Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feels like any support I had for custom dudes dried up because of how whiny Woolie was being about it.

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if the Zaibatsu (or at least Liam) are expecting to watch the subbed screening of Kizumonogatari Part 1 next week?

None of them care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm amazed by how much clipping is going on in the SFV character select screen

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
With the amount of time it would make to make a full squad of custom characters in XCOM and how quickly they're basically guaranteed to die horribly it's so not worth it. Pat's 100% right.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I hope they do a second run after this one ends

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TriffTshngo posted:

With the amount of time it would make to make a full squad of custom characters in XCOM and how quickly they're basically guaranteed to die horribly it's so not worth it. Pat's 100% right.

Counterpoint:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I take back everything I've ever said.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae posted:

Counterpoint:

THEY NEED TO DO A SECOND RUN WITH THIS poo poo

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Alright, where are those mods? They sure aren't in the steam workshop.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Alright, where are those mods? They sure aren't in the steam workshop.

?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626235605

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Apparently I do not know how to browse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Those hats are goon made to boot

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

Yeah, common sentiment but I gotta go with Woolie on this one. Pat argues that it's better to let your troops develop their own characters as they progress but he's not gonna get far enough for that to happen. I mean, we've all seen the massive groundswell around the Carol Ray lore that NoFunCOM2 has created. That memorable character Carol Ray.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm even recalling the name correctly.

oh my god the random pool character wasn't remarkable after one episoooode what shall we doooooo

C'mon, dude. Pat would have wasted time installing mods, making these dumb references and guaranteeing they were the only things on the pool. Past episode 3 we'd either be back to the generic CAW pool or have a clone situation, which kinda defeats the purpose. He is on the right side of history.

On the other hand,

Rodyle posted:

I feels like any support I had for custom dudes dried up because of how whiny Woolie was being about it.

People here are just as lovely as Woolie about it, he just said "aww, but it would've been cool", that barely qualifies as whiny. Sheesh.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Yeah, Woolie being an alien sympathizer is way more disgusting.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
He's just so eager to ignore his allies and sell out humanity to jump good.

Woolie should like Dr. Tygan, they're both filthy collaborators.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

As long as they look cool enough, Woolie will forgive any crime.

We're just lucky that Hitler was an ugly goober.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"But what if the aliens had tattoos and cool dreads?"

Also NBA 2k16 is a fantastic fever dream of an LP. Also Woolie won't ever win a match.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

"But what if the aliens had tattoos and cool dreads?"

Also NBA 2k16 is a fantastic fever dream of an LP. Also Woolie won't ever win a match.

I only just now saw this and boy did it already start great.

"Ooooh...kicks means SHOES..."

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

oh my god the random pool character wasn't remarkable after one episoooode

Two episodes. Also their custom characters dying immediately would have been part of the fun, because then there could be a 'winner' out of the 'batsu, which I feel could have fueled some entertaining banter. Having played it, I know you need literally 0 mods to make reasonably accurate Woolie, Matt, Pat and Liam, and considering it's just presets rather than huge, granular sliders, it would have taken Pat 20 minutes tops.

I'm not butthurt about it, it's just my opinion, but Pat's not on the "right side" of anything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie losing these basketball games and the recruiters still being all over his dick is loving poetry, thank you Spike Lee.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Woolie losing these basketball games and the recruiters still being all over his dick is loving poetry, thank you Spike Lee.

To be fair, "terrible basketball player gets a shot regardless because he's over 7 foot tall and you can't teach that" is a staple in the sport.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just ask the Best Friends

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Look, there are intangibles to the Rage of Africa, he's a very explosive athlete, the draft process values that sorta stuff.

I do hope Woolie doesn't manage to win a single game the entire LP and somehow still ends up as a Hall of Famer or something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love that, not 30 seconds into part 1 of NBA2k16, they call Steph Curry "Steve Curry".

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know how someone can live nearly 3 decades upon the North American continent and not know what kicks are.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

I don't know how someone can live nearly 3 decades upon the North American continent and not know what kicks are.

I wonder if Pat ever listened to that song and thought "why are they singing about kids kicking with hydraulic legs?"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Seriously, this is a new high-ranking entry of Patrick Boivin: Crazy Person.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

to be fair, I've also never heard anyone actually use that term non-ironically, it's really stupid slang

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Justice Sloth posted:

Having played it, I know you need literally 0 mods to make reasonably accurate Woolie, Matt, Pat and Liam, and considering it's just presets rather than huge, granular sliders, it would have taken Pat 20 minutes tops.

thats not even mentioning the flood of created character versions of them that flooded their reddit that they can use instead of having to spend those 20 minutes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
If you don't know what pumped up kicks are then how do you know how to run, outrun my gun?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dias posted:

Woolie would sell us all out for a super jump. If aliens ever invade, he's gonna be the first collaborator.

Woolie confirmed to be OK with a dystopian future full of genocide and weird genetic engineering as long as he gets a wall run.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Kimmalah posted:

Woolie confirmed to be OK with a dystopian future full of genocide and weird genetic engineering as long as he gets a wall run.

How many wall running humans have you seen? He's OK with this dystopian future as long as the aliens promise to be working on wall run technology in their enormous factories no humans are allowed in.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

How many wall running humans have you seen? He's OK with this dystopian future as long as the aliens promise to be working on wall run technology in their enormous factories no humans are allowed in.

I mean, he's a card carrying fan of PriStri.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Woolie's fine with a dystopian future as long as he can be part of the Principality of Zeon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Woolie's fine with a dystopian future as long as he can be part of the Principality of Zeon.

I've heard they did nothing wrong

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Indecisive posted:

to be fair, I've also never heard anyone actually use that term non-ironically, it's really stupid slang

Really? I've heard it used plenty, but maybe because I live in Nor Cal, and we use hella slang. I also don't see how "kicks" is more stupid than any other slang term for anything.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I heard Woolie supports the Terraists.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Woolie would probably support the Combine since all he'd have to do is agree to work in Civil Protection for better living conditions and get to beat up people on a daily basis.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Is woolie the traitor going to be one of his new nicknames?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie "Quisling" Madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just made a Pat character then fed him to a Berserker in protest of the XCOM LP. Doomed to mediocrity before it even started.

Edit: Before anyone jumps down my throat,I'm being sarcastic. About the first part at least. I do genuinely think the XCOM LP is :mediocre: But the other LP's going on right now are great. Want a competent XCOM LP that uses actual character pools? ChristopherOdd has you covered.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 22, 2016