason it uses AGL awakening medals, not PHY. I haven't been able to awaken it yet, since I'm running the weekly events in order and I still need medals for my nine million lvl. 60 TEQ fighters.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

PHY SSG Goku is a better card than I think people give it credit for, but for some weird reason it uses AGL awakening medals, not PHY. I haven't been able to awaken it yet, since I'm running the weekly events in order and I still need medals for my nine million lvl. 60 TEQ fighters.

Yeah, INT SSJ Teen Gohan is similar, takes AGL medals instead of INT.

It's a little late, but should I bother trying to get the STR Trunks before the reset? I couldn't beat it on Z-Hard.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Training in the clouds is nice. Not only do the missions give you each of the supreme kais, you can sometimes get one from the stage itself.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Haerc posted:

It's a little late, but should I bother trying to get the STR Trunks before the reset? I couldn't beat it on Z-Hard.

You apparently need it for one of the upcoming Dokkan events, I think. It's got a pretty good drop rate, if you can't beat it on Z-Hard it shouldn't take too long on just hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You apparently need it for one of the upcoming Dokkan events, I think. It's got a pretty good drop rate, if you can't beat it on Z-Hard it shouldn't take too long on just hard.

K, I'll keep trying. Should I bother with King Cold/Freeza/whoever shows up, or just rush to Trunks?