Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Fabricated posted:

Totally true; but I guess this is in one of the newer volumes too:

So why don't her gloves float, then? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Fabricated posted:

Totally true; but I guess this is in one of the newer volumes too:

It could also just be there in case she accidentally activates her power in her sleep.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uraraka is cute!

Cute!!!!!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it was specifically mentioned early on that if she touches all five of the pads on her fingers to a thing, it will stop being affected by gravity. So, yeah, it's like Shigaraki's power (or rather, Shigaraki's is like hers since we knew about hers first and she was what people were comparing him to when they were speculating about his power), but with levitation instead of destruction.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For some reason I had it in my head she had to willingly activate her power since she can willingly deactivate it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Roland Jones posted:

I think it was specifically mentioned early on that if she touches all five of the pads on her fingers to a thing, it will stop being affected by gravity. So, yeah, it's like Shigaraki's power (or rather, Shigaraki's is like hers since we knew about hers first and she was what people were comparing him to when they were speculating about his power), but with levitation instead of destruction.

That's from the title page of chapter 22. The translation says she "can" remove the gravity, but I dunno if that's the correct translation or not. What does the official Viz translation say?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Fabricated posted:

For some reason I had it in my head she had to willingly activate her power since she can willingly deactivate it.

She deactivates it by pressing all ten of her fingertips together. I don't think there's any mental component to her power what-so-ever.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

That is a bit of an oddity, yeah. Edit: Or what Gnome said.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Ochako's just got good trigger discipline

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't remember which chapter that panel is from. I must have missed some omakes somewhere.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Chapter 13, while they're on the bus to the training grounds.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DoubleDonut posted:

Yaoyorozu is so cool

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Uraraka is cute!

Cute!!!!!

Countblanc posted:

Yaoyorozu is so cool

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fabricated posted:

I really like the little weekly/semi-weekly images Horikoshi does.

Where do those get posted, anyway? I see them floating around but I don't know the source.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Where do those get posted, anyway? I see them floating around but I don't know the source.
Horikoshi's twitter.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
There's a bunch of cool drawings there I hadn't seen. Such a good artist.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Korean Scans:

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/631715

More great faces from Horikoshi in this one.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Its the fuckin peanut gallery of villains around here
ending spoilers for those who cant read korean or find translations: Mr Magoo took Baron Explodo-kill in his magic marbles to the side of villainy

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 26, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did that reveal what crazy girl's quirk is yet?

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Zeruel posted:

Its the fuckin peanut gallery of villains around here
ending spoilers for those who cant read korean or find translations: Mr Magoo took Baron Explodo-kill in his magic marbles to the side of villainy

Called it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Radish posted:

Did that reveal what crazy girl's quirk is yet?

No but all her murder victims were drained of blood I think, so something to do with that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears she is going to target Deku. Because he just met her creepy fetish of being beat up and covered in blood.

Also the chapter with a few spelling errors http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/080/3255/1

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 27, 2016

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears she is going to target Deku.

It's worth noting that it happened right after she drained a bunch of blood from Ochako. Given her repeated talk of becoming the people she loves it's possible the blush is related to her quirk.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She's probably interested in Deku because she's a Stain fangirl and he saved Deku's life. Also, I was hoping that fight would last a little longer. :(

Oh, and Shouji can talk out of his tentacles. That's kind of freaky.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh, and Shouji can talk out of his tentacles. That's kind of freaky.

That's always how he talked.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I somehow never noticed. Still kind of freaky though.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mangastream version is out.

The scene where Himiko gets into Ochakos head was creepy as poo poo.

Good Chapter, Such.

Kaito Kid is a little outgunned here, it'll be interesting to see how he intends to play this. And a pre-emptive :lol: if Deku manages to take out three villains this arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vengarr posted:

Mangastream version is out.

The scene where Himiko gets into Ochakos head was creepy as poo poo.

Good Chapter, Such.

Kaito Kid is a little outgunned here, it'll be interesting to see how he intends to play this. And a pre-emptive :lol: if Deku manages to take out three villains this arc.

But Deku only took out Muscular?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Why in the world didn't Ochako just make her float after grabbing her?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MonsterEnvy posted:

But Deku only took out Muscular?

I think we can safely give him partial credit for Moonfish too.

Ytlaya posted:

Why in the world didn't Ochako just make her float after grabbing her?

That could actually make her more dangerous depending on what her Quirk is. Putting her in a submission hold was the safer choice. Losing concentration was where she messed up.

Oh poo poo, the second marble in Dark Magician's hand is Tokoyami :ohdear:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How do you beat a villain with tooth-based powers?

Knock all his teeth out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Say Nothing posted:

How do you beat a villain with tooth-based powers?

Knock all his teeth out.

Ever since he was introduced, I've wondered if his power is really based on teeth or if it's bone. It makes a sort of sense, if you think about it. Say you have a power that lets you manipulate your bones so you can do the stuff Moonfish can. Well, you wouldn't be able to do much without cutting a lot of muscle. Unless you limited it to your teeth, which is the closest thing you've got to exposed bone.

Dunno, dumb theory. He'll probably never show up again.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Vengarr posted:

Kaito Kid

lmao

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I really hope this whole plan backfires horribly. Bakugo's a poo poo head but he's still a hero. They just took Baron Explodo-kill back to their base of operations... That's not the best of ideas.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
and maybe also put Tokoyami in a dark space... not the best of plans. Bakugou is an rear end but he's still a hero, and the villains will find out, hopefully soon

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So do we know what the creepy blood-girl's power is? I assume it is related to drinking blood.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Still not aboard the "Bakugou may be a jerk, but he's still a hero" train, but I do think/hope there's enough to him that he won't be easily swayed by whatever the bad guys have to say.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Still not aboard the "Bakugou may be a jerk, but he's still a hero" train, but I do think/hope there's enough to him that he won't be easily swayed by whatever the bad guys have to say.

Yeah I'd be pretty disappointed if he was convinced by anything on their side. If anything he strikes me as an antihero in the making since he seems to have his own internal sense of justice or whatever even if he doesn't conform to how he's supposed to act to be considered heroic. I could see him saying "gently caress all y'all" at some point and just doing his own thing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

What's I'm most worried about is him getting stripped of his powers by AfO. He's got an ego and it would be appropriate for him to lose his powers as a humbling experience but he doesn't have much growth to his character, really just the one fight he and Deku had with All Might. Without his quirk I can't see a place fore him in the main story without somewhat changing the tone and focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Everything Burrito posted:

Yeah I'd be pretty disappointed if he was convinced by anything on their side. If anything he strikes me as an antihero in the making since he seems to have his own internal sense of justice or whatever even if he doesn't conform to how he's supposed to act to be considered heroic. I could see him saying "gently caress all y'all" at some point and just doing his own thing.
Bakugou hasn't done much of anything to convince me he has any sense of, understanding, or appreciation for justice, but the kid's got aspirations. He wants to be the best and he works himself to the bone to be better than everyone else.

My thought is that he'll recognize an obvious con when he sees one, someone attempting to "Use" him, and say nix to that. He'll climb to the top on his own power, thank you very much.

Brought To You By posted:

What's I'm most worried about is him getting stripped of his powers by AfO. He's got an ego and it would be appropriate for him to lose his powers as a humbling experience but he doesn't have much growth to his character, really just the one fight he and Deku had with All Might. Without his quirk I can't see a place fore him in the main story without somewhat changing the tone and focus.
I could see this happening.